BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,633
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 158 of 327 1 2 156 157 158 159 160 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How come all the top LI clubs were at Hofstra Tourney and not at LI Elite tourney? Dont say they weren't, we all know they were .

come up with an intelligent answer please. YJ cant seem to get along with anyone, not even themselves. LOL

You cant say all the top clubs were there if yellow jackets was not.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manning isn't the head coach so I don't get your issues. He is a great guy and works well with the girls! His daughter plays with mine and she definitely deserves to be there! But I'm guessing that who ever is complaining your daughter doesn't!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come all the top LI clubs were at Hofstra Tourney and not at LI Elite tourney? Dont say they weren't, we all know they were .

come up with an intelligent answer please. YJ cant seem to get along with anyone, not even themselves. LOL

What top clubs were at Hofstra?? No Liberty, no YJ not even Elevate participated this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are they going to do about Manning?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What are they going to do about Manning?

Please articulate why "they" need to do something? It seems like you're the only one with an axe to grind with the guy so you keep dropping innuendos without backing anything up with facts. Either come out and say something real or go away.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alright summer ball is over, I have heard dozens of YJ parents swear they are leaving for TG's and dozens of TG parents leaving for YJ. Having multiple girls playing for years now I seen this phenomenon every year peaking right about now. Some thoughts on the process... The move is much easier for a YJ player to do. TG is at a distinct disadvantage, YJ girls can easily try out for TG and see if the can move from top team YJ to top team TG or even 2nd team YJ to top team TG. No harm at all in trying. Not the case at all the other way around unless you want to walk away from your deposit by the time YJ tryouts come around. Kinda feels like cheesy extortion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some talk on our daughters team ( no team specifics but part of one of the 2 mentioned ) is that a few are trying out for a particular 91 team that has been formed for some time and has been very competitive this summer. Not going to say they are part of the top percentile of players but sounds tempting enough to give it a try from what they are saying .
But is it true about YJ being purchase by 91?

Alright summer ball is over, I have heard dozens of YJ parents swear they are leaving for TG's and dozens of TG parents leaving for YJ. Having multiple girls playing for years now I seen this phenomenon every year peaking right about now. Some thoughts on the process... The move is much easier for a YJ player to do. TG is at a distinct disadvantage, YJ girls can easily try out for TG and see if the can move from top team YJ to top team TG or even 2nd team YJ to top team TG. No harm at all in trying. Not the case at all the other way around unless you want to walk away from your deposit by the time YJ tryouts come around. Kinda feels like cheesy extortion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let your daughters try out for every team. It's a great workout and cheap. Then allow them to decide what works best. I think there will be quite a few leaving TG, especially if they were on a white team.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Let your daughters try out for every team. It's a great workout and cheap. Then allow them to decide what works best. I think there will be quite a few leaving TG, especially if they were on a white team.

Except what about the timing? You try out, clubs want their answers before all the tryouts are done. YJ tryouts are really late.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryouts are not necessarily cheap. You might be better off picking one or two and using your money for training. A quick check found the following tryout fees, from low to high:

TopGuns $35
SC All Stars $35
Team 91 $40
Revolution $55
fl$ $75
Elevate $75

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leave white and go where? Again there are only two age groups with a white team, not familiar with both, but I know on one of the teams a girl or two could easily replace girls on second YJ 18 team. But politics, f&f it would be a gamble. That's the whole point here, YJ girls have nothing to lose by trying out for TG. TG girls either gamble they can break through the politics, or walk away from the deposit on the tg if they tryout and choose yj.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont assume that the refered 91 teams or team your talking about will take outside players , we had been on 91 a couple of years now playing for the 2017 orange team and a complete turn key team came on board last season along with the 2016, and we did not have a shot at getting on that team which apparently plays all year round together . They are a good team no doubt , but would be very suprised if they took outsude players on either teams .

Some talk on our daughters team ( no team specifics but part of one of the 2 mentioned ) is that a few are trying out for a particular 91 team that has been formed for some time and has been very competitive this summer. Not going to say they are part of the top percentile of players but sounds tempting enough to give it a try from what they are saying .
But is it true about YJ being purchase by 91?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leave white and go where? Again there are only two age groups with a white team, not familiar with both, but I know on one of the teams a girl or two could easily replace girls on second YJ 18 team. But politics, f&f it would be a gamble. That's the whole point here, YJ girls have nothing to lose by trying out for TG. TG girls either gamble they can break through the politics, or walk away from the deposit on the tg if they tryout and choose yj.

Former topgun girl left and is on yj top 18 team.she also won MVP at LI AA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryouts are not necessarily cheap. You might be better off picking one or two and using your money for training. A quick check found the following tryout fees, from low to high:

TopGuns $35
SC All Stars $35
Team 91 $40
Revolution $55
fl$ $75
Elevate $75

The Elevate Tryouts are 2 Weekends for $75 I believ. Think all the others are one weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She left white team and made yj blue?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Except what about the timing? You try out, clubs want their answers before all the tryouts are done. YJ tryouts are really late.

She can always play on the 12th YJ team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what topgun team but she is now on CRs team and doing great

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stall your deposit for TG. Tell them you can only pay ?100 and will pony up after income tax check comes in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 91 Orange 2017 team cannot compete on the same level ad any TG, YJ or Elevate team. They are a step above PAL, save your money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TopGuns $35
SC All Stars $35
Team 91 $40
Revolution $55
fl$ $75
Elevate $75

The Elevate Tryouts are 2 Weekends for $75 I believ. Think all the others are one weekend.

Last year the tryout was annoying. The owner Dave and other coaches were directing kids by name, clearly gave preference to who was going to make the team. How many girls from the "B" team went to Colorado?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sometimes ya gotta go w your gut

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TopGuns $35
SC All Stars $35
Team 91 $40
Revolution $55
fl$ $75
Elevate $75

Last year the tryout was annoying. The owner Dave and other coaches were directing kids by name, clearly gave preference to who was going to make the team. How many girls from the "B" team went to Colorado?

Sounds like your kids were at the tryout and from your email it sounds like your kid didn't make elevate or was on a B or C team at Elevate. It's ok, you can tryout again this year. Maybe they will know your daughters name this year. Hahha Or play on the 12th YJ team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 titanium 2017 is the team to try out for light years above orange .

The 91 Orange 2017 team cannot compete on the same level ad any TG, YJ or Elevate team. They are a step above PAL, save your money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate advertise multiple coaches for all ages. Top 2018 team had one coach - not one assistant. Coach missed several tournaments. My daughter has played on blue two yrs now but I think we've had it. No energy given to these girls. Sad. There were no multiple coaches for this top team in an important year. Just finished 8 th grade going into high school. Why? Dave helped coach them but they needed someone all the time who believed in them. Love the kids and parents but something big is missing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 titanium 2017 is the team to try out for light years above orange .

Don't you just tryout for the age group and not a team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there were three or four girls on the team who actually knew what they were doing… but others were not as talented and weren't ready to play at this level. the head coach was quite a nut case and had no business coaching with his lacrosse experience… that also did not help the team with getting as many wins as they should have. 91 also created titanium out of nowhere, they made it select and elite not giving other girls a chance to show what they have to offer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there were three or four girls on the team who actually knew what they were doing… but others were not as talented and weren't ready to play at this level. the head coach was quite a nut case and had no business coaching with his lacrosse experience… that also did not help the team with getting as many wins as they should have. 91 also created titanium out of nowhere, they made it select and elite not giving other girls a chance to show what they have to offer.

That sounds like the 91 team my daughter played on for one year - then we left

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Titanium team was not out of nowhere Those group of girls have been playing together as a pick up team for many years before they went under 91 umbrella . I have seen them prior to 91 and know of the guy who ran that team , they have talent top to bottom on roster , not the type of talent that normally steps to 91 girls program and you cannot blame 91 for keeping that team locked off from the outside. it still baffles me why they went to that program .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Titanium team was not out of nowhere Those group of girls have been playing together as a pick up team for many years before they went under 91 umbrella . I have seen them prior to 91 and know of the guy who ran that team , they have talent top to bottom on roster , not the type of talent that normally steps to 91 girls program and you cannot blame 91 for keeping that team locked off from the outside. it still baffles me why they went to that program .

I guess that is the point, you wouldn't want to ruin that team by adding any of the type of kids that typically come to 91 tryouts. That is also why 91 is not a real club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TopGuns $35
SC All Stars $35
Team 91 $40
Revolution $55
fl$ $75
Elevate $75

Sounds like your kids were at the tryout and from your email it sounds like your kid didn't make elevate or was on a B or C team at Elevate. It's ok, you can tryout again this year. Maybe they will know your daughters name this year. Hahha Or play on the 12th YJ team.

Excellent response! That's sure to get girls to the tryout! Idiot. Once sgain you won't answer a simple question, but "it's ok" . You must be the guy that follows Dave around like a shadow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She must have been from the wrong "town" on SS team. Good for her.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

She must have been from the wrong "town" on SS team. Good for her.

If it's who I think it is, she was on TG Black, not white. I also have no idea what you're talking about with SS "town."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't agree more with the previous parent post regarding Elevate. Besides the noted coaching issue which is a HUGE problem when the head coach misses half of the tournaments, they actually charged you for the uniform on top of the team fee. To make matters worse the uniform sizing was scheduled at the last minute that then required the parents to not only go to a retail store for sizing but then to go back and pick them up. Unfortunately the organization like most became all about the almighty dollar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing that yj and bottom guns don't already do . Top teams in all programs are selective on who they add , that's why they have strong teams .

I guess that is the point, you wouldn't want to ruin that team by adding any of the type of kids that typically come to 91 tryouts. That is also why 91 is not a real club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on the new Adelphi Women's Coach ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't agree more with the previous parent post regarding Elevate. Besides the noted coaching issue which is a HUGE problem when the head coach misses half of the tournaments, they actually charged you for the uniform on top of the team fee. To make matters worse the uniform sizing was scheduled at the last minute that then required the parents to not only go to a retail store for sizing but then to go back and pick them up. Unfortunately the organization like most became all about the almighty dollar.

That may have been the funniest thing I have ever heard in this forum. All teams make you go somewhere for uniforms. Wait, you should go to YJs. If you make a top team CR will send a tailor to your house so your daughter can have it fitted in the comfort of her own home. Hahhaha. That was really funny that you wrote that. I'm not sure you as a parent are cut out for travel lax if that's your issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you are not cut out for real life whoever you are. Go away Elecate owner and get off our thread

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

That may have been the funniest thing I have ever heard in this forum. All teams make you go somewhere for uniforms. Wait, you should go to YJs. If you make a top team CR will send a tailor to your house so your daughter can have it fitted in the comfort of her own home. Hahhaha. That was really funny that you wrote that. I'm not sure you as a parent are cut out for travel lax if that's your issue.

In my experience with two lax clubs and several soccer and basketball clubs, the club gets a few sample sizes, tells you where and when to go to try them on for size (somebody's house, a practice, a neutral location like a school), and then they get distributed at a practice. I've never had to go to a retail store to try and then buy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So are they adding kids to titanium?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

In my experience with two lax clubs and several soccer and basketball clubs, the club gets a few sample sizes, tells you where and when to go to try them on for size (somebody's house, a practice, a neutral location like a school), and then they get distributed at a practice. I've never had to go to a retail store to try and then buy.

You would think for all you pay they would make it easy. YJ's want you wearing that ridiculus bee on everything in your closet morning noon and night

Like Reply Quote
Page 158 of 327 1 2 156 157 158 159 160 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard