BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 54 55
Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
BOTC is opening our Fall 2014 through Summer 2015 thread covering the Boys 2020 age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
question: My son is a very good player on his town team. I am considering having him try out for travel this fall. I like the 91 teams, of course being on Crush is his ultimate (I don't even know if they have tryouts), but I would be happy with Titanium or Express Terps. These seem to be the best, also possibly Legacy. What are the chances of a new kid making a team like Crush or Terps? Is it possible? Even Titanium and Legacy seem like they may be difficult even with a decent tryout. Any feedback would be appreciated

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
question: My son is a very good player on his town team. I am considering having him try out for travel this fall. I like the 91 teams, of course being on Crush is his ultimate (I don't even know if they have tryouts), but I would be happy with Titanium or Express Terps. These seem to be the best, also possibly Legacy. What are the chances of a new kid making a team like Crush or Terps? Is it possible? Even Titanium and Legacy seem like they may be difficult even with a decent tryout. Any feedback would be appreciated

What town are you from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless spallina invited you zero shot for crush. Prob the same goes for channy and terps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In all fairness if he has not been approached already he has no spot on these teams. If he is only entering club ball for the first time, pick another team. He has had no exposure or experience at the club level. Let him settle in. If he is as good as you think he will be approached and get invited by the mentioned teams. Otherwise he will be valued and grow within another organization. Its win win for all.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy would be the best bet.
What town are you from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town are you from?

3V

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town are you from?

3V

3V 2020 plays together all summer. That would be a bold move to break away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town are you from?

3V

Titanium just lost to town team in Stony Brook, and you are on a very good town team. Why would you spend a couple thousand dollars to be on a team that isn't much better than your Ward Melville team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Titanium is a very strong team and if he shows well could be placed. Once he tries out and you find out what team he makes, ask around about the coach, playing time, practices etc. travel is a big commitment and you want to make sure you get a good first taste, because without doing your research, you can end up on a team or in a club that is not a good fit. He probably has friends that play travel- they may be able to help recommend a team or club. GL to your son.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is looking to upgrade a bunch of positions this year. Many titanium kids coming to tryout for legacy. I would e mail legacy directly. I was in a similar situation last year and Zummo was very receptive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the comments. I know 3V is a great program, I just worry going into the recruiting years that they may not be competitive enough. Seems like the way the recruiting is done is changing. The good travel teams get much more high level exposure. I see that the kids committing this year 2017 grad year are pretty much all on travel teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless spallina invited you zero shot for crush. Prob the same goes for channy and terps.

Not 100% sure you are right on the Terps piece.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is looking to upgrade a bunch of positions this year. Many titanium kids coming to tryout for legacy. I would e mail legacy directly. I was in a similar situation last year and Zummo was very receptive.

So Legacy was great this year, but they want to change a "bunch" of players.
How do you know "many" Titanium kids are trying out for Legacy?
And in the Legacy/DD merger discussion, a dad says Zummo told him they have received so many calls from kids looking to come to them.
If you actually are a dad from the team, I guess you feel your kid has a secure spot and none of the players in this wave of kids that are supposedly coming to tryout will take his spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Titanium kids ARE NOT trying out for Legacy, unless they are the team scrubs. It would be taking a step backwards!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All teams will be rotating players this Fall. It happens EVERY SINGLE SEASON! If Titanium loses players to Legacy, they will just reload at tryouts. My suggestion to all families is go to multiple tryouts and make a determination of where you are getting the most bang for the buck. Obviously there are organizations that charge more than 2000+ per summer, and I would say the majority charge between 1000 - 2000. If you watch the tryouts carefully, you can easily figure out where your son would fit on the depth chart.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Titanium kids ARE NOT trying out for Legacy, unless they are the team scrubs. It would be taking a step backwards!

Titanium just lost to a town team. If you were so great, how did that happen?
Stop talking like you are the Crush. And if you lose the big attackman to G.C., you will certainly drop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When trying out for teams this fall- ask below
Bottom line is - Did your son improve as year progressed.
Did team improve as season progressed
Did team over achieve or under achieve compared to talent level.
That is what makes good coaching.
If you answer no to above find another team.
If your son is buried on depth chart on crush he is not improving.
Take it from experience- My older son play for a premier team but did not become a lacrosse player until he played for b+ team and became the player to get the ball too.
Best thing that happen was switching teams.
Funny thing is now they want him back( after cutting him) but he wants nothing to do with his old team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When trying out for teams this fall- ask below
Bottom line is - Did your son improve as year progressed.
Did team improve as season progressed
Did team over achieve or under achieve compared to talent level.
That is what makes good coaching.
If you answer no to above find another team.
If your son is buried on depth chart on crush he is not improving.
Take it from experience- My older son play for a premier team but did not become a lacrosse player until he played for b+ team and became the player to get the ball too.
Best thing that happen was switching teams.
Funny thing is now they want him back( after cutting him) but he wants nothing to do with his old team

What do you do if your kid is not the go to kid on B, ...Then what am I paying for..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If he is getting more playing time on b-team- bite the bullet forget about status symbol and have him play for b-team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I SAW THE TITANIUM "BIG ATTACKMAN" NOT IMPRESSE, SLOW AND CANT MOVE, THE OTHER QUCIK ATHLETIC ATTACKMAN SHOWED MORE TALENT.

Titanium just lost to a town team. If you were so great, how did that happen?
Stop talking like you are the Crush. And if you lose the big attackman to G.C., you will certainly drop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will see....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stop talking about kids directly. or tell us who your kid is so we can all discuss him since you are OK with people talking about 11 year olds on a website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town are you from?

3V

Rotanz is starting a travel group. Maybe go to that tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps 2020 have and will add skilled players to improve their roster. If your son is very good, have him try out for this and other programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps 2020 have and will add skilled players to improve their roster. If your son is very good, have him try out for this and other programs.

Who are they getting rid of? Or are they going to try to beat 33 roster ed players on the other express team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The idiotic remarks don't benefit anybody. Most teams experience a level of attrition from one season to the next. My point was, don't assume a spot is not available on any team. Have your son try out for multiple teams. If he's that good, some program will make room. There's not a lot of downside, outside of the tryout fees.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are they getting rid of? Or are they going to try to beat 33 roster ed players on the other express team

Your kid....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stop talking about kids directly. or tell us who your kid is so we can all discuss him since you are OK with people talking about 11 year olds on a website.

Agree 100%.....too much of this nonsense on this site. Really gross to think of an adult anonymously bullying a 6th grader. Get a life!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cannot believe my eyes when I read parents calling 11/12 year olds "scrubs" and talking about specific kids at their positions. Maybe that's why Titanium kids want to leave - Obviously not much team bonding over there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking '91 and Express out of the conversation. Let's just assume they are the 2 best 2020 teams on the Island and leave that conversation to another topic (PLEASE!!!). Who do people rate #3 - #12 in this age group? Because I have no idea.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking '91 and Express out of the conversation. Let's just assume they are the 2 best 2020 teams on the Island and leave that conversation to another topic (PLEASE!!!). Who do people rate #3 - #12 in this age group? Because I have no idea.

Legacy, 91 Titanium, and True Blue are the next 3. Don't think they have all played head to head but all 3 are A to A- teams. After them we are dipping into the B division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so you are saying that your depth chart for 2020 would be

1-Crush
2-Express
3,4,5 (not in order) Legacy, 91 Titanium, True Blue

I would like other perspectives of the top 10 if anyone wants to jump in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Crush
2-Express

I agree with those 5, and that there is a pretty big drop to the next team or teams.
6-10 would include Express B, Outlaws A, Vipers, Jesters and maybe fl$ or Tomahawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say:

3)Legacy
4)Titanium
5)True Blue

Legacy went 2 and 1 against titanium. Very close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought 3V did not allow their boys to play club? Did that rule change?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Crush
2-Express

Are you actually serious about this? LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, I would like to have my son tryout for 2 or 3 teams and it would be helpful

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought 3V did not allow their boys to play club? Did that rule change?

No, you must make a choice, can't do both.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is not true. Their rules recently changed and have agreed to allow them to do both.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AT HS level, they allow. Before that , they do not allow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is not true. Their rules recently changed and have agreed to allow them to do both.

Some towns with strong high school programs start to put more pressure on kids to play with the town team in 7th grade. They bring the high school coach to help influence decisions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Crush
2-Express

Give it a try. This will take up 5 pages of responses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Crush
2-Express

If your son is that good, these are the clubs he should try out for- Express, 91, Legacy and True Blue. Pick 2 or 3 try outs and have fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Crush
2-Express

If your son is that good, these are the clubs he should try out for- Express, 91, Legacy and True Blue. Pick 2 or 3 try outs and have fun.

For this grade yes. It would be close to impossible to get on the Crush or Terps. I'm sure Legacy A, True Blue A and Titanium will look to add capable players. It sounds like Legacy and Titanium have mostly Suffolk players and TB has mostly Nassau players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Crush
2-Express

Or if you want to get on a solid 2020 B team there are the Outlaws, jesters, Vipers or Tomahawks. There also is a pretty good team out east called E3, if you out near the Hamptons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you should check your facts. It's my understanding that the rules recently changed to allow them to play out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Crush
2-Express

So

Or if you want to get on a solid 2020 B team there are the Outlaws, jesters, Vipers or Tomahawks. There also is a pretty good team out east called E3, if you out near the Hamptons.

If they are all B , there are only 5 A teams on LI?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Crush
2-Express

So

Yes- I would say there are really 5 TRUE A teams that can compete with one another. I think the first two are true AA teams and can take most AA, A teams from out of state as well. We are talking about 1 grade. I think to say we have 5 strong A is pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Crush
2-Express

So

Considering that most of the other teams enter B brackets, they answer that question themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, I think:
Crush: best in country
Terps: very competitive with top teams
All the other tip teams off LI
The rest (Legacy, titanium, etc) you need to play top competition like looneys, crabs. Then you can claim A status. We don't want to hear how you beat jesters and Outlaws

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, I think:
Crush: best in country
Terps: very competitive with top teams
All the other tip teams off LI
The rest (Legacy, titanium, etc) you need to play top competition like looneys, crabs. Then you can claim A status. We don't want to hear how you beat jesters and Outlaws

It was stated at the start that those 2 teams are obviously above the next group of teams on LI right now. No one is debating that. So those 2 teams are A, the next 3 teams are B and the rest are C or D. Does that make you feel better?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you might be able to consider titanium and legacy a teams. They just need to stop hiding. Especially legacy. Ignorance is not bliss in lax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ entered A bracket in all four tournaments they played beating the Tomahawk purple (A) team to win Crimson Classic in Boston and finishing 3rd in MD 3D tournament behind Crush and Looney's who they lost to in a tight game. Other than Crush, and Terps only other team I thought better than them on LI was Legacy due to F/O player. By transitive property probably Titanium as we'll but who knows...season is over and all the decks are being reshuffled anyway... See you next year...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ entered A bracket in all four tournaments they played beating the Tomahawk purple (A) team to win Crimson Classic in Boston and finishing 3rd in MD 3D tournament behind Crush and Looney's who they lost to in a tight game. Other than Crush, and Terps only other team I thought better than them on LI was Legacy due to F/O player. By transitive property probably Titanium as we'll but who knows...season is over and all the decks are being reshuffled anyway... See you next year...

You lost to the Jesters who obviously are a B team in your own tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Oh yea. And that tournament. Jesters were not bad team but certainly need to add that to resume when placing team with elite teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True. They played very poorly that morning. Agreed. A one goal loss to Patriot was another poor outing...

So on the season their losses were to Crush, looney's, Patriot, Legacy, and, um Jesters... 19-5 (no B brackets).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Oh yea. And that tournament. Jesters were not bad team but certainly need to add that to resume when placing team with elite teams.

How many kids were on that team? It looked like there were around 15 players on their sideline during the game when we played them. That's a lot of kids to give playing time to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24--equal rotation for all the lines, though shift duration sometimes varied due to circumstance of the game--no set m/u or m/d till the last two tournaments either. All kids learned which was positive--but could obviously affect results--18-24 not equal or even close to 1-6... Positive experience though a few less kids and a few more numbers would enhanced...kids were happy though so who is Dad to complain...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24--equal rotation for all the lines, though shift duration sometimes varied due to circumstance of the game--no set m/u or m/d till the last two tournaments either. All kids learned which was positive--but could obviously affect results--18-24 not equal or even close to 1-6... Positive experience though a few less kids and a few more numbers would enhanced...kids were happy though so who is Dad to complain...

Sounds like you feel your kid is in the 1-6 group.
Given how short these tournament games are, having that many kids on a team has to be rough. That's a lot of kids and parents to keep happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a great read, yes. At this stage both me and my son were content with it though. For the most part, nice kids and parents. Having been through this grind 9th grade is where org 1st and then team matters depending on what the realistic goals/aspirations/opportunities are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Forgive me.....but do you mean there were a max of 6 quality players on the team and that everyone else was not equal or close? Or are you saying there were 6 strong, 6 very weak and then everyone else? Sorry for the inquisition, but thinking of having my kid try out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you feel your kid is in the 1-6 group.
Given how short these tournament games are, having that many kids on a team has to be rough. That's a lot of kids and parents to keep happy.

20 to 24 is the deal anywhere. Come July you could use more when playing 4 games in 90 degree weather.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a great read, yes. At this stage both me and my son were content with it though. For the most part, nice kids and parents. Having been through this grind 9th grade is where org 1st and then team matters depending on what the realistic goals/aspirations/opportunities are.

With the amount of money they get per player, I think they would make enough to survive if they kept 20 or 21 on a team. What did they have 10 middies?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With the amount of money they get per player, I think they would make enough to survive if they kept 20 or 21 on a team. What did they have 10 middies?

Forget the money. Can't play with 20 in summer.

2 goalie
9 middies
LSM
Fogo
5/6 attack
5/6 defense

23 to 24 is needed when they are older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 goalie
9 middies
LSM
Fogo
5/6 attack
5/6 defense

You do not need 3 lines of middies for 44 minute running time games. Especially if you use LSMs and gave a FOGO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 goalie
9 middies
LSM
Fogo
5/6 attack
5/6 defense

You do not need 3 lines of middies for 44 minute running time games. Especially if you use LSMs and gave a FOGO.

Agree....look at some of the successful teams also. They often show up with significantly less than 24 kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 goalie
9 middies
LSM
Fogo
5/6 attack
5/6 defense

I totally disagree. We had 22 players on our 2020 A team team and with injuries played 19 or 20 players often. It was perfect. The tournament games are so short. Getting playing time for 24 or 25 kids in those running time games is crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a fl$ player I'm just curious why all the haters ? We had an up and down season but our boys had fun, grew as a team and individual players and while we may not have racked up numerous championships we played in the A brackets of every tournament we played in against the best competition available. There are issues with any team but people stay with fl$ for a reason. These are kids you are all talking about. Please don't forget it. Looking forward to tryouts. Good luck to everybody no matter what team you choose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too many nmiddies. I wouldn't pay 3 plus thousand all in for short shifts. Also assume that man up unit is first line so even less playing time.

2 goalie
9 middies
LSM
Fogo
5/6 attack
5/6 defense

I totally disagree. We had 22 players on our 2020 A team team and with injuries played 19 or 20 players often. It was perfect. The tournament games are so short. Getting playing time for 24 or 25 kids in those running time games is crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a fl$ player I'm just curious why all the haters ? We had an up and down season but our boys had fun, grew as a team and individual players and while we may not have racked up numerous championships we played in the A brackets of every tournament we played in against the best competition available. There are issues with any team but people stay with fl$ for a reason. These are kids you are all talking about. Please don't forget it. Looking forward to tryouts. Good luck to everybody no matter what team you choose.

The conversation was about how many players are on a team. No one said anything negative about any kids. I am glad that fl$ works for you. However, I would bet most parents feel that 24 or 25 players on a team is too many to get ample playing time for everyone. In addition, the parents of the better kids on the team would be especially unhappy with that many.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The conversation was about how many players are on a team. No one said anything negative about any kids. I am glad that fl$ works for you. However, I would bet most parents feel that 24 or 25 players on a team is too many to get ample playing time for everyone. In addition, the parents of the better kids on the team would be especially unhappy with that many.

That's why everyone is lucky the parents don't get to make roster sizes or decisions. 18 to 20 and you are in big trouble when you have 3 games on 95 degree day in July. Or if someone gets hurt. I good coach will figure out how to balance playing time and win games. Especially as they get older and you have specialist. Fogo, LSM etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally agree being the parent of the post who enjoyed our 2020 fl$ season. 12 middies and a roster of 24 is a concern of all those that played last year. We al hope that issue will be addressed. The pros definitely outweighed the cons and look forward to another season of growth on a team with a great group of kids. Hope to make it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's why everyone is lucky the parents don't get to make roster sizes or decisions. 18 to 20 and you are in big trouble when you have 3 games on 95 degree day in July. Or if someone gets hurt. I good coach will figure out how to balance playing time and win
games. Especially as they get older and you have specialist. Fogo, LSM etc

5 attack
7 middies(1 of them could also play some attack)
1 LSM
1 FOGO
5 defense
2 goalies
_________
You don't need more than the above.
The Crush plays with around 18 and 10 of them play 3 quarters of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush could play with 13 because that's all they play anyway

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is adding a 2020 team. Do people anticipate that team will be any good?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The pre tryout core is last years Express B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A bunch of kids from Express B are going there. That team was not strong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Am I the only one who thinks Crush for as good as they are should break up where the better players get on 2019 teams. HS is coming close and many may and should get selectively classified for their districts JV teams this year. Let your tax $$ work for you now since most of the core will go private for HS.

Please do not POO POO the idea because you say why should a district train a player who may not play at that HS. Remember HS sports and specifically selection classification is for the particular student athlete (elite exceptional) making sure they are playing at the right level. Selection classification isn't to make a team better or a fill a roster spot but to ensure a student athlete is growing within the sport.

I am not saying this as a dig to the players just the opposite. Would any of the Crush players not only make 91 2019 orange but start? I only say this because JS has set the bar high with coaching and who can they go to where they feel they will be challenged grow and learn?

You are the best 2020 by a large margin, spread your wings challenge yourselves and let the rest of us battle it out for 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 crush will not be same team 2-3 years from now if they want to compete it happens to all good young teams they will be luckily to have 5 kids form the original team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will play a large majority of 2019 this coming year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw a bunch of fl$, 91 & express helmets at the clinic a few weeks ago. Lots of talent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Am I the only one who thinks Crush for as good as they are should break up where the better players get on 2019 teams. HS is coming close and many may and should get selectively classified for their districts JV teams this year. Let your tax $$ work for you now since most of the core will go private for HS.

Please do not POO POO the idea because you say why should a district train a player who may not play at that HS. Remember HS sports and specifically selection classification is for the particular student athlete (elite exceptional) making sure they are playing at the right level. Selection classification isn't to make a team better or a fill a roster spot but to ensure a student athlete is growing within the sport.

I am not saying this as a dig to the players just the opposite. Would any of the Crush players not only make 91 2019 orange but start? I only say this because JS has set the bar high with coaching and who can they go to where they feel they will be challenged grow and learn?

You are the best 2020 by a large margin, spread your wings challenge yourselves and let the rest of us battle it out for 2020.

I dont see any real advantage to that as recruiting goes by age. Also most school districts do not bring kids up to JV at all. They go straight to varsity as 8th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dont see any real advantage to that as recruiting goes by age. Also most school districts do not bring kids up to JV at all. They go straight to varsity as 8th graders.

Seriously! Recruiting goes by age. Thought it was grade and if you can get to the recruiters before others in your grade i call that a leg up. Besides that, You see no advantage to the boys who could play 2019 to play 2019? Its called challenging the athletes. If you could play and start on a 2019 team that goes to top tournaments the recruiters will know. You dont think they want to see these kids playing up. Of course the do. They love it more than a holdback.

The topic of jv selective classification isnt meant to bring a 7th grader to varsity nor an 8th grader. it is however there to help exceptional student athletes bypass modified and go to a level commiserative to their talent level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some 91 Titanium kids as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I anticipate the 2020 igloo team will be very good, not Crush or Terps good but very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard they will be real good. Will have to wait and see. Rumors

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How in the world would anyone know how good they will be.
A few kids from the B teams of Express and 91 will not make them "real good".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Igloo is adding a 2020 team. Do people anticipate that team will be any good?

Heard from who? Team is not even picked yet. Unless they are picking up some kids from Crush or Terps they will not be a strong A team. Keep dreaming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I anticipate the 2020 igloo team will be very good, not Crush or Terps good but very good.

You obviously have an interest in trying to get some good players to come tryout with that silly pontification.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
R u saying someone on botc likes to hear themself speak? this is real news here, not op/ed stuff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, they will be like legacy, B+. A good place to start!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, they will be like legacy, B+. A good place to start!

Wonder where all the good kids who don't make the team they want end up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't confuse the '20 igloo free play session participants with who is actually trying out for Igloo... there are plenty of good players to go around but likely whoever winds up on that team might be good developing players but very few if any true current A players...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't confuse us with people who give a [****] what you have to say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uh, ok then. This is a forum for thoughts and opinions, no? I guess you care enough to read and respond though...I'm guessing you are a slight framed, little, angry man...we certainly know your angry about something, no confusion there...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 igloo will be very good, no doubt. Stick with your B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you please elaborate on "Very Good".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you please elaborate on "Very Good".

Will they be taking the 2020 player(s) that were on the 2021 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With tryouts so late, who will still be sitting around without a team? If you're a quality player, do you wait for Igloo? And if you don't make Igloo, what are your options? All the good teams will be full

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo = express B plus a few fills in. Doesn't matter if the team is "good" they will be receiving good training and coaching and each indvidual will improve.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With tryouts so late, who will still be sitting around without a team? If you're a quality player, do you wait for Igloo? And if you don't make Igloo, what are your options? All the good teams will be full

Hearing lots of interest. Most "A" teams have their rosters set even before tryouts. Maybe they add 1 or 2 players. Really good players don't even get a look. Opportunity to get in and be the main focus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
morning ladies and gentlemen bumping this page up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want to know how 91 let there top players on titanium leave and combine with legacy. Why would they let that happen? That team is now going to be up there with Terps and a tight game with crush. If this is true great job zummo. Way to get legacy on the map and hurt 91 at the same time. Can someone please confirm this one way or the other. My son plays for express wish I would of known this was coming he is really not happy there but I knew it was the best for him. Welcome the feedback.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want to know how 91 let there top players on titanium leave and combine with legacy. Why would they let that happen? That team is now going to be up there with Terps and a tight game with crush. If this is true great job zummo. Way to get legacy on the map and hurt 91 at the same time. Can someone please confirm this one way or the other. My son plays for express wish I would of known this was coming he is really not happy there but I knew it was the best for him. Welcome the feedback.

91 has nothing to do about it.. If kids/families want to leave an organization they are free to do so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush will still beat every local 2020 team by
A minimum of 10 to 15 plus goals on any given day in any given tournament . The Terps are clearly the next best team in 2020, and the games with crush have been at times competitive(within 5 goals) and at other times not so much. No doubt in the coming summer travel season Crush will still be head and shoulders above the rest in 2020 with Terps number 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so it is true? damn i wish i knew earlier would of liked to be a part of that!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so it is true? damn i wish i knew earlier would of liked to be a part of that!!!

How is the wolverines, I mean 2020 igloo team looking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is the wolverines, I mean 2020 igloo team looking?

Horrible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, Legacy getting Titanium top players. Will be a good team!
I would call Zummo if you are truly interested he left open a few spots. Hoping some kids may want to join!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Up there with Terps? Tight game with Crush? please Stop! It is Legacy and 91 B team that was Crush B team. Express and Crush both destroyed Legacy last year and if I remember correctly Crush beat Legacy 2019 by close to double digits.
Terps are 7plus better and Crush 10 plus probably cloer to 15. Tom should recruit from A teams instead of B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard some truth to the rumor, except it is lower level players from former 91 White team leaving Titanium. Seems a daddy coach is trying to move them. But still no team posted for Legacy, so we will see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would call Zummo if you are truly interested he left open a few spots. Hoping some kids may want to join!

New kids will wreck havoc with the original team members. I expect infighting will lead to downfall when little Johnny doesn't start. Sad part is legacy 2020 was a solid team and did not need an infusion of more b level players. Should be interesting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard face off, goalie and about 4 others

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope those kids are from Smithtown or they are really wasting their time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope those kids are from Smithtown or they are really wasting their time.

Legacy Taz was very good last year. are these players truly making the team or just displacing kids due to politics?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the 2020 hdd team? Where did those kids go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Legacy Taz so good how comes they didn't win Shamrock last year and let some team from PA beat them 8-1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keeping the kids together and going out on thier own. Wise choice. Legacy would just make them a c team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New kids will wreck havoc with the original team members. I expect infighting will lead to downfall when little Johnny doesn't start. Sad part is legacy 2020 was a solid team and did not need an infusion of more b level players. Should be interesting!

I feel badly for the kids on Titanium. They are always called the B level players. Many of those kids are A level players and can compete with A teams. CRUSH is not your normal 2020 team. if they were to go off on their own, TItanium would be a solid A team, but because CRUSH is there- they lose kids that want to be on a known A team and also because they do not want to be second fiddle to another team. All understandable. However, the kids that do choose to play for Titanium are very good solid kids -definitely competitive with other A teams. I am not a Titanium parent- so no bashing... just an observation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy and Titanium were the number 3 and 4 team at age last year. Getting the best from both teams will make them much stronger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keeping the kids together and going out on thier own. Wise choice. Legacy would just make them a c team.

Does anyone know if they are looking for players? how do you find them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy and Titanium were the number 3 and 4 team at age last year. Getting the best from both teams will make them much stronger.

Anyone who knows the groups being thrown together here knows they will be a talented group. How will they get all these kids on the field? Lot of $$ to play little minutes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will combining Legacy and Titanium make them stronger? Only time will tell as there are many things that could go wrong like the kids not liking each other so they don't play well together or the strengths of each team overlapping so the combination does nothing but frustrate some talented kids. It is also possible they become a much deeper, stronger team but with tournament games usually being so short and running time, not too much depth is needed so may not be a pronounced advantage. All that said, as a famous commentator once said, this is why you play the games. Let's at least let the kids play a game before we decide how any changes in the offseason have affected the teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who knows sports knows that NO MATTER how much [lacrosse] you kiss or who you know IT DOESNT MATTER we are getting into the true years now. This is the time when BOYS become MEN!!! and i dont care what anybody says SIZE DOES MATTER!!! you will start to see kids fall by the waist side now. kids are starting to go through puberty now. And there is no denying that size plays a major role. THE ONLY PARENTS WHO SAY SIZE DOESNT MATTER ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE SMALL KIDS!! check all the college rosters and you will see for yourself the stats are overwhelming..DONT BE AN [lacrosse] KISSER IN THE END IT WILL NOT MATTER!!!AND YOU ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son made the Outlaws Black but wasn't impressed with the talent at the tryout so he decided to stay with his current team. Does anyone know if that team, which I thought was a decent B team last year, lost players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel badly for the kids on Titanium. They are always called the B level players. Many of those kids are A level players and can compete with A teams. CRUSH is not your normal 2020 team. if they were to go off on their own, TItanium would be a solid A team, but because CRUSH is there- they lose kids that want to be on a known A team and also because they do not want to be second fiddle to another team. All understandable. However, the kids that do choose to play for Titanium are very good solid kids -definitely competitive with other A teams. I am not a Titanium parent- so no bashing... just an observation.

Feel bad for titanium?!? how about 91 white 2019 who constantly got over shadowed by 2020 crush. That 2020 crush group is a good team. In the next few years there could be some ebbs and flows. Like when they played the men of Laxachuesetts. Lets see how the maturation years effect them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone who knows the groups being thrown together here knows they will be a talented group. How will they get all these kids on the field? Lot of $$ to play little minutes.

Some will be favored due to their connections with the organization. I susspect some of the newbies will not be satisfied not being a starter. If the started with 91 and sit the bench on legacy while less talented kids stay in due to politics, dont see it going over well. Will be interesting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Email legacy website

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Feel bad for titanium?!? how about 91 white 2019 who constantly got over shadowed by 2020 crush. That 2020 crush group is a good team. In the next few years there could be some ebbs and flows. Like when they played the men of Laxachuesetts. Lets see how the maturation years effect them.

I think Crush will end up playing more in their own division when on the road in states that tend to have older kids on their team. I think someone was saying that the 2019 Crabs have 7 hold backs this year. Playing up against kids that are in full blown puberty could be a safety factor. I think they are a talented team, but it would be a bad move to play up and have your players injured. The 2020 teams should be more competitive this year- some kids started puberty and some have just blossomed skill wise. I think the next two year will be fun to watch the 2020 boys as a whole.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who knows sports knows that NO MATTER how much [lacrosse] you kiss or who you know IT DOESNT MATTER we are getting into the true years now. This is the time when BOYS become MEN!!! and i dont care what anybody says SIZE DOES MATTER!!! you will start to see kids fall by the waist side now. kids are starting to go through puberty now. And there is no denying that size plays a major role. THE ONLY PARENTS WHO SAY SIZE DOESNT MATTER ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE SMALL KIDS!! check all the college rosters and you will see for yourself the stats are overwhelming..DONT BE AN [lacrosse] KISSER IN THE END IT WILL NOT MATTER!!!AND YOU ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

My son is on the taller side, but I have to disagree. There are some very tough small kids that run circles around some of their taller counterparts. Checking the rosters, although the majority hover near 6 foot, there are plenty of shorter kids who excel. Some of these small kids are muscular powerhouses with insane skill!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's accurate. All very good players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son made the Outlaws Black but wasn't impressed with the talent at the tryout so he decided to stay with his current team. Does anyone know if that team, which I thought was a decent B team last year, lost players?

I think They got Rid of some weak kids and added better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are 12. You are contradicting yourself there are not many small players unless you are a Fogo. Don't kid yourself. 6 foot at least!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are 12. You are contradicting yourself there are not many small players unless you are a Fogo. Don't kid yourself. 6 foot at least!!!

Don't know about that. Most of the early commits are well under 6 foot. Height is more important for defense. Many of the best attackmen are around 5 8" . Stick handling/dodging skills, speed, are paramount. The majority of boys reach their adult height by 16, then they fill out. Will the schools decommit these kids if they don't grow? Ludacris!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they wont decommit those kids they just will never see the field...im sorry you have a small kid and take offense to the truth. you can get away being small and shifty when you are young. try that playing attack when puberty hits you will be looking out your ear hole. SIZE DOES MATTER.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rob pannell? jordan wolf? case maethis? matt kavanaugh? kevin rice?

should I keep going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rob panell, will manny, mikey powell????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think They got Rid of some weak kids and added better.

My son's team picked up their leading scorer from last year so I'd say they may have gotten rid of some weak kids but they lost at least some quality kids as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they wont decommit those kids they just will never see the field...im sorry you have a small kid and take offense to the truth. you can get away being small and shifty when you are young. try that playing attack when puberty hits you will be looking out your ear hole. SIZE DOES MATTER.

Stupidity at its best! You should check facts before flapping your mouth hole! Plenty of standout college players under 5 10"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok you are up to 8 with the thousands that play....and you are talking about the all americans(special players). the stats dont lie look up average size..im sorry you have a small kid if you are doing this for college GET A GRIP...SIZE DOES MATTER!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because you have a big meat head for a kid doesn't mean that he has any guarantee either. The point is all shapes and sizes have shot if you have speed, stick skills and grades. No doubt your kid has all three and he is a starter on terps or crush.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok you are up to 8 with the thousands that play....and you are talking about the all americans(special players). the stats dont lie look up average size..im sorry you have a small kid if you are doing this for college GET A GRIP...SIZE DOES MATTER!!!

same post was talked about on 2017 last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like I said, there are plenty of great players 5 10" and under. My son is not short, he is average height, as are his parents. I'm just wondering why you would bash the shorter players. So I guess what you are saying is that any kid not projected to be 5 11" or taller should just quit lax right now, as they have no chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that what your wife told you?5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so far, the '20 thread has best avoided the gutter; lets keep it that way, no matter who you support. Keep it to lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best attackman in college lax are all under 5'10 u morons. Wolf, kavanagh, Dionne Matheis, and sankey all under 5'8".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I find it interesting that Duke's (Nat champ last 2 years) 3 of the best attackmen were under 5 9", One coming in at 5 7" (According to 2014 stats). I'm talking scoring leaders here. And, you were saying???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you were wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you were wrong.

There is movement every year. We will see starting in June how it all plays out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you were wrong.

There is movement every year. We will see starting in June how it all plays out.

Movement yes, more than half of the team no.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you were wrong.

I guess you were wrong.

I would hardly call it more than half the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the other kids went to igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you were wrong.

I guess you were wrong.

I would hardly call it more than half the team.

I would. 7 or 8 went to Legacy, a few went to Igloo and a couple defenseman went to Express B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are a current 7th grader and are still considering a Lacrosse club to play on for next season then consider the Blue Sharks. You are invited to attend our practice this Saturday to meet the coaches and play with the team and determine if there is a mutual fit. There is no fee, just email us at LITBluesharks@gmail.com to let us know to expect you.

Date: Saturday October 4th
Time: 3:30-5:00pm
Location: Stillwell Park Fields, 27 Southwoods Road Syosset, NY 11791.

If you want to learn about or mission and coaching philosophy please visit our web site:

www.leaguelineup.com/litbluesharks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If 7-8 went to legacy, how many did they cut from that supposed "great" team? Or are there now 30 B Players on that team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly your son got cut from the team. I am sorry to hear it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not exactly 30 but I am hearing 24 - 25 on that roster. Parents will not be happy especially with playing time and they will be looking for other options by spring

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly your son got cut from the team. I am sorry to hear it

NOT!! Stayed away from that train wreck HAHA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams does 91 have at this age group? I thought there were 4 - as per the try out selections, but only 3 listed under tournament page.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush, Orangemen and Stampede.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush, Orangemen and Stampede.

Titanium in a state of flux. Might not do fall ball. Mass exodus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Titanium and Cyclones combined to become Orangemen. through the rumor mill. Any truth?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Titanium and Cyclones combined to become Orangemen. through the rumor mill. Any truth?

It is true. 91 sent an email on it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Took two strong teams Cyclones and titanium formed one. Another 91 B team that will beat a Legacy so called A. Kids left titanium because they realized they will never be an A kid at 91 or Express so now there will be a bunch of B talent claiming to be "A" at Legacy. Kids that left were average at best but very delusional parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Took two strong teams Cyclones and titanium formed one. Another 91 B team that will beat a Legacy so called A. Kids left titanium because they realized they will never be an A kid at 91 or Express so now there will be a bunch of B talent claiming to be "A" at Legacy. Kids that left were average at best but very delusional parents.

Ouch!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks, I needed a good laugh today.
The Cyclones were not "strong" and by far their best player
is now on the 91A team. They will lose to Legacy by double digits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The organization takes over a 40k hit by losing a team - that must suck also

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did legacy name their team titanium or 91b

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks, I needed a good laugh today.
The Cyclones were not "strong" and by far their best player
is now on the 91A team. They will lose to Legacy by double digits.

Nice to hear they promoted from within- people say it never happens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just about time for the usual offseason nonsense of this team fell apart, that team picked up all these amazing players, blah blah blah to come to an end and start actually playing games again! I know Legacy Taz is playing Monday in their own tournament and the day after Thanksgiving in the Express tournament so we'll get a sense of how the team looks this year. I also know the Express is sending teams to the Columbus Day Legacy thing, the 91 Halloween Havoc and of course their own after Thanksgiving get together. I'm sure whoever loses this games will claim it's just fall ball, we haven't practiced much, we have new kids, kids were missing, blah blah blah. The bottom line is you show up and you play and leave the excuses out of it. Good luck to all, will be interesting to see how the fairly established pecking order of Crush, Terps, Legacy, True Blue, Titanium, Wolverines, Team LI, and NYC Express has changed from last season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just about time for the usual offseason nonsense of this team fell apart, that team picked up all these amazing players, blah blah blah to come to an end and start actually playing games again! I know Legacy Taz is playing Monday in their own tournament and the day after Thanksgiving in the Express tournament so we'll get a sense of how the team looks this year. I also know the Express is sending teams to the Columbus Day Legacy thing, the 91 Halloween Havoc and of course their own after Thanksgiving get together. I'm sure whoever loses this games will claim it's just fall ball, we haven't practiced much, we have new kids, kids were missing, blah blah blah. The bottom line is you show up and you play and leave the excuses out of it. Good luck to all, will be interesting to see how the fairly established pecking order of Crush, Terps, Legacy, True Blue, Titanium, Wolverines, Team LI, and NYC Express has changed from last season.

Well established? Didn't Titanium beat Legacy at their last meeting? And How did TB get in there? Who did they beat?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well established? Didn't Titanium beat Legacy at their last meeting? And How did TB get in there? Who did they beat?

Who cares what Titanium did? They don't exist anymore. And for that matter, why are you still talking about last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm more surprised at TLI being included. Did they actually play any LI teams last year. They have LI in their name but refuse to play here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares what Titanium did? They don't exist anymore. And for that matter, why are you still talking about last year?

Well you have to start somewhere so last year seemed like a good place to begin. By the way, True Blue beat the Wolverines at JDRF, again at the Forsberg and beat Team Long Island in the Big Time Shootout Championship game. As for Titanium or 91B, I assume they will be at the Halloween Havoc so we will find out very shortly what kind of team they have at the moment. Igloo also now has a 2020 team and I know they have some players off the Wolverines from last season so it will be interesting to see where they turn up and how they stack up with these other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

.....and fl$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well you have to start somewhere so last year seemed like a good place to begin. By the way, True Blue beat the Wolverines at JDRF, again at the Forsberg and beat Team Long Island in the Big Time Shootout Championship game. As for Titanium or 91B, I assume they will be at the Halloween Havoc so we will find out very shortly what kind of team they have at the moment. Igloo also now has a 2020 team and I know they have some players off the Wolverines from last season so it will be interesting to see where they turn up and how they stack up with these other teams.

Exactly. Whole new year with roster changes all over. Let's have this discussion in July.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
put a few other teams in there before fl$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Jesters are going to surprise a lot of people this year. Let's face it, Crush, Terps , Legacy....and then everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Jesters are going to surprise a lot of people this year. Let's face it, Crush, Terps , Legacy....and then everyone else.

They said that last year too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This should be renamed "Boys 2020, other than Crush". No other LI team is even remotely close to them. Why even have discussions of other teams until they close the gap a bit?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush Then distant second Terps Can NOT put Legacy a team that lost to B teams last year near the Terps. 5-6 goal Terp win over Legacy. Legacy lost last year to B teams and now replace their team with those B kids. YOU are not near Terps and I wont even include Crush

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did the Jesters pull kids from that are going to make them suprise some teams ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did the Jesters pull kids from that are going to make them suprise some teams ?

They had to have another round of tryouts to fill out their roster for 2020 which does not exactly portend big things for the coming year. Agree that tons of kids move around and rosters are substantially different on many teams.....so we will see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They picked up twins that just moved to the area from upstate. A midfielder and an attack man. The midfielder will be one of the top f/o kids around, and the kid on attack (lefty) is quick and can rip it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue A is very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They picked up twins that just moved to the area from upstate. A midfielder and an attack man. The midfielder will be one of the top f/o kids around, and the kid on attack (lefty) is quick and can rip it!

Believe it when we see it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we allowed to talk about other teams here?

This should be renamed "Boys 2020, other than Crush". No other LI team is even remotely close to them. Why even have discussions of other teams until they close the gap a bit?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we allowed to talk about other teams here?

Why should any of these kids even bother playing if they are not on Crush? Get off your high horse. Kids and their families leave that team voluntarily and there are others out there who are plenty good enough to be on Crush but prefer to play elsewhere because of.......wait for it......the Crush parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did legacy name their team titanium or 91b

Did your parents name you [lacrosse] or Dbag. Hahahahahaha. Go kick your dog. Adult loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You (or B Type Parent) need to get a life. What and incredible loser to be analyzing 12-13 year old boys. Get a life B boy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If 7-8 went to legacy, how many did they cut from that supposed "great" team? Or are there now 30 B Players on that team?

It's loser B boy again. Keep commenting like a little B**ch. Most of these 12-13 year olds could put you in your place no doubt. Loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enter A brackets this year and see who you "surprise".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JESTERS SUCK!! Bring it Back to reality…Stay in B, stop taking up space in the A brackets! Give that opportunity to quality teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters will be very good this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JESTERS SUCK!! Bring it Back to reality…Stay in B, stop taking up space in the A brackets! Give that opportunity to quality teams.

Wow. Very mature. What A team does your son play on?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does that mean they will start beating town teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maturity has nothing to do with it, horrible team with a crook for a leader. Does it truly matter where my son plays?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maturity has nothing to do with it, horrible team with a crook for a leader. Does it truly matter where my son plays?

What is your name, and where does your son play? Signed, Jack Mehauf.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Jesters will be a decent team in the B brackets. The 2020 coach from last year is at 91 and more than half the team scattered. The coach left because he was not getting paid when he was supposed to and got jerked around by the Jesters. This is not hear say. I heard it first hand.
Don't come on here saying they will be a good team and will surprise people. A suprise would be if your program could keep coaches and a core group of players for more than one summer.
You know it is coming to an end when you can't even get players to a free clinic. This may be a good Legacy takeover.

Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard