BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24
Boys 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
Chief Admin
OP Online Content
Chief Admin
BOTC is opening our Fall 2014 through Summer 2015 thread covering the Boys 2021 age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else see the 91 Mom go to fists on the sideline??? what are we in the Bronx?!
Wow, 10 years on the sidelines, and that is the first I've see of a chick fight...In front of the kids too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bronx? you mean what rock.
Wolverines lost to 91 in the championship game.
That being said the wolverines players and parents have more class then 91 even after a loss. I couldn't believe the 91 mom
Went after an express grandma, she had to be pulled away.
The grandma was cheering on her grandson I guess a little to
Loud for the 91 mom. Funny because 91 has the
Loudest parents around.
Who goes to attack a grandma at a lax game?
Guess we know that answer. That was after a win
Imagine what a great example she will set after a loss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing compares to the Barracuda Sachem parent , who is the most Obnoxious loud mouth always yelling at the refs ,his kid , and other parents at every tournament we see him at . Now that's a guy who needs help with his anger issues ! Hate to see what he looks like when his kid is in high school .

Originally Posted by Anonymous
That being said the wolverines players and parents have more class then 91 even after a loss. I couldn't believe the 91 mom
Loudest parents around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loudest parents around.

Some people have no class, no matter what team their kid is on. I'm sure she'll be wearing a different organization shirt in the future. Thankfully the parents at my kids games were pretty good this year (both sides), I can't say the same about his dekhockey games.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another 91 parent who is out of control, now there is a surprise!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 11 year oil is still talking about it this morning, he said, " II didn't think moms do that."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should hook her up with the Barracuda nut job daddy.

quote=Anonymous]Another 91 parent

who is out of control, now there is a surprise! [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weekend was totally nuts!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know the Mom in question and I'm not surprised by her actions. I have seen her and the crew yell at parents many times. Her husband has also had yelled and cursed many times from the sideline. I witnessed a lot of bad sportsmanship by all the 91 teams!!! I witnessed a father encouraging his son to hurt someone else and then celebrating when the kid was carried off the field. We used to play for 91 and went elsewhere do to their constant antics.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not all. 91 teams have these behaviors- been with the club with my sons over the years and can honestly say, the majority of all the parents at 91 and other teams are fine, respectable families. It's the few rotten eggs, here and there, that brings a club it's bad reputation. It's a shame and an embarrassment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any comments on the game? This was the reason that we all were there, right? The game was well played by both sides. It is unfortunate what happened after the game. Any comments from the Wolverine's about the new player from Icon? I feel sorry for the player that lost his spot to the new addition for the last game. We all spend a lot of money for our kids to play on an elite team. It's not right to do that for a win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any comments on the game? This was the reason that we all were there, right? The game was well played by both sides. It is unfortunate what happened after the game. Any comments from the Wolverine's about the new player from Icon? I feel sorry for the player that lost his spot to the new addition for the last game. We all spend a lot of money for our kids to play on an elite team. It's not right to do that for a win.

Was he there as a guest player or he joined the team for the end of the season? What position? I can see a coach wanting to try a new player to see if he fits before next season, but I totally see what you are saying- someone got less playing time if this kid started and bumped another rosetted since the try outs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard he left Icon, big blow to their team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the Igloo director at Laxfest talking to the kid fo a very long time. I guess he picked Express where his brother played. Icon was an A- to A team with him. I wonder if this will knock them down to the B ranks if he left.
Heard he left Icon, big blow to their team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard there are a few "A" Players out there in 2021 that are thinking about moving on from their teams to try something different. I am expecting a shake-up next season with Igloo still the team to beat....Everyone is gunning for top talent. Should make for a great fall tryout schedule. If these programs were smart they would offer partial scholarships or else they could fins themselves on the end of a losing season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG - 'merit' scholarships for youth club lacrosse.

It seems so ridiculous, but it certainly could make sense from a team's point of view to grab a real difference-maker . . . until everyone does it. Then could you end up with the bottom half of the roster paying more so discounts can be used to attract better players. I would say that this could never happen, but then I remember that is exactly what is happening with many colleges and most law schools now in our post-US News/World rankings world.

Seriously, I certainly hope clubs save scholarships for quality kids whose parents can't or can barely afford it. I think clubs should find a way for any kid good enough to make the team to be able to play regardless of money (we actually had good luck getting hotels to offer comped rooms for a couple scholarship kids.)

Do most clubs offer full "scholarships" to a kid that can make the team (not a star) whose parents don't have any money? I certainly didn't see it on a few websites when I checked, but I thought most did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loudest parents around.

Some people have no class, no matter what team their kid is on. I'm sure she'll be wearing a different organization shirt in the future. Thankfully the parents at my kids games were pretty good this year (both sides), I can't say the same about his dekhockey games.

Which dek hockey team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that is done already. Especially for goalies. Although I think the individual coaches are more in favor of this then the owners/Directors. Cant imagine why
I heard there are a few "A" Players out there in 2021 that are thinking about moving on from their teams to try something different. I am expecting a shake-up next season with Igloo still the team to beat....Everyone is gunning for top talent. Should make for a great fall tryout schedule. If these programs were smart they would offer partial scholarships or else they could fins themselves on the end of a losing season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the same thing , Grass is greener on the other side syndrome . I heard that many organizations have been congragating a list of the ones who hop around from team to team too each year , that's not a good sign when these organizations are in bed with each other .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously, you are quite misinformed and a sore loser to boot. Shame on you for forming an opinion on a matter which didn't involve you or go down the way you suppose it did!! The wolverine parents & kids were devastated with the final outcome of the laxclash tournament but overall it was a well played finale.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was thinking same thing. Plenty of Dek Hockey parents I always imagine as some of the lacrosse parents. Last year we are going to play @ the Sports Arena. I know one 8-9 yr olds mom with a bad reputation there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me a break...this is nothing new....how many times have you seen some kid show up and play on a PAL team that they are NOT on. How many times have you seen a GROUP of kids show up to a tournament and play for a club and have never attended a practice. It happens all the time. Coaches will bring in a kid or kids to get a win or try someone out. But now when it happens to you all of a sudden it's not fair. There are no rules in lacrosse unfortunately. It is here to stay. It sucks but it will never change. I have been seeing this happen for years.

Was he there as a guest player or he joined the team for the end of the season? What position? I can see a coach wanting to try a new player to see if he fits before next season, but I totally see what you are saying- someone got less playing time if this kid started and bumped another rosetted since the try outs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He didnt leave ICON. Season was over for Icon and he was invited to play for the Express . The ICON player will be back with ICON in the Fall for the tryout.
Express must be getting nervous needing to recruit 5th Graders to compete vs 91.
Not looking to start a BOTC war here just clearing up the 5/6 grade lacrosse rumor mill.
What a Joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is awesome when your kid gets asked to play for another team, right? But then when someone is asked to play on your sons team and your kid gets bumped...not so great...what goes around comes around...it happens to the best of us so be careful what you wish for

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was done in typical Express fashion...took on a player a tournament... sat the others who paid for the season...nothing new here..guess they really wanted to win versing real competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now you want to give partial scholarships to 11/12 yr olds ? Are you out of your mind. Most club parents can afford it trust me. There's enough talent on LI to replace a young "stud" who's parents are probobly crazy. This whole lax scene is crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2021 91 parents are an absolute embarrassment. I cannot believe the language and the way they scream at everyone's kids on the field. Bunch of low-life's. Where are the classless ones from anyway?
My older son was recruited this past year. His coach told us that the second thing the college coaches asked ( after what his grades were) was, what are the parents like?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He didnt leave ICON. Season was over for Icon and he was invited to play for the Express . The ICON player will be back with ICON in the Fall for the tryout.
Express must be getting nervous needing to recruit 5th Graders to compete vs 91.
Not looking to start a BOTC war here just clearing up the 5/6 grade lacrosse rumor mill.
What a Joke

So why would the Express ask a player who has no intention of leaving his current team to play one tournament? Is winning the tournament that important? Why would the parents of that Express team allow this? Maybe beating 91 at what was considered a home tournament was more important then finishing the season with the players that that gave them a very good summer season. If I was parent on that team I would be pissed!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express didnt "need" the player to beat 91. They have beat 91 the last 2 times they played them on their own. The higher ups asked that the kid play on that team for that tournament. And yes the parents should be pissed. But that is typical Express. It is what it is and anyone who knows Express knows this is how they do things.
What a Joke

So why would the Express ask a player who has no intention of leaving his current team to play one tournament? Is winning the tournament that important? Why would the parents of that Express team allow this? Maybe beating 91 at what was considered a home tournament was more important then finishing the season with the players that that gave them a very good summer season. If I was parent on that team I would be pissed!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Higher ups? And you know this how?
Coming from Anonymous I would say your theory is not credible, but yes wolves beat 91 before , maybe just relying on an outside talent a bit to much , causing them to lose in championship. Parents being pissed on the wolves is nothing new as most likely this statement is coming from a disgruntled Wolve parent . As on 91 you hear the same drama on that end . Parents if you see the writing on the wall in the beginning of the season and you think your kid is the next Paul Rabil then jump ship, this is youth lacrosse , there's an [lacrosse] for every seat out there ! Don't become a cancer to the team and bash on the sidelines, throughout the season. I can't tell you how many parents I stood with on the sideline who consistently bashed a coach and player the whole season , but stood in front of the coaches with a smile like everything is okay. Or better yet the ones who bash , go directly to the coach after a game and bitched , and usually that's the parent who acts inappropriate on the sidelines and you can't blame a coach for his decision making of the kids playtime .then you have the ones who go shopping during the season trying to get recruited to another travel program for the next season while trying to mantain his current situation without a glitch , only to be exposed by the coaches they approached , causing a bad reputation to follow .
All for the Glory of youth Ncaa lacrosse .
Take a deep breath , people you need to relax and take your son fishing .

Express didnt "need" the player to beat 91. They have beat 91 the last 2 times they played them on their own. The higher ups asked that the kid play on that team for that tournament. And yes the parents should be pissed. But that is typical Express. It is what it is and anyone who knows Express knows this is how they do things.
What a Joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It just gives the appearance that they brought in someone to make sure they won. Someone who apparently had no intention of leaving Icon. Have faith in the kids that gave you a pretty good summer season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said!
Coming from Anonymous I would say your theory is not credible, but yes wolves beat 91 before , maybe just relying on an outside talent a bit to much , causing them to lose in championship. Parents being pissed on the wolves is nothing new as most likely this statement is coming from a disgruntled Wolve parent . As on 91 you hear the same drama on that end . Parents if you see the writing on the wall in the beginning of the season and you think your kid is the next Paul Rabil then jump ship, this is youth lacrosse , there's an [lacrosse] for every seat out there ! Don't become a cancer to the team and bash on the sidelines, throughout the season. I can't tell you how many parents I stood with on the sideline who consistently bashed a coach and player the whole season , but stood in front of the coaches with a smile like everything is okay. Or better yet the ones who bash , go directly to the coach after a game and bitched , and usually that's the parent who acts inappropriate on the sidelines and you can't blame a coach for his decision making of the kids playtime .then you have the ones who go shopping during the season trying to get recruited to another travel program for the next season while trying to mantain his current situation without a glitch , only to be exposed by the coaches they approached , causing a bad reputation to follow .

What a Joke

What a Joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good point and food for thought. Next time you get a phone call or email to "help out" remember how it affects others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very well put together point that is !

Especially the ones who are never happy .

Well said!

What a Joke

What a Joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays on the Barracudas and they had new players show up during the season. We won't be back next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays on Wolves and will be trying out for Barracudas

My son plays on the Barracudas and they had new players show up during the season. We won't be back next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It gets worse as they get older on Express. New kids showing up all year. The coaches aren't safe either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's the same tryout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm all ears

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to say the express really seems like it's losing it's luster as a program.
Not one dominate team, people complaining all the time.
Directors getting rid of coaches so they can coach.
Directors can't relate to kids anymore, it's time for fresh blood there.
They threaten the parents with how they are the only ones
Who can get them into showcases now. Big downward spiral with that program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Express as an organization seems to be struggling to both attract players and also keep them. Too much turmoil, unhappiness, finger pointing, etc. Secondly, other than the 2020 team they really do not compete with the top A teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That may all be true but if you have any aspirations of at playing at either Chaminade or St. Anthony's playing for Express gives you a huge advantage and people know that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont think so. Last year their entire 2021 B team walked and half of their A. The result ? 3 2021 teams this year. AS long as people feel they are an inroad to the Catholic schools they will thrive
I agree. Express as an organization seems to be struggling to both attract players and also keep them. Too much turmoil, unhappiness, finger pointing, etc. Secondly, other than the 2020 team they really do not compete with the top A teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to say? and you are? Absolutely Love the predictable club bashing attempts every year before tryouts from either parents who's kid struggled with getting the attention for more playtime , or by other travel organization members who feel the need this is the way you destroy a reputation of another club ,and maybe little johns parents will see this post and finally come play for a real team ! lol you can bet that every single travel club listed on this site has the same exact issues , your not exposing anything that most people already know . it just shows you are green and have little knowledge of the travel circuit ups and downs . Good luck with your perfect little world you live in. and happy club hunting .

I have to say the express really seems like it's losing it's luster as a program.
Not one dominate team, people complaining all the time.
Directors getting rid of coaches so they can coach.
Directors can't relate to kids anymore, it's time for fresh blood there.
They threaten the parents with how they are the only ones
Who can get them into showcases now. Big downward spiral with that program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But is that actually just how people feel or is it true. What are the percentage of players that actually come out of Express for those two schools as opposed to the ones that don't. Also, how many of those kids would have made those teams REGARDLESS of where they played travel, it is only perception. A player worthy of playing High School LAX at that level would have made the team regardless of where they played youth travel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you are the only one here, in all of these posts, who has referred to this team as a "real team." Must be a coach.
None of this has anything to do with master minding behind the scenes to try and have any effect on a tryout, or a clubs reputation. This is what this site is all about. It is human nature, season is over, people talk and this is the site to do it on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The 2021 91 parents are an absolute embarrassment. I cannot believe the language and the way they scream at everyone's kids on the field. Bunch of low-life's. Where are the classless ones from anyway?
My older son was recruited this past year. His coach told us that the second thing the college coaches asked ( after what his grades were) was, what are the parents like? [/quote

We played 91 in pool play and the parents were fine. No more or less obnoxious then an other teams parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually its " what is the kid like" then "how big are teh parents"
[quote=Anonymous]The 2021 91 parents are an absolute embarrassment. I cannot believe the language and the way they scream at everyone's kids on the field. Bunch of low-life's. Where are the classless ones from anyway?
My older son was recruited this past year. His coach told us that the second thing the college coaches asked ( after what his grades were) was, what are the parents like? [/quote

We played 91 in pool play and the parents were fine. No more or less obnoxious then an other teams parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express tryouts August 25 and 27 .. are they off their rockers? week before Labor Day? I guess you really have to want to play for express to make those tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express tryouts August 25 and 27 .. are they off their rockers? week before Labor Day? I guess you really have to want to play for express to make those tryouts.

Express going early to try to snag down payment before other teams. I think that kids should have more time to commit to a team. Let them tryout for a few teams and see what teams they make, and then decide who to go with. These travel organizations are nothing less than bullies!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typically they were always after most teams. I guess, and why not, get a jump on the talent before they commmit to someone else. Heck, Team LI has theirs a week from Saturday...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly; great idea to have them during the week. Travel takes enough of our weekends away from us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be a giant free agency tryout(s)(Pro Day) and all of the teams should come down. Players can fill out a questionnaire and check off what teams they would be interested in hearing from.

Parents can visit all of the team tents and the directors can meet the parents as well.

Then they should have all of the players #s up on a website and pull them off as they commit.Teams could reach out to the remaining ones and sell them on their A or B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be a giant free agency tryout(s)(Pro Day) and all of the teams should come down. Players can fill out a questionnaire and check off what teams they would be interested in hearing from.

Parents can visit all of the team tents and the directors can meet the parents as well.

Then they should have all of the players #s up on a website and pull them off as they commit.Teams could reach out to the remaining ones and sell them on their A or B team.

Great idea!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there goes our end of summer vacation! NOT!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team LI 2021 lost to DalerNation and a couple of friends this weekend at the Lax4BackPax. Guess that answers where they are in the ranks at this age. Great game and the DN was man down to start the overtime and ended up killing it amd getting the wn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team LI 2021 lost to DalerNation and a couple of friends this weekend at the Lax4BackPax. Guess that answers where they are in the ranks at this age. Great game and the DN was man down to start the overtime and ended up killing it amd getting the wn.

Love the Couple of Friends comment- is that like Bob Weir and friends

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about Team LI, can't really compete at any level, will always be 2nd string. You get what you pay for! They need new leadership if they want to go forward, otherwise they fade fast!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about Team LI, can't really compete at any level, will always be 2nd string. You get what you pay for! They need new leadership if they want to go forward, otherwise they fade fast!
Call me an old timer but two years ago my son played in this event but it wasn't a championship tournament, we played for fun, shame it's become a tournament that folks need to brag about. Seems low class to me, thought it was a charity and a good teaching opportunity for the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was TLI u11 red. That is their B team. U11 white which is there A team was not there. I know this because my son plays for HDD and one of their players played with us. Dalernation had zero shot of beating the u11 white team. Despite what some of the idiots here have to say they are one of the better 2021 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was TLI u11 red. That is their B team. U11 white which is there A team was not there. I know this because my son plays for HDD and one of their players played with us. Dalernation had zero shot of beating the u11 white team. Despite what some of the idiots here have to say they are one of the better 2021 teams.

You are correct. That was not the TLI 2021 A team. Huge difference between the 2 teams. We played them both. The A team is very good. They were not at the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking a step away from which teams are better than which, how advanced of schemes do folks think 6th graders can and should learn?

I know fundamentals are still the key and coach players, not plays, but still curious about:

- Is this the age to add a 2nd or 3rd offensive set?
- Add 2nd EMO set?
- Install both adjacent and crease slide packages?
- Teach kids to slide and recover to hole and open man, like in college, or double the ball and just bump back to original offensive player guarded?
- How complex of clears?

Or just keep things simple and focus on kids operating better within a single scheme (i.e, moving the ball faster, more off-ball movement, emphasizing dodge-pass-pass-redodge/shot, anticipating 2nd and 3rd slides)? Either way, I think fundamentals are still most important, but any practice time spent teaching a new offensive set or slide package is time away from 4v4 or shooting drills.

For most of the country this past Summer (so not MD or LI AA team), I'd say you had a solid 2021 team if they could pass, catch and shoot with both hands, clear through for dodgers, run one offense well, had one ride down, had 2-3 EMO plays out of a single set, had a pass-first mentality and knew how to play on- and off-ball D in either a crease or adjacent slide package. Better teams, obviously, had better off-ball movement, passed before slide could get to them and picked well (most non-hotbed picking at U11, I thought, gained little).

Thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a life. They're 11 years old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, for only $2500 a year, parents just expect a guy with floppy hat to roll the ball out . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a life. They're 11 years old.
a

really? a coach asking a community of lax people what types of offense and defense are appropriate for 6th grade lax would be a perfect discussion on a youth lax forum. Way better than which teams are better etc.

my sons 6th grade team had 3 plays. a motion set they ran most of the time, an endline play, a dodge the shorty from out top. 2 EMO plays i think. defense was all slide from crease. the coach kept it simple since it was a summer team only and all kids were playing for town teams in spring

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone tell me a little about Icon? A few kids I know want to tryout for the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kind of new to the travel game, looking for a good travel team. Hoping not to travel too far for it. Any help would be great, located in Port Jefferson. Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which is icons A team, blue or orange? Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Iconned u

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which is icons A team, blue or orange? Thanks

Orange

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Cold Spring Varsity coach is with Outlaws on Silver Team. Not on web site , Is this true?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News Flash ..... Cold Spring Harbors Varsity coaches son plays for the Outlaws.... Yes he helps

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw on another thread on this site that the team's are pretty much picked. Perhaps ICON will need 2-3 New players. Can't always believe what others say......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw on another thread on this site that the team's are pretty much picked. Perhaps ICON will need 2-3 New players. Can't always believe what others say......

Good A teams for 2021,2020, and older will obviously have the majority of their teams in place. However, most will look to upgrade 3,4 or 5 spots if they can.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How is millon 2021 ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not good at all. Mid to lower level C team.
Originally Posted by Laxman5
How is millon 2021 ?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Are they even close to being a "B" team ? Maybe a few new kids for this year will help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not even close. I saw low level "B" teams beat them by a lot.
Are they even close to being a "B" team ? Maybe a few new kids for this year will help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are some scores of games. Lost to PAL Baybort 6-2, Lost to Express C team 5-4, Lost to Wantah Tribe 13-8, Lost to 91 2022 C team Combined with 91 2021 C team 11-2, Lost to Turf Island 12-6, Lost to another 2022 team but can't remember the name or score. Beat 91 2022 C team 7-1. These are all C or lower level B teams.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I didn't think 91 had a c team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids that don't make a 2022 and 2021 team play as the 2021 stampede team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This will help you with 91 teams. They have a C team and combine them for 2021/2022. Since they play 2021 they are terrible. I don't know why a parent would place a kid on this team when there are so many good B teams looking for players. See the link.http://boys.team91lacrosse.com/2014-tournaments.html

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Name a few good "B" teams that didn't have tryouts yet that are looking for players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Viper

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$, Legacy "B", Jesters "A" and Icon "B" are all B teams that are all good for a B team and much better then 91 C team. Igloo "B" will be a B team although they think they will be an "A" team. I say this because all the good players will be locked up by the time Igloo picks a team. Just about any B team will be better then 91 C team. Also some of the new teams look interesting. These teams include the Hurricanes, Empire, Blue Sharks and Bengals. If a kid is a B level player a parent should not be looking for the best B team. He/she should be looking for a team that practices a lot and will play close games with any B team. Coaching is of course Important. Having said that the best B coaches from the above teams would be Icon B,fl$, Jesters (they have a D1 coach with the director)and Igloo. I don't know about the other teams coaches so I will leave them out. As for practice time the Jesters and Igloo will practce the most out of these teams. But the new teams have nice packages too but not as much as Igloo or the Jesters. Jesters practiced over 50 times last year. Igloo seems to be offering about 30 to 40 practices. Where you live is important too. Good luck. Picking a team is a tough choice to have to make when you don't have all the info and are relying on what other people think is good. You ask ten poeple something and you may get ten different answers and all telling the truth.
Name a few good "B" teams that didn't have tryouts yet that are looking for players

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many that already had tryouts could still be looking for players. Sometimes clubs don't get enough kids committing
My suggestion is to email the director of any club you are interested and tell them you missed the tryout but are interested in playing. Many times they will have you come to a practice and evaluate your son. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im new at this LI Express 2018 ? Has two teams 1 and 2 which I guess mean the A team and B team why don't they just say so

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On another thought fl$ does not practice enough and is too expensive for a "B' team. Jesters are very expensive for a B team. B teams should not be on the higher end of the price list.
fl$, Legacy "B", Jesters "A" and Icon "B" are all B teams that are all good for a B team and much better then 91 C team. Igloo "B" will be a B team although they think they will be an "A" team. I say this because all the good players will be locked up by the time Igloo picks a team. Just about any B team will be better then 91 C team. Also some of the new teams look interesting. These teams include the Hurricanes, Empire, Blue Sharks and Bengals. If a kid is a B level player a parent should not be looking for the best B team. He/she should be looking for a team that practices a lot and will play close games with any B team. Coaching is of course Important. Having said that the best B coaches from the above teams would be Icon B,fl$, Jesters (they have a D1 coach with the director)and Igloo. I don't know about the other teams coaches so I will leave them out. As for practice time the Jesters and Igloo will practce the most out of these teams. But the new teams have nice packages too but not as much as Igloo or the Jesters. Jesters practiced over 50 times last year. Igloo seems to be offering about 30 to 40 practices. Where you live is important too. Good luck. Picking a team is a tough choice to have to make when you don't have all the info and are relying on what other people think is good. You ask ten poeple something and you may get ten different answers and all telling the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Tomahawks...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This will help you with 91 teams. They have a C team and combine them for 2021/2022. Since they play 2021 they are terrible. I don't know why a parent would place a kid on this team when there are so many good B teams looking for players. See the link.http://boys.team91lacrosse.com/2014-tournaments.html

By son was on this team and he learned a lot from the coaches. Had plenty more practices than normal and made good friends. My goal is to have my kid enjoy the game and learn from top coaches. Also, keep in mind most of these kids were 2022 so they were playing up in every tournament which pushed them to play better. If you are looking for a team that wins tournaments so you can brag to your friends, this is not the team for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxman5 where are you from,What posision is your son and what level is he? We can give you a lot better info for teams in your area if we know more.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Lake Ronkonkoma area . Plays D-fense and midfield. Solid B team player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Solid B player where you are located should have a good shot at making Legacy A or B team. Legacy A has a lot of B players. They are a B plus team. The B team is a very good B team too. I would also look at Empire. They are a new program. I am told (but I am not sure if it is true) that these people have great college conections. I think practice will be at Stony Brook but you have to find out. 91 is out of Melville. B players would not make the Heat Team but would make White. 91 and legacy try outs are at the same time so you will have to pick one. I would not travel too far. 6 pm weekday practice in the middle of the island away from a highway is rough. A lot of the B teams that have been mentioned may be too far from you. Good luck.
Lake Ronkonkoma area . Plays D-fense and midfield. Solid B team player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island bengals. All coached by varsity lacrosse coaches

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thanks for input.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Where do you think he has better shot , legacy or 91 ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do you think he has better shot , legacy or 91 ?

Legacy given it's merging with HDD probably no spots guaranteed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to say without knowing or seeing the player. The Legacy/HDD merger should not matter because the HDD were not great but I'm sure they have some players who may be favored. The Legacy A team is B plus team and he may have a shot at that team. Legacy B and 91 White are close in talent level. 91 White should have more openings. I don't like going to a B team when a program has an A team. You are better off with a program with one B team. I will say this go to all tryouts for any program that has more than one. My son plays on an A team and one of his teamates went to only one of the 91 2021 tryouts last year and he did not make the C team but made two A teams and was the leading scorer on the team he picked. Makes one wonder what they were thinking there. Maybe he did not get enough touches and they missed him. One team to watch is Empire. Empire director was the SWR coach for 19 years and has many connections. I'm sure he know ALL the top schools coaches. If Empire had practices closer to my house I would consider going there. That team may be very good faster than you may think. Good to be an original player and get them to like your kid. Tough choices so good luck.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So the way I see it. Legacy has 1 A team and 1 B team ? And 91 has 1 AA team 1 A team and 1 B team ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy has one A minus/B plus team and a solid B team. Total two teams. 91 has an A B and C team. Total 3 teams.
So the way I see it. Legacy has 1 A team and 1 B team ? And 91 has 1 AA team 1 A team and 1 B team ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know anything about the U12 Team Long Island team? I heard that a fair amount of kids may be leaving for greener pastures.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Green grass and high tides for ever

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are light years away from being a B team. I don't think they won a game all season. What's worse is they say they don't care. Any talented players on that team last year that do care will probably be playing elsewhere this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are light years away from being a B team. I don't think they won a game all season. What's worse is they say they don't care. Any talented players on that team last year that do care will probably be playing elsewhere this year.

How about their A team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Bengals are Plainedge and Bellmore/Merrick schools - really VARSITY! That's almost laughable to quote Varsity coaches!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters are a joke with their fee. It's probably because Nissim still hasn't paid his coaches from last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Tomahawks...

Paying 1500 for a B team is a joke. Panetta is laughing all the way to the bank

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So does that mean that Coach Danowski was the Worst coach ever b/c he was at Hofstra? Now all of a sudden he is the greatest Coach at Duke??? No.. does not matter where you coach or what school. It matters who the players are. Dont penalize someone for where they coach. They y coach whoever shows up. Whatever school they coach at does not make them a good or bad coach. Either you can coach or you cant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forgot danowski was also a daddy coach .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that there is a free workout/tryout for a team on the south shore at 3000 bellmore avenue tomorrow at 5:45 pm. A friend with their son on the team said they are looking for 2 or 3 more players to round out their roster and wanted to spread the word organically through word of mouth. If you're interested just show up its a b+/a- from what I can tell. Coaches seem like they know what they're doing and focus on the kids which is great plus for free why not go. Thought I'd share.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, this kid is supposedly the next John Grant Jr.

http://laxallstars.com/11-year-old-next-john-grant-jr/

He may be, but these videos don't show anything I don't see every week by someone on my kid's team or the team he is playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok please tell me this was a joke. I'm not picking on an 11 yr old, but come on......the next john grant? I see better plays on my PAL team. Forget about the travel team my son plays on. This kids' mom and dad need to tone it down a little. We can all put videos of our kids hits or goals on you tube. Stop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Long Island bengals have their 2021 tryout next weekend. Seems like a nice up and coming program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW!!! Marketing a 11 year old!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? Why would you post that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn't there a tryout for 2022 boys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW!!! Marketing a 11 year old!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see the parents posting it, but Lacrosse All Stars? They lost a lot of credibility in my book.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Icon 2021 try out is a disaster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Free tryouts for a 2019 team Sunday September 21st B+ team. If your son wants to play or doesn't make another team we may have spots give 516-882-3436 and ask for Andrew for more information. Currently have 3-4 spots open but they are going fast looks like 2 more accepted invitations today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you posting from the tryout tool?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why??? Please tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I took my son to Icon tonight. It seemed to run smooth. Maybe I missed something?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids? They have 2 good teams. Maybe A team is set already?
I took my son to Icon tonight. It seemed to run smooth. Maybe I missed something?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Icon 2021 2nd year of the program. Had to be 100 kid
at tryout so many good players they can have 3 teams in the age group. Don't hate they new guys it's just a great legit product.
Good Luck to all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't be further from the truth in the 2021 division. They're gonna come out with two solid teams in that age group. A lot of talent there tonight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a top team. They had a good time for tryouts. Did not conflict with other top teams. Should be interesting becuase with that many kids there should be a bunch of changes on the A team this year if they want to compete with 91 and Igloo. This team has a history of limited changes to the A team. Maybe this year will be different but team seems set. I wish them well. The B team is good for a B team as well. If a kid makes the A team it is a good place to be.
Icon 2021 2nd year of the program. Had to be 100 kid
at tryout so many good players they can have 3 teams in the age group. Don't hate they new guys it's just a great legit product.
Good Luck to all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think a top or solid player will take the icon B team. All of teams on Icon's level who had tryouts so far and in past years had 100 to 150 kids at try outs and those teams never have great B teams with the exception of the Cudas but those kids were found and put on the team after try outs. The good kids that are put on Icon B will just reject it and go back to the team they played on the year before or find another team. Should be interesting if the A team has many changes given the talent that people say was there.

Couldn't be further from the truth in the 2021 division. They're gonna come out with two solid teams in that age group. A lot of talent there tonight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word has it Cudas team took all the best kids from tryouts and gave the Wolves their Scraps from last year . Very interesting !

I don't think a top or solid player will take the icon B team. All of teams on Icon's level who had tryouts so far and in past years had 100 to 150 kids at try outs and those teams never have great B teams with the exception of the Cudas but those kids were found and put on the team after try outs. The good kids that are put on Icon B will just reject it and go back to the team they played on the year before or find another team. Should be interesting if the A team has many changes given the talent that people say was there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of kids at Icon 2021, a lot of talent. Don't know how much they could see, from that try out format. Plus, many of the kids had duplicate #'s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I brought my son down last minute. Local tryout and reasonable price. You could tell who their A team players were and that says a lot about their coaching. I liked how those boys were in the mix with everyone else. They didn't have their team out there and rotate spots to tryout. All were in the mix.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A "B" team coached by PM is better than most A teams have to offer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice and up and coming program. Are you kidding. Where are they getting players from, the hot bed of lacrosse Bellmore/Merrick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PM just got head coach Adelphi Girls program. Do you really think he's coaching a boys 2021 'B" summer travel team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i heard there were not many kids who came to jesters tryouts 2021 over the weekend. is that true? and if its true, is there a reason why this happened? thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PM is coaching the 2021 "B" team. There was so much talent that this will be a strong B team. College lax ends in May. He has the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PM just got head coach Adelphi Girls program. Do you really think he's coaching a boys 2021 'B" summer travel team.

Of course he is it's his program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PM is def coaching the 2021 team. Who are you to assume he is not? And anyone who would not take a spot on PM's (B) team well, that is their loss. PM is not there for only championships he is there to teach the game of Lacrosse. It is the lesson that ICON is there to teach the kids and unfortunately have to teach the parents too. This is 6th Grade lacrosse crazy people. I usually don't read the garbage on this site because you guys are nothing but parents trying to live through your children and think that 6th grade boys lacrosse is the end all be all. Get a life man! Wish you would man up and post your name on here so we could see who knows what PM is doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i heard there were not many kids who came to jesters tryouts 2021 over the weekend. is that true? and if its true, is there a reason why this happened? thank you.

A lot of them were at Icon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So sick of the same loser parents trashing all the clubs on here. We know who you are, the parent who hops your kid club to club year after year because your son doesn't start or isn't the superstar of the team. The parent who calls, texts, emails the coaches trying to get an edge. Grow up and let your kids play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has there Been a deal that the Jesters kids are joining Icon?? I know a bunch are going to the Tomahawks. Jesters had a good team last year. Why would they want to split up in diferent directions? If they want to leave the Jesters for what ever the reasons are they should all go to one place. That team should stay together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has there Been a deal that the Jesters kids are joining Icon?? I know a bunch are going to the Tomahawks. Jesters had a good team last year. Why would they want to split up in diferent directions? If they want to leave the Jesters for what ever the reasons are they should all go to one place. That team should stay together.
[quote=Anonymous]i heard there were not many kids who came to jesters tryouts 2021 over the weekend. is that true? and if its true, is there a reason why this happened? thank you.

Players at all ages except 2018 are leaving the Jesters.
The 2023 coach just left the group also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me put the jealous and uninformed parents to rest. As an Icon Parent I can honestly tell you Icon only wants to train the kids to play better and love the game. Pat McCabe John Deto enough said !
No other organization represents themselves with such class and experience as Icon. Start the debate in 3.2,1,
Igloo and the rest of the pat themselves on the back 6 grade champion crowd can watch as icon kids develope with smiles on their faces.
Have a great summer 2015 we will!
P. S . All icon kids get equal playing time not win at all costs like others. You know who you are. Karma my friends

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crazy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is not on Icon but on another "A" team for 2021. Icon Does it for $1300. We should all hope they succeed and grow faster than Igloo at $3500. If my son ever changes teams he will tryout for Icon for the reasons this parent states and the price. At 1300 you can argue it is about the kids at 3500 it is all about the money. Good luck to Icon I hope they grow big and strong and keep the prices down when they are on top!
Let me put the jealous and uninformed parents to rest. As an Icon Parent I can honestly tell you Icon only wants to train the kids to play better and love the game. Pat McCabe John Deto enough said !
No other organization represents themselves with such class and experience as Icon. Start the debate in 3.2,1,
Igloo and the rest of the pat themselves on the back 6 grade champion crowd can watch as icon kids develope with smiles on their faces.
P. S . All icon kids get equal playing time not win at all costs like others. You know who you are. Karma my friends

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is not on Icon but on another "A" team for 2021. Icon Does it for $1300. We should all hope they succeed and grow faster than Igloo at $3500. If my son ever changes teams he will tryout for Icon for the reasons this parent states and the price. At 1300 you can argue it is about the kids at 3500 it is all about the money. Good luck to Icon I hope they grow big and strong and keep the prices down when they are on top!

I'm not sure equal playing time is the answer to a good program. Why shouldn't the kids who work hard and improve be able to earn more playing time. Why in a close game would you not want best players on the field ? One goal game , you want your team to put someone in because "it's their turn" vs they give team beat opportunity to win? These kids are going soon to JR HS where there are tryouts , cuts and no one cares if the parents complain about playing time. I would be an advocate for "fair" playing time. Equal, sounds like a non competitive approach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not sure equal playing time is the answer to a good program. Why shouldn't the kids who work hard and improve be able to earn more playing time. Why in a close game would you not want best players on the field ? One goal game , you want your team to put someone in because "it's their turn" vs they give team beat opportunity to win? These kids are going soon to JR HS where there are tryouts , cuts and no one cares if the parents complain about playing time. I would be an advocate for "fair" playing time. Equal, sounds like a non competitive approach.

You sound like someone who has never seen a middle school lacrosse game. The land of 5 quarters and an a team and b team format. Cuts not to be competitive but merely to keep the # of players manageable. Many times the size of the team is limited only by the number of Jerseys.
School ball is FAR less competitive than travel. Dont make it sound like you need to prepare the kids for the cold hard world because school will keep the kids who just decided that he wants to try a new sport and he will get equal time in some cases to your junior Rabil.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]i heard there were not many kids who came to jesters tryouts 2021 over the weekend. is that true? and if its true, is there a reason why this happened? thank you.

Players from every organization are leaving at every team!! That is how this works. Kids from the best and worst teams will always try and put themselves in a better personal position. This is why there is 40 travel teams and not 2!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound like someone who has never seen a middle school lacrosse game. The land of 5 quarters and an a team and b team format. Cuts not to be competitive but merely to keep the # of players manageable. Many times the size of the team is limited only by the number of Jerseys.
School ball is FAR less competitive than travel. Dont make it sound like you need to prepare the kids for the cold hard world because school will keep the kids who just decided that he wants to try a new sport and he will get equal time in some cases to your junior Rabil.

Sounds like you do not live in a town that plays in the competitive JR HS league. Because the one with Massapequa, Wantagh, GC, Manhasset etc... was!! If they do not have enough jerseys and the games are as you describe you should opt out, complain or move! Does not change the fact that travel sports is not equal time. Why would anyone try and work hard to train and improve if you just wait your turn to get in a game?

This is the problem with parents today. Your kid should be handed something instead of working and actually earning it. That is a selling point for a team!!

Pathetic!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you do not live in a town that plays in the competitive JR HS league. Because the one with Massapequa, Wantagh, GC, Manhasset etc... was!! If they do not have enough jerseys and the games are as you describe you should opt out, complain or move! Does not change the fact that travel sports is not equal time. Why would anyone try and work hard to train and improve if you just wait your turn to get in a game?

This is the problem with parents today. Your kid should be handed something instead of working and actually earning it. That is a selling point for a team!!

Pathetic!!

They last few posters obviously missed the point of the email which is fine this is obviously not the program for you, also fine. There's enough programs out there to meets the goals and expectations you have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Players from every organization are leaving at every team!! That is how this works. Kids from the best and worst teams will always try and put themselves in a better personal position. This is why there is 40 travel teams and not 2!

Not like they are leaving this train wreck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because in school you dont pay what ends up being 5 grand. What the heck are you paying for ? Thats why directors lie, people sign on then get pissed. If the Directer said , "hey, your kids barely goig to play" that person wouldnt sign up.

Pathetic!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not like they are leaving this train wreck.

Do you have a personal experience here? My son is a 2018 and been here since 5th grade. Can't say enough positive things about experience. No longer even try out for other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 2021 teams are going to Dicks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Long Island bengals have their first round of tryouts this weekend. Seems like a great place to go if you have no team yet. Run by educators and varsity coaches. I know a few kids trying out and they are not from the Bellmore Merrick area. Seems this organization is trying to do it the right way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what level team is the bengals? a, b, something else? where do they have their practices?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not varsity coaches. They quit on the HS team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JR HS stinks. That person had it correct. If your team goes undefeated means nothing. If they don't win a game means nothing. No playoffs. Varsity is the only HS school sports that you play for conference champs,county champs,LI champs,
then state champs. Get a clue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what 2021 teams are headed to Columbus Day Invitational in EI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not sure who is going but I would assume that a schedule should come out by the end of the week. Is this a new tournament? At least it will not be freezing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a website for this tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kidding me right ? It's about 10 hours north of long island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kidding me right ? It's about 10 hours north of long island.

Last time I checked East Islip was about 30 minutes away from me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isnt EI=East Islip? Was unaware it was moved to Canada.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was part of the new common core geography

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Canada is Beautiful. EI, not so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey jack off, i believe it is in Ellison Park, which is in Rochester. Not EI for east islip). Eh !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stupid long islanders think that [lacrosse] little island is the center of the universe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stupid long islanders think that [lacrosse] little island is the center of the universe.

Not the whole universe, just the lacrosse universe!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey jack off, i believe it is in Ellison Park, which is in Rochester. Not EI for east islip). Eh !

I believe that you are right and we should meet you in Canada, you first. Lol = Lots of love.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's the Columbus Day invitational in east Islip!
Not Rochester, not Canada! Good ole Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know where to find a schedule for this tourney?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haven't seen 1 thing about this tourney in east islip. Is it a secret ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haven't seen 1 thing about this tourney in east islip. Is it a secret ?

Its the Columbus Day Invitational - the operative word there is Invitational

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey "AA" teams, how did that work out for ya?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Legacy, Thanks for a good day of lacrosse. Not a Legacy parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top teams aside, how many teams have mixed grade teams (e.g., 5th and 6th grade)? Are there just too many teams? Can these teams play in Graduation Year Based Tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the second Igloo 2021 team do today in NJ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the NJ teams were very weak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

of course you did, from who?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo parent. 7-0 in half a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo parent. 7-0 in half a game.

That's a little inflated...but that's no surprise

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right was actually 6-0. Other team did not have one shot on goal...haters gonna hate!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's very early and the team is still coming together

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the 2019 Long Island Express North team for playing so well and winning the last two tournaments they entered. Our coaches have created a wonderful environment of team play that the kids are really enjoying.

My son is really looking forward to the next tournament and practices!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the 2019 Long Island Express North team for playing so well and winning the last two tournaments they entered. Our coaches have created a wonderful environment of team play that the kids are really enjoying.

What were they playing 2021 kids or are you on the wrong page?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are teams this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow a positive post

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I apologize, I was congratulating the 2021 team. he kids had a great time and each games was very competitive and the outcome could have gone either way.

Again, thanks to our fantastic coaches who in only a few weeks have these boys playing like a team, not a group of kids on the field together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2021 Long Island Express North team (and maybe all of their teams) will be playing in a tournament on Long Island next weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2021 Long Island Express North team (and maybe all of their teams) will be playing in a tournament on Long Island next weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ 2021 went 3-0 at Yale today. The team has practiced since Halloween Havoc and will be a force this year. Beware!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ 2021 went 3-0 at Yale today. The team has practiced since Halloween Havoc and will be a force this year. Beware!

Who'd they play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smash....enough said

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ 2021 beat Smash?

Smash....enough said

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ 2021 beat Smash?

Smash....enough said

No, fl$ did not play Smash today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope 2021 fl$ can Succeed. I think it is a great program. I am still wondering why many of the good players from last year left and did not try out this year. Those kids all went to and are on some strong teams like Legacy Blue Knights, Express Wolves, Express Cudas, 91 Orange, Outlaws Black, Saits (Wildkatz) and Igloo. Does anyone know what happened to make these kids leave without even going back for a try out?

fl$ 2021 beat Smash?

Smash....enough said

No, fl$ did not play Smash today.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard