BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 118 of 220 1 2 116 117 118 119 120 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
First and foremost, I am in no way connected with TG or YJ. However, I must say that if this is indeed true and is referring to SL, it is a huge loss for TG. I had the pleasure of playing for him many years ago at West Babylon when he a coach at the boys program there. He is one of the best coaches I have ever played for. Head and shoulders above the rest, inclusive of the D1 coach I played for in college. If he is starting his “own thing” I’m certain that players will follow him and he will draw top talent from other programs.

Anyone know the name and or age groups of this startup? Sounds good

Sounds good? No it doesn't. It certainly is not a option to follow the coach, see how strong his team is next year. He can put together a decent team but will never draw enough talent to beat any significant teams. 2 options- stay at TG or jump to YJ. The 2020 team is so strong because of the talent on the team, was he a good coach? Yes, but he didn't need to do a darn thing except rotate kids. Just like many TG and YJ coaches. The kids on that team play and train hard year round, not under SL, that is the reason they are so strong. Good luck to him, its tough to get new clubs going, even tougher to get dysfunctional clubs turned around.

You TG 2020 parents need a life. You have a good team but honestly the kids are 11-12 years old , calm down. You belittle the coaching so what exactly are you paying the Smiths for, you should all just stay together and stop paying TG if these 12 year olds are so good the coaching doesn't matter.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
jack [lacrosse]...you don’t need to beat the best teams...just compete....get a clue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is why you follow a great coach...you pay for coaching...which most of you in all programs don’t get....when you have it you follow!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To all girls team,

Please do the boys FO community a favor and sign the petition against changing rules. We appreciate every signature !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you also hear the voice? If you build it they will come.
I'm going! Lol

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is why you follow a great coach...you pay for coaching...which most of you in all programs don’t get....when you have it you follow!!!

Seriously, how much coaching does your kid really get at the club level? You pay to be seen, that's it. Playing with a better club and better teammates gets you more looks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy- 3 age groups. with 7th grade the oldest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don’t need travel to be seen....camps and clinics can do that...your $ should go toward the development of your child’s ability to play and understand the game....did they get better because of playing more...or was your $ being spent on learning the game and improving??? How are practices run...is there feed back during games...or are the college kids on their cell phones???

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
...or are the college kids on their cell phones???

Or are the HS coaches focusing only on the girls from their school? Or are the parent coaches just trying to play up their child? Or are there some good college coaches, and some good HS coaches, or some good parent coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously, how much coaching does your kid really get at the club level? You pay to be seen, that's it. Playing with a better club and better teammates gets you more looks.

If your banking on clubs and club coaches to develope your kid she is going to fall behind.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don’t need travel to be seen....camps and clinics can do that...your $ should go toward the development of your child’s ability to play and understand the game....did they get better because of playing more...or was your $ being spent on learning the game and improving??? How are practices run...is there feed back during games...or are the college kids on their cell phones???

My daughters volleyball coach talks to each player alone after thecseason is over to go over strengths and weaknesses. I think this could be valuable, especially to 2016&17 girls. My niece plays on 91 and although they are very weak Darcy goes over schools the girls are interested in and helps them write letters and makes calls at that level. Just food for thought TG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughters volleyball coach talks to each player alone after thecseason is over to go over strengths and weaknesses. I think this could be valuable, especially to 2016&17 girls. My niece plays on 91 and although they are very weak Darcy goes over schools the girls are interested in and helps them write letters and makes calls at that level. Just food for thought TG

Well I guess you not at that level yet with TG. They set aside a night in the Fall and go over the recruiting process with everyone who shows up. Then it is up to the individual to talk with them about your strengths and weaknesses.I found TG to be very helpful with my daughters recruiting process and helping improve my daughters playing. However you as a Parent and the child have to be involved it is not all up to the Club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious , my daughter is a 2020, loved her coach . In my opinion BS , SS , both very nice but have so far had little involvement w our team. Coach has left and what is downside of leaving w him. Yes SS taking over team is interesting but realistically how much time can she give , recruiting and running Hofstra program, coaching 18s who are just getting into recruiting age, running TG club. Powder what is your opinion.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Curious , my daughter is a 2020, loved her coach . In my opinion BS , SS , both very nice but have so far had little involvement w our team. Coach has left and what is downside of leaving w him. Yes SS taking over team is interesting but realistically how much time can she give , recruiting and running Hofstra program, coaching 18s who are just getting into recruiting age, running TG club. Powder what is your opinion.

I really don't know. Strange days, indeed. I'm really not in the 2020 circle. Is SS taking over? Says who? If that's the word from TG then I'd ask her or Bill how she plans on managing it all, because it is a lot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well I guess you not at that level yet with TG. They set aside a night in the Fall and go over the recruiting process with everyone who shows up. Then it is up to the individual to talk with them about your strengths and weaknesses.I found TG to be very helpful with my daughters recruiting process and helping improve my daughters playing. However you as a Parent and the child have to be involved it is not all up to the Club.

So the fall meeting of "Division 1 will own you" that scared the crap out of the kids is the only time they meet to discuss recruiting?? Wow. It really would not take much for Bill, Shannon, Andrew or a coach to have a 10 minute conversation with a player now would it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the fall meeting of "Division 1 will own you" that scared the crap out of the kids is the only time they meet to discuss recruiting?? Wow. It really would not take much for Bill, Shannon, Andrew or a coach to have a 10 minute
conversation with a player now would it?

No it would not and it is done all the time. They have been great about helping us during the recruiting process.

Now slither back under your rock.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
have you asked any of them about recruiting ? Because both my daughter and I have and they have all been very helpful. The player and parents need to do the work. The Directors and coaches will answer any questions you have. Just ask

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter just finished from 15 Purple. In total over the recruiting process SS & BS answered every question and spent countless hours with my daughter and myself helping with the decision making process . This included reaching out to coaches, relaying information to us about colleges interested and just helping with what would be best for my daughter. The whole thing was made easy with the help we recieved from them. The help is there you just have to be proactive and run things through them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter just finished from 15 Purple. In total over the recruiting process SS & BS answered every question and spent countless hours with my daughter and myself helping with the decision making process . This included reaching out to coaches, relaying information to us about colleges interested and just helping with what would be best for my daughter. The whole thing was made easy with the help we recieved from them. The help is there you just have to be proactive and run things through them.

Thanks BS (or SS) for writing back to us!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah but you don't have to be a member to get this kind of help. M&D in MD does a recruiting night with real coaches (Cathy Reese being one) there to present, give tips and answer questions. You don't have to be an M&D club member to attend and participate. You play club to be seen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah but you don't have to be a member to get this kind of help. M&D in MD does a recruiting night with real coaches (Cathy Reese being one) there to present, give tips and answer questions. You don't have to be an M&D club member to attend and participate. You play club to be seen

Let me know when so I can make a 4 hour drive to MD and sit
on the Jersey Turnpike.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

on the Jersey Turnpike.

Point is, if you can getr the same service for free from an equal or better organization, is it really a perk? Why wouldn't every club open-up the "recruiting night" discussions to the entire lacrosse community? It doesn't cost them anything to put it on.

t

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

on the Jersey Turnpike.

Point is, if you can getr the same service for free from an equal or better organization, is it really a perk? Why wouldn't every club open-up the "recruiting night" discussions to the entire lacrosse community? It doesn't cost them anything to put it on.

t

Why would a club offer their recruiting services to an entire lax community regardless of whether they participate in their club or not. Wouldn't the members of that club feel like the resources that they are paying for are being used up by non-paying members. I wonder if the MD open recruiting night is a promotion to attack more players to their program (which is a very good idea in my opinion), rather than altruism.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I guess you not at that level yet with TG. They set aside a night in the Fall and go over the recruiting process with everyone who shows up. Then it is up to the individual to talk with them about your strengths and weaknesses.I found TG to be very helpful with my daughters recruiting process and helping improve my daughters playing. However you as a Parent and the child have to be involved it is not all up to the Club. [/quote]

Yeah but you don't have to be a member to get this kind of help. M&D in MD does a recruiting night with real coaches (Cathy Reese being one) there to present, give tips and answer questions. You don't have to be an M&D club member to attend and participate. You play club to be seen [/quote]

on the Jersey Turnpike. [/quote]

t
[/quote]
Why would a club offer their recruiting services to an entire lax community regardless of whether they participate in their club or not. Wouldn't the members of that club feel like the resources that they are paying for are being used up by non-paying members. I wonder if the MD open recruiting night is a promotion to attack more players to their program (which is a very good idea in my opinion), rather than altruism. [/quote]

Why should the members care, they are not "paying for it", these things cost nothing for the club to put on, book a school auditorium, club president moderates and college coaches come for free. I think most parents who would complain are scared some non-club kid will get "their spot". Really doubt a top tier club like M&D needs to market themselves by providing feebies. They probably turn away atleast 150-200 kids every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
During tryouts they had my older daughter run the length of the field and back. Do they do the same for the younger ages during tryouts (2022 and 2021's)? Or do they have them run a shorter distance?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
During tryouts they had my older daughter run the length of the field and back. Do they do the same for the younger ages during tryouts (2022 and 2021's)? Or do they have them run a shorter distance?

Last year they did the width of the field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're concerned about your daughter running the length of the field, lacrosse might not be the right sport for her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're concerned about your daughter running the length of the field, lacrosse might not be the right sport for her.

she could always play attack, defense or goalie, the other 9 positions on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok [lacrosse] bag.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was two lengths of the field and just wanted to know so that my 10 year old knows, so she runs it properly. Big difference between a 50 and 220 yard run for a 10 year old who doesn't have a whole lot of track experience.

But your response shows that you are a total tool, and regardless of your kids performance they will probably grow up with issues having a parent like yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What did people think about the skill level of kids that showed up to the 2018 group for tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What did people think about the skill level of kids that showed up to the 2018 group for tryouts?

Everyone was amazing. So much talent and there were So many.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the fall meeting of "Division 1 will own you" that scared the crap out of the kids is the only time they meet to discuss recruiting?? Wow. It really would not take much for Bill, Shannon, Andrew or a coach to have a 10 minute conversation with a player now would it?

At that meeting, they said they would meet with people individually. Were you listening? If your kid had the crap scared out of her, from that comment, she probably isn't cut out for D1 anyway

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks BS (or SS) for writing back to us!!

If you think BS or SS are on here, reading your nonsense, you're proving your ignorance

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually you are showing your ignorance. If you think BS does not come on this site then you have no clue as to who he is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on 2019 yesterday? Three teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually you are showing your ignorance. If you think BS does not come on this site then you have no clue as to who he is.

Never said he doesn't come on here, and I know him very well actually.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they did the same thing with the 2018 going into 8th grade. Had about 75 girls at tryouts with 6 goalies

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 ran full field this morning

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they did the same thing with the 2018 going into 8th grade. Had about 75 girls at tryouts with 6 goalies

But the 2018 white team was just awful this summer.

Like Reply Quote
Page 118 of 220 1 2 116 117 118 119 120 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard