BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 55 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even better fact. The bench players never play in games and are convinced their kids are happy getting better in prax. All will change soon as they enter the recruiting window. Only so many will get the showcase invites. Non starters will start to look at other options. Tough entry point though.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
From what u have read, and heard:

Fact of the matter is:

CRUSH is committed to its current players.

Fact: and they are the best or close to it top to bottom. Even more of a fact, they are getting better.

No doubt a great team.
However, there are plenty of kids just as good, and many will surpass crush players in the coming years.
Every year approximately 150-160 kids from LI's graduating class go off to play D-1 lacrosse. If all 24 players make D-1 on crush, and they won't, that leaves another 120-135 players that will also be D-1 recruits. Hence on the same level as those players, playing with and competing against those crush players at the highest levels.
These are indisputable facts. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. Try taking a bite of a little humble pie, it will do you some good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fact of the matter is:

Fact: and they are the best or close to it top to bottom. Even more of a fact, they are getting better.

No doubt a great team.
However, there are plenty of kids just as good, and many will surpass crush players in the coming years.
Every year approximately 150-160 kids from LI's graduating class go off to play D-1 lacrosse. If all 24 players make D-1 on crush, and they won't, that leaves another 120-135 players that will also be D-1 recruits. Hence on the same level as those players, playing with and competing against those crush players at the highest levels.
These are indisputable facts. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. Try taking a bite of a little humble pie, it will do you some good.

Very well said.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fact of the matter is:

No doubt a great team.

saying that they are the best is being humble in my book.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fact of the matter is:

No doubt a great team.

saying that they are the best is being humble in my book.

Moving along, I see Forsberg schedule is out. Credit the directors for getting a schedule together and out so early. Terps are playing up, but 7A teams should make for good lacrosse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forsberg 7A has Vipers, Team LI, Outlaws Black and Three Village. Should all be competitive games. Based on last year, Team LI would be the team to beat but they haven't been seen yet this year so who knows how they are this year? Vipers seemed to have improved from last year. Three Village has won some tournaments against travel teams including the Outlaws Black so they'd be third and then would come the Outlaws. Regardless, will be good to see teams actually playing each other and also very nice job by Outlaws directors getting the schedule out so early. Hope other tournaments follow suit in the future!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forsberg 7A has Vipers, Team LI, Outlaws Black and Three Village. Should all be competitive games. Based on last year, Team LI would be the team to beat but they haven't been seen yet this year so who knows how they are this year? Vipers seemed to have improved from last year. Three Village has won some tournaments against travel teams including the Outlaws Black so they'd be third and then would come the Outlaws. Regardless, will be good to see teams actually playing each other and also very nice job by Outlaws directors getting the schedule out so early. Hope other tournaments follow suit in the future!

What did TLI do last year that they are the team to beat? I'm not familiar with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team LI will most likely show up with their U based team. Expect mostly 8th graders on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team LI will most likely show up with their U based team. Expect mostly 8th graders on that team.

It means the players are all 13 or younger as of Aug. 31, 2015.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And like other U13 teams, they will still be younger than most teams they play this summer. Every team should be aged based until HS. But there's another thread for such talk.

I understand Outlaws are improved. Look forward to seeing them play.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forsberg 7A has Vipers, Team LI, Outlaws Black and Three Village. Should all be competitive games. Based on last year, Team LI would be the team to beat but they haven't been seen yet this year so who knows how they are this year? Vipers seemed to have improved from last year. Three Village has won some tournaments against travel teams including the Outlaws Black so they'd be third and then would come the Outlaws. Regardless, will be good to see teams actually playing each other and also very nice job by Outlaws directors getting the
schedule out so early. Hope other tournaments follow suit in the future!

And like other U13 teams, they will still be younger than most teams they play this summer. Every team should be aged based until HS. But there's another thread for such talk.

Outlaws consistently lose to Legacy Ravage (their B team), the last time being just 2 weeks ago at the Blatant Spring Jam so to paraphrase the immortal Inigo Montoya...you use the word improved but I do not think it means what you think it means! Of course the proof is on the field and between the JDRF and this tournament, the question of whether the Outlaws have improved will be definitely answered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fact of the matter is:

No doubt a great team.

Very well said.....

This statement assumes that Crush players will not also continue to get better and continue to better their skills. Its like what I have seen on here a million times, "just wait until kids start hitting puberty, those Crush kids will start to loose and fall behind". I'm not a medical doctor nor am I a physiologist, but my basic understanding of Biology is that it is highly likely the Crush kids will also hit puberty at some point not just kids from every other team but Crush, then what will the excuses be ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fact of the matter is:

No doubt a great team.

Very well said.....

This statement assumes that Crush players will not also continue to get better and continue to better their skills. Its like what I have seen on here a million times, "just wait until kids start hitting puberty, those Crush kids will start to loose and fall behind". I'm not a medical doctor nor am I a physiologist, but my basic understanding of Biology is that it is highly likely the Crush kids will also hit puberty at some point not just kids from every other team but Crush, then what will the excuses be ?

I think the point is that there are many other strong players on the island. Crush has the benefit of having 3-4 of the absolute clear best players, they're the difference makers. Not knocking the team or the other kids, who are all strong and would likely start on any other AA travel team, just stating a fact that they have a few dominant players that are true game changers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fact of the matter is:

No doubt a great team.

Very well said.....

I think the point is that there are many other strong players on the island. Crush has the benefit of having 3-4 of the absolute clear best players, they're the difference makers. Not knocking the team or the other kids, who are all strong and would likely start on any other AA travel team, just stating a fact that they have a few dominant players that are true game changers.

take the top 3-4 players off any team and they'll be knocked down a level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush is an offensive powerhouse. However, having watched them play, you cannot convince me their defense and goalies fall in that same uber elite category. They are very, very talented players, don't get me wrong, but if you switched them out for the goalies and defense from Terps, Legacy, etc. I believe Crush would keep rolling without missing a beat. Nor are they obviously playing all the kids evenly which also sort of argues against the notion that these are, without question, the top 24 kids in this age group on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the difference. The Crush kids skill level doesn't have much room to grow. So what happens along with puberty is the other kids who don't have the skill set begin to develop it and it closes the gap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush is an offensive powerhouse. However, having watched them play, you cannot convince me their defense and goalies fall in that same uber elite category. They are very, very talented players, don't get me wrong, but if you switched them out for the goalies and defense from Terps, Legacy, etc. I believe Crush would keep rolling without missing a beat. Nor are they obviously playing all the kids evenly which also sort of argues against the notion that these are, without question, the top 24 kids in this age group on LI.

Their defense is as good as anyone's - the difference makers are definitely their top two or three offensive players, who are phenomenal. But you can't knock this team at all, they work harder than any other team and the kids are incredibly committed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, have watched them play a few times and has a few great offensive players. Everyone is catching up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who would want their kid as goalie for crush? I guess he sees the best in prax but yawn during the games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What did TLI do last year that they are the team to beat? I'm not familiar with them.

They made it to the final of the Maverick big time Shootout last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take top 4 offensive players off the Crush and i agree there isn't a huge difference between them and other teams but take four top offensive kids off any team and there will be a difference . As someone who's son competes with this team consistently the two attackman and two midfielders are at a different level. Saw these boys at Blue chip in Florida up close and it was quite the spectical. Also saw some of their defense there and having watched Crush play so many times you don't really get to see their defense play much defense at blue chip they were impressive so playing vs the best in practice is beneficial. Think it's great for other 2020 teams to have a team to strive for, it will improve the grade level. Puberty will close the gap a little but hardly enough. I think the more pressing question is who rounds out the top 5 in 2020. Think my sons team has improved but time will tell we are not from the island and it's tough to measure up. My opinion
Crush
Looneys
Crabs
Express
Sons

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take top 4 offensive players off the Crush and i agree there isn't a huge difference between them and other teams but take four top offensive kids off any team and there will be a difference . As someone who's son competes with this team consistently the two attackman and two midfielders are at a different level. Saw these boys at Blue chip in Florida up close and it was quite the spectical. Also saw some of their defense there and having watched Crush play so many times you don't really get to see their defense play much defense at blue chip they were impressive so playing vs the best in practice is beneficial. Think it's great for other 2020 teams to have a team to strive for, it will improve the grade level. Puberty will close the gap a little but hardly enough. I think the more pressing question is who rounds out the top 5 in 2020. Think my sons team has improved but time will tell we are not from the island and it's tough to measure up. My opinion
Crush
Looneys
Crabs
Express
Sons

Good points but Express beat Looney's by a decent margin a few weeks ago

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They made it to the final of the Maverick big time Shootout last year.

Wow! They came in second in a tournament no one goes to! Impressive. And if in true TLI fashion, should have had older kids on team because ........that's what they do by consistantly playing by different age rules!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush
Looneys
Crabs
Express
Sons

Good points but Express beat Looney's by a decent margin a few weeks ago

Here is my list
Crush
Express
Crabs beat looneys,breakers, Hawks
Fca beat looneys twice but lost to breakers twice
Hawks beat breakers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They may have reloaded this year. See what happens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And I think Sons and Crabs beat Looney's also

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And I think Sons and Crabs beat Looney's also

Sons are cheaters! Do not belong on the list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The summer is a long season. We will know the top teams by the end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts as to why the Breakers can't seem to beat the Hawks? Match up issues?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today's scores for JDRF 2020 A
Express Team 2 beat Outlaws Black 4-2 (Great game)
True Blue Blue beat Empire 10-1
True Blue Blue beat Outlaws Black 9-3
Express Team 2 beat Empire 6-2
True Blue beat Express Team 2 by 7 not exactly sure the exact score
Outlaws Black beat Empire 6-1
Really Impressed with all teams True Blue and Outlaws have definitely improved

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire amd outlaws coukd have been in second bracket. Viper was ripped off by being in bracket 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts as to why the Breakers can't seem to beat the Hawks? Match up issues?

Good question. A lot of talent on that team but they don't seem to be able to make the most of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire amd outlaws coukd have been in second bracket. Viper was ripped off by being in bracket 2.

Mr. Viper Dad. Instead of bitching on here, maybe tell your coach to tell your directors to request they be placed in the top bracket. Why would anyone assume a Viper team should be in a top bracket without specifically requesting it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today's scores for JDRF 2020 A
Express Team 2 beat Outlaws Black 4-2 (Great game)
True Blue Blue beat Empire 10-1
True Blue Blue beat Outlaws Black 9-3
Express Team 2 beat Empire 6-2
True Blue beat Express Team 2 by 7 not exactly sure the exact score
Outlaws Black beat Empire 6-1
Really Impressed with all teams True Blue and Outlaws have definitely improved

True Blue didn't play their starters the 2nd half against Outlaws.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mr. Viper Dad. Instead of bitching on here, maybe tell your coach to tell your directors to request they be placed in the top bracket. Why would anyone assume a Viper team should be in a top bracket without specifically requesting it.
they did ut true blue makes the schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forsberg 7A has Vipers, Team LI, Outlaws Black and Three Village. Should all be competitive games. Based on last year, Team LI would be the team to beat but they haven't been seen yet this year so who knows how they are this year? Vipers seemed to have improved from last year. Three Village has won some tournaments against travel teams including the Outlaws Black so they'd be third and then would come the Outlaws. Regardless, will be good to see teams actually playing each other and also very nice job by Outlaws directors getting the
schedule out so early. Hope other tournaments follow suit in the future!

Outlaws consistently lose to Legacy Ravage (their B team), the last time being just 2 weeks ago at the Blatant Spring Jam so to paraphrase the immortal Inigo Montoya...you use the word improved but I do not think it means what you think it means! Of course the proof is on the field and between the JDRF and this tournament, the question of whether the Outlaws have improved will be definitely answered.

Outlaws had a tough day today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are the Vipers going to enter the A bracket at Laxfest?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

maybe they will match ul at lax fest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are the Vipers going to enter the A bracket at Laxfest?
They have requested to be in the A bracket at Lax Fest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they did ut true blue makes the schedule.

You obviously have a significant inferiority complex. The last time Vipers were in top bracket at JDRF they played TB 2020 and the score was around 16-2. It's nice to hear that your son's team has improved since then. It's great when smaller groups have teams that do well, and Tom Luzzi is a great guy. However, they didn't request to be in the top division last year or this year.
What is your email address? I will ask the woman who receives the registrations for JDRF to email you the Viper 2020 form, which didn't request to be in the A bracket. I just asked her to confirm that and make sure that you were full of it, which you are. It obviously means a lot that your son is on an "A" team. Enter the A bracket at Laxfest and that will give you that answer.

Page 26 of 55 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard