BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 114 of 220 1 2 112 113 114 115 116 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Hofstra tournament was the only tournament that had not one vendor selling food! Couldn't even buy a bottle of water?! I have never been to a tournament with no vendors. So strange

About 100 yards away on Hempstead turnpike is Mcdonalds,, chipotle, Ralph's ices, subway... Take a walk and eat up

Tournament was crap. Elevate pulled out this year for a reason. There won't be a tournament next year. And having not one vendor for food or drink was pathetic. No organization should waste their money on this debacle, they couldn't even keep the scores right!

I heard from reliable source ( non topgun), that elevate was sent away due to financial reasons.

Obviously not a reliable source. They chose to do better tournaments as witnessed by the complaints on here. They did go last year but clearly ran into the same issues as people are discussing on here. You have NO reliable source because you as human being most likely have no credibility in any aspect of your life. Elevate clearly had their best financial year ever, most teams they have ever had, great turnout at tryouts, more kids than ever. But you keep going.

Interesting , someone appears to be very defensive about Elevate and it's financial discussions. I wonder why?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see the Maryland teams and Mass teams at Hofstra Tourney this weekend. Even nicer when I went home to my bed and they were all in the parking lot talking about what hotel they were staying in.

Heros and Integrity don't count when saying Maryland teams showed up. You all know there are really only 2.5 that matter. (TLC gets a half)

Compared to Beach Bums & CT Grizzlies at the Elite showcase?

Please confirm - I heard that the Hero's team won the 2019 division. It also looks like that same Hero's 2019 team has beaten the M&D black and Skywalkers Blue teams along with that TLC 2019 red team. Yes, definitely better competion than Beach Bums and CT Grizzlies or Westchester Rev.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No they did not. They lost first game Went home due to loss. Not forfeit
Post it this time

Hey dope [lacrosse]...they finished at 3 - 1 and in a tie with T3 but beat them head to head...that was first tiebreaker. But too many girls had to leave for a flight to Denver so they could not field a team. No big deal..why are you so hung up on a team full of 13-14 year old girls. Let me explain to you that everyone wants to win, however the goal for travel lacrosse if your daughter wants to play at the college level is to get better as a player, and hopefully because of her play she might get noticed at a recruiting event by a college that she may want to attend because it suits her academically and lacrosse wise. Good luck to our daughter...step away from the keyboard

Just setting the record straight. They left because of error on the tournament/coach telling them they didn't make the playoffs. They could field a team and WON the last game without girls going to Denver.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Nice to see the Maryland teams and Mass teams at Hofstra Tourney this weekend. Even nicer when I went home to my bed and they were all in the parking lot talking about what hotel they were staying in.

Heros and Integrity don't count when saying Maryland teams showed up. You all know there are really only 2.5 that matter. (TLC gets a half)

I was just glad that FOR ONCE I didn't have to figure out the most expeditious crossing and/or how to avoid Turnpike traffic. It really is too bad LI can't get a tournament together that is not run by warring clubs, something that our teams could attend without too much sniping and something attractive enough to get some off-LI teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Any college coaches there other than SS?

Yes, I did see some at every game we played. Didn't look to see from where, though.

Agree about the food situation. Food and water should've been available for sale, regardless of the fast food joints in close proximity. If I wanted to run quickly to a vendor to pick up another water, it shouldn't involve getting in my car.

100 yards? Car?

IDK where the 100-yard poster's field was, but ours were never that close. Frankly, I don't think any field was 100 yards from the fast food joints. Maybe as the crow flies, but not walking.

Just for future reference. If on the opposite side of the stadium anyone can walk to the campus market or campus dining hall which was about 100 yards from field on that side. Just ask and you will find it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They might be talking about fields 1, 2 and 3. Probably not 100 yards - more like 100 meters to Mcdonalds, DD and Subway. That's also where the vendors were. But, if you were stuck on the other fields all weekend - you were SOL. Actually, compared to other tournaments parking was very nice.

Ummm..a meter and a yard are approximately the same...

The guy was using dry sarcasm, it was obviously lost on you.

Sorry I must be lost, I did not understand the "dry sarcasm"...I am not that smart. I am only the guy with a cooler full of ice and drinks as well as a sandwich and snacks for my daughter. You can spend a lot of money for a dry gyro or hamburger if you would like at some tournaments. As others have mentioned, this is LI and the fields were not at some HS in southern Jersey or in the middle of farmland like some other tournaments we have attended. A quick drive or walk were easy especially with the ample parking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But Elte showcase also had the best of the best. Th YJs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hofstra tournament was the only tournament that had not one vendor selling food! Couldn't even buy a bottle of water?! I have never been to a tournament with no vendors. So strange

About 100 yards away on Hempstead turnpike is Mcdonalds,, chipotle, Ralph's ices, subway... Take a walk and eat up

Tournament was crap. Elevate pulled out this year for a reason. There won't be a tournament next year. And having not one vendor for food or drink was pathetic. No organization should waste their money on this debacle, they couldn't even keep the scores right!

I heard from reliable source ( non topgun), that elevate was sent away due to financial reasons.

Obviously not a reliable source. They chose to do better tournaments as witnessed by the complaints on here. They did go last year but clearly ran into the same issues as people are discussing on here. You have NO reliable source because you as human being most likely have no credibility in any aspect of your life. Elevate clearly had their best financial year ever, most teams they have ever had, great turnout at tryouts, more kids than ever. But you keep going.

Interesting , someone appears to be very defensive about Elevate and it's financial discussions. I wonder why?

I don't know about Elevate's finances, but I do know that their 2020's pulled out of Hofstra then registered for LI Elite then pulled out of that at the last minute. Very strange....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they are the fastest growing club on LI and certainly have the most opportunity for growth if you look at the competitive landscape. I don't think the person was defensive, I think that they were providing some facts. How that translates to dollars, who knows, but they certainly have some good teams and have grown significantly and built a strong reputation that they can definitely build on when you look at what exists on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's the parents. Elevate parents crazy

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So one of their 15 or so teams, their 2020s had a conflict so it turns into this discussion. That's funny but somewhat sad that people have nothing else to do or discuss. As a person who knows a 2020 parent, there was a conflict with a prior tournament and they had to make one up. I am assuming that since it was so late in the season they were having issues finding ones that a lot of kids could make since they were scheduling it so late. What is funny about this site is that people jump to conclusions and will make things up with having no facts. I find that so odd and wonder if the people on here really behave that way outside of this forum. That behavior is just so foreign to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No crazier than any other club on Long Island. But based on the above, they do know how to write in correct English.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So one of their 15 or so teams, their 2020s had a conflict so it turns into this discussion. That's funny but somewhat sad that people have nothing else to do or discuss. As a person who knows a 2020 parent, there was a conflict with a prior tournament and they had to make one up. I am assuming that since it was so late in the season they were having issues finding ones that a lot of kids could make since they were scheduling it so late. What is funny about this site is that people jump to conclusions and will make things up with having no facts. I find that so odd and wonder if the people on here really behave that way outside of this forum. That behavior is just so foreign to me.

Hofstra tourney had been on the elevate website for several months, sounds like the money is being spent faster than they can make it - HUB is also sucking wind financially and I believe they are somehw intertwined

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No crazier than any other club on Long Island. But based on the above, they do know how to write in correct English.

That's up for debate, played them once this year, very uncomfortable on the sidelines, felt bad for the players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey dopeass, why didn't they send their 18's all to Denver ?? Yj did and played well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra does not allow outside food vendors on campus. Student center was open with multiple options. Starbucks, etc...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This discussion is boring I would rather watch paint dry. Grow up every club has pros and cons. Pick the best for you and you child, have fun , be social and let the kids be kids. This is the biggest problem with athletics PARENTS. I have been involved in this game as a player, coach, and parent. You guys got to get over it. Obama is destroying this country not this crap. Wake up

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Hofstra does not allow outside food vendors on campus. Student center was open with multiple options. Starbucks, etc...

Then that should've been made known.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate didn't pull out they weren't welcomed back !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hofstra tourney had been on the elevate website for several months, sounds like the money is being spent faster than they can make it - HUB is also sucking wind financially and I believe they are somehw intertwined

This is so odd that a grown man or woman that does not have a daughter on a club is stalking and following the happenings of another club so closely and in doing so still has no clue what he is saying(and therefore not doing a very good job). Post your resume on BOTC, we will all help you find a job. And if nothing else, we will help you find a hobby that doesn't involve stalking young girls lacrosse teams....... Creepy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are you people here, jealousy will get you know where. Your LI Elite tournament was a bust, YJ thats it.. Hofstra had many more clubs .. end ogf story .... Go away

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other LI clubs actually like Togguns, thats why they go to topguns tourney and not that dumb [lacrosse] YJ tournament.

Express, Liberty, 91, LI wave, south shore surf, LI Raid, togz, all LI teams that were not at the YJ tourney.... what a shame

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are you people here, jealousy will get you know where. Your LI Elite tournament was a bust, YJ thats it.. Hofstra had many more clubs .. end ogf story .... Go away

The best teams were at Elite. I realize you all needed to play in a tournament that you might actually win. That's ok. See ya next year TGs at the U15 national.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best teams were at Elite. I realize you all needed to play in a tournament that you might actually win. That's ok. See ya next year TGs at the U15 national.

Both tournaments suck. If they were any good, IWLCA would support them, there would be hundreds of teams participating and college coaches attending. You people from LI can't get out of your own way. See you in MD and VA next summer at the good tournaments!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D 2019 does not lose to the aforementioned teams. Nice try though

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sorry I have to say this as this just gets more ridiculous the longer it goes on. Do any of you have a controlling interest in any of these clubs? Do you make any money when you stand up for one club or another or when you degrade another? (BTW my daughter plays for TG) No right?

So why in the world do you fight like cats and dogs about who's better, has better tournaments, better coaches etc. Do you do this at work also when you work at competing companies? My accounting firm is better than yours! Or fight about cable being better than satellite?

To each his own. Every club has good and bad points and its your opinion on which club runs their operation better. Again you don't own them so why do you fight so hard for them?? It's a business!! Baffling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waa waa waaaaa. Quit your crying because YJ & TG are the only relevant teams on the Isle. All other teams need to shut it up and quit the sport. Get off the boards while you're at it. Your opinions dont matter to us

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please confirm - I heard that the Hero's team won the 2019 division. It also looks like that same Hero's 2019 team has beaten the M&D black and Skywalkers Blue teams along with that TLC 2019 red team. Yes, definitely better competion than Beach Bums and CT Grizzlies or Westchester Rev.

No, Heros has not beaten M&D Black 2019, TLC 2019 Red or Skywalkers 2019 Blue. Not even close. They probably have beaten their "B" teams, but who doesn't? Heros is a legit club that is definitely better than the second tier LI teams(Elevate, Liberty, etc), but not near the level of the top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same as TG, TLC and Skywalkers have some only OK A-teams in some years. M and D is really the only other club in the country that is strong every year like Yellow Jackets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Beach Bums 2021 Beat the YJ Thorn Team in 2021. We can't compete with the top team, but this is their supposed "2nd team". What a waste to pay that kind of money, makes me happy about my decision to have my daughter play beach bums.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Beach Bums 2021 Beat the YJ Thorn Team in 2021. We can't compete with the top team, but this is their supposed "2nd team". What a waste to pay that kind of money, makes me happy about my decision to have my daughter play beach bums.

That's a lie. I believe it was a tie at best and the skill level wasn't even close. BB are dirtly players that wouldn't make a yj team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't everybody make a YJ team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've seen the Beach bums play. They are a good rec team, nothing more. In 3 years the top 3 or 4 will leave.

That's a lie. I believe it was a tie at best and the skill level wasn't even close. BB are dirtly players that wouldn't make a yj team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same as TG, TLC and Skywalkers have some only OK A-teams in some years. M and D is really the only other club in the country that is strong every year like Yellow Jackets.

Skywalkers are run a bit differently. They really do not put any effort into winning at the young age groups. Therefore, currently their 2020 and 2021 teams are not very good. However, by the time their teams reach 7th/8th grade they are typically one of the better teams around. I know at the 2018 and 2019 level that Skywalkers has recently had the better of their M&D counterparts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Motto = YOU pay YOU play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come back in four or five years and see how sticking with beach bums works out for you. Public opinion question? Would you rather play on YJ second team or BB top team?
I will cast the first vote....Not even close YJ by a mile.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More like: YOU pay, YOU get to sit and watch everything flow through the chosen few....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually they tied at Babylon Lax Blast, and we won (BB) by one this weekend. No dirty play, your two ball hogs kept driving the net, then dropping it. We would pick it up and then score. We wouldn't know about your team's skills, they never passed the ball. Even when you got the ball on the defensive side, your own coach was yelling for the yj player to run the ball down the field, didn't seem like the coaches had faith in your throwing and catching skills. We won by 1, but c'mon not bad for girls who wouldn't make the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Motto = YOU pay YOU play

Correction, you pay to be on the team. You have to pay extra if you want to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually they tied at Babylon Lax Blast, and we won (BB) by one this weekend. No dirty play, your two ball hogs kept driving the net, then dropping it. We would pick it up and then score. We wouldn't know about your team's skills, they never passed the ball. Even when you got the ball on the defensive side, your own coach was yelling for the yj player to run the ball down the field, didn't seem like the coaches had faith in your throwing and catching skills. We won by 1, but c'mon not bad for girls who wouldn't make the team.

Are you the mommy of the kid that was cut from the A team and went to BB. A little bitter?

Like Reply Quote
Page 114 of 220 1 2 112 113 114 115 116 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard