BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 55 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son has never tried out for crush. Ever. Never been part of the 91 organization. Ever. Now he plays for legacy. Sorry, there goes your theory.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Put the top 4 kids from Crush on Legacy and you have a new #1 team in the country...

to bad they wouldn't play 2020 if they ever left crush

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poaching ? 91 has been poaching goalies for years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy will beat Terps it is only a matter of time . We were close the last time and express knows it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Put the top 4 kids from Crush on Legacy and you have a new #1 team in the country...

Kind of a ridiculous comment if you took the top 4 offensive players off any team it would change the team.
It will be fun to watch how this Legacy Express rivalry evolves. Will express attend the same tournaments as us ? My observation was express team seeming stale while Legacy seemed hungry.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Legacy will beat Terps it is only a matter of time . We were close the last time and express knows it [/quote

"We were close" ? Hopefully you are a child and not stupid parent who thinks they are on the team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not an express dad. But your comments are so stupid needed to post. "We were close last time". Are you kidding me - any given day a team can be beat - also if you play them enough times a team can be beat. Worry about your kids development and stop trying to create these "rivalries". The funniest part is your kid is probably not the best on the team. But you are the one shooting your mouth off. Got to love stupid lacrosse dads

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Put the top 4 kids from Crush on Legacy and you have a new #1 team in the country...

Kind of a ridiculous comment if you took the top 4 offensive players off any team it would change the team.
It will be fun to watch how this Legacy Express rivalry evolves. Will express attend the same tournaments as us ? My observation was express team seeming stale while Legacy seemed hungry.

I think the poster was saying Crush does not necessarilly have the 20+ best kids in this age group. They probably have the best 4 and then everyone else could be swapped out for similar very talented players on one of the other top club teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Legacy will beat Terps it is only a matter of time . We were close the last time and express knows it [/quote

"We were close" ? Hopefully you are a child and not stupid parent who thinks they are on the team

Talk to some of your other dads on your Legacy teams that know the Express team and see what they say. Won't be close next time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The comical my son's team will beat yours exemplifies the ignorance of all of the sorry [lacrosse] dads living vicariously thru their kids in this sport.
Get your kid on a team that plays and competes in A brackets in the right tournaments the next couple years and that's all that matters. College coaches recruit players not teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I think the poster was saying Crush does not necessarilly have the 20+ best kids in this age group. They probably have the best 4 and then everyone else could be swapped out for similar very talented players on one of the other top club teams."

I think this statement is 100% accurate and I agree. That being said--Crush is a finally tuned machine in which every kid on the field has a role and executes it well. They work and practice more than any other team on LI and their performance on the field shows. I am a parent of a player from another '20 program and I respect the position they have earned through their work...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
excuse me, finely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please give me an idea of who the top three 2020 teams might be in Maryland?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please give me an idea of who the top three 2020 teams might be in Maryland?

Crabs
Looneys
?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looneys, Annapolis Hawks, Crabs. FCA, Breakers, Roughriders good too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea which one of those teams is the best?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roughriders, from my limited exposure, does not belong on that list. fl$ beat them pretty handily... and fl$ is middle of the pack of the good LI teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea which one of those teams is the best?

Looney's or Hawks. Not sure how many times they've played each other. I know Hawks won at beachlax last summer in close game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loonies last Summer although Breakers beat loonies indoor

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys is on top from summer and fall. Crabs is right there with them. Hawks probably third, then fca, then breakers. Lots of quality teams in 2020

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the feedback it's much appreciated...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where are the top L.I. Clubs playing this summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys is on top from summer and fall. Crabs is right there with them. Hawks probably third, then fca, then breakers. Lots of quality teams in 2020

except Crabs team changes constantly depending on the hold back kids who typically repeat 7th or 8th grade and then play against younger kids...doesn't seem like Looney's or Hawks deploys the same cheating/scumbag strategy...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are colleges cheating when they redshirt a player ? NO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That "middle of the pack" fl$ 2020 team your talking about beat three quality teams at Cornell this fall and lost in the Championship to Edge from Ontario who they beat earlier in the day. Wasn't sure where you were putting them in the middle ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush
Loonies
Express
Sons
Crabs
Legacy
Breakers
fl$
FCA
Hawks
Sweetlax
NH Tomahawks

User
User
Not sure why all the discussion and negativity concerning hold backs/red shirts. Why is the practice looked down upon when it is quite beneficial for the hold back and the ones choosing to stay on grade as it increases the competition level. Seems to be a win win. Thoughts??

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush
Loonies
Express
Sons
Crabs
Legacy
Breakers
fl$
FCA
Hawks
Sweetlax
NH Tomahawks

fl$ has to win some games this spring/summer to be this high. No one cares about 7th grade fall lacrosse wins in upstate N.Y. They lost to the Jesters last year and they were not good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looneys, Breakers, Hawks based on records last spring, fall and most recently indoor box. Looneys lead with Breakers and Hawks splitting their games last spring and tourneys. Breakers beat Hawks and Looneys in indoor box this winter. FCA not overly strong at 2020 and have been beaten by all three above. Crabs would definitely be in the mix as number 1 or 2 yet a bit distorted as more than half the team are holdbacks and at this age, the extra year makes a difference and the other three do not have holdbacks. Should even out in high school. Roughriders next tier down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your right about last years 2020 fl$ team and look forward to the Spring/Summer with 7 new players on the team and that same team that lost to the Jesters early in the year beat a tough NH Tomahawks team at Harvard lost to the Looneys by 2 in a real close game , beat FCA, lost to a very good Legacy team and beat SweetLax this fall. Should be better and ready to compete in 2015

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is not the same, cut the BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's completely different than an eighth grader playing a tenth grader. Give me a break.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You cant count box when teams aren't at full strength. Also, fca smacked breakers pretty good this fall. 9 to 5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your right about last years 2020 fl$ team and look forward to the Spring/Summer with 7 new players on the team and that same team that lost to the Jesters early in the year beat a tough NH Tomahawks team at Harvard lost to the Looneys by 2 in a real close game , beat FCA, lost to a very good Legacy team and beat SweetLax this fall. Should be better and ready to compete in 2015

Wow, the north shore dad is chomping at the bit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no but by college hopefully all the kids have reached puberty...look at the AA teams and see who they're comprised of, almost all upper classmen, with a few exceptions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
Not sure why all the discussion and negativity concerning hold backs/red shirts. Why is the practice looked down upon when it is quite beneficial for the hold back and the ones choosing to stay on grade as it increases the competition level. Seems to be a win win. Thoughts??

This is likely the dumbest comment i've witnessed on BOTC and i've read a lot of dumb posts. Holding a kid back benefits only the holdback. There is no logical reason to hold a kid back, this is a relatively new phenomenon that is highly controversial for a reason...it's wrong!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm totally against it, but, as big a deal as it is in jr high/9th--its a non factor by the time the kids are seniors--seen it play out over and over. and why kids are committing as freshman and sophomores to middle tier academic and athletic schools fairfield,bryant, marquette is beyond me--delusional--its all for the parents ego... Really you gave up everything to sign early for that... system is flawed... no offense to those schools as they are good schools it was not my point to denigrate them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush
Loonies
Express
Sons
Crabs
Legacy
Breakers
fl$
FCA
Hawks
Sweetlax
NH Tomahawks

fl$ has to win some games this spring/summer to be this high. No one cares about 7th grade fall lacrosse wins in upstate N.Y. They lost to the Jesters last year and they were not good.

Back off the Jesters. They did not put themselves on this self serving BS, made up list!! They lost in OT of championship of that tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I stand corrected on fl$. They had the one outlier loss and have had some good wins. When I saw them play the had some very talented players but seemed to drop off after a few good kids... they have an army of kids on the sideline...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue should be above fl$. Also watch out for Igloo, new team but they will beat some of the teams on this list. Also Express team 2 is very good.

Page 17 of 55 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard