BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 157 of 327 1 2 155 156 157 158 159 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heard a rumor today albeit an old rumor that CR sold YJ for 7.9 MILLION.

Couple of thoughts.

1. That would be a lot of money.
2. Who has 8mill to spend on a club lax club.
3. Would YJ be YJ with out CR as the head or would it slowly (or quickly) decline.
4. Would someone fill the void.

On a side note why is there such a lack of quality girls programs on long island. There seems to be a lot more boys clubs to choose from without yhe huge drop of as there is with the girls

I am a YJ North Parent and we were told that our club was going to be sold, but all coaches and directors will remain.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why she pushed so hard to get three teams to the U15, in order to get top dollar for the club. She doesn't usually work this hard to qualify teams for this championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I assume you meant 800-1000 for the spring league in addition to regular fees. I would definitely do that, then my kid doesn't have to play with their crappy town team in the spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I assume you meant 800-1000 for the spring league in addition to regular fees. I would definitely do that, then my kid doesn't have to play with their crappy town team in the spring.

You'll be playing a crappy yj team instead, after the top team the drop off is very significant

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couple of thoughts.

3. Would YJ be YJ with out CR as the head or would it slowly (or quickly) decline.

On a side note why is there such a lack of quality girls programs on long island. There seems to be a lot more boys clubs to choose from without yhe huge drop of as there is with the girls

I am a YJ North Parent and we were told that our club was going to be sold, but all coaches and directors will remain.

Its no secret that the club has been for sale for years now. The sale price has been 2 million.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couple of thoughts.

Actually the price you stated came with conditions, it's a ten year deal. She gets 2.9mil off the bat, and 500k a year for 10 years as long as she continues to run the club. Furthermore, they are going to expand the number of teams in most of the age divisions. The initial plan also includes a Yellow Jacket Spring league that will cost $800-$10000 in addition (6-8 games), your team will play other yellow jacket teams (they still need to work out alignment issues, but they are talking about 6 teams per age and having teams play teams in other age divisions, example 2021 1st, 2nd and 3rd team will play in a league with 2020 4,5,6th teams)

Looks like they are using the spring league as a way to generate more revenue and offset their initial investment.

If she got $7.9 million she is a magician. Its going to take forever to earn that back for the new owners even with a spring league. You think they have a lot of clinics now? JUST WAIT LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That's why she pushed so hard to get three teams to the U15, in order to get top dollar for the club. She doesn't usually work this hard to qualify teams for this championship. [/

Completely false and you obviously have no idea what you're talking about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If she sold it for that much money with those parameters that were mentioned above good for her. It shows everyone that hard work & dedication pays off. No matter what anyone says she started this from the ground up without any intentions that she would develop the program into a multi million dollar investment. Good luck and continued success, from Mr Zero a proud TG parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couple of thoughts.

Actually the price you stated came with conditions, it's a ten year deal. She gets 2.9mil off the bat, and 500k a year for 10 years as long as she continues to run the club. Furthermore, they are going to expand the number of teams in most of the age divisions. The initial plan also includes a Yellow Jacket Spring league that will cost $800-$10000 in addition (6-8 games), your team will play other yellow jacket teams (they still need to work out alignment issues, but they are talking about 6 teams per age and having teams play teams in other age divisions, example 2021 1st, 2nd and 3rd team will play in a league with 2020 4,5,6th teams)

Looks like they are using the spring league as a way to generate more revenue and offset their initial investment.

If she got $7.9 million she is a magician. Its going to take forever to earn that back for the new owners even with a spring league. You think they have a lot of clinics now? JUST WAIT LOL

You got the magician part right, put a few thousand dollars on the table, abbra kadabbra, alecazam..... Poof.... Money magically disappears.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You'll be playing a crappy yj team instead, after the top team the drop off is very significant

How do you TG people keep posting this after losing to the 3 level U15 team. YJ deep with multiple good teams at every age

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That's why she pushed so hard to get three teams to the U15, in order to get top dollar for the club. She doesn't usually work this hard to qualify teams for this championship. [/

Completely false and you obviously have no idea what you're talking about

Three very good YJ teams were there but please don't forget the event wasn't even sold out so getting in isn't what it used to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You make a great point so let me expand.

If you held a national tournament in NJ and all of the teams that were in CO attended (Utah, CA, Washington, Co, Az, TX, IL Ohio, ect.) they would meet the same fate. A clearly different style of play. East Coast lax is way more aggressive and deep in talent.

That would leave the quarter finals to look close to this....
YJ
Skywalkers
M&D
Steps
Heroes
Elevate
TG
Liberty
BBL
TLC

And Semis would look like this....

YJ
Skywalkers
M&D
+1 More

Sound familiar??? ANY of these 3 Teams would win the Title.

This year these teams HAVE met at various East Coast Tournaments and YJ has won MORE than there share, if not most or all of these games at multiple age brackets.

Its fact.

So stop belly aching. Yes, if Skywalkers or M&D were in CO, 2 more teams wouldn't have been in the quarters or the semis and the finals "MAY" have been different. Maybe not.

But they weren't there.

YJ GOLD SILVER and BRONZE

Just be happy for these girls. Its unbelievable. That's where US LAX held the tournament. YJ went.

TG LOST to the 2nd YJ17 team fair and square
ELEVATE LOST to a pure YJ 2018 team and then to the 2nd YJ17 team ..fair and square
LIBERTY LOST fair and square to the 2018 team .. do you really think they have a shot at the 2017 teams?? cmon'

Enough. But I agree with 1 thing. Skywalker and M&D ++ should meet with YJ more. When it happens, its always great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are truly pathetic , you want a true national championship tournament but only if its in your backyard. US lax tries to put a great event together and all you do is try to degrade it.

Have one less showcase event and make President's Cup the National Championship for girls then. It's not in everyone's back yard and practically everyone attends. You don't need a 30+ team bracket either as at any given age group, there are max 8 teams that have a realistic shot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the Hornet training is over, I feel compelled to let next years potential customers know how poorly run it was. The first two weeks were fine. The remaining three weeks were terrible. The head coach did not show up anymore and the young trainers they had could not be bothered to show up on time or give much of an effort. My daughter and her friends will definitely not be back.

$350 for 5 lessons plus $25 to sign up for a US Lacrosse number in order to even enroll in hornets. Save your money. Big waste.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are truly pathetic , you want a true national championship tournament but only if its in your backyard. US lax tries to put a great event together and all you do is try to degrade it.

Not degrading the tournament, just the chest bumping about winning it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think it is fair and square that a YJ father was in charge of the timer during his daughter's game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You people are truly pathetic , you want a true national championship tournament but only if its in your backyard. US lax tries to put a great event together and all you do is try to degrade it.

Not degrading the tournament, just the chest bumping about winning it. [/quote

Thanks president Clinton,"depends on what the definition of is is" . Saying that a team should not be proud about winning a tournament is degrading that tournament. How about this , name the tournament that had a championship team that would beat the team that won the Denver tournament.The fact that the YJ 2017 blue team was there makes it the hardest tournament to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is soooo far from the truth its disgusting!! There was a rep from EACH team at the table for EVERY game... Unless you are talking about the Elevate parent rep that INSISTED on keeping the time that he almost ripped the timer out of the refs hand!!! That was the game that lasted an hour and a half BEFORE the overtime!!! Clock issues ya think??? Certainly questionable, but NOT a YJ issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think it is fair and square that a YJ father was in charge of the timer during his daughter's game?

Hey Elevate parent get a life, your best age team lost to a YJ team that is a year younger and missing probably their strongest player. The other age Elevate teams are weak , your next best age group is probably the 2016 team and they are B level at best .Stop making excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers and M&D 2017s don't factor into your theory on "making it the hardest tournament to win"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hornets another money grab the trainers in the Nassau program acted like they were doing you favor being there. If this is the feeder program for the yellow jackets that's pretty sad. Save your money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Hornets was awesome with quality trainers!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couple of thoughts.

This rumor has legs, heard the sale of YJ talk all over this weekend. Don't know if it true or not, and not sure if is a good thing or bad thing. Certainly don't like the idea of a business minded group gaining control, seems like people looking to milk the cow dry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um no. Sorry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ not for sale we asked today it's all stupidity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard one of the deciding factors of your daughter making YJs is that you have to have totally obnoxious parents!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard one of the deciding factors of your daughter making YJs is that you have to have totally obnoxious parents!!!!

Don't quit your day job...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah I made it all up, including the Spring league. I just wanted to hear which parent on my daughters YJ paid attention to the internet forum rumors…..lol..Actually only heard one person mention it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I heard one of the deciding factors of your daughter making YJs is that you have to have totally obnoxious parents!!!! [/quote

Not even remotely funny nor original, you must be a TG parent. Good to know they have internet access in the trailer homes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I heard one of the deciding factors of your daughter making YJs is that you have to have totally obnoxious parents!!!! [/quote

Not even remotely funny nor original, you must be a TG parent. Good to know they have internet access in the trailer homes.

Not the original poster but there it goes again the obnoxious trailer park quote by a fellow YJ parent. We do have many that are obnoxious and tough to take. Just please be quiet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor mill was churning at Lax Clash that 91 was buying Yellow Jackets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the original poster but there it goes again the obnoxious trailer park quote by a fellow YJ parent. We do have many that are obnoxious and tough to take. Just please be quiet
whats the problem could not afford the double wide

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah I made it all up, including the Spring league. I just wanted to hear which parent on my daughters YJ paid attention to the internet forum rumors…..lol..Actually only heard one person mention it.

The YJ thread has nearly 15 million views, I'm sure more than one person on your daughters team is dialed into BOTC. Funny you were able to make something up and watch the reaction. Not sure it reflects well on you as a person, but your anonymous, still gotta look at yourself in the mirror. I heard this rumor talked about by at least a dozen different people this weekend. Even had one source claiming inside knowledge that they knew about the deal weeks ago. All the rumors over the years are based in a real desire to sell the club. It will happen eventually, and when it does nobody will believe it because the boy who cried wolf.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im sorry but its true. seen it first hand with both teams CR has to move manning out of this, To many good girls are going to leave because of him and his agenda

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im sorry but its true. seen it first hand with both teams CR has to move manning out of this, To many good girls are going to leave because of him and his agenda

Can you re-write this in English?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chris manning ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubtful that girls who belong on the team will leave. Maybe a couple who don't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chris manning ?

This is about the twentieth time I have seen people on here complaining about this guy. What's going on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chris manning ?

This is about the twentieth time I have seen people on here complaining about this guy. What's going on?

It's just his turn, you have 800 kids on rosters and 100 that can play, that leaves room for a lot of unhappy parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come all the top LI clubs were at Hofstra Tourney and not at LI Elite tourney? Dont say they weren't, we all know they were .

come up with an intelligent answer please. YJ cant seem to get along with anyone, not even themselves. LOL

Like Reply Quote
Page 157 of 327 1 2 155 156 157 158 159 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard