BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 55 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree 100 pct what spallina does and wish more clubs would do it!! If you aren't the best work harder or SIT THE BENCH and enjoy it. Should never be how much you pay. I am a crotchless wimp and have no life. Kids should not think for one minute because dad has money or mom blows someone kid should play. Work harder!!!

It's youth lacrosse. Everyone should see reasonable playing time unless it's a must win situation in a competitive game.

But even if it weren't, no real coach plays his starters only, let alone a youth coach.

Disgraceful.

No rules were broken....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's youth lacrosse. Everyone should see reasonable playing time unless it's a must win situation in a competitive game.

But even if it weren't, no real coach plays his starters only, let alone a youth coach.

Disgraceful.

No rules were broken....

Only ethical ones ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has dominance in every grade level can't imagine their strongest team declines as much as we hope that. I actually think they will also add talent and subtract others It's what happens in club lacrosse. People can hope a decline but don't bank on it. Will be interesting to gauge turnover on all the teams as players jockey to be on the top programs

Both of 91's 2016 and 2017 teams are good, not great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL
Read all the "100 percent agree with Spallina". Feel bad for this guy (the poster not Spallina).

Each one is just a little different. So funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course there will be loses in the future because you bump your kids down to play younger kids- that would only be logical! Better hope those kids can win big all the time or that makes them look silly losing or only being competitive against younger kids. I'd be a bit worried if my older kids were only able to pull out a one goal win in OT. Of course you also won't be able to play in any age guided events in the future, but you won't want to as you know what may happen then.

My son is an age compliant 2020 from a non hotbed area that played at Brine. It was impressive to watch the Long Island team win easily despite being smaller and slower than a lot of their opponents. I don't think the Long Island team was smaller and slower because of holdbacks as most of them were smaller than my 13 year old.

The reality is that teams from other areas close the gap with the Long Island teams as the boys age because the Long Island teams at the younger ages have exceptional lacrosse players but not exceptional athletes. Once the kids from the areas start playing year around the skill gap closes and size and speed takes over.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree that the gap closes totally disagree there are no athletes here.. Kids play all other sports here also don't kid yourself!!

User
User
I agree 100 pct what spallina does and wish more clubs would do it!! If you aren't the best work harder or SIT THE BENCH and enjoy it. My kid is so bad and my wife is sooo ugly that I barely keep from crying every time I pee cause I'm so small. Don't like it leave it's really that simple. Kids should not think for one minute because dad has money or mom ***** someone kid should play. Work harder!!!

Lol. Sooo ugly? Don't be so cruel to your own wife man.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs cheats by bringing 2018 kids from vlc just bc they suck to try to beat looneys and team 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big Question. Will the Loonies 2020 team stay intact?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's just won The tournament this weekend why would they break up?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
[quote=Anonymous]I agree 100 pct what spallina does and wish more clubs would do it!! If you aren't the best work harder or SIT THE BENCH and enjoy it. My kid is so bad and my wife is sooo ugly that I barely keep from crying every time I pee cause I'm so small. Don't like it leave it's really that simple. Kids should not think for one minute because dad has money or mom ***** someone kid should play. Work harder!!!

Lol. Sooo ugly? Don't be so cruel to your own wife man. [/quot

No one cares who's team is the best or where you play. It's about getting your kid better . Why would you want your son to play defense on a team that wins every face off and you see no action?. I would rather have my son play on a middle of the road team where he can work on his skills. common sense to me and please don't tell me it's all about the training they get at practice .. Every kid wants action in a game setting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only reason I would think a really good player would want to leave a great team that has been playing together for 5-6 years is if they think another club will provide better training or perhaps better opportunities in the near future to be recruited. If neither of those are an issue then it makes no sense to leave. If a kid is not seeing the field thats another story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only reason I would think a really good player would want to leave a great team that has been playing together for 5-6 years is if they think another club will provide better training or perhaps better opportunities in the near future to be recruited. If neither of those are an issue then it makes no sense to leave. If a kid is not seeing the field thats another story.

Like Crabs and FCA for recruiting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are too much....half the team has hairy legs and is over 6'. Go win age based tournaments and that would be impressive. It is freakin ridiculous...these are high school kids playing against 7th graders. Did like your cooling station with the misting fans, though. That was a pretty sweet way for a holdback (and maybe even some double holdbacks) to cool off!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody know who won the Hofstra tournament this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it was either revenge or viper. got too hot on Sunday though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Revenge won the Hofstra tournament (a pick up team with legacy A and crush kids) they beat viper in the final. Also a very close game between Outlaws Black and True Blue going right to the wire, but true blue ran away with the victory 11-9.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Paying travel teams lost to a pick up team how is that possible. Couldn't be crush kids they are at another tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were there 2 championship games please don't say there were paying travel teams in the B division

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Paying travel teams lost to a pick up team how is that possible. Couldn't be crush kids they are at another tournament

Revenge has crush kids that never see the field so revenge gives them a chance to actually play during the summer. It isn't a knock on them. They are very good players but crush only plays 13 kids. There weren't 2 championship games. Outlaws played true blue in a consolation game. The 4 teams in the playoffs were revenge vs thunder elite, and viper vs upper level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you sure? I can't see any of crush kids playing outside of crush. Crush is away at another tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you sure? I can't see any of crush kids playing outside of crush. Crush is away at another tournament

I would name names but that would be unethical. Yes, there were taz and crush kids playing for revenge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOY are you way off base...Looney's wins because they work hard..play smart...get over it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOY are you way off base...Looney's wins because they work hard..play smart...get over it.

And having holbacks, some kids on that team are 14 already, Fact!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Start winning..the haters come out!!!
Fun to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Crabs and FCA for recruiting

top recruit in the country just came from Looney's, don't have to leave for recruitment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's bring the crab looney fight to the Maryland board

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are better off playing 80% of the game on a B club than 20% on an A club.

Coaches need to see you play, they could care less about your team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches don't watch B teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do coaches watch an A team after the first few subs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. Yeah, college coaches are climbing over themselves to watch a B game. Keep dreaming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do coaches watch an A team after the first few subs?

Yes, they often stay the whole game. They don't even go to the b games. So your chances of being "noticed " will be best at a tournament where these coaches actually are. Even if you are not in long, look good while you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Start winning..the haters come out!!!
Fun to watch.

The fact that you enjoy watching cheaters get ahead doesn't make it ok buddy.

Say what you want about Crush, but at least they don't play this game. Looneys, Rising Sons, 3d, Edge Ontario, etc. all unabashadly pushing their holdbacks. It is what it is at the moment...and unfortunately US Lacrosse, tournament directors, wealthy parents, certain club teams and coaches are all conspiring to promote this unsavory practice. Just spare me the victory lap for winning tournaments against kids 1-2 years younger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's reality brother if you were a college coach do you really give a damn about a kid that was held back its not your kid..he is going to help your program and help you win which makes you more money!!!! You must have a kid that can't compete against the big boys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While you guys keep crying, our kids keep committing to college programs.

LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While you guys keep crying, our kids keep committing to college programs.

LOL.

LI kids seem to have no issues committing to colleges and doing it while playing your older boys who are playing down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that you think everyone in MD, PA and MA is an "overage" kid is laughable.

Keep making excuses, though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush are at inside lacrosse tourney. They have scored 32 goals in 2 games. Basically 5 kids with all the points so if you aren't in that 5 you are probably looking for a new club for next season. Big one tomorrow vs. Sweetlax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's reality brother if you were a college coach do you really give a damn about a kid that was held back its not your kid..he is going to help your program and help you win which makes you more money!!!! You must have a kid that can't compete against the big boys

"Big boys"? Ha!!! I submit if these big boys were so tough they'd compete against kids their own age. The fact that you rationalize it to make age appropriate kids weak and your cheater strong only shows how wrong-headed you are.9gffwk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that you think everyone in MD, PA and MA is an "overage" kid is laughable.

Keep making excuses, though.

College coaches want older kids in each grade. If they didn't, this wouldn't be a trend. Period.

Page 50 of 55 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard