BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 49 of 55 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hawks already has all of these things, including off-season skill sessions. More bang for your buck, for sure.

Same with FCA and crabs

Pretty sure that there were lots of other clubs on Long Island when 91 started up. Seems like they have done pretty well for themselves in spite of that. No reason to believe they can't repeat that success in MD.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know how well the slick LI style program will go over in MD... Can't see too many M.R Duck clad dads on the typical 91 sideline...But maybe if they can recruit some of those outskirts of Napo, Glen Burnie style 'necks it would fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I already bought a restored IROC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAHAHAHAHA. LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breakers is a very good program...what will this do to them???
Are parents in support??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have Blapunkt Benzie Box if you want to upgrade your sound. Its freaking awesome!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which of the 3D regional teams is the best? How about LB3 regionals and their National team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LB3 sucks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 2020 team is 91 holding tryouts for? Crush is invitation only (as I understand it) and their B team (Titanium) disbanded last year with many/most going to Legacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 2020 team is 91 holding tryouts for? Crush is invitation only (as I understand it) and their B team (Titanium) disbanded last year with many/most going to Legacy.

Not sure what post you're responding to, might be a reference to 91 starting up in Maryland.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what post you're responding to, might be a reference to 91 starting up in Maryland.

I think it's a good question. Will 91 create a competitive team other than Crush at the 2020 level? Titanium was a very competitive team. If Crush is only committed to it's current players, as the parents always say, why bother to try out for 91 at the 2020 level on LI?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't if your kid is any good try out for the other clubs A teams if you would like your kid in the showcase tournaments or events do not believe anybody if they tell you they will get you in the showcases.. Telling you from experience they only try to invite the best teams they are not going to take an A team and B team from the same club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush kids that never see the field should also try out for other clubs I guess than

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush kids that never see the field should also try out for other clubs I guess than

What about the Legacy and Terps kids not seeing the field? What is your advice for them? Qu it lacrosse and crawl into a hole? You will all be surprised 4 years from now who winds up where! Just sayin!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same advice for all not picking on any one team. Went through this already with my older guy and yes there will be a couple kids that come out of nowhere but I can tell you they are far and few. Kid has to be on the field to be seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Spallina did in Colorado is despicable. It's one thing to play your best when the game is tight. That game was over at halftime, and there were several kids who didn't see the field until the last minute.

There is no defense for not playing a U13 kid until the final minute of the game, let alone a kid who paid a lot of money to play out to Colorado.

Team 91 should be ashamed of themselves. Karma will bite them in the fall when several teams will have a shot to knock them off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Game was 10-6 at half far from "over" in addition after crabs cheated vs 91 in ocean city that's the Karma. This has long been discussed lets all move on They finish another year at the top

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay this is getting really old, your the one who dragging this along , does this really bother you and affect you and your kid personally ? although your opinion is exactly what it is "An opinion" we and more so YOU need to move forward , this is nothing new with his team , you just happen to actually watch it from your TV (which you most likely wish your kid was on that sideline) and notice that kids got 1 minute if that of playtime. Try watching it from a sideline and you will see this is nothing new ! Say what you want about JS , there's a reason why he coaches all the teams he does , there's a reason why he gets the most publicity out of any other coach in the country . When you are your kids coach gets to that level , maybe you can figure it out and hand out equal playtime amongst the team and still maintain top notoriety.
Not a fan of JS by any means , but I do respect that he does this for a living , its his career envy it or not , it is what it is , don't like it to bad , he's not going to change because of peoples opinions !

What Spallina did in Colorado is despicable. It's one thing to play your best when the game is tight. That game was over at halftime, and there were several kids who didn't see the field until the last minute.

There is no defense for not playing a U13 kid until the final minute of the game, let alone a kid who paid a lot of money to play out to Colorado.

Team 91 should be ashamed of themselves. Karma will bite them in the fall when several teams will have a shot to knock them off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Game was 10-6 at half far from "over" in addition after crabs cheated vs 91 in ocean city that's the Karma. This has long been discussed lets all move on They finish another year at the top

Crabs had kids who reclassed to 2020. You may not like it, but they didn't break any rules. That's not cheating.

Regardless, it shows Spallina doesn't care about the lesser kids on that team. That game was over early, and you know it. If revenge was the #1 priority to the point where kids didn't get to play, then his priorities are majority screwed up.

As for revenge, Crabs, Looney's and other clubs will beat Team 91 this fall. Bank on it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids barely playing in HS when the game is on the line? Everyone understands that.

A U13 game that was over no later than the middle of the 3rd quarter, all the parents spent a ton of money to play out to Colorado, and some didn't get in the game until the last minute? You are REALLY defending that?

You can't be serious. Not that I would ever let me kid play for him, but we will be railing about this issue for years. Disgusting behavior and lack of sportsmanship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids barely playing in HS when the game is on the line? Everyone understands that.

A U13 game that was over no later than the middle of the 3rd quarter, all the parents spent a ton of money to play out to Colorado, and some didn't get in the game until the last minute? You are REALLY defending that?

You can't be serious. Not that I would ever let me kid play for him, but we will be railing about this issue for years. Disgusting behavior and lack of sportsmanship.

He has great sunglasses though...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would stop worrying about the kids playing time on '91. They know what they signed on for and if they don't like it they'll leave--and my guess is no more than two of them, if that even do so. Their choice not yours. GO LI. Keep beatin up on the MD hold backs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course those families can (and will) leave. But it's fair game for the rest of us to out what was a classless act.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts in a month I think many teams will change including 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs had kids who reclassed to 2020. You may not like it, but they didn't break any rules. That's not cheating.

Here we go again...

Tournament RULES stated that "Placement on a grade based team (2018AA, 2019AA, 2020AA and 2021AA) is dictated by the highest grade of any player on the team."

The Crabs had actual 8th graders - who played on the 2019 team all year - playing against a 7th grade team. Now someone will say, "they are not 7th graders they are 2020s". In June of 2015, the kids graduating in 2020 are in the 7th grade (many of the kids playing in the tournament were still in school)

So yes, a rule was broken. Also, those kids were back playing with their 2019 team the next weekend. The Crabs knew what they were doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the Maryland people coming on here trying to stay relevant. Past is the past when are tryouts in Maryland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regardless, it shows Spallina doesn't care about the lesser kids on that team. That game was over early, and you know it. If revenge was the #1 priority to the point where kids didn't get to play, then his priorities are majority screwed up.

As for revenge, Crabs, Looney's and other clubs will beat Team 91 this fall. Bank on it.

Those kids have not officially reclassed until they attend classes as a 2020 - which they have not done. They were back playing with the 2019s at Young Guns. Cheating to most; poor form and lack of sportsmanship and ethics at a minimum. And sitting the true 2020 Crabs on the bench who worked for the team all year just to make room for the 2019s to play and win for them- definitely not what those kids signed up for whereas the Crush kids know what they are getting into when they sign on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree 100 pct what spallina does and wish more clubs would do it!! If you aren't the best work harder or SIT THE BENCH and enjoy it. My kid is so bad and my wife is sooo ugly that I barely keep from crying every time I pee cause I'm so small. Don't like it leave it's really that simple. Kids should not think for one minute because dad has money or mom ***** someone kid should play. Work harder!!!

Last edited by America's Game; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well Said .. Who is your WIFE !!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May be the worst single post I have read on this site ever! Wish more clubs would do it, you are an A-Hole. If you think nepotism is bad in 8th grade club lacrosse you should wait HS and next level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree 100 pct what spallina does and wish more clubs would do it!! If you aren't the best work harder or SIT THE BENCH and enjoy it. My wife has breath that smells like dog crap. Don't like it leave it's really that simple. Kids should not think for one minute because dad has money or mom ***** someone kid should play. Work harder!!!

You should be blocked from posting

Last edited by America's Game; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OKAYYYYYY... if you want to put it like that...
But true about the money and or political end of it . including good "OL" mommy providing services for her kid to get in front of the line. You see it more and more , As in after tryouts and your team has a few practices under the belt , a kid shows up that has not FLOW with the rest of the team you try to figure out "why" is that kid here ? Then you find out his dad is in some sort of business venture with one of the directors or its the directors landscapers kid .
People are use to getting what they want , JS will not put up with that ! his record of success has been proven. Favors wont replace Hard work !

I agree 100 pct what spallina does and wish more clubs would do it!! If you aren't the best work harder or SIT THE BENCH and enjoy it. If I wasn't such a [lacrosse] I would play lacrosse. But instead I will just comment on here cause I know I'm a [lacrosse]. Don't like it leave it's really that simple. Kids should not think for one minute because dad has money or mom blows someone kid should play. Work harder!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's focus on 2016 tryouts this has gotten ugly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again...

Tournament RULES stated that "Placement on a grade based team (2018AA, 2019AA, 2020AA and 2021AA) is dictated by the highest grade of any player on the team."

The Crabs had actual 8th graders - who played on the 2019 team all year - playing against a 7th grade team. Now someone will say, "they are not 7th graders they are 2020s". In June of 2015, the kids graduating in 2020 are in the 7th grade (many of the kids playing in the tournament were still in school)

So yes, a rule was broken. Also, those kids were back playing with their 2019 team the next weekend. The Crabs knew what they were doing.

If a rule was broken, they would have been disqualified. They weren't.

Man, you are really butthurt over a loss. Whereas 91 will keep the roster intact, other clubs will change as they add players. Expect more losses in the future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree 100 pct what spallina does and wish more clubs would do it!! If you aren't the best work harder or SIT THE BENCH and enjoy it. My wife is ugly and I have no penis. Don't like it leave it's really that simple. Kids should not think for one minute because dad has money or mom blows someone kid should play. Work harder!!!

It's youth lacrosse. Everyone should see reasonable playing time unless it's a must win situation in a competitive game.

But even if it weren't, no real coach plays his starters only, let alone a youth coach.

Disgraceful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has dominance in every grade level can't imagine their strongest team declines as much as we hope that. I actually think they will also add talent and subtract others It's what happens in club lacrosse. People can hope a decline but don't bank on it. Will be interesting to gauge turnover on all the teams as players jockey to be on the top programs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the Maryland people coming on here trying to stay relevant. Past is the past when are tryouts in Maryland.

A Maryland team just lost to Crush by 1 goal, when is the last time a LI team did that? I'd say that's relevant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again...

Getting away with something does not mean it was OK. Aloha does not enforce their own rules, especially in this case since they are chummy with RM.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And there you have it the reason society on a downward spiral. Everything is not equal..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again...

Man, you are really butthurt over a loss. Whereas 91 will keep the roster intact, other clubs will change as they add players. Expect more losses in the future.

Of course there will be loses in the future because you bump your kids down to play younger kids- that would only be logical! Better hope those kids can win big all the time or that makes them look silly losing or only being competitive against younger kids. I'd be a bit worried if my older kids were only able to pull out a one goal win in OT. Of course you also won't be able to play in any age guided events in the future, but you won't want to as you know what may happen then.

Page 49 of 55 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard