BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 47 of 55 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job looney coming from a legacy parent you guys played a great game and showed heart. Whoever is talking [lacrosse] is not with us!! Congrats again

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
legacy was up 3-1 at the half. Legacy switched goalies at the half and that was the end of the story. Had nothing to do with face offs.

Cage how is this not calling out a kid? So the Defense or the middies had nothing to do with it. This is such a silly statement.
Is the goalie also responsible for the offense not scoring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And they say 91 is crazy? I think Legacy is going Looney over a silly tournament! They lost and are now they are blaming their own players? Parents making up stats, and faking injuries? Wow!

User
User
The goalie in question is the reason Legacy beat Sons and was even in the next round.
Also the bashing is coming from a Looneys parent who thankfully due to electronic tracking has been identified and their name and address will be posted if the BS continues.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think about it before you write do you actually believe someone from legacy our team would be talking [lacrosse] like that we lost fair and square looneys beat us we still had a great tournament and a great year and need to build on this and we will this team has only been put together in October 2014!! Can't be prouder of these boys and there coaches!!! Everybody worry about there own team and what you could do better!! We will do the same!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie should never be held responsible for a loss. Yes they will have abad game once in a while and you can't cover it up as easily as a field player, but they should not be singled out. At this age all players are still developing. With goalies it's extremely difficult to say how they will be in a few years. I don't think you can say any goalie will be great from this age group right now. Let it play out, this kid your singling out may be the best of the bunch in HS. You never know.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
legacy was up 3-1 at the half. Legacy switched goalies at the half and that was the end of the story. Had nothing to do with face offs.

Cage how is this not calling out a kid? So the Defense or the middies had nothing to do with it. This is such a silly statement.
Is the goalie also responsible for the offense not scoring. Give the keepers kudos for saving their pathetic asses. Knock off trying to defend the "real problem" in the game.

As the mother of a goal keeper I have to call you total imbeciles out on this one. The
Keeper can't win anything, he can only keep a team in the game. DO NOT [lacrosse] ME OFF. The loser offensive players as well as the mid field and defensive ( get the picture) lose these games. Games are not lost by the keeper.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Goalie should never be held responsible for a loss. Yes they will have abad game once in a while and you can't cover it up as easily as a field player, but they should not be singled out. At this age all players are still developing. With goalies it's extremely difficult to say how they will be in a few years. I don't think you can say any goalie will be great from this age group right now. Let it play out, this kid your singling out may be the best of the bunch in HS. You never know.

Parents trying to cover up the real reason a game was lost. Their kid. Offense, mid, defense. Hello.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was an athlete growing up, but I never played lacrosse and was only introduced to the game recently through my boys. I give a lot of respect to any kid who's willing to stand in that net with a lacrosse ball being launched at them just a few feet away from them. Singling out a kid goalie is pretty low

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the seasons are wrapping up can we get a ranking of the 2020AA teams?

Clearly 91 at the top

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was an athlete growing up, but I never played lacrosse and was only introduced to the game recently through my boys. I give a lot of respect to any kid who's willing to stand in that net with a lacrosse ball being launched at them just a few feet away from them. Singling out a kid goalie is pretty low

In the 2020 age group assume that the average kid can shoot 50 mph on the run, perhaps faster. Most of the shots are coming within 10 yards of the cage (30 feet). A ball traveling 50 mph goes 73 feet per second, so a goalie has less than a half a second to react and save the ball. I don't care how quick you are, or how good you are, any goalie playing for a top club team has to be respected and any save they make is a good one. The difference between these top goalies is slight and all should be applauded for getting in there in the first place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I played hockey as a youth and 4 years in college, and two rules we had were never blame your goalie (even if he was a sieve) and never let him get to drunk the night before a game. hopefully only the first rule applies at this age but something to remember for down the road. Cant have your last line of defense hung over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

Parents trying to cover up the real reason a game was lost. Their kid. Offense, mid, defense. Hello.

One kid does not lose a game. If it comes down to one goal, the whole team contributes to that. You could blame any of the mistakes made, or opportunities not taken, shots missed, etc., not just the last one, although that always seems to get the most attention. Win as a team, lose as a team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the seasons are wrapping up can we get a ranking of the 2020AA teams?

Clearly 91 at the top

It's hard to rank 2-5, there are a number of teams that can probably beat each other on any given day, especially now with many teams reclassing kids. Those in the conversation are Express, Legacy, Crabs, Loonies, Laxachusettes and NH Tomahawks. Would be a great 6 team tourney if someone could arrange it in the fall.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

One kid does not lose a game. If it comes down to one goal, the whole team contributes to that. You could blame any of the mistakes made, or opportunities not taken, shots missed, etc., not just the last one, although that always seems to get the most attention. Win as a team, lose as a team!

A field player makes a mistake and it is forgotten after the play. Why is the goalie the goat?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A field player makes a mistake and it is forgotten after the play. Why is the goalie the goat?

the goalie is the goat because, many parents didn't play lax and the ones who did probably never played between the pipes.

unfortunately though, when a goalie doesn't make the save, the play is done and you have about a minute to reflect on the missed save until play resumes. when the middy, attack or d screw up play is normally still going and you don't have that pause in the game like the goalie does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the 2020 age group assume that the average kid can shoot 50 mph on the run, perhaps faster. Most of the shots are coming within 10 yards of the cage (30 feet). A ball traveling 50 mph goes 73 feet per second, so a goalie has less than a half a second to react and save the ball. I don't care how quick you are, or how good you are, any goalie playing for a top club team has to be respected and any save they make is a good one. The difference between these top goalies is slight and all should be applauded for getting in there in the first place.

50 MPH? How about 75 to 90...my 2024 shoots it 60

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the goalie is the goat because, many parents didn't play lax and the ones who did probably never played between the pipes.

unfortunately though, when a goalie doesn't make the save, the play is done and you have about a minute to reflect on the missed save until play resumes. when the middy, attack or d screw up play is normally still going and you don't have that pause in the game like the goalie does.

Unless the goalie is running down the field, trying to score.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Unless the goalie is running down the field, trying to score.

you are kidding, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm talking about a dodge where they're shooting on the run not a time and space wind up. And the point is that the ball is moving fast, I don't care if it's 40 mph that's still a ridiculously short reaction time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The good news if he scores like that Albany goalie (after splitting two defenders and making a pump fake) he gets the highlight on ESPN's Top Ten Plays!

User
User

I'm talking about a dodge where they're shooting on the run not a time and space wind up. And the point is that the ball is moving fast, I don't care if it's 40 mph that's still a ridiculously short reaction time.

Agreed.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons shot 14 shots the second half 10 of them on cage, only one made it past Legacy Goalie, he was terrific. Legacy shot 5 shots second half 3 on man ups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the official top 10: Crush, Crabs, Looneys, Edge, Express, Hawks, FCA, Legacy, Tomahawks, Breakers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the official top 10: Crush, Crabs, Looneys, Edge, Express, Hawks, FCA, Legacy, Tomahawks, Breakers

I think that depends if Crabs uses holdbacks or not. If its without holdbacks they get a major bump down like behind breakers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heres the top 10
Crush
Looneys
Edge
FCA
Express
Hawks
Legacy
Crabs
Breakers
Tomahawks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is edge? I hope you are not talking about leading edge. You say that's the top 10 that's impossible only 2 of them were in Denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This past weekend's NXT tournament had better competition and was more reflective of the best 2020 teams. Denver didn't come close!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is edge? I hope you are not talking about leading edge. You say that's the top 10 that's impossible only 2 of them were in Denver.

Edge from Canada. Plus this is an informal daddy poll. Who do you think?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's beat Edge from Canada twice (once in the finals) at Young Guns two weeks ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Crabs beat Looneys the only time they played this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heres the top 10
Crush
Looneys
Edge
FCA
Express
Hawks
Legacy
Crabs
Breakers
Tomahawks

Sons has beaten Crabs, Looneys and Breakers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Crabs beat Looneys the only time they played this year.

Yeah and crabs tied FCA and fca beat looneys and looneys beat breakers and breakers beat FCA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You could also throw in Laxachusettes in there. Needless to say the 2020 group is very strong. Outside of Crush, any of those other teams can beat each other on a given day. Legacy and express beat Looneys in Spring, Sons lost to legacy and express by 1, Crabs beat sons, sons beat looneys, looneys beat express and legacy, laxachusettes beat express and sons, fca beat looneys..twice, crabs cheat, tomahawks have a attack man that is going to be 15, edge smedge, hawks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush, Crabs, Looneys, Express, Legacy, Laxachusettes, Sons, Edge, FCA, Breakers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys loses all early...team came together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of the LI teams who got better this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys loses all early...team came together.

You mean they came together when the added older players. Tried to pull a Crabs move on Crush. Pathetic!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of the LI teams who got better this year?

Crush and Legacy, Express got weaker, all other teams can't compete with the top 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO...same roster since March...no GUEST players.

Page 47 of 55 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard