BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 55 1 2 3 4 5 6 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy and Titanium were the number 3 and 4 team at age last year. Getting the best from both teams will make them much stronger.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happened to the 2020 hdd team? Where did those kids go?
Keeping the kids together and going out on thier own. Wise choice. Legacy would just make them a c team.

Does anyone know if they are looking for players? how do you find them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy and Titanium were the number 3 and 4 team at age last year. Getting the best from both teams will make them much stronger.

Anyone who knows the groups being thrown together here knows they will be a talented group. How will they get all these kids on the field? Lot of $$ to play little minutes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will combining Legacy and Titanium make them stronger? Only time will tell as there are many things that could go wrong like the kids not liking each other so they don't play well together or the strengths of each team overlapping so the combination does nothing but frustrate some talented kids. It is also possible they become a much deeper, stronger team but with tournament games usually being so short and running time, not too much depth is needed so may not be a pronounced advantage. All that said, as a famous commentator once said, this is why you play the games. Let's at least let the kids play a game before we decide how any changes in the offseason have affected the teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who knows sports knows that NO MATTER how much [lacrosse] you kiss or who you know IT DOESNT MATTER we are getting into the true years now. This is the time when BOYS become MEN!!! and i dont care what anybody says SIZE DOES MATTER!!! you will start to see kids fall by the waist side now. kids are starting to go through puberty now. And there is no denying that size plays a major role. THE ONLY PARENTS WHO SAY SIZE DOESNT MATTER ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE SMALL KIDS!! check all the college rosters and you will see for yourself the stats are overwhelming..DONT BE AN [lacrosse] KISSER IN THE END IT WILL NOT MATTER!!!AND YOU ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son made the Outlaws Black but wasn't impressed with the talent at the tryout so he decided to stay with his current team. Does anyone know if that team, which I thought was a decent B team last year, lost players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, Legacy getting Titanium top players. Will be a good team!
I would call Zummo if you are truly interested he left open a few spots. Hoping some kids may want to join!

New kids will wreck havoc with the original team members. I expect infighting will lead to downfall when little Johnny doesn't start. Sad part is legacy 2020 was a solid team and did not need an infusion of more b level players. Should be interesting!

I feel badly for the kids on Titanium. They are always called the B level players. Many of those kids are A level players and can compete with A teams. CRUSH is not your normal 2020 team. if they were to go off on their own, TItanium would be a solid A team, but because CRUSH is there- they lose kids that want to be on a known A team and also because they do not want to be second fiddle to another team. All understandable. However, the kids that do choose to play for Titanium are very good solid kids -definitely competitive with other A teams. I am not a Titanium parent- so no bashing... just an observation.

Feel bad for titanium?!? how about 91 white 2019 who constantly got over shadowed by 2020 crush. That 2020 crush group is a good team. In the next few years there could be some ebbs and flows. Like when they played the men of Laxachuesetts. Lets see how the maturation years effect them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone who knows the groups being thrown together here knows they will be a talented group. How will they get all these kids on the field? Lot of $$ to play little minutes.

Some will be favored due to their connections with the organization. I susspect some of the newbies will not be satisfied not being a starter. If the started with 91 and sit the bench on legacy while less talented kids stay in due to politics, dont see it going over well. Will be interesting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Email legacy website

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, Legacy getting Titanium top players. Will be a good team!
I would call Zummo if you are truly interested he left open a few spots. Hoping some kids may want to join!

New kids will wreck havoc with the original team members. I expect infighting will lead to downfall when little Johnny doesn't start. Sad part is legacy 2020 was a solid team and did not need an infusion of more b level players. Should be interesting!

I feel badly for the kids on Titanium. They are always called the B level players. Many of those kids are A level players and can compete with A teams. CRUSH is not your normal 2020 team. if they were to go off on their own, TItanium would be a solid A team, but because CRUSH is there- they lose kids that want to be on a known A team and also because they do not want to be second fiddle to another team. All understandable. However, the kids that do choose to play for Titanium are very good solid kids -definitely competitive with other A teams. I am not a Titanium parent- so no bashing... just an observation.

Feel bad for titanium?!? how about 91 white 2019 who constantly got over shadowed by 2020 crush. That 2020 crush group is a good team. In the next few years there could be some ebbs and flows. Like when they played the men of Laxachuesetts. Lets see how the maturation years effect them.

I think Crush will end up playing more in their own division when on the road in states that tend to have older kids on their team. I think someone was saying that the 2019 Crabs have 7 hold backs this year. Playing up against kids that are in full blown puberty could be a safety factor. I think they are a talented team, but it would be a bad move to play up and have your players injured. The 2020 teams should be more competitive this year- some kids started puberty and some have just blossomed skill wise. I think the next two year will be fun to watch the 2020 boys as a whole.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who knows sports knows that NO MATTER how much [lacrosse] you kiss or who you know IT DOESNT MATTER we are getting into the true years now. This is the time when BOYS become MEN!!! and i dont care what anybody says SIZE DOES MATTER!!! you will start to see kids fall by the waist side now. kids are starting to go through puberty now. And there is no denying that size plays a major role. THE ONLY PARENTS WHO SAY SIZE DOESNT MATTER ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE SMALL KIDS!! check all the college rosters and you will see for yourself the stats are overwhelming..DONT BE AN [lacrosse] KISSER IN THE END IT WILL NOT MATTER!!!AND YOU ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

My son is on the taller side, but I have to disagree. There are some very tough small kids that run circles around some of their taller counterparts. Checking the rosters, although the majority hover near 6 foot, there are plenty of shorter kids who excel. Some of these small kids are muscular powerhouses with insane skill!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard face off, goalie and about 4 others

That's accurate. All very good players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son made the Outlaws Black but wasn't impressed with the talent at the tryout so he decided to stay with his current team. Does anyone know if that team, which I thought was a decent B team last year, lost players?

I think They got Rid of some weak kids and added better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are 12. You are contradicting yourself there are not many small players unless you are a Fogo. Don't kid yourself. 6 foot at least!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are 12. You are contradicting yourself there are not many small players unless you are a Fogo. Don't kid yourself. 6 foot at least!!!

Don't know about that. Most of the early commits are well under 6 foot. Height is more important for defense. Many of the best attackmen are around 5 8" . Stick handling/dodging skills, speed, are paramount. The majority of boys reach their adult height by 16, then they fill out. Will the schools decommit these kids if they don't grow? Ludacris!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they wont decommit those kids they just will never see the field...im sorry you have a small kid and take offense to the truth. you can get away being small and shifty when you are young. try that playing attack when puberty hits you will be looking out your ear hole. SIZE DOES MATTER.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rob pannell? jordan wolf? case maethis? matt kavanaugh? kevin rice?

should I keep going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rob panell, will manny, mikey powell????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think They got Rid of some weak kids and added better.

My son's team picked up their leading scorer from last year so I'd say they may have gotten rid of some weak kids but they lost at least some quality kids as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they wont decommit those kids they just will never see the field...im sorry you have a small kid and take offense to the truth. you can get away being small and shifty when you are young. try that playing attack when puberty hits you will be looking out your ear hole. SIZE DOES MATTER.

Stupidity at its best! You should check facts before flapping your mouth hole! Plenty of standout college players under 5 10"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok you are up to 8 with the thousands that play....and you are talking about the all americans(special players). the stats dont lie look up average size..im sorry you have a small kid if you are doing this for college GET A GRIP...SIZE DOES MATTER!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because you have a big meat head for a kid doesn't mean that he has any guarantee either. The point is all shapes and sizes have shot if you have speed, stick skills and grades. No doubt your kid has all three and he is a starter on terps or crush.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok you are up to 8 with the thousands that play....and you are talking about the all americans(special players). the stats dont lie look up average size..im sorry you have a small kid if you are doing this for college GET A GRIP...SIZE DOES MATTER!!!

same post was talked about on 2017 last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like I said, there are plenty of great players 5 10" and under. My son is not short, he is average height, as are his parents. I'm just wondering why you would bash the shorter players. So I guess what you are saying is that any kid not projected to be 5 11" or taller should just quit lax right now, as they have no chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that what your wife told you?5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so far, the '20 thread has best avoided the gutter; lets keep it that way, no matter who you support. Keep it to lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best attackman in college lax are all under 5'10 u morons. Wolf, kavanagh, Dionne Matheis, and sankey all under 5'8".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I find it interesting that Duke's (Nat champ last 2 years) 3 of the best attackmen were under 5 9", One coming in at 5 7" (According to 2014 stats). I'm talking scoring leaders here. And, you were saying???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is looking to upgrade a bunch of positions this year. Many titanium kids coming to tryout for legacy. I would e mail legacy directly. I was in a similar situation last year and Zummo was very receptive.

Titanium kids ARE NOT trying out for Legacy, unless they are the team scrubs. It would be taking a step backwards!

I guess you were wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is looking to upgrade a bunch of positions this year. Many titanium kids coming to tryout for legacy. I would e mail legacy directly. I was in a similar situation last year and Zummo was very receptive.

Titanium kids ARE NOT trying out for Legacy, unless they are the team scrubs. It would be taking a step backwards!

I guess you were wrong.

There is movement every year. We will see starting in June how it all plays out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you were wrong.

There is movement every year. We will see starting in June how it all plays out.

Movement yes, more than half of the team no.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you were wrong.

I guess you were wrong.

I would hardly call it more than half the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the other kids went to igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you were wrong.

I guess you were wrong.

I would hardly call it more than half the team.

I would. 7 or 8 went to Legacy, a few went to Igloo and a couple defenseman went to Express B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are a current 7th grader and are still considering a Lacrosse club to play on for next season then consider the Blue Sharks. You are invited to attend our practice this Saturday to meet the coaches and play with the team and determine if there is a mutual fit. There is no fee, just email us at LITBluesharks@gmail.com to let us know to expect you.

Date: Saturday October 4th
Time: 3:30-5:00pm
Location: Stillwell Park Fields, 27 Southwoods Road Syosset, NY 11791.

If you want to learn about or mission and coaching philosophy please visit our web site:

www.leaguelineup.com/litbluesharks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If 7-8 went to legacy, how many did they cut from that supposed "great" team? Or are there now 30 B Players on that team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly your son got cut from the team. I am sorry to hear it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not exactly 30 but I am hearing 24 - 25 on that roster. Parents will not be happy especially with playing time and they will be looking for other options by spring

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly your son got cut from the team. I am sorry to hear it

NOT!! Stayed away from that train wreck HAHA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams does 91 have at this age group? I thought there were 4 - as per the try out selections, but only 3 listed under tournament page.

Page 4 of 55 1 2 3 4 5 6 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard