BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 52 1 2 49 50 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know express north hired talent from extreme for u15 nationals. Did express long island do the same?
I know Mike C has been added players all season long to the disgust of the parents.
Can any on tell me if the hired talent?
FCA has 3 extreme team members on its team fl$- hired a bunch of talent.
Team long island had lite rosters 16 players I guess all there players could not make age.
Tell me Iam wrong but this just not seem right, if you want to impress me win with the 24 players you started the year with.

MC adds boys throughout the season every year so it's nothing new. It seems all the team were running light and recruited assistance to play, what's wrong with that?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know express north hired talent from extreme for u15 nationals. Did express long island do the same?
I know Mike C has been added players all season long to the disgust of the parents.
Team long island had lite rosters 16 players I guess all there players could not make age.
Tell me Iam wrong but this just not seem right, if you want to impress me win with the 24 players you started the year with.

MC adds boys throughout the season every year so it's nothing new. It seems all the team were running light and recruited assistance to play, what's wrong with that?

I think all this "Championship" does is solidify Extreme as the best 2018 team - Express North and FCA, while good solid teams, wouldn't likely be here without the 91 kids.
And this isn't just about MC, etc...how many kids does 3D move in and out of rosters for stuff like this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing. And this was an age based event, not grade and they checked and verified ages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing. And this was an age based event, not grade and they checked and verified ages.

The Express team did not do well, have not in years, the better kids will not play for Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Express team did not do well, have not in years, the better kids will not play for Express.

They lost 5-4 in the national semi final. That's pretty good. And undefeated up to that point.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They lost 5-4 in the national semi final. That's pretty good. And undefeated up to that point.

Still....haven't won in years! Coaching maybe?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is fine. Last won about 3 years ago.

3D National won two years ago. Players from all over the country. They do have an advantage. Not sure how far they went today but I am told they were excellent yesterday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok this is funny people are on here saying Mike C is a bad coach. I feel the opposite. I have seen him turn mediocre teams into very good ones. No one thought they could compete at the U15 and they made it to the Semi finals losing to another Express team Express North by 1. Please tell me who of all the top teams is a good coach. Lets say the head coaches in 2018. Rank em please and ask yourself has anyone had as much success as director and head coach as MC. I am listing the teams in no particular order and the Long Island Teams that have been around and that I feel are the better teams. Ranking coaches.

Jesters
Extreme
91 Orange
Outlaws
fl$
Express Terps
Team LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok this is funny people are on here saying Mike C is a bad coach. I feel the opposite. I have seen him turn mediocre teams into very good ones. No one thought they could compete at the U15 and they made it to the Semi finals losing to another Express team Express North by 1. Please tell me who of all the top teams is a good coach. Lets say the head coaches in 2018. Rank em please and ask yourself has anyone had as much success as director and head coach as MC. I am listing the teams in no particular order and the Long Island Teams that have been around and that I feel are the better teams. Ranking coaches.

Jesters
Extreme
91 Orange
Outlaws
fl$
Express Terps
Team LI

Look what he did at UA! Had talent, squandered it! Typical!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the person who is constantly bashing express and MC .you are so transparent.
Everyone knows your bitter because your boy got cut. Crawl back into your cave and cause more misery ,

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone knows your bitter because your boy got cut. Crawl back into your cave and cause more misery ,

Nope, you have the wrong person. Just observing how greed and lies can cause the downfall of the once top club on LI. Now all the best players and coaches have gone to Legacy. It's just business. People are looking for the best product.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry Express LI "hired" no talent - just showed up with the same kids who played for them all year (minus a couple of D-I commits). Express North added 4 "hires" (3 from Extreme - 2 DI commits) + 1 Prime Time DI commit. FCA added a bunch of "hires" including a couple of Extreme DI commits and had kids from all over the country (about 13 DI commits in all). Don't know about 3d (who Express LI beat in pool play). With that North beat Express in semi-final by 1 (the "hires" scored 3 of their 5 goals) with Express LI getting 3 shots at end. Very close defensive battle. Express had beaten North (without their "hires") earlier this summer by 1. FCA beat North in the championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, you have the wrong person. Just observing how greed and lies can cause the downfall of the once top club on LI. Now all the best players and coaches have gone to Legacy. It's just business. People are looking for the best product.

We'll see how many Terps are at tryouts. Rumor is MC turned off a lot of boys and they are sick of him, NOT hurt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Express parent here with a kid on the 2018 Terp 1 team - we had a great experience with the team this year and have had no problems at all with MC and will definitely be at the tryouts and if he makes the team will be back next year. - I do not find him to be dishonest at all in fact I think he is brutally honest and that hurts and or turns off some people.

As far as the U15's we had two players play that were not on the team the rest of the year so I do not think we can complain about other teams adding players for this tourney - most of the teams do it. We added a fogo to replace our injured fogo and bought up a 2019 to play up with us both nice players who helped us and played well, I don't think we can complain because other teams did the same thing but got higher quality new players then we did. You can't be a little pregnant you can't be a little guilty of bring new players and then point fingers either you did it or you didn't. Great weekend of lacrosse and I feel that the Express 1 represented themselves well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the scores, it seemed like the top teams at the U15 Nationals had multiple competitive games. Sounds like a lot of fun. FCA sure was an all-star team - just from the championship box you can see they added Duke, UNC, JHU, Maryland and Syracuse commits. In fact, didn't seem like many of the programs there were U9->HS programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the scores, it seemed like the top teams at the U15 Nationals had multiple competitive games. Sounds like a lot of fun. FCA sure was an all-star team - just from the championship box you can see they added Duke, UNC, JHU, Maryland and Syracuse commits. In fact, didn't seem like many of the programs there were U9->HS programs.

Express North, Terps, FCA, fl$, Colorado and 3D Select all added hired guns. Some a bunch, some a few, all had. Only two teams to come with their actual teams that made quarter finals were Team LI and the LI Jesters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express North, Terps, FCA, fl$, Colorado and 3D Select all added hired guns. Some a bunch, some a few, all had. Only two teams to come with their actual teams that made quarter finals were Team LI and the LI Jesters.

mediocre will always rise to the middle - seemed like both of the "pure" teams parents were talking a lot before the tournament but not much after

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

mediocre will always rise to the middle - seemed like both of the "pure" teams parents were talking a lot before the tournament but not much after

And getting kids from better teams than your own so you can win an extra game, always teaches a great lesson. Something to be said for coming with your 'actual" team and doing your best. Clearly lost on someone like you who would rather watch an extreme player win the game for your kid while they watch on the sideline!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And getting kids from better teams than your own so you can win an extra game, always teaches a great lesson. Something to be said for coming with your 'actual" team and doing your best. Clearly lost on someone like you who would rather watch an extreme player win the game for your kid while they watch on the sideline!

Unfortunately that has become the trend in travel lacrosse. It is what it is and will only become worse!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately that has become the trend in travel lacrosse. It is what it is and will only become worse!

You are correct. It's just disappointing to see someone here making negative, ignorant comments about the teams and players doing the right thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct. It's just disappointing to see someone here making negative, ignorant comments about the teams and players doing the right thing.

Not really fl$'s style to add players during the year....are you sure about that one?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure any of us are in the position to say who is/is not doing the right thing. Teams want to win, they do whatever it takes to do so. It's the nature of the beast. Moving forward, it will be extremely difficult for any team to be competitive unless they recruit for these high stakes tournaments. This model has shown to be very successful for teams like FCA and Sweetlax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree but it happened!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are probably 6-12 club teams per age group that will compete and win at the most competitive tournaments. Not sure how players that made the commitment for the summer feel when they bring in ringers just to win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mediocre? I'm a TLI parent, and if beating the Dukes(twice), sweet lax and losing to FCA by 2 goals with our real team is mediocre? Then I am fine with it! All our kids play in all the games! We never lean on a few kids , while the rest stand around and clap! I am sure you are one of those pretentious parents from Xtreme who thinks that because you have a couple of studs (1/2 not even from LI) that it makes your 3 line middy any better. Keep clapping for the other kids and don't worry about our "mediocre" kids. They will be just fine!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we are. Adding players for a tournament and playing over kids who have been there all year is wrong. Don't see how you argue otherwise for a win? What are the "high stakes" you refer to? A medal and a write up for the kid who is not actually on your team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the FCA players really get any satisfaction from winning w strangers? FCA is NOT a team! That is not the spirit here. It would never happen in another sport. you would not be able to hand in a roster the week of the event. It is pathetic!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry Express LI "hired" no talent - just showed up with the same kids who played for them all year (minus a couple of D-I commits). Express North added 4 "hires" (3 from Extreme - 2 DI commits) + 1 Prime Time DI commit. FCA added a bunch of "hires" including a couple of Extreme DI commits and had kids from all over the country (about 13 DI commits in all). Don't know about 3d (who Express LI beat in pool play). With that North beat Express in semi-final by 1 (the "hires" scored 3 of their 5 goals) with Express LI getting 3 shots at end. Very close defensive battle. Express had beaten North (without their "hires") earlier this summer by 1. FCA beat North in the championship.

So you are saying the Express LI FOGO who was there this weekend was on team all year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poaching kids from other club teams to win a U15 tournament. I think we hit a new low.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poaching kids from other club teams to win a U15 tournament. I think we hit a new low.

No. The express parent said it is OK!! Only "mediocre" teams don't cheat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are saying the Express LI FOGO who was there this weekend was on team all year?

You got us there - Express FOGO (DI commit) got hurt earlier this tourney season and is out for the rest of the summer. Team played without a FOGO in one tournament (beat Express North in the that tourney) and then pulled in another FOGO for the last 2 tournaments. Not the same as Express North adding 4 players (3 DI commits) as extra players - not as injury replacements. And as described earlier also added a 2019 LSM for U15 tourney. Both very good players - neither have committed to play in college yet. And nothing like the team FCM put together just for U15.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express north has played express for the last few years. Easy with your hired guns comment. The teams always play great games and get along .in the past all of the games have been great , both teams have won with an edge to LI . LI has brought players in at times for those games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You got us there - Express FOGO (DI commit) got hurt earlier this tourney season and is out for the rest of the summer. Team played without a FOGO in one tournament (beat Express North in the that tourney) and then pulled in another FOGO for the last 2 tournaments. Not the same as Express North adding 4 players (3 DI commits) as extra players - not as injury replacements. And as described earlier also added a 2019 LSM for U15 tourney. Both very good players - neither have committed to play in college yet. And nothing like the team FCM put together just for U15.

So it is true, but no way as bad as the other guys?? If the players are better, its worse? If the are not committed it is ok? All did the same thing, some just did it better. Congrats to the teams that came with their own rosters and competed!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares who won this tournament. A lot of good teams don't even go. There are so many tournaments out there now that you only have 2-3 with most of the top teams anyway. And this isn't one of them. I'm more interested in who the best "players" are in 2018 at this stage and who will continue to improve so they can get on the field in a few years. So are the coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares who won this tournament. A lot of good teams don't even go. There are so many tournaments out there now that you only have 2-3 with most of the top teams anyway. And this isn't one of them. I'm more interested in who the best "players" are in 2018 at this stage and who will continue to improve so they can get on the field in a few years. So are the coaches.

Many of the good teams "can't " go. That's the point. They are loaded with holdbacks, re classes and people just cheating. There were several division one colleges there who seemed to have an intrest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares who brought who. It was an age appropriate high level tourney that produced some great lax. Hopefully US lacrosee now makes changes to the age guidelines (for example, use every birth year, u9, u10, u11, not U9 u11 u13, etc). Kids playing on age up to u15 would be a path in would love to see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The teams that played in to the tournament who have to play all star, made up teams and national teams probably care?

I agree with everything else you said. Would be great to be birth year based for youth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts??? Anyone know or have insight into 'Bluefish Lacrosse?"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
head coach from Hofstra started Bluefish

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
head coach from Hofstra started Bluefish

did they have a team this year? if so, how was the program?

Page 51 of 52 1 2 49 50 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard