BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 52 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
valid points - if school is better academically than he could get w/o lax or financially it's an "offer you can't refuse". However, when you haven't even stepped on the HS field what is your real incentive to improve? The college coach is saying "You're good enough now, I want you". Not saying every early commit does this, but it is very possible.

Reality check, these boys getting early offers are flat out competitors, doubt that they will wake up and say, I am already committed, no need to try any more...

there is n downside to these early commits, and no, i dont have one

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
valid points - if school is better academically than he could get w/o lax or financially it's an "offer you can't refuse". However, when you haven't even stepped on the HS field what is your real incentive to improve? The college coach is saying "You're good enough now, I want you". Not saying every early commit does this, but it is very possible.

It's clear you never played at a high level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach Boone: I don't scratch my head unless it itches and I don't dance unless I hear some music. I will not be intimidated. That's just the way it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's clear you never played at a high level.
I don't think it is an invalid question. There is a very good player who played for a team that won a NYS championship last year. This kid committed early in 10th grade when that was considered early ,what three years ago. The school isn't known as a great academic institution. This kid won all the awards, IL top 25 etc. He kept up the lax part but not the academic part. He did not enter his committed college this fall with his class. This also happened to a local kid committed to a top 20 D-1 school and never played there. He was one of the top D2 players last year though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reality check, these boys getting early offers are flat out competitors, doubt that they will wake up and say, I am already committed, no need to try any more...

there is n downside to these early commits, and no, i don't have one

How is it possible that ANYONE thinks a 14 year old kid knows where he wants to go to college. After all, aren't they going to college for an education? Someday they won't play lacrosse any more and they will need to make their way in the world.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First official 2018 from Long Island. Terps Villani committs to Maryland

Won't even start on his varsity team. Ha!

That is unkind. How many freshman start at their DI programs? Give us the number genius! Sounds like someone is awfully jealous! A congratulations for the young man is in order!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First official 2018 from Long Island. Terps Villani committs to Maryland

Won't even start on his varsity team. Ha!

That is unkind. How many freshman start at their DI programs? Give us the number genius! Sounds like someone is awfully jealous! A congratulations for the young man is in order!

Who cares if he doesn't start on his HS team? He has 4 yrs to play and enjoy. He will grow, learn and develop like the rest of them and have less stress because a great school already wants him! I see no downside here either. A kid decides to change his mind, he can do so. He decides to quit lacrosse, he will apply like everyone else to other schools. He may only be 14, how many kids do you think know at 17 where they want to really go? At least this kid and other early commits have excellent schools set on their horizons. Congrats to the kid and all the others. Talent only carries you so far- hard work takes you the rest of the way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is it possible that ANYONE thinks a 14 year old kid knows where he wants to go to college. After all, aren't they going to college for an education? Someday they won't play lacrosse any more and they will need to make their way in the world.
Come on, don't you know lax scholarships are huge and you can make the big bucks playing lax after college? Thankfully not everyone on this board has lost all persepctive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another reality check-none of us knew what we wanted to do for a living when we went to college. Even those that thought they did changed majors and feilds, some several times. That is why liberal arts schools and degrees have always been popular.

the only thing my son needs to know is that getting an undergrad degree is not the end game. To compete in life (forget lax) you need post grad in whatever field you choose.

So if Duke or JH or UVA or IVY wants him now because he can play lax, good for him. Anyone that disagrees for thier family can simply decline the offer, in my house we would take it and move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the growth of the sport, I am not sure why colleges, some of which are the best academic institutions in world, are in such a rush to have these kids commit. I know it is a verbal, but wait until senior year to commit. Until the early commits start de-committing (both at the player and college level), you can't blame a family for early committing. It's free.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to George Wichelns, of T91 for verbal to Maryland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not to be out done....91 Extreme Attackman Wichelns commits to Maryland. The second 2018 from Lond Island

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Righty or lefty attack?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do people assume that EVERY 14 year old is NOT mature enough to have an idea what the want to do in the future? Every kid & family is different!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not to be out done....91 Extreme Attackman Wichelns commits to Maryland. The second 2018 from Lond Island

Thats awesome congrats to this young man! How many freshman from Long Island were committed around this time last year? I see there is a bunch committed now (2017 class) for LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes up a verbal commitment to Maryland. As long I am still the coach in 4 years and you maintain a ____ GPA and score a __________ on your SATs and stay out of trouble you're in.

Now replace Maryland for Cornell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats awesome congrats to this young man! How many freshman from Long Island were committed around this time last year? I see there is a bunch committed now (2017 class) for LI.

if memory serves correct, NONE. The first to commit from 2017 was Ara Atayan, M, of Bronxville (N.Y.) committed to North Carolina in November, so that puts the 2018 verbals a 2 months earlier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if memory serves correct, NONE. The first to commit from 2017 was Ara Atayan, M, of Bronxville (N.Y.) committed to North Carolina in November, so that puts the 2018 verbals a 2 months earlier.

Yes, correct. But I think there was a Chaminade or St.Anthony's freshman last year went 1st off L.I.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, correct. But I think there was a Chaminade or St.Anthony's freshman last year went 1st off L.I.

Not sure but you may be referring to Tyler Senerchia, but he didn't commit until around Feb '14.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i believe Kevin Snyder, M/FO, Commack, committed sometime in January, he played for True Blue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes up a verbal commitment to Maryland. As long I am still the coach in 4 years and you maintain a ____ GPA and score a __________ on your SATs and stay out of trouble you're in.

Now replace Maryland for Cornell.

GPA/SAT Graph - UMD
GPA/SAT Graph - Cornell

You can discount each given the admissions assist provided by Lacrosse. Sad to say, but by LI education standards, Maryland is pretty easy to get into even without lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure but you may be referring to Tyler Senerchia, but he didn't commit until around Feb '14.

Yes! That is the STA player I was referring to, but he committed early Dec of 2013. Looks like he was the earliest freshman last year from L.I.-

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i believe Kevin Snyder, M/FO, Commack, committed sometime in January, he played for True Blue.

I think Tyler Senerchia LSM/D, St. Anthony's committed before Snyder

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These early commits are good players but are they the top 2 on long island?
Hard to say there are plenty of players just as good.
Congrats- for contacting schools so early

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The first there long island freshman last year that committed early-

Dec 9, 2013- Tyler Senerchia- LSM/D - St.Anthony's - Bucknell
Dec 17, 2013- Ian Laviano- Attack - CSH - UVA
Dec 22, 2013- Conner DeSimone - Mid- Smithtown East- Hopkins

Looks like all three play for Tenacious Turtles

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not Laviano. 91 takes credit for that one. Sorry Turtle daddy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Laviano played his entire life for the Turtles except last summer. He made committed before ever playing for 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland not as easy for out of state. Always nice to play for the State University that values lacrosse more then any other of the 50 States.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Either way you look at it- its starting earlier. Incredible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right....left 91 now back with turtles. Quick turnaround. Tough to deal with all solo cup WT over there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These early commits are good players but are they the top 2 on long island?
Hard to say there are plenty of players just as good.
Congrats- for contacting schools so early

Not top 2, but top 10. Top three players all play for Chaminade (Goalie (Terps), Defenseman (Extreme), Middie (Extreme)). You can put them in any order you want and will not get an argument. After those three, you can start your list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was PR I am guessing. Clubs need show recruiting results to bolster their effectiveness to prospect players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha! Not a turtle dad but I do my homework. With the grades surrounding my sons age. You also should your homework. Laviano is back with the turtles team, fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ned Braden, 2018 Charlestown, commits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry 91 daddy but look into Laviano's history but you make statements like that. Makes you look foolish when you are so uninformed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACT: Laviano committed to Va as a 91 player, sorry again Turtle daddy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with those 3 chaminade boys. They all want ivy or schools that don't offer without academic records for freshman year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha!!! says who Daddy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACT: Laviano committed to Va as a 91 player, sorry again Turtle daddy!

Lol. Fact: 91 had nothing to do with the kid committing to virginia.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ned Braden, 2018 Charlestown, commits.

It says here he's an American and has a college degree

your dad would give you a job, my dad would give you a job

it's good to have options