BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 55 1 2 3 4 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AT HS level, they allow. Before that , they do not allow.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That is not true. Their rules recently changed and have agreed to allow them to do both.

Some towns with strong high school programs start to put more pressure on kids to play with the town team in 7th grade. They bring the high school coach to help influence decisions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so you are saying that your depth chart for 2020 would be

1-Crush
2-Express
3,4,5 (not in order) Legacy, 91 Titanium, True Blue

I would like other perspectives of the top 10 if anyone wants to jump in.

Are you actually serious about this? LOL

Give it a try. This will take up 5 pages of responses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Crush
2-Express

If your son is that good, these are the clubs he should try out for- Express, 91, Legacy and True Blue. Pick 2 or 3 try outs and have fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Crush
2-Express

If your son is that good, these are the clubs he should try out for- Express, 91, Legacy and True Blue. Pick 2 or 3 try outs and have fun.

For this grade yes. It would be close to impossible to get on the Crush or Terps. I'm sure Legacy A, True Blue A and Titanium will look to add capable players. It sounds like Legacy and Titanium have mostly Suffolk players and TB has mostly Nassau players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Crush
2-Express

Or if you want to get on a solid 2020 B team there are the Outlaws, jesters, Vipers or Tomahawks. There also is a pretty good team out east called E3, if you out near the Hamptons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you should check your facts. It's my understanding that the rules recently changed to allow them to play out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Crush
2-Express

So

Or if you want to get on a solid 2020 B team there are the Outlaws, jesters, Vipers or Tomahawks. There also is a pretty good team out east called E3, if you out near the Hamptons.

If they are all B , there are only 5 A teams on LI?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Crush
2-Express

So

Yes- I would say there are really 5 TRUE A teams that can compete with one another. I think the first two are true AA teams and can take most AA, A teams from out of state as well. We are talking about 1 grade. I think to say we have 5 strong A is pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Crush
2-Express

So

Considering that most of the other teams enter B brackets, they answer that question themselves.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, I think:
Crush: best in country
Terps: very competitive with top teams
All the other tip teams off LI
The rest (Legacy, titanium, etc) you need to play top competition like looneys, crabs. Then you can claim A status. We don't want to hear how you beat jesters and Outlaws

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, I think:
Crush: best in country
Terps: very competitive with top teams
All the other tip teams off LI
The rest (Legacy, titanium, etc) you need to play top competition like looneys, crabs. Then you can claim A status. We don't want to hear how you beat jesters and Outlaws

It was stated at the start that those 2 teams are obviously above the next group of teams on LI right now. No one is debating that. So those 2 teams are A, the next 3 teams are B and the rest are C or D. Does that make you feel better?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you might be able to consider titanium and legacy a teams. They just need to stop hiding. Especially legacy. Ignorance is not bliss in lax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ entered A bracket in all four tournaments they played beating the Tomahawk purple (A) team to win Crimson Classic in Boston and finishing 3rd in MD 3D tournament behind Crush and Looney's who they lost to in a tight game. Other than Crush, and Terps only other team I thought better than them on LI was Legacy due to F/O player. By transitive property probably Titanium as we'll but who knows...season is over and all the decks are being reshuffled anyway... See you next year...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ entered A bracket in all four tournaments they played beating the Tomahawk purple (A) team to win Crimson Classic in Boston and finishing 3rd in MD 3D tournament behind Crush and Looney's who they lost to in a tight game. Other than Crush, and Terps only other team I thought better than them on LI was Legacy due to F/O player. By transitive property probably Titanium as we'll but who knows...season is over and all the decks are being reshuffled anyway... See you next year...

You lost to the Jesters who obviously are a B team in your own tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Oh yea. And that tournament. Jesters were not bad team but certainly need to add that to resume when placing team with elite teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True. They played very poorly that morning. Agreed. A one goal loss to Patriot was another poor outing...

So on the season their losses were to Crush, looney's, Patriot, Legacy, and, um Jesters... 19-5 (no B brackets).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Oh yea. And that tournament. Jesters were not bad team but certainly need to add that to resume when placing team with elite teams.

How many kids were on that team? It looked like there were around 15 players on their sideline during the game when we played them. That's a lot of kids to give playing time to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24--equal rotation for all the lines, though shift duration sometimes varied due to circumstance of the game--no set m/u or m/d till the last two tournaments either. All kids learned which was positive--but could obviously affect results--18-24 not equal or even close to 1-6... Positive experience though a few less kids and a few more numbers would enhanced...kids were happy though so who is Dad to complain...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24--equal rotation for all the lines, though shift duration sometimes varied due to circumstance of the game--no set m/u or m/d till the last two tournaments either. All kids learned which was positive--but could obviously affect results--18-24 not equal or even close to 1-6... Positive experience though a few less kids and a few more numbers would enhanced...kids were happy though so who is Dad to complain...

Sounds like you feel your kid is in the 1-6 group.
Given how short these tournament games are, having that many kids on a team has to be rough. That's a lot of kids and parents to keep happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a great read, yes. At this stage both me and my son were content with it though. For the most part, nice kids and parents. Having been through this grind 9th grade is where org 1st and then team matters depending on what the realistic goals/aspirations/opportunities are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Forgive me.....but do you mean there were a max of 6 quality players on the team and that everyone else was not equal or close? Or are you saying there were 6 strong, 6 very weak and then everyone else? Sorry for the inquisition, but thinking of having my kid try out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you feel your kid is in the 1-6 group.
Given how short these tournament games are, having that many kids on a team has to be rough. That's a lot of kids and parents to keep happy.

20 to 24 is the deal anywhere. Come July you could use more when playing 4 games in 90 degree weather.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a great read, yes. At this stage both me and my son were content with it though. For the most part, nice kids and parents. Having been through this grind 9th grade is where org 1st and then team matters depending on what the realistic goals/aspirations/opportunities are.

With the amount of money they get per player, I think they would make enough to survive if they kept 20 or 21 on a team. What did they have 10 middies?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With the amount of money they get per player, I think they would make enough to survive if they kept 20 or 21 on a team. What did they have 10 middies?

Forget the money. Can't play with 20 in summer.

2 goalie
9 middies
LSM
Fogo
5/6 attack
5/6 defense

23 to 24 is needed when they are older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 goalie
9 middies
LSM
Fogo
5/6 attack
5/6 defense

You do not need 3 lines of middies for 44 minute running time games. Especially if you use LSMs and gave a FOGO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 goalie
9 middies
LSM
Fogo
5/6 attack
5/6 defense

You do not need 3 lines of middies for 44 minute running time games. Especially if you use LSMs and gave a FOGO.

Agree....look at some of the successful teams also. They often show up with significantly less than 24 kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 goalie
9 middies
LSM
Fogo
5/6 attack
5/6 defense

I totally disagree. We had 22 players on our 2020 A team team and with injuries played 19 or 20 players often. It was perfect. The tournament games are so short. Getting playing time for 24 or 25 kids in those running time games is crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a fl$ player I'm just curious why all the haters ? We had an up and down season but our boys had fun, grew as a team and individual players and while we may not have racked up numerous championships we played in the A brackets of every tournament we played in against the best competition available. There are issues with any team but people stay with fl$ for a reason. These are kids you are all talking about. Please don't forget it. Looking forward to tryouts. Good luck to everybody no matter what team you choose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too many nmiddies. I wouldn't pay 3 plus thousand all in for short shifts. Also assume that man up unit is first line so even less playing time.

2 goalie
9 middies
LSM
Fogo
5/6 attack
5/6 defense

I totally disagree. We had 22 players on our 2020 A team team and with injuries played 19 or 20 players often. It was perfect. The tournament games are so short. Getting playing time for 24 or 25 kids in those running time games is crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a fl$ player I'm just curious why all the haters ? We had an up and down season but our boys had fun, grew as a team and individual players and while we may not have racked up numerous championships we played in the A brackets of every tournament we played in against the best competition available. There are issues with any team but people stay with fl$ for a reason. These are kids you are all talking about. Please don't forget it. Looking forward to tryouts. Good luck to everybody no matter what team you choose.

The conversation was about how many players are on a team. No one said anything negative about any kids. I am glad that fl$ works for you. However, I would bet most parents feel that 24 or 25 players on a team is too many to get ample playing time for everyone. In addition, the parents of the better kids on the team would be especially unhappy with that many.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The conversation was about how many players are on a team. No one said anything negative about any kids. I am glad that fl$ works for you. However, I would bet most parents feel that 24 or 25 players on a team is too many to get ample playing time for everyone. In addition, the parents of the better kids on the team would be especially unhappy with that many.

That's why everyone is lucky the parents don't get to make roster sizes or decisions. 18 to 20 and you are in big trouble when you have 3 games on 95 degree day in July. Or if someone gets hurt. I good coach will figure out how to balance playing time and win games. Especially as they get older and you have specialist. Fogo, LSM etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally agree being the parent of the post who enjoyed our 2020 fl$ season. 12 middies and a roster of 24 is a concern of all those that played last year. We al hope that issue will be addressed. The pros definitely outweighed the cons and look forward to another season of growth on a team with a great group of kids. Hope to make it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's why everyone is lucky the parents don't get to make roster sizes or decisions. 18 to 20 and you are in big trouble when you have 3 games on 95 degree day in July. Or if someone gets hurt. I good coach will figure out how to balance playing time and win
games. Especially as they get older and you have specialist. Fogo, LSM etc

5 attack
7 middies(1 of them could also play some attack)
1 LSM
1 FOGO
5 defense
2 goalies
_________
You don't need more than the above.
The Crush plays with around 18 and 10 of them play 3 quarters of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush could play with 13 because that's all they play anyway

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is adding a 2020 team. Do people anticipate that team will be any good?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The pre tryout core is last years Express B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A bunch of kids from Express B are going there. That team was not strong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush could play with 13 because that's all they play anyway

Am I the only one who thinks Crush for as good as they are should break up where the better players get on 2019 teams. HS is coming close and many may and should get selectively classified for their districts JV teams this year. Let your tax $$ work for you now since most of the core will go private for HS.

Please do not POO POO the idea because you say why should a district train a player who may not play at that HS. Remember HS sports and specifically selection classification is for the particular student athlete (elite exceptional) making sure they are playing at the right level. Selection classification isn't to make a team better or a fill a roster spot but to ensure a student athlete is growing within the sport.

I am not saying this as a dig to the players just the opposite. Would any of the Crush players not only make 91 2019 orange but start? I only say this because JS has set the bar high with coaching and who can they go to where they feel they will be challenged grow and learn?

You are the best 2020 by a large margin, spread your wings challenge yourselves and let the rest of us battle it out for 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 crush will not be same team 2-3 years from now if they want to compete it happens to all good young teams they will be luckily to have 5 kids form the original team

Page 2 of 55 1 2 3 4 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard