BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,102
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 45 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Majority of people lie even when the truth has been announced about scholarship monies. Nature of the beast to not be honest or forthcoming. So many should think when the child is assuming loans at 45,000 + to play a game. Rather it be academics then lax.

Amen. I also have a nephew at UVa on a whopping $900 a year scholarship, and he saw the field some last year. Petro just added another 2017. It is not believable all these top recruits are getting top recruit money, and so be it to go to a good school like Hop. My next question is if you are the coach at a certain Bmore school with initials JHU and you overpromising money to 2017s, what happens later? Does he just drop reality on kids and say I am mot starting you out at 60%, I still want you but I can only give you 15%? Just play great and I will dial you up to 50% plus, but not happening now. If you need to de-commit I will release you from my list with a positive reference in case anyone asks. Happens. Believe me, it happens.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can a coach offer in-state tuition for an out-of-state student-athlete and not count as a scholarship?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Majority of people lie even when the truth has been announced about scholarship monies. Nature of the beast to not be honest or forthcoming. So many should think when the child is assuming loans at 45,000 + to play a game. Rather it be academics then lax.

You can believe what you like. I know the $$ my son is getting. Hes committed to a top 20 D1 program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can a coach offer in-state tuition for an out-of-state student-athlete and not count as a scholarship?

No, that would be fraudulent. There are some tricks for applicants...at some state schools if your parent(s) went you are counted as in-state. If you are military there are some GI bill exceptions to make your kid in state. If you are a resident of Wash DC you are not in a state and there is a law stating DC residents get in state tuition at any US state college. Otherwise, to pull that off you'd have to host family your kid in another state or move there. There are examples of people on VA side going to MD or vice versa to save tuition dollars because it is local move.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can believe what you like. I know the $$ my son is getting. Hes committed to a top 20 D1 program.

The topper is back. Who wrote "nobody gets more than $5K"? Some kids get a decent %s but very very few. Rest are Daddy liars. The point is that lacrosse money stinks relative to football. Money in every sport stinks compared to football.

Here is some humble pie tough guy. Some day when your kid arrives on campus he will sit down for training table meals near male cheerleaders. That's right, male cheerleaders. All of the male cheerleaders at BCS conference schools are on FULL SCHOLARSHIP. Now, go be really bitter about that for the next seven years. Every male cheerleader has a better deal than every lacrosse player.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the really Smart athletes know to concentrate on ACADEMICS- which can actually help provide a better future, collegiately & professionally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do the 2015s, 2016s or 2017s get their Likely Letters from Admissions. In the summer just ahead of or early fall of Senior year? That is the way it works for other Likely Letter receivers, academic or athletic targeted kids. Or does it come earlier because lacrosse is an early recruiting sport? Just asking if anyone knows.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do the 2015s, 2016s or 2017s get their Likely Letters from Admissions. In the summer just ahead of or early fall of Senior year? That is the way it works for other Likely Letter receivers, academic or athletic targeted kids. Or does it come earlier because lacrosse is an early recruiting sport? Just asking if anyone knows.

Early commit does not change the sequence of a likely

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was talent like at Express tryouts tonight?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We passed on express tryout last night. But I bet talent level and numbers down.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We passed on express tryout last night. But I bet talent level and numbers down.

Talent was very good and over 80 2017 players there. More than last years rising sophomore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talent was very good and over 80 2017 players there. More than last years rising sophomore

I'm sure Turtles stole the show.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Checked out someone's recco for @angrylaxmom on twitter yesterday. Pretty funny stuff and I can speak for quite a few when I say I can absolutely relate to the tweets... Funny stuff, keep it up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Checked out someone's recco for @angrylaxmom on twitter yesterday. Pretty funny stuff and I can speak for quite a few when I say I can absolutely relate to the tweets... Funny stuff, keep it up.

Ya think?!?! We can all relate!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure Turtles stole the show.

No Turtles in sight. They were not in attendance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All catholic school kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many Catholic school kids are on turtles?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Turtles don't try out for the express it's a invite only team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LI Express 2017 team was easily the worst Express team I've ever seen. They got pummeled all summer long.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LI Express 2017 team was easily the worst Express team I've ever seen. They got pummeled all summer long.

It's because the 2017 Express "A" team is actually the B team and the turtles are the A team in the program. The 2017 "A" team is almost entirely kids from Chaminade, St Anthony's, and Kellenberg.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade-
2 Defense
1 Middie

St.Ant-
1 Goalie
1 LSM
1 Middie

Grand total of 6.
I think 5 of the 6 are committed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False. The turtles always tried out for Express. Always. Saw it with my own eyes for years. Now, why they weren't at the tryout is another question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please know the situation before you speak. The Turtles took Express's best attackman and their best defenseman. Their best middie broke his collarbone in the first tournament of the year and their 2nd best middie (the UNC commit) wasn't able to make any of the tournaments (not sure why). If you take the 4 best players off of any team I'm pretty sure they will not be as good. Considering the circumstances the team played pretty well this summer against top competition...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade-
2 Defense
1 Middie

St.Ant-
1 Goalie
1 LSM
1 Middie

Grand total of 6.

missing a attack-man from Chaminade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please know the situation before you speak. The Turtles took Express's best attackman and their best defenseman. Their best middie broke his collarbone in the first tournament of the year and their 2nd best middie (the UNC commit) wasn't able to make any of the tournaments (not sure why). If you take the 4 best players off of any team I'm pretty sure they will not be as good. Considering the circumstances the team played pretty well this summer against top competition...
Honestly they are weak. All teams go through personnel changes and injuries each year. Can't compete with Dukes, Crabs, 3D National, Leading Edge, Patriot, etc. at thsi point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly they are weak. All teams go through personnel changes and injuries each year. Can't compete with Dukes, Crabs, 3D National, Leading Edge, Patriot, etc. at thsi point.

Yeah ok, nice try

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you feel better about yourself now...ha ha what a comment - class...look it up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you feel better about yourself now...ha ha what a comment - class...look it up

Truth hurts. Look at their record this summer. Putrid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess you didn't see them up in Lake Placid where they made it to the finals undefeated until losing to Sweetlax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You Sir or Ma'am need to seek anger management or counseling or both. You are commenting about 15yr old young adults. Do you honestly believe making such comments is helpful in any way; except to in some twisted way I bet, make yourself feel better? Take a deep breath, I think in time and some maturation on your part, you will see these comments are nothing but hurtful and shameful, and really a poor reflection on you and your family.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dean Vernon Wormer: The time has come for someone to put his foot down. And that foot is me

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Taking anonymous shots at kids - what a toolbag!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You Sir or Ma'am need to seek anger management or counseling or both. You are commenting about 15yr old young adults. Do you honestly believe making such comments is helpful in any way; except to in some twisted way I bet, make yourself feel better? Take a deep breath, I think in time and some maturation on your part, you will see these comments are nothing but hurtful and shameful, and really a poor reflection on you and your family.

Oh yeah? You don't know my family, so I'll clean it up a little for you. SUCKED.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False. The turtles always tried out for Express. Always. Saw it with my own eyes for years. Now, why they weren't at the tryout is another question.

tried out? or showed up for try outs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boon: I gotta work on my game.
Otter: No, no, no, don't think of it as work. The whole point is just to enjoy yourself

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade-
2 Defense
1 Middie

St.Ant-
1 Goalie
1 LSM
1 Middie

Grand total of 6.

missing a attack-man from Chaminade

Rooney: In 1966, Everyone graduated from St. Basil's, except me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best defense and attack are still on express orange. AND the best middie stayed with the team. He's loyal! Express orange had the first commit before the turtles. The team did well and went to finals in two tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best defense and attack are still on express orange. AND the best middie stayed with the team. He's loyal! Express orange had the first commit before the turtles. The team did well and went to finals in two tournaments.

Also the first reclassified. Might as well be totally transparent about that commit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please clarify the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. Did you see either of them at your tryout tonight or Monday? NO. Go to the the Turtle website and you will see their names and where they committed.

Page 8 of 45 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard