BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think Outlaws Black 2021 deserves a mention. Team looks more competitive than last year and has gone toe-to-toe with the named teams and held their own if not winning. Alot of talent. Wonder if they will stay together.
They are very good team but are a notch under Igloo, 91, Wolverines, and Icon. Probably fall somewhere between the top 5-8 teams on LI at this age. It will be hard to get better, the top studs at the other programs are not leaving so unless somebody explodes at puberty or moves here they are more likely to pick up the top teams 5th attackmen or 7th middy

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes- a notch under. But not by much. 1-2 players could make a difference. From what I see they have upgraded every year and are knocking in the door. If they hold what they have and upgrade in a few spots (midfield and G)- they will start to surprise some of these teams. Tryouts- especially theirs being early, should be interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is getting some of 91 kids And is heavily going after other teams kids. See how tryouts [lacrosse]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have 3 older kids, I can go through a list of kid that where the top dogs in 6th grade, and now they are average at best, some will always be the best, believe me if you think all the best kids are already on the top teams, you are crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely correct. Some will bloom late and some recede. As for the talented player not getting enough reps, they will generally find the right situation in a stanle team that changes a bit each year with a sane and stable head coach. That is how teams like the Outlaws (or other teams) go from 5th best to one of the top teams in late grades. Stability and good coaching.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are saying kids are going to leave 91, who is spitting out D1 players, To go play for a team that enters in B bracket tournaments, please take a selfie when your face is turning blue, no one can hold there breath for that long.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have been drinking too much 91 Cool-Aid. Spitting out D1 players? You really think? Anyone with any skill would be far better off getting to a team where they actually get to play. Yes- their best 5-6 guys get noticed- beyond that the guys are just filler- they play while the others get a quick drink.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to put Outlaws in any region of a top team, I do know they lost pretty good to the Garden City 2021 town team in the fl$ tourney and I really don't think they can compete with the Igloo, Icon or 91 teams in the 2021 bracket. They are at best a top B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to put Outlaws in any region of a top team, I do know they lost pretty good to the Garden City 2021 town team in the fl$ tourney and I really don't think they can compete with the Igloo, Icon or 91 teams in the 2021 bracket. They are at best a top B team.

Yes lost to Gc 7-4 in fl$ but Outlaws beat fl$ pretty good in the next game. And fl$ beat GC 9-3 two weeks later twice in the same tourney.
They are 12, you get inconsistency.

Top teams are more consistent.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be great if someone would start up a Spring/Summer league so all the LI teams could play and settle this debates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They absolutely can compete with them. And GC "town" team is anything but. I have followed these guys for a while now and am impressed with how they compete without having stars in the team. I think the team concept will eventually ecclipse the star centered teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top 2 kids from GC and their goalie play Icon and they are very good but there is no way GC or any top town team can compete with the top club teams. I'm sure if Outlaws and GC played 10 times they may split or GC may even get the better of them. I think Outlaws played Icon at the JDRF and it was alot to alittle and knowing who the Icon coach's are there is no way they would run up the score. So are the Outlaws and good club team I guess yes but there is no way they can be considered up there with the better ones. Put it this way I don't think Igloo Icon and 91 will be knocking on the doors of the Outlaw players to come and play with them while I would think the Outlaws would open the doors to get some of their players. Sorry but they just are not there, I'm sure great kids and beat some of the out of town travel teams but not the top ones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They absolutely can compete with them. And GC "town" team is anything but. I have followed these guys for a while now and am impressed with how they compete without having stars in the team. I think the team concept will eventually ecclipse the star centered teams.
WHen was the last time the WOlverines, 91, Igloo, Icon lost to a town team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When was the last time igloo lost?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. The Outlaws 2021 team has managed to stay together for years and are now only one or two players away at one or two positions from competing. Keeping these kids together and developing them as a team over the years with very few changes each year has worked well for them and is a credit to the team and club. I wish more teams would get better the way they did with developing kids over the years with very few changes each year. I wish them luck.

Yes- a notch under. But not by much. 1-2 players could make a difference. From what I see they have upgraded every year and are knocking in the door. If they hold what they have and upgrade in a few spots (midfield and G)- they will start to surprise some of these teams. Tryouts- especially theirs being early, should be interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the year the top four will make more changes than ever before. Last year Igloo was so much better than everyone else. Although they lost one time they destroyed that team later on last year. They also beat every other team a lot to a little. This year although undefeated won many games by only one goal. They beat Icon only 4-3 at the end of the season. They can't be happy with that and many are sure they will be looking to upgrade to try and pull back ahead. Other AA teams especially out of state teams have caught up to them. As for Icon many think they are number two now. They added a bunch of kids this year that pushed them from number 5 to 2. They want to keep improving and maybe challenge Igloo for number one next year. They are a great team but need to make changes like they did last year to keep up and improve. 91 and Express both dropped from last year and did not look as good as they once did. They both lost more games this year and had close games with teams they would have crushed last year. Word is they are looking for some defense and depth at other positions. Express and 91 were saved too many times by great goaltending. For the first time in the 2021 year the AA teams can't afford to not make changes. From what is being said it appears they know they must improve by roster changes. It will be very interesting to see what happens this tryout season. Rankings are sure to change next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. The Outlaws 2021 team has managed to stay together for years and are now only one or two players away at one or two positions from competing. Keeping these kids together and developing them as a team over the years with very few changes each year has worked well for them and is a credit to the team and club. I wish more teams would get better the way they did with developing kids over the years with very few changes each year. I wish them luck.

Didnt they lose to Heat by 10 last tournament ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do all our LI teams need to travel out of state to end up playing most of the time, another LI team? We need to create a LI league which lasts from June to August. Best record wins like in any other athletic sport. So if year after year if team "X" continues to have the best winning record and win the Championship game, then they should be crowned the best.
Let these other teams from other states come visit us. It's time to unite on some front instead of chest pounding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
because you could do that with one year. The 2020 year has 3 teams and the rest are not very good at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't leave Greene Turtle out of the top 10.

Cyclones are a Charlotte team - and there are a lot of Charlotte teams. Fun to see a non-hotbed team compete at the highest level.

2021 seems like a very good year for competition. Hope it doesn't get ruined by a bunch of holdbacks dropping down when school ends next Spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again Icon is a very good team but both there goalies played extremely well vs Igloo at young gunz the goalie in the 2nd half had 5 point blank saves. would have loved to seen the stat on shots against. Let's put it this way Icon made there shots Igloo did not. Not taking anything away from Icon they are a great team . Good Luck to ALL in up and coming try-outs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is getting some of 91 kids And is heavily going after other teams kids. See how tryouts [lacrosse]

legacy needs to get their stuff together in this grade level. Lots of division and animosity. Think twice before taking this path. Egos, parent coaches and different agendas equals unproductive teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok Icon parent!!Icon lost to express this yr.get your facts straight and did not win any tournaments. SO how r they second because they lost to igloo by one, igloo had a bad game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most would disagree with you. Legacy 2021 has a great 2021 program. They just tied the Green Turtle in VT. Some think the turtles are a top ten team. They have played all the A teams and beat them or played a close game. They even did well against some AA team. They practice a lot and great coaching. They are probably the best option for kids to play for who can't make the top 4 teams who are AA or who play for a AA team and want more playing time.

legacy needs to get their stuff together in this grade level. Lots of division and animosity. Think twice before taking this path. Egos, parent coaches and different agendas equals unproductive teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Legacy can add a few decent defensemen they will be a AA team.

Most would disagree with you. Legacy 2021 has a great 2021 program. They just tied the Green Turtle in VT. Some think the turtles are a top ten team. They have played all the A teams and beat them or played a close game. They even did well against some AA team. They practice a lot and great coaching. They are probably the best option for kids to play for who can't make the top 4 teams who are AA or who play for a AA team and want more playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did legacy have express kids on team in VT?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fantastic inaugural season for the 2021 Express North team. The kids had a lot of fun and improved their overall play at each tournament. The success was the cherry on top. Thank you coaches for your dedication, my son thoroughly enjoyed every practice and has never been pushed so hard to reach his full potential. Looking forward to fall lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Legacy can add a few decent defensemen they will be a AA team.

Just defensemen? I think they need a lot more. What strong positions do they have?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love it, since the program specific threads have been removed, evryone is either campaigning or bashing on the age specific threads. tryout season is upon us

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love it, since the program specific threads have been removed, evryone is either campaigning or bashing on the age specific threads. tryout season is upon us

And the landscape can all change in the next few weeks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok Icon parent!!Icon lost to express this yr.get your facts straight and did not win any tournaments. SO how r they second because they lost to igloo by one, igloo had a bad game.

Yeah at the beginning of the year and what did express do after that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok Icon parent!!Icon lost to express this yr.get your facts straight and did not win any tournaments. SO how r they second because they lost to igloo by one, igloo had a bad game.[/quote]

Glad you asked. In their last 4 tournaments this year they won 2 of them beating Laxachusettes black in the finals of one and Patriot by 10 goals in the other. In the other 2 they lost one in the finals to 91 and they lost in the final 20 seconds to Laxachusettes black up in Mass. Basically they beat everyone they played except 91 and lax black ( who they also beat twice). They have some extremely good players and will be one of the dominant teams next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express got weaker when Summer started and Icon got stronger. By the end of the season one can argue that Express was not AA anymore and dropped down to A. I'm sure spots will be open for next season.

quote=Anonymous]

Yeah at the beginning of the year and what did express do after that [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it 91 "spitting out" D1 Players OR they are just athletes...You people never cease to amaze me...GET YOUR HEAD STRAIGHT AND WAKE UP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't Care what year Jesters...Junk team and organization...Jesters, what has been said many times before...you are a joke stay away from the competition you are screwing up the brackets...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EXPRESS 2021...LMFAO! Got to lose one more coach and maybe they can rebuild with the big guy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express won 3 tournaments this summer including the last one they played where they dominated Patriot by 10 goals in the finals. Not sure Icon won anything? Also Express beat Icon in a final by several goals and Express was a much much better team by the end of the season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know about that. Express was thumped by every good team. I wouldn't call Laxachussetts a good team. Not one to hang your hat on at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express was 2-2 against laxachucetts getting beat in one game 8-3 give or take a goal. They beat laxachusets by one goal. They lost to igloo 14-4. Express is not in the top three. That is for igloo , icon and 91 in that order. Not sure who is 4 and 5 between express and TLI. I would guess express would beat TLI because tli had some bad games. Express got worse as the season went on. Even Igloo B played them close. I'm sure express will be looking for players at every position. High turnover means they are not AA.

te=Anonymous]I don't know about that. Express was thumped by every good team. I wouldn't call Laxachussetts a good team. Not one to hang your hat on at all. [/quote]

Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard