BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 51 52
Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
BOTC is opening our Fall 2014 through Summer 2015 thread covering the Boys 2018 age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: Anonymous
How many people have received their invites from Philly Freshman Showcase. Are they all out yet or are they still sending them out? What hotels to stay in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told by a reliable source that they are not out yet. There are a few people with connections that know they are getting one...

Again, not first hand info.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was told by a reliable source that they are not out yet. There are a few people with connections that know they are getting one...

First hand, some have been received

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is your club team playing in the event the next day? Just wondering?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

honestly do not know the answer to that, tryouts haven't even been announced and don't know what team he will be on or what the fall schedule will be

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
some of the express terps kids got them as early as last month

honestly do not know the answer to that, tryouts haven't even been announced and don't know what team he will be on or what the fall schedule will be

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think some people may be confused about this event. It is a two day event, club teams playing on Sunday, individuals playing on Saturday.

the invites everyone is waiting on are for the Saturday individual event. for the Sunday event, yes our team is going but we have not yest received the individual invite for Saturday although we are told my son will get one.

Like everything else in life, if you are the top four players on your AA travel team, you will get an invite. If you are on terps, extreme, dukes, you can probably get invite if coach ranks you top 7...

For those that are just waiting, make sure you tell your coach that you want to get your son in. If you leave this one to luck, you wont get the invite to Saturday...

The guys sending the invites are doing so based upon coach recommendations. so if Mike C or sal say my whole team should be picked, the philly guys will say we can't do that so give me your top 7 or so choices. For realistic people who know where they stand on their club, use your HS coach if you are not top of club team...

Some free advice from someone that has been through this before...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
some of the express terps kids got them as early as last month

hard to believe that anybody was invited in June

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think some people may be confused about this event. It is a two day event, club teams playing on Sunday, individuals playing on Saturday.

the invites everyone is waiting on are for the Saturday individual event. for the Sunday event, yes our team is going but we have not yest received the individual invite for Saturday although we are told my son will get one.

Like everything else in life, if you are the top four players on your AA travel team, you will get an invite. If you are on terps, extreme, dukes, you can probably get invite if coach ranks you top 7...

For those that are just waiting, make sure you tell your coach that you want to get your son in. If you leave this one to luck, you wont get the invite to Saturday...

The guys sending the invites are doing so based upon coach recommendations. so if Mike C or sal say my whole team should be picked, the philly guys will say we can't do that so give me your top 7 or so choices. For realistic people who know where they stand on their club, use your HS coach if you are not top of club team...

Some free advice from someone that has been through this before...

spot on post, the only thing I would add is if you have been contacted or in contact with a college and/or have a relationship with a college coach, they can also recommend a player and college coach recommendations carry a lot of weight

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i posted above that the invites weren't out, my kid got one this afternoon...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

congrats

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

well done... i wouldn't get your hopes up and don't get discouraged. 36 of the 200 were from Long Island, but that is still quite low with the talent pool.

Last year breakdown:
LI Express - 12
Team91 - 8
fl$ - 6
Team LI - 4
LI Outlaws - 3
GC - 2
Jesters - 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where do you see the invites? webpage somewhere?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

well done... i wouldn't get your hopes up and don't get discouraged. 36 of the 200 were from Long Island, but that is still quite low with the talent pool.

Last year breakdown:
LI Express - 12
Team91 - 8
fl$ - 6
Team LI - 4
LI Outlaws - 3
GC - 2
Jesters - 1

There were 232 invited last year.... and 55 were from NY and the above listed were from Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where do you see the invites? webpage somewhere?

Last years!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What ever happened to the guy that was claiming the first 2018 early commit? Haven't seen anything on 2018 yet??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are all the Philly showcase invites out already?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are all the Philly showcase invites out already?

You can still register. So assume it is not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 terps in lake placid finished the day 2-0 beating u-15 fca in last second.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2018 terps in lake placid finished the day 2-0 beating u-15 fca in last second. [/quote

Breaking News!! That's for the news flash Terps Dad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your welcome! must be interested in updates or you wouldn't be trolling this site...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is playing up...and there were only 30 kids...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2018 terps in lake placid finished the day 2-0 beating u-15 fca in last second. [/quote

Breaking News!! That's for the news flash Terps Dad!

No players or teams of note are at that silly convention of a tourney. And FCA is a team of whatever they could scrape together at the last moment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your welcome! must be interested in updates or you wouldn't be trolling this site...

Not really. Looking at tryout information. But keep us posted. Can't wait to hear about today's games. No one else is playing in August so gives everyone something to read about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really. Looking at tryout information. But keep us posted. Can't wait to hear about today's games. No one else is playing in August so gives everyone something to read about.

thank you for the updates, we were on the team this year but could not make it this week and since JR is not texting me updates and the tourney does not post results it is nice to keep up with the team on BOTC........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
August is a football month. No reason to attend a lax event in August. August tournaments are just another excuse to throw away cash.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to the guy trashing this convention of a tourny--Guess your kid didn't get invited to come play with fca...a few turtles did and all catholics well represented. not a joke tourny as far as i have seen. plenty of commits here playing.

Just dont read updates if you are not interested.

For tryout guy--every team puts them on the website, no need to look here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to the guy trashing this convention of a tourny--Guess your kid didn't get invited to come play with fca...a few turtles did and all catholics well represented. not a joke tourny as far as i have seen. plenty of commits here playing.

Was invited to play with fca, knew it would be a waste of time. Good decision for us, also, Turtles brought nothing to fca, it was an embarrassment. Why was tourney a joke, because they lost?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thank you for the updates, we were on the team this year but could not make it this week and since JR is not texting me updates and the tourney does not post results it is nice to keep up with the team on BOTC........

Couldn't make it? The team went to a tournament with only 32 players ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bla bla bla please keep telling us how good your kid is. Everyone wants to hear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess we know your son was not asked to be on terps and you feel the need to bad mouth...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where did poster say anything about his kid?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
August is a football month. No reason to attend a lax event in August. August tournaments are just another excuse to throw away cash.

August is a football month, no need to go to a lax website.....is it possible that there are some kids that don't play football, this tournament has been around 25 years so it must have some allure - perhaps that it is in a beautiful resort town with a lot of things for the whole family to do and you can have a really nice family vacation and also play some lacrosse....imagine a tournament that was just for fun

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 orange beat 2018 terps in semi 8-5 for those who like the updates. for those that don't care, I already know your thoughts so please dont respond.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes my son [i][/i] was only one out of 50 kids not ask to play. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So just how many top 10 D1 coaches are chilling on the sidelines up there anyway? My guess is prob a whopping zero (unless they are playing in the masters tournament)

Yes; a convention of a tourney... Terps begging kids to go; FCA filling spot just as mentioned by whatever mercenaries they can get, sweet lax trying to make a "committed only team" that serves only to sweeten their club's name if they win.....

Twerps beating twerps in the semi's? .......wow.

Seriously....not on the "must be there" radar for anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So just how many top 10 D1 coaches are chilling on the sidelines up there anyway? My guess is prob a whopping zero (unless they are playing in the masters tournament)

Yes; a convention of a tourney... Terps begging kids to go; FCA filling spot just as mentioned by whatever mercenaries they can get, sweet lax trying to make a "committed only team" that serves only to sweeten their club's name if they win.....

Hate all you want but this has been a well run tourney with some great competition in a great setting. You will be hard pressed to find anybody here say a bad thing about the experience. Are there college coaches here? No, but that may be part of the great experience. The kids seem to be having a blast and the adults are all very well behaved. But keep on hating all you unhappy souls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are everything wrong with lax...just another jackass without a brain...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was invited to play with fca, knew it would be a waste of time. Good decision for us, also, Turtles brought nothing to fca, it was an embarrassment. Why was tourney a joke, because they lost?

sounds like you're in need of some fellowship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am so glad that your son does not play on the Terps or for any of the teams at Lake Placid now. I could only imagine how you'd behave on the sideline. Lake Placid is a beautiful place to visit and sometimes it's just about having fun playing a great game of lacrosse. This is why the boys began playing this game in the first place-for fun. All the parents knew that no coaches would be here. I feel sorry that you feel the only lacrosse worth playing is in front of D1 coaches. I feel sorry that you don't understand that and most of all I feel sorry for your child because I'm pretty sure you will kill his love of this game. Go back and read what you wrote and ask yourself, "Would I be proud of myself if my family knew I wrote this?"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would hope that anyone with a sense of the pride and tradition of the game of lacrosse would not come on a forum and bash the Lake Placid Tournament. After the Vail Shootout, it was the only game in town for years and was a tournament that everyone aspired to play in for the overall atmosphere and experience. I might be nostalgic, but I think it still holds that mystique to people who have been around the game for years. You compete hard, but at the end of the day friendships are forged and bonds are created that last for years and decades, that is why people have been going back for 25 years, that is why Lake Placid and Vail will always have a special place in this game. It is a different time and it is a different sport, but you are still an athlete and when you go into town you are walking in the same places that Jim Craig, Eric Heiden and Mike Eruzione, among others walked. That humbling experience alone is why as an athlete you go to Lake Placid, the tournament is not about self promotion but about promoting the game. Something I think we need more of.
Bob Bohanan Annapolis, Md

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would hope that anyone with a sense of the pride and tradition of the game of lacrosse would not come on a forum and bash the Lake Placid Tournament. After the Vail Shootout, it was the only game in town for years and was a tournament that everyone aspired to play in for the overall atmosphere and experience. I might be nostalgic, but I think it still holds that mystique to people who have been around the game for years. You compete hard, but at the end of the day friendships are forged and bonds are created that last for years and decades, that is why people have been going back for 25 years, that is why Lake Placid and Vail will always have a special place in this game. It is a different time and it is a different sport, but you are still an athlete and when you go into town you are walking in the same places that Jim Craig, Eric Heiden and Mike Eruzione, among others walked. That humbling experience alone is why as an athlete you go to Lake Placid, the tournament is not about self promotion but about promoting the game. Something I think we need more of.

So many have forgotten what the game itself is about.

Thank you for reminding us all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So many have forgotten what the game itself is about.

Thank you for reminding us all.

I am so glad that your son does not play on the Terps or for any of the teams at Lake Placid now. I could only imagine how you'd behave on the sideline. Lake Placid is a beautiful place to visit and sometimes it's just about having fun playing a great game of lacrosse. This is why the boys began playing this game in the first place-for fun. All the parents knew that no coaches would be here. I feel sorry that you feel the only lacrosse worth playing is in front of D1 coaches. I feel sorry that you don't understand that and most of all I feel sorry for your child because I'm pretty sure you will kill his love of this game. Go back and read what you wrote and ask yourself, "Would I be proud of myself if my family knew I wrote this?"

Unfortunately lacrosse has attracted some of the most horrible people. ..classless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bravo, Bob! People have lost sight of things. We were recently at the Brine and for this age it is not a recruiting event. One parent said "what a waste to come here." Because there were no coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being among the first money grab events is not an excuse for holding a poorly timed event. The club travel season is already too long. Unless these events are poorly attended and lose money for the organizer, the season will continue to expand. I am sure this event is finely run and nostalgic, but why is it held in August?

The months of June and July are ample for Summer travel. If you send your club team to an August event you are contributing to the mania and hurting the game. This is the way I see the current calendar. Bob, are you telling me this is not enough lacrosse for you? Back in the day it was one of two events now it is one of hundreds.

JAN - HS/College pre-season strength/conditioning
FEB - HS/College tryouts/season starts
MAR - HS/College/Youth season
APR - HS/College/Youth season
MAY - HS/College/Youth season
JUN - Club season
JUL - Club season
AUG - Dead month/vacation
SEP - School begins Fall Ball workouts (strength/conditioning)
OCT - HS/College/Youth Fall Ball
NOV - Club Fall Ball
DEC - Holiday season (strength/conditioning)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being among the first money grab events is not an excuse for holding a poorly timed event. The club travel season is already too long. Unless these events are poorly attended and lose money for the organizer, the season will continue to expand. I am sure this event is finely run and nostalgic, but why is it held in August?

The months of June and July are ample for Summer travel. If you send your club team to an August event you are contributing to the mania and hurting the game. This is the way I see the current calendar. Bob, are you telling me this is not enough lacrosse for you? Back in the day it was one of two events now it is one of hundreds.

JUN - Club season
JUL - Club season
NOV - Club Fall Ball

Where did the fun go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JUN - Club season
JUL - Club season
NOV - Club Fall Ball

Correction:

Aug - Clinics and training sessions to prepare for tryouts and for some clubs tryouts themselves

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JUN - Club season
JUL - Club season
NOV - Club Fall Ball

Correction:

Aug - Clinics and training sessions to prepare for tryouts and for some clubs tryouts themselves

I think they have got to put the stick DOWN...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JUN - Club season
JUL - Club season
NOV - Club Fall Ball

Correction:

F'n ridiculous August. yes Workout to stay fit. August don't touch the stick for 2 weeks. then maybe do the wall and a sporadic clinic.

Swimming is the best sport. August is to SWIM SWIM SWIM in ocean in pools in lakes. Do you sons all a favor have them swim

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JUN - Club season
JUL - Club season
NOV - Club Fall Ball

Correction:

F'n ridiculous August. yes Workout to stay fit. August don't touch the stick for 2 weeks. then maybe do the wall and a sporadic clinic.

Swimming is the best sport. August is to SWIM SWIM SWIM in ocean in pools in lakes. Do you sons all a favor have them swim

The correction post was sarcasm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its crazy. What if your kid is a multi sport athlete? Is it crazy to ask them to pick one sport at 14. At a recent lacrosse showcase the coaches involved in a Q & A session specifically said that they prefer athletes that played other sports. That playing other sports helps them not only physically but mentally. With the demands that are placed on these kids isn't it almost impossible to play more than one sport at a high level. Seeing the injuries that many young athletes are suffering, could it be attributed to repetitive use and only playing one sport. When we grew up we played every sport under the sun developing our whole bodies. Now with sport specific training you tend to train to the one sport you play and neglect other regions of your body. How many kids did you know in the 70's and 80's that needed knee surgery or Tommy John. I can recall none.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just a thought......do what ever you want and what your kid wants to do and enjoy. we do what we want based on what he and his friends want to do.not based on a calendar - if he has a conflict (family vacation or another sport vs. lax) we let him decide and he usually always picks lax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JUN - Club season
JUL - Club season
NOV - Club Fall Ball

You seemed to have totally missed my point,yet at the same time proved my point. I believe Lake Placid has always been around this time of year, so they didn't move. June and July are jammed with tourneys for third and fourth grade recruiting purposes, this is not one of those tournaments. You said take a vacation in August, that is what a lot of these families are doing, a vacation with a handful of games thrown in the middle. If that is what they are choosing and what they want, who are we to criticize them. I don't see football/soccer in the fall or basketball/wrestling in the winter on your time table. I think that is a bigger concern than five or six days in August.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its crazy. What if your kid is a multi sport athlete? Is it crazy to ask them to pick one sport at 14. At a recent lacrosse showcase the coaches involved in a Q & A session specifically said that they prefer athletes that played other sports. That playing other sports helps them not only physically but mentally. With the demands that are placed on these kids isn't it almost impossible to play more than one sport at a high level. Seeing the injuries that many young athletes are suffering, could it be attributed to repetitive use and only playing one sport. When we grew up we played every sport under the sun developing our whole bodies. Now with sport specific training you tend to train to the one sport you play and neglect other regions of your body. How many kids did you know in the 70's and 80's that needed knee surgery or Tommy John. I can recall none.

First of all, no one was playing 30 (40 -50 for recruiting years) summer games of lax after the school season. That's a fact. Further, no one started playing any of these sports for the most part until Jr HS. (they call it middle school now) Same thing with baseball. You are right, except for a very few select natural athletes, it's impossible not to keep working at lax to stay with the pack. As far as injuries, I suggest you look into a good overall weight training program, one that should be done year round. One that focuses on a balanced physique, full body development, and injury prevention. It is the answer to the repetitive injury problem, as the whole body is worked and weaknesses are addressed. Please, stay away from the shoots and ladder programs, more injuries to be had there... Not against other sports, but not going to force my kid to play one either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JUN - Club season
JUL - Club season
NOV - Club Fall Ball

Correction:

You have to prepare end of July if you want to try out for Team Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First 2018 commit is supposed to be from Madlax heading to Hopkins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just heard the same thing. Also know of one other that is about to commit from LI...to UNC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard UNC commit is done waiting to announce

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You folks are out of your minds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The name of the madlax kid was released - he is not a reclass as he was on the U13 madlax team that went to [lacrosse]'s

Congrats to him and his family - JHU is a great school

Glad he is not older

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You folks are out of your minds.

Why do you say that? People talking about 2018 kids committing to college are out of their minds? Huh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These early recruiting coaches will be doing a resume before the U-13 commits are shaving more than once a week. I am 45 years old, about what a college coach would be. Must be at some level humiliating for them to be doing this musical chairs for spots thing with 8th or 9th graders. Seemed like last year Dom Starsia complained about how embarrassing it is to watch 9th graders play lacrosse. No wait; that was last year. Good for kids and families to get a college opportunity. Not so good for the coaches who will be stuck with kids who may or may not develop in the next 4-5 years before they even get to college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These early recruiting coaches will be doing a resume before the U-13 commits are shaving more than once a week. I am 45 years old, about what a college coach would be. Must be at some level humiliating for them to be doing this musical chairs for spots thing with 8th or 9th graders. Seemed like last year Dom Starsia complained about how embarrassing it is to watch 9th graders play lacrosse. No wait; that was last year. Good for kids and families to get a college opportunity. Not so good for the coaches who will be stuck with kids who may or may not develop in the next 4-5 years before they even get to college.

Recently spoke to an asst coach at a top ACC school who's program is "very concerned about their early commits". Yet it keeps on going... Absolute insane process, best of luck and congrats to the kids. They can only work within the system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will be the first 2018 from LI to announce? Will it be from 91 or Express?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The name of the madlax kid was released - he is not a reclass as he was on the U13 madlax team that went to [lacrosse]'s

Glad he is not older

Who cares if he is a reclass or not? It's none of your business.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One of the extreme kids would be my bet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not 91 or express from what I heard. Kid from another program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This makes sound sense.
http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/be-smart-parents-timing-of-verbal-commmitments/22542

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is more important, early commit or right commit? My son wants to study Bovine Scatology. Most D1 Lacrosse schools offer this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Already done and not 91 or express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Recently spoke to an asst coach at a top ACC school who's program is "very concerned about their early commits". Yet it keeps on going... Absolute insane process, best of luck and congrats to the kids. They can only work within the system.

Yup- I'm sure you DID talk to asst acc coach - trying to get him to look at ur pathetic son. It's incredible the asinine things grown people say!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glad he is not older

Why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is more important, early commit or right commit? My son wants to study Bovine Scatology. Most D1 Lacrosse schools offer this.

I would have to say the right commit, IMO, 95% of the 2018s haven't a clue on what they want to study or what they want to study. If they are committing based on lacrosse, they are going to probably be miserable. I guess parents and players who have gone to the showcases haven't been listening to what the coaches keep emphasizing, "go to the school as if you were not playing a sport and not for the sport." Who knows what might happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a kid in this age group (true 2018 b-day) and we have talked to several schools that have expressed interest. I completely agree that it is too soon, but by the same token, what are we supposed to do? Tell the coach we are not interested in your great school and want to wait two years?

These coaches are all following the early path, they started it, not us. Should we say to a great school no thanks for the offer of $ to attend your school?

UNC, JHP, Michigan, ND, UVA are all doing it. My understanding is that Ivies and Duke want a full year of HS grades first.

I know my kid is not ready to make life choices, but I am pretty sure that sending him to any of the above will not be a mistake...For all the doubters out there, half of these kids would never get into these schools without Lax. Do you know what the acceptance rates at these institutions are? How many of you knew what you wanted to do for a living in college? I sure didn't but the school I went to was the one that I could afford...today, that is more important than anything.

In our house it is grades first, everything else second, but the only way a kid from LI is getting IVY or Duke for that matter is a perfect SAT and a resume that shows that he overcame some tragedy. Or because he can play Lax...

For the UVA, Michigans and others above, they send out plenty of rejection letters to LI every year, if your kid gets into any of them, you should be proud.

Not sure this is worthy of any debate. If your kid gets recruited and you think there is too much risk with a choice to attend ND, then say no and wait and see what happens.

For my family, a kid going to any of the above would be a step above any NYS Suny school...No disrespect to Stony Brook or Albany or Penn State, I am sure they are all great schools, but they aren't UVA, Michigan, Duke...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a kid in this age group (true 2018 b-day) and we have talked to several schools that have expressed interest. I completely agree that it is too soon, but by the same token, what are we supposed to do? Tell the coach we are not interested in your great school and want to wait two years?

These coaches are all following the early path, they started it, not us. Should we say to a great school no thanks for the offer of $ to attend your school?

UNC, JHP, Michigan, ND, UVA are all doing it. My understanding is that Ivies and Duke want a full year of HS grades first.

I know my kid is not ready to make life choices, but I am pretty sure that sending him to any of the above will not be a mistake...For all the doubters out there, half of these kids would never get into these schools without Lax. Do you know what the acceptance rates at these institutions are? How many of you knew what you wanted to do for a living in college? I sure didn't but the school I went to was the one that I could afford...today, that is more important than anything.

In our house it is grades first, everything else second, but the only way a kid from LI is getting IVY or Duke for that matter is a perfect SAT and a resume that shows that he overcame some tragedy. Or because he can play Lax...

For the UVA, Michigans and others above, they send out plenty of rejection letters to LI every year, if your kid gets into any of them, you should be proud.

Not sure this is worthy of any debate. If your kid gets recruited and you think there is too much risk with a choice to attend ND, then say no and wait and see what happens.

For my family, a kid going to any of the above would be a step above any NYS Suny school...No disrespect to Stony Brook or Albany or Penn State, I am sure they are all great schools, but they aren't UVA, Michigan, Duke...

I do agree with most of what you say, but don't group penn state, ranked 37 nationally with the #1 alumni network, with stony brook (82) or albany (128). They are not in the same league!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glad he is not older

Why?

so, basically you are try to say that a U13 [which by the way is 7/8 grade] got a commit from JHU. Must be one heck of a player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup- I'm sure you DID talk to asst acc coach - trying to get him to look at ur pathetic son. It's incredible the asinine things grown people say!!!!

Moron, why the personal attack??? My son is in a great spot, thanks.
Lacrosse is a small world. Think about it. I'm very sorry you have trouble with the truth. By the way, I didn't say it, THE COACH DID! Did I reveal the school? No. Did I reveal any individual recruit? NO. Did I reveal a particular grad year? NO.
It was a perfectly pertinent comment from the inside on early recruiting, something you should be thankful I shared with you.
Something you should keep in mind, when and if your son is ever lucky enough to get noticed. If he's already committed, then keep your eyes wide open.
I guess in your world it couldn't be possible that a recruit doesn't continue to develop the way a particular school would hope. Personally, I feel for the kids, way too much pressure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI, as you refer to SUNY schools, my oldest graduated college 2012, of all his HS friends and they were graduates from schools all over the US, Michigan, Duke, Delaware, Penn IVY. I find it rather comical SUNYs are disregarded as lesser schools, but do hate to tell you the only ones employed before graduating (honestly for some it took a solid year to find employment) were the two who went to Binghamton and SUNY Maritime. The Maritime kid walked into a 110K a year starting job.

The DUKE grad is currently working at the Apple store after some employment as a bartender. The Michigan kid is working for his parents business.

And no my kid unfortunately was not one of the SUNY grads, but one of the other top ranked schools. You can be sure I won't over look the strength of Binghamton or Maritime with my other kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do agree with most of what you say, but don't group penn state, ranked 37 nationally with the #1 alumni network, with stony brook (82) or albany (128). They are not in the same league!

Duke is not equivalent to UVA or Michigan for that matter either!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Moron, why the personal attack??? My son is in a great spot, thanks.
Lacrosse is a small world. Think about it. I'm very sorry you have trouble with the truth. By the way, I didn't say it, THE COACH DID! Did I reveal the school? No. Did I reveal any individual recruit? NO. Did I reveal a particular grad year? NO.
It was a perfectly pertinent comment from the inside on early recruiting, something you should be thankful I shared with you.
Something you should keep in mind, when and if your son is ever lucky enough to get noticed. If he's already committed, then keep your eyes wide open.
I guess in your world it couldn't be possible that a recruit doesn't continue to develop the way a particular school would hope. Personally, I feel for the kids, way too much pressure.

What a debbie downer!! You must be be fun to be around!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
semantics people - this conversation is about 2018 kids getting recruited and committing to colleges before their first day of high school not college rankings - there are doctors and lawyers coming out of a lot of schools and there "bartenders" coming out of ivy's.

My son played against mad lax and said kid was the best player he saw in the grade this year - I think it is even more impressive that he apparently is the same age as most rising freshman and not a "hold back"

my son will go to a few prospect days and tournaments this fall and play in the spring and when we get a full years grades we will decide his best fit academically and lacrosse wise and hope we can find a good match.....I am concerned that we night be missing out on something but this is what we are planning on doing, I am very interested in what others plan on doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glad he is not older

Why?

He's not a U13 player. But regardless, why would you care? If it works for him and his family, more power to them.

so, basically you are try to say that a U13 [which by the way is 7/8 grade] got a commit from JHU. Must be one heck of a player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not mean to offend Suny schools or Penn state or Duke for that matter.

All are great, I went to Suny (not even one of the top four) yet post grad work is really what got me where I am-which is a pretty good place.

My point was simple, how can a kid go wrong committing to one of the top schools in the country that is willing to not only accept his application, but offer a 40% reduction in the cost of tuition?

If he doesn't develop they way they expect and pull the scholarship after one year--if he hates the school after one year--if he wants to study something that the school doesn't offer after one year--He or she can transfer. Lax is not a career it is a game, any kid (or parent) that thinks he will do well without post-grad degrees in today's world is sadly mistaken.

Yes, we all know someone who made it big without college, and ten years from now we will know people that made it big without post grad, but if you are playing the odds and seeing the world, more education = a better life.

If we were just talking about $, all of us would be better off sending our kids to Suffolk or Nassau for two years and then transferring...or spending all the time and money on SAT tutors rather than club dues, hotels, and food...

But my kid, wants to play lacrosse and some of the best institutions in the country are asking him to commit to their program to do just that. Where is the big risk that everyone is concerned about?

Someone please share with me the downside of this decision because I don't see it. Someone mentioned it puts too much pressure on the kid, my kid doesn't feel pressure on lax field, he feels pressure to get 100 on all his exams...

Again, my apologies if I offended anyone by incorrectly grouping schools, that was not my intention.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All are great, I went to Suny (not even one of the top four) yet post grad work is really what got me where I am-which is a pretty good place.

My point was simple, how can a kid go wrong committing to one of the top schools in the country that is willing to not only accept his application, but offer a 40% reduction in the cost of tuition?

If he doesn't develop they way they expect and pull the scholarship after one year--if he hates the school after one year--if he wants to study something that the school doesn't offer after one year--He or she can transfer. Lax is not a career it is a game, any kid (or parent) that thinks he will do well without post-grad degrees in today's world is sadly mistaken.

Yes, we all know someone who made it big without college, and ten years from now we will know people that made it big without post grad, but if you are playing the odds and seeing the world, more education = a better life.

If we were just talking about $, all of us would be better off sending our kids to Suffolk or Nassau for two years and then transferring...or spending all the time and money on SAT tutors rather than club dues, hotels, and food...

But my kid, wants to play lacrosse and some of the best institutions in the country are asking him to commit to their program to do just that. Where is the big risk that everyone is concerned about?

Someone please share with me the downside of this decision because I don't see it. Someone mentioned it puts too much pressure on the kid, my kid doesn't feel pressure on lax field, he feels pressure to get 100 on all his exams...

Again, my apologies if I offended anyone by incorrectly grouping schools, that was not my intention.

There is no downside as far as I'm concerned. I think it is about the right fit and financial situation. Most of the people on here complaining are doing so because they have not gotten any offers. My son is committed to a great school and program. He will be a Jr. this year but committed early last summer. It has actually made him more focused, and he works harder in school knowing the criteria/reputation he must meet. We did not put him into a position he couldn't handle, but where thought he would have the best experience/fit. It is a very exciting time in these boy's lives. Let them enjoy it without all the "what ifs" . There are no guarantees in life, sometimes you must seize the moment (with your eyes wide open!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no downside as far as I'm concerned. I think it is about the right fit and financial situation. Most of the people on here complaining are doing so because they have not gotten any offers. My son is committed to a great school and program. He will be a Jr. this year but committed early last summer. It has actually made him more focused, and he works harder in school knowing the criteria/reputation he must meet. We did not put him into a position he couldn't handle, but where thought he would have the best experience/fit. It is a very exciting time in these boy's lives. Let them enjoy it without all the "what ifs" . There are no guarantees in life, sometimes you must seize the moment (with your eyes wide open!)

You guys are pretty spot on. As the dad of a true 2017 who committed to a top school (a number b/w 1 and 10; not 1'or 10 but somewhere in the middle 2/5th's for those about to attack) we've been through all of what is now going on in the 2018 thread.

I would state to all 2018 parents.....relax....if the kid is good enough he will be noticed with in the next 2-3 years. We took the early commit as many offers came and the kid has a good head on his shoulders and was able to articulate why it was ok to commit now instead of in 2-3 years. It certainly takes some pressure off, but his goals are purely academically inclined and chose the school that offers him the disciplines he was interested in. We know his interests will prob change and that is why a broad spectrum university was chosen such that he could take different paths as his future unfolds.

Enjoy the lacrosse. Don't put any pressure on the kids. Let it unfold. There will be back biters along the way. That is life. Make sure the kid is having fun. If he is talented; he doors will be open. In any case; just be there for him or her and enjoy the ride. It's really short.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, hard to make a mistake with that list of schools but if it turns out bad, transfer is the next step. no harm in that, happens every day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just received notice that my son will not have to apply for the 3d Blue Chip 2015, first round automatic invites going out soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
me too, but this is only for the florida portion. so, you do not need to apply to go to 3d blue chip florida.

these are not invites to jake reed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just received notice that my son will not have to apply for the 3d Blue Chip 2015, first round automatic invites going out soon.

Just received notice that you are a total egomaniac.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha ha...so true! Nevertheless, how soon before someone chimes in with the usual reflexive refrain of "so says the Dad whose kid didn't get an invite."?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats toolbag

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you people come to the site? Makes you happy to post nasty thing anonymously?

I stop by to see what's going on and there are some well articulated positions on various topics, updates on how some other teams performed, and then you sad people with the nasty comments.

Don't you have a dog you can kick? Did the boss yell at you today?

Did you forget that you are supposed to treat people the way you want to be treated?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you people come to the site? Makes you happy to post nasty thing anonymously?

I stop by to see what's going on and there are some well articulated positions on various topics, updates on how some other teams performed, and then you sad people with the nasty comments.

Don't you have a dog you can kick? Did the boss yell at you today?

Did you forget that you are supposed to treat people the way you want to be treated?

this thread has degenerated into the 2017 thread, I fear it will only get worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We recieved the same. We will decline this event for several reasons.

First we went last year. This event is an evaluation/instructional event only. No stand alone recruiting value.

The instruction last year was consistent across all grades. Don't expect to take away much educationally the second time around unless your kid is a slow learner. It is a great opportunity to get reps but there are plenty of cheaper options.

During the event we were given the impression by several players that they were pre-ordained selections to JR. Those boys all received JR invites regardless of how they played. Connections count very much, don't be fooled by what you read on a website. Afterall, this is 3d we are talking about, read the posts on their other evetns such as fl$ 3d

We are waiting for the direct JR invite and are looking at other options in case it doesn't come.

My advice is that if you want to go to Florida in January go to Disney the lines are short in the off season and you will spend less money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First we went last year. This event is an evaluation/instructional event only. No stand alone recruiting value.

The instruction last year was consistent across all grades. Don't expect to take away much educationally the second time around unless your kid is a slow learner. It is a great opportunity to get reps but there are plenty of cheaper options.

During the event we were given the impression by several players that they were pre-ordained selections to JR. Those boys all received JR invites regardless of how they played. Connections count very much, don't be fooled by what you read on a website. Afterall, this is 3d we are talking about, read the posts on their other evetns such as fl$ 3d

We are waiting for the direct JR invite and are looking at other options in case it doesn't come.

My advice is that if you want to go to Florida in January go to Disney the lines are short in the off season and you will spend less money

That is good advice, and this is coming from a 2017 parent. If your son plays on a strong club team at good tournaments against other good teams, that is the best forum to get evaluated. And I'd go for 3-4 Fall / Winter prospect days at schools of highest interest over showcases for money best spent. Lacrosse has gotten so silly with showcases everywhere, and it is not like JR is the only game in town for that like it was only 3-4 years ago. It is also fair to criticize it as a captive 3d event that fills in first with 3d kids. Have to take care of the lacrosse family first I suppose. I would highly recommend to the 2018 parents to get your sons nominated by HS or club coaches for the Adrenaline Black Card. One day, no b.s., cheap and tons of free gear. Oh, and the dozens of top coaches is another plus. Good luck to all the 2018s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe you are reading this wrong, they sent out notices to some stating that they will get the direct invites in September, today, they sent out a letter for those who do not get the direct invite to Jake Reed to sign up for the 3d Blue Chip tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We received an invite to 3d bluechip stating that we did not need to apply to 3d bluechip. Just register and attend in January. We also recieved a follow up clarifying exactly what this was. Apparently there was confusion around these mails.

We did not receive a direct invite to JR. If anyone received something from JR can you confirm what you received. Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice turn out for the free tune up session put on by Igloo, could be a top contender for the older grade teams. A job well done to TA and crew.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Terps or 91 extreme helmets?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice turn out for the free tune up session put on by Igloo, could be a top contender for the older grade teams. A job well done to TA and crew.

Before you hurt yourself patting yourself on the back , understand big difference between kids showing up for free clinic and top A players leaving their team as they get ready for recruiting with an unknown in the showcase world.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bunch of 91 and express, and therashers helmets!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo + Therahers = Lagacy + Riptide = Run Away!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All preparing for their tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big money for a new team!!!!! Big risk for the 2018 to switch to a new team!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo + Therahers = Lagacy + Riptide = Run Away!!

yeah I cryptically posted this would be a Threshers team a while back, guess I was right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Before you hurt yourself patting yourself on the back , understand big difference between kids showing up for free clinic and top A players leaving their team as they get ready for recruiting with an unknown in the showcase world.

you are reading too much into the original comment. everyone knows that igloo has always had a great program for the younger kids, it is only stating that they are now expanding out to the older groups. nothing about top kids leaving their programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big risk switching to any team but you know that some will be forced to find new homes, have to look at options. what is different from this new to an existing organization, they all are money grabbing and most of them are not well run.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never a risk to change from one competitive club to another if a good fit for your family. A bigger risk to remain where your family is less happy.

Big risk switching to any team but you know that some will be forced to find new homes, have to look at options. what is different from this new to an existing organization, they all are money grabbing and most of them are not well run.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are reading too much into the original comment. everyone knows that igloo has always had a great program for the younger kids, it is only stating that they are now expanding out to the older groups. nothing about top kids leaving their programs.

Not reading too much in to it. Just reading it!

"Could be top contender for the older grades"
"Job well done"

Anyone who can make the first two teams of express or 91 , or the top teams of fl$, Jesters or outlaws will not be playing igloo.

Maybe you put together a decent B team at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Job well done"

Anyone who can make the first two teams of express or 91 , or the top teams of fl$, Jesters or outlaws will not be playing igloo.

Don't care about a vs b. This is a recruiting year. I want my son on a team that is going to the Fall Philly, preparing kids for Jake Reed, Maverick and Brine. And planning on doing Adrenaline and NXT next summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Job well done"

Don't care about a vs b. This is a recruiting year. I want my son on a team that is going to the Fall Philly, preparing kids for Jake Reed, Maverick and Brine. And planning on doing Adrenaline and NXT next summer.

The showcases are upon us. Philly individual invites are out. Jake reed invites, and I'm not talking about the watered down 3d tryouts, will go out soon. Same with maverick. Changing teams at this point is risky.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Job well done"

You should care a or b. Worse than not going to showcase is going with average team and getting beat up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Job well done"

The showcases are upon us. Philly individual invites are out. Jake reed invites, and I'm not talking about the watered down 3d tryouts, will go out soon. Same with maverick. Changing teams at this point is risky.

WHen do the Jake reed full invites go out? WHen do you need to sign up for maverick?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 'A' teams...anyone know which teams will have openings?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 'A' teams...anyone know which teams will have openings?

They all have openings, the kid just has to be better than everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd like to hear opinions on the top events of the Fall 2014 season for 2018 teams

Also, is there value for players attending the team portion only of the Philly Freshmen event?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd like to hear opinions on the top events of the Fall 2014 season for 2018 teams

Also, is there value for players attending the team portion only of the Philly Freshmen event?

Coaches were at both days in extreme cold for the 2017's at the Philly SC. Had to be 9 degrees on team day. But here they were with their folding chairs and clip boards!!

AND....your son wants to be there for his TEAM!

Def do philly, maverick , JR ....?brine?....seems there were more this year than last as far as coaches go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly Freshman Showcase, Jake Reed and Rotanz Fall Classic are all the same weekend. Curious as to how others here would rank them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly Freshman Showcase, Jake Reed and Rotanz Fall Classic are all the same weekend. Curious as to how others here would rank them?

Jake Reed fall is a 2nd tier event from what I have heard - Philly is better attended and had better talent based on commits to date

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone check out "@Angrylaxmom" on twitter? Seems pretty funny... lighthearted parody account, something we can all relate to tho!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone check out "@Angrylaxmom" on twitter? Seems pretty funny... lighthearted parody account, something we can all relate to tho!

Ok I just went on that twitter i'm still lmao, funny stuff! I gotta ask my son how to follow it. I know im old! Lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue Chip Freshman Camp fall invites are out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this the event that you have to fly to Charlotte NC for? It is the same weekend as the Philly Freshman event

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who got an invite do you know if they are calling the class of 2018 on the invites sophomores. I guess already referring to the class as rising sophomores for the upcoming summer?

thx

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this the event that you have to fly to Charlotte NC for? It is the same weekend as the Philly Freshman event

Also the same weekend as the "Battle of States Lacrosse Showcase."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone know if the Philly Freshman invites gone out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who got an invite do you know if they are calling the class of 2018 on the invites sophomores. I guess already referring to the class as rising sophomores for the upcoming summer?

thx

No, they are calling it the "2014 fall Nike Blue Chip freshman Lacrosse Camp."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thx

Thx, ours says sophomore so will send an email to clarify, and to the question about Philly Freshmen those invites have been going out, but have no way of knowing where they are in their invite process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thx

Thx, ours says sophomore so will send an email to clarify, and to the question about Philly Freshmen those invites have been going out, but have no way of knowing where they are in their invite process.

These came by 'snailmail.'

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did come the old fashioned way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid just showed me @angrylaxmom on twitter. Ha! That's funny. I know that mom & dad combo, but I'm sure we all do!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid just showed me @angrylaxmom on twitter. Ha! That's funny. I know that mom & dad combo, but I'm sure we all do!

Looks like the crazy mama on twitter @Angrylaxmom is at it again! LOL!

Shanes secret to 2018 stardom:
1 Be older than all
2 Complain
3 Party like @Ty
4 Eat Kale
5 Hydrate
6 Spend LOADS of $$
7 Be HUMBLE

You have to read these tweets, great!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on the Express B team in comparison to their own A team vs other clubs 91 ,outlaws Jesters ect

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express B team listed that the coach will be Mike Demeo however he not even listed as a coach on their own web page what's up.with that sounds like they aren't going to pay much attention to that team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on the Express B team in comparison to their own A team vs other clubs 91 ,outlaws Jesters ect

If your son can make another teams A team, like OL, fl$ or Jesters, you'd be crazy to keep your kid on a B team. Will not get exposure or support on that team. Outlaws Black should be a very competitive team, going to top recruiting venues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your son can make another teams A team, like OL, fl$ or Jesters, you'd be crazy to keep your kid on a B team. Will not get exposure or support on that team. Outlaws Black should be a very competitive team, going to top recruiting venues.

Jesters, Outlaws, and the Tribe beat team 2. They didn't start practice until May.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the word out there on the jesters are they restructuring by bringing in MLL players on the board or is this just a ploy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the word out there on the jesters are they restructuring by bringing in MLL players on the board or is this just a ploy

Just a draw to get more kids to their tryouts. They will have nothing to do with the teams after the tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Time will tell....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is my understanding that RP & MS are now invested owners that have an interest in their success

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a draw to get more kids to their tryouts. They will have nothing to do with the teams after the tryouts.

Not according to website. They will be doing clinics all year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard of the new Inside Lacrosse Fall Individual Invitational series?

The events are throughout October - not sure how this could be a recruiting event since the colleges are in the middle of their own fall ball. I thought HS events were supposed to be November

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard of the new Inside Lacrosse Fall Individual Invitational series?

The events are throughout October - not sure how this could be a recruiting event since the colleges are in the middle of their own fall ball. I thought HS events were supposed to be November

Not sure what the value would be for 2018. D1 coaches can only actively recruit during the Nov period. For older grades it could be valuable for D3 and D2 opportunities. I highly doubt any D2 or D3 schools would be actively recruiting 2018's at this stage of the process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nessum would never give up ownership. The pro players agreed to run clinics and give back a piece. NO PRO PLAYER IS AROUND TO ATTEND TOURNIES IN SUMMER DUE TO THEIR OWN GAME SCHEDULE ESPECIALLY WITH ADDITIONAL TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE. They show up here and there and to local tournies if they have a home game. RP is busy and makes more attending clinics all over not just here on the Island. They like coaching the younger teams because they don't travel as much or the Varsity teams because they dont practice as much or need much. The mid age kids are better off with a good coach that is there day in and day out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son got invite this weekend by email.
Do not know what everyone is taking about snail mail?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mine got a hard copy letter in the mail from Jake reed to go to the fall event in charlotte, i think that is what everyone is talking about re-snail mail...

We are not attending as that is the same weekend as philly freshman showcase.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nessum would never give up ownership. The pro players agreed to run clinics and give back a piece. NO PRO PLAYER IS AROUND TO ATTEND TOURNIES IN SUMMER DUE TO THEIR OWN GAME SCHEDULE ESPECIALLY WITH ADDITIONAL TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE. They show up here and there and to local tournies if they have a home game. RP is busy and makes more attending clinics all over not just here on the Island. They like coaching the younger teams because they don't travel as much or the Varsity teams because they dont practice as much or need much. The mid age kids are better off with a good coach that is there day in and day out.

That was a lot of capitalization and unfounded conjecture.
You and NESSUM must be close that you can speak for him. (It's actually Nessim)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For better or for worse, travel teams are a business and directors appear to make rational decisions based on the best interests of their bottom line. The good news is that these decisions are fairly predictable and often aligned with the desires of players and parents. The bad news is that some tactics that are good for directors are very bad for players and parents.

Travel Team directors, players and parents are aligned around the creation of winning teams and good recruiting results. For example, top teams need to succeed in a couple of dimensions
• Win enough games and tournaments to be invited to top showcases
• Generate enough recruiting commitments to “sell the dream”
• Provide enough practice time that players feel like they are being developed (especially in younger age groups)
• Create a brand that customers want to be affiliated with

There are some areas where directors and players are in conflict
• Teams are incented to recruit as many players as will pay
- This means B, C, D and some E teams exist.
- It also means that some A teams will carry too many players.
• Directors and coaches are incented to keep players who contribute most to ancillary revenue streams. For example, if two players are equal in talent (help team achieve aligned goals above), but one parent is happy to spend up on clinics, 1:1 coaching sessions, shooting sessions, etc. – the parent who pays is more valuable to the director / coach
• Teams want to encourage player loyalty (repeat business), but should not be loyal in return (maximize wins, showcase appearances and commitments)

A purely rational director would have both a best player list as well as a biggest spender list. Team selection would consider both factors and would be constantly testing the bounds of how many parents are willing to pay within an age group.

While this is a purely cynical view, it is important to remember that directors and coaches are people. People do things that are not always rational and can be very, very altruistic, charitable and good. There are definitely directors and coaches putting in time and helping players and parents in ways that will never contribute to the bottom line. The point is that since those behaviors are not aligned with the incentive system, we should not count on it and we should be very grateful when it happens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For better or for worse, travel teams are a business and directors appear to make rational decisions based on the best interests of their bottom line. The good news is that these decisions are fairly predictable and often aligned with the desires of players and parents. The bad news is that some tactics that are good for directors are very bad for players and parents.

Travel Team directors, players and parents are aligned around the creation of winning teams and good recruiting results. For example, top teams need to succeed in a couple of dimensions
• Win enough games and tournaments to be invited to top showcases
• Generate enough recruiting commitments to “sell the dream”
• Provide enough practice time that players feel like they are being developed (especially in younger age groups)
• Create a brand that customers want to be affiliated with

There are some areas where directors and players are in conflict
• Teams are incented to recruit as many players as will pay
- This means B, C, D and some E teams exist.
- It also means that some A teams will carry too many players.
• Directors and coaches are incented to keep players who contribute most to ancillary revenue streams. For example, if two players are equal in talent (help team achieve aligned goals above), but one parent is happy to spend up on clinics, 1:1 coaching sessions, shooting sessions, etc. – the parent who pays is more valuable to the director / coach
• Teams want to encourage player loyalty (repeat business), but should not be loyal in return (maximize wins, showcase appearances and commitments)

A purely rational director would have both a best player list as well as a biggest spender list. Team selection would consider both factors and would be constantly testing the bounds of how many parents are willing to pay within an age group.

While this is a purely cynical view, it is important to remember that directors and coaches are people. People do things that are not always rational and can be very, very altruistic, charitable and good. There are definitely directors and coaches putting in time and helping players and parents in ways that will never contribute to the bottom line. The point is that since those behaviors are not aligned with the incentive system, we should not count on it and we should be very grateful when it happens.

Ok Doc, whatever you say. Is this analysis covered under Obamacare ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we move the club specific conversation ot the club pages. Fall Freshman year is a no joke season for recruiting. My son and I are completely lost.

Our Club is going to what I think are good events. Can somebody please list/rank the Fall 2014 events for 2018 CLub teams and your view on priority ranking. I think Philly Freshman (team event on Sunday) is tops but not sure. Is the fl$ 3d fall event a good event?

For individuals:
Philly Freshman (Saturday individual) - is thie number one as well?
Jake Reed Fall - in Charlotte and same weekend as Philly
Inside Lacrosse Regional - This is only one month away and is also in North Carolina. Is anyone going?

I don't know what else is out there. Please share opinions.

With a limited budget we wnat to make sure we go to the right events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we move the club specific conversation ot the club pages. Fall Freshman year is a no joke season for recruiting. My son and I are completely lost.

Our Club is going to what I think are good events. Can somebody please list/rank the Fall 2014 events for 2018 CLub teams and your view on priority ranking. I think Philly Freshman (team event on Sunday) is tops but not sure. Is the fl$ 3d fall event a good event?

For individuals:
Inside Lacrosse Regional - This is only one month away and is also in North Carolina. Is anyone going?

Philly Freshman is top choice individual and/or team, I would also suggest making sure that your club coaches are getting you invited to individual showcases that are being done by the colleges, they are having them but are limiting it by invitation only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For individuals:

Before anyone goes nuts, below is just one man's opinion...
Fall Individual:
1. Freshman Philly
2. Jake Reed, but same weekend as Philly. If invited to both, must go to Philly. If not go to JR
3. Legacy, NE Fall 120 Showcase, Loaded with D1 coaches.
4. Nat 175
5. K&J, Island Uprising, others
Also, cannot underestimate the value of individual College Prospect days for schools your son has interest in, or for those who have shown interest in your son.
Personally, my son is doing 2or3 showcases 2or3 tourns and a couple of school prospect days. Which by the way is way too much. However, with college prospect days, tourns and showcases your son could be playing every weekend from mid Sept to December. Crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For individuals:

Fall Individual:
1. Freshman Philly
2. Jake Reed, but same weekend as Philly. If invited to both, must go to Philly. If not go to JR
4. Nat 175
Also, cannot underestimate the value of individual College Prospect days for schools your son has interest in, or for those who have shown interest in your son.
Personally, my son is doing 2or3 showcases 2or3 tourns and a couple of school prospect days. Which by the way is way too much. However, with college prospect days, tourns and showcases your son could be playing every weekend from mid Sept to December. Crazy.

Where can one find the info on prospect days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am concerned about college prospect days since we don't even have 1st quarter grades. Not sure we would be at the right schools.

Based on middle school grades and standardized test scores I think he can be Ivy but am just not sure. We take the PSAT as freshmen this fall - I think this wil be a major indicator for us.

Do you treat recruiting like regular application process with "safety" school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For individuals:

Fall Individual:
1. Freshman Philly
4. Nat 175

Where can one find the info on prospect days.

If your son did any recruiting level events this past summer, he must have received emails. Check his email box. They have been coming for a while. Not bragging, just whats happening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am concerned about college prospect days since we don't even have 1st quarter grades. Not sure we would be at the right schools.

Based on middle school grades and standardized test scores I think he can be Ivy but am just not sure. We take the PSAT as freshmen this fall - I think this wil be a major indicator for us.

Do you treat recruiting like regular application process with "safety" school

Ask yourself these questions? Is he all honors with 98 average and no studying? Has he hit puberty yet? When they do, they become less interested in school.... More interested in girls. Does he love school work and have a passion for it? Would he rather read a book than shoot a bucket of balls? The answers to these questions may help you figure out if he's a potential Ivy kid.
As far as safety schools are concerned, unless you have the next Rabil with a 99 average, you might want to think more along the lines of: Let's see what kind of interest he generates... Point is, you may have a great student that some coaches may not be interested in. Or a great player who doesn't quite continue with the middle school grades in HS. It is a moving target at best, with all kinds of ups and downs.
Again, for the Rabil with a 99 average, very easy, take your pick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question for the group, last couple of days received a few invites to some of the prospect days at Duke, Michigan and a couple others. Does everyone get all of these? Is there any value to going or is it a money grab by the schools?

Going to Philly individual and team in Nov, do we really need also to travel to NC or MI?

Thanks in advance to those that may have experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Confirmed verbal commit for 2018, Brian Cameron, NH Tomahawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Committed to UNC. He attends Brewster Academy - is he a reclass/pg kid?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is 23...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you really can't just say "nice job?"

pathetic ingrate!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 black Outlaws
Nov 2nd legacy
Nov 16th philly Showcase
Nov 22nd Something on LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

pathetic ingrate!

Wish we could just say "nice job" unfortunately he may be a holdback cheater. Just want the facts before I say congrats. More and more cheaters out there taking spots from grade appropriate. SAD AND DISGUSTING! So is he legit or not??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good job young man well deserved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you have to be on a top team to get invited to these invitation only showcases? If not can someone please tell me what tournaments or camps my son or his club team should be doing. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, serious question on the recruiting front from a non-hotbed region.

Is there any point of having 2019's play up to a 2018 team if neither starters nor early maturers (not big).

The 2018 team appears much more talented and better coached than the 2019 team (who has new coach), but I would think the kids would get no recruiting attention at all and then, if they ever rejoin the 2019's, it wouldn't be much of a team with their best players playing up previously - which in a non-hotbed region like ours, means the kids don't have a great experience and perhaps switch to other sports. The 2018 team is no powerhouse, but good enough to enter mid-level hotbed tournaments. Conversely, the 2019's may never be good enough to go to hotbed tournaments - though hard to tell if they never have the best kids in the region - so maybe they wouldn't be missing out on anything.

These aren't my kids I'm talking about it - but some of the parents of these are friends and former DI scholarship athletes in other sports and I know they care about recruiting (and their alma mater early recruits).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 black Outlaws
Nov 2nd legacy
Nov 16th philly Showcase
Nov 22nd Something on LI

You sure about 11/16 Philly Showcase? Website has Philly Freshman Showcase Team Invitational on 11/23. Are there 2 Philly Showcases?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly Freshman Showcase - 11/23

Upperclass showcase 11/16

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 black Outlaws
Nov 2nd legacy
Nov 16th philly Showcase
Nov 22nd Something on LI

You sure about 11/16 Philly Showcase? Website has Philly Freshman Showcase Team Invitational on 11/23. Are there 2 Philly Showcases?

Yes your Right They are Playing 23rd. thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

pathetic ingrate!

Wish we could just say "nice job" unfortunately he may be a holdback cheater. Just want the facts before I say congrats. More and more cheaters out there taking spots from grade appropriate. SAD AND DISGUSTING! So is he legit or not??

Reclassed loser, figures!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

pathetic ingrate!

Here we go again. It's not illegal and colleges are more than fine with it. The kid is now at a top tier school. You would do the same for your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 black Outlaws
Nov 2nd legacy
Nov 16th philly Showcase
Nov 22nd Something on LI

Yes your Right They are Playing 23rd. thanks

Are there 2018 teams playing on the 16th?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

pathetic ingrate!

Here we go again. It's not illegal and colleges are more than fine with it. The kid is now at a top tier school. You would do the same for your kid.

Maybe not illegal, but not ethical, but what the hek, do it because you can! Problem with USA kids/parents in general! Sad to see the direction of our country mirrored all around us!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really proud of UNC for this. The kid has been in HS for 1-2 weeks at most (or maybe starts this coming Monday) I guess they don't care about their academic reputation - no surprise the athletic department is constantly being investigated.

Admissions departments should be real proud for allowing Breschi to do this - I will no longer recruit/hire UNC grads - this is disgusting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really proud of UNC for this. The kid has been in HS for 1-2 weeks at most (or maybe starts this coming Monday) I guess they don't care about their academic reputation - no surprise the athletic department is constantly being investigated.

Admissions departments should be real proud for allowing Breschi to do this - I will no longer recruit/hire UNC grads - this is disgusting

Idiot...this does not mean he is admitted to UNC. It is now time for him to prove himself, both in the classroom and on the field. Obviously UNC saw something in this boy that they are willing to take a chance on. It's amazing all the loser LI fathers that whine about reclass, unfair, blah blah blah...it is reclass in other regions and noclass on Long Island..bunch of loud mouthed parents ruining the game of lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When watching highlight videos I see a few things which I dont understand how a D1 recruiter misses.

Size mismatches. For large attackmen I don't see a lot of video against trained and developed D1 caliber Defensemen. A 6-12 inch height advantage will disappear. When evaluating a reclassified player I would look for highlights against mature/skiled defenders. Our team had an early to mature Attackman on our team who has regressed as the world caught up to him.

2-Extensive use of free had to push off and get loose. Do they call wards nowadays? I see a lot of highlights that start with a push off of a defender with a free hand. Why are people publishing these non goals as highlights?

Show me a highlight video of an attackman who consistently and cleanly beats top d-poles from a grade older than his (without cheating) and I will understand the drive to early commit the player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When watching highlight videos I see a few things which I dont understand how a D1 recruiter misses.

Size mismatches. For large attackmen I don't see a lot of video against trained and developed D1 caliber Defensemen. A 6-12 inch height advantage will disappear. When evaluating a reclassified player I would look for highlights against mature/skiled defenders. Our team had an early to mature Attackman on our team who has regressed as the world caught up to him.

your post is spot on except that a kid is not getting recruited only on his highlight films, they might help get him on the radar but for a scholarship player, they will watch the kid in person many many times and that will far outweigh the highlight films. when my older son started sending out his film it led to many calls or e-mails inviting him to visit or to go to the prospect camp and asking for upcoming schedule.
2-Extensive use of free had to push off and get loose. Do they call wards nowadays? I see a lot of highlights that start with a push off of a defender with a free hand. Why are people publishing these non goals as highlights?

Show me a highlight video of an attackman who consistently and cleanly beats top d-poles from a grade older than his (without cheating) and I will understand the drive to early commit the player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok Maryland dad with the reclassed son

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe not illegal, but not ethical, but what the hek, do it because you can! Problem with USA kids/parents in general! Sad to see the direction of our country mirrored all around us!

no less ethical then a 93 GPA, 1200 SAT getting into Harvard because he is a great lacrosse player, when he could never have gotten in as a regular student. I doubt historians will look back on the down fall of our society because of all 150 or so 15 year old 9th graders verbally committing to university.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Colleges do not give scholarships to kids based on highlight videos, it is part of the process and usually just a way to get into the conversation. When my son was being recruited by a top school they must have seen him in person 12 times, prospect day at the school, individual showcases HS and Club teams games and he was seen by 3 different coaches before an offer was made. I agree with you about the highlight videos and can not believe some of the kids put on theirs but it is a small part of the process

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually an 8th grader - his HS has not yet started

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no less ethical then a 93 GPA, 1200 SAT getting into Harvard because he is a great lacrosse player, when he could never have gotten in as a regular student. I doubt historians will look back on the down fall of our society because of all 150 or so 15 year old 9th graders verbally committing to university.

Would never happen at any of the IVYs, don't even go there!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would never happen at any of the IVYs, don't even go there!

You're mis-informed, there are kids with lower credentials that have gotten into high Ivies. I will not disclose names, but their grades weren't even that good. You may not want to believe it, but it's a fact.
Further, there are non-athlete minorities getting into those same Ivies with the grades you mention and not paying a dime to go either. Another fact!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Colleges do not give scholarships to kids based on highlight videos, it is part of the process and usually just a way to get into the conversation. When my son was being recruited by a top school they must have seen him in person 12 times, prospect day at the school, individual showcases HS and Club teams games and he was seen by 3 different coaches before an offer was made. I agree with you about the highlight videos and can not believe some of the kids put on theirs but it is a small part of the process

Honest to goodness truth here. One of my son's teammates committed to Hopkins and they never saw him play. Petro only saw him play after the fact. I have no ideas what if any scholarship money he is receiving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone posted about "prospect" camps at some top schools.

I just saw this for Duke for 2017's and 2018's:

https://dukelacrossecampforboys.com/elite160winter.php

Is this a "prospect camp" or more like a summer camp?

Just curious because I'm new to all this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think a little bit of both. All of these can be a great way to get in front of the coaches, but when possible I would always try to have it warmed up with at least an email prior to going, and the best case scenario would be a call from one of your coaches to see if they have seen your son play and generally feel them out about their level of interest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We got that one emailed to us and was told by club coach to expect it. He called it a prospect day and a must if boy wants that school...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another 2018 to Hopkins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd 2018 commit - Joey Epstein, attack for Mad lax/ Landon to Johns Hopkins according to IL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Someone posted about "prospect" camps at some top schools.

received a mail from Danowski (young one) encouraging my son to register and got excited - saw a tweet from Duke shortly after encouraging the world to register

This is just another money grab

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi can anyone here help me? Yesterday I took my son to the 2018 tryouts it was ran very well 7 if not more evaluators However a man was handing out fliers with some discouraging comments also heard the cops may have responded What's this all about. I really liked what I saw as a team and organization but this other aspect bothers me

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi can anyone here help me? Yesterday I took my son to the 2018 tryouts it was ran very well 7 if not more evaluators However a man was handing out fliers with some discouraging comments also heard the cops may have responded What's this all about. I really liked what I saw as a team and organization but this other aspect bothers me

what organization?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what organization?

Jesters, usual drama surrounding that clown of a director.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That doesn't help whit an explanation were you there or is this your own dislike of the org

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great team. Great coaches. I wouldn't worry about the drama.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think a little bit of both. All of these can be a great way to get in front of the coaches, but when possible I would always try to have it warmed up with at least an email prior to going, and the best case scenario would be a call from one of your coaches to see if they have seen your son play and generally feel them out about their level of interest.

Based on who has registered already from my club, sorry to say, but this is just a summer camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great team. Great coaches. I wouldn't worry about the drama.

How do you know Empire is a "great team" when they hadnt picked it , practiced or played when you posted that response

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on who has registered already from my club, sorry to say, but this is just a summer camp.

No, this is a winter prospect camp, one day only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoke to Duke coach, this is their prospect camp.

Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard