BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,649
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 45 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come all the top LI Varsity players are ranked be TY? coincidence? I think not!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because many of the top HS coaches have close connections to the top club teams which is where he gets his info from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Because many of the top HS coaches have close connections to the top club teams which is where he gets his info from.

Like which ones? Besides the Catholics, you are wrong! Ty actually attended a few LI games last season. I guess the game changers he noticed and ranked coincidently were the same ones noticed by Newsday and MSG Varsity. You sound ridiculous with you vendetta against Ty. Please stop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you get so offended by any criticism of Ty Xanders. People are calling it for what is. His audience is 12-16 year olds. Then when a parent finds out that a 24 year old who never played or coached the game has any say on a kids talent or has some college coaches ear....they are shocked. There has never been such agreement on any Lacrosse blog as that fact. It is Ridiculous!!! All anyone wants is for someone more credible and transparent without obvious known conflicts to offer opinions. He has little or no competition right now so he is the lone voice....hopefully that will change. He is way too friendly with certain influential people to have any credibility.

And no one has given any details as to who is funding his new venture. How about full disclosure. Would bet anything that there big time conflicts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like which ones? Besides the Catholics, you are wrong! Ty actually attended a few LI games last season. I guess the game changers he noticed and ranked coincidently were the same ones noticed by Newsday and MSG Varsity. You sound ridiculous with you vendetta against Ty. Please stop

Exactly, all the top lacrosse players are not from LI and MD.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound ridiculous also, very defensive of the Orioles biggest fan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you get so offended by any criticism of Ty Xanders. People are calling it for what is. His audience is 12-16 year olds. Then when a parent finds out that a 24 year old who never played or coached the game has any say on a kids talent or has some college coaches ear....they are shocked. There has never been such agreement on any Lacrosse blog as that fact. It is Ridiculous!!! All anyone wants is for someone more credible and transparent without obvious known conflicts to offer opinions. He has little or no competition right now so he is the lone voice....hopefully that will change. He is way too friendly with certain influential people to have any credibility.

And no one has given any details as to who is funding his new venture. How about full disclosure. Would bet anything that there big time conflicts.

Great post, agree with you completely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares who's funding him. And you never answered my question. How is that reputable LI sources (MSG varsity,etc) come to the same conclusions about who ate the best players on LI? Stats dont lie! Stop being so mad your son wasn't ranked and tell him to work harder!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly, all the top lacrosse players are not from LI and MD.

Actually if you look, many kids outside if LI and MD are ranked. As lax spreads that will increase. Currently, LI and MD and PA are still hotbeds, which explains why those kids are ranked more often. Same thing happens in other sports like football where places like Texas are the hotbeds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares who's funding him. And you never answered my question. How is that reputable LI sources (MSG varsity,etc) come to the same conclusions about who ate the best players on LI? Stats dont lie! Stop being so mad your son wasn't ranked and tell him to work harder!

You tell the guy to tell his kid to work harder. I see that on here EVERY TIME someone mentions Ty Xanders. Work harder has very little to do with being ranked, you can believe your own lies. Mostly ALL the moms & dads on here are dedicated lacrosse people and have boys how are most likely VERY strong lax players, they ALL work hard.

Keep angling & pushing for your son finacially & politically. And most importantly, set the bar that where your son NEVER EXPERIENCES FAILURE. Entitlement is a tough way to go into real life, unless your LOADED.

You "work harder", at being a better parent. Not a ATM parent.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You tell the guy to tell his kid to work harder. I see that on here EVERY TIME someone mentions Ty Xanders. Work harder has very little to do with being ranked, you can believe your own lies. Mostly ALL the moms & dads on here are dedicated lacrosse people and have boys how are most likely VERY strong lax players, they ALL work hard.

Keep angling & pushing for your son finacially & politically. And most importantly, set the bar that where your son NEVER EXPERIENCES FAILURE. Entitlement is a tough way to go into real life, unless your LOADED.

You "work harder", at being a better parent. Not a ATM parent.

You could not be more wrong about my son. We are not well off, my son fought his way through politics, b team bs, etc. He is far from entitled. Nobody worked harder than him to get where he is. We don't "KNOW" anyone, altouough many want to "Know" him now. And yes he is ranked and committed while many of his political connected friends are scratching their heads. He deserves it. It makes me angry when people come on here and try to minimize his accomplishments. Ty may do some favors and leave some out, including one of my son's very well connected friend. But most of the kids on his lists are great, humble, well deserving kids with extrodinary work ethics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ty Xanders makes a comment today as he posted his "analysis" of 2015 players. Its funny how he (and his sugar daddy's) trying to throw people of 2017's off his path of stench--

"This is a list that was done mostly on my own opinions and scouting, as opposed to the younger players’ lists that are done using input from a bevy of high Division I coaches"

LOL. Now we are to believe that a BEVY of HIGH D1 coaches helped you put together a list of 15 and 16 year old players? There is somebody thats "HIGH" and I can tell you its not the BEVY of D1 coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ty Xanders makes a comment today as he posted his "analysis" of 2015 players. Its funny how he (and his sugar daddy's) trying to throw people of 2017's off his path of stench--

"This is a list that was done mostly on my own opinions and scouting, as opposed to the younger players’ lists that are done using input from a bevy of high Division I coaches"

LOL. Now we are to believe that a BEVY of HIGH D1 coaches helped you put together a list of 15 and 16 year old players? There is somebody thats "HIGH" and I can tell you its not the BEVY of D1 coaches.

Yet you continue to hang on his every word! Interesting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The world will hang on his word and "analysis" for a short time, then move on to something else. You think nobody is answering 3d's on-line want ads for paid recruiting event writers? You think IL won't find another 24 year old who can type on a QUERTY keyboard to cover their events? Ty Xanders is on his own, and on his own he is about as interesting as listening to my brother-in-law amble through a Thanksgiving dinner speech about global warming and the threatened species in the North Pole. If you have the endurance to replace me at the table, ping me your deets and I will get back to you. It takes the same endurance to make it through a paragraph written by Ty "me like pronouns and deli meats" Xanders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The world will hang on his word and "analysis" for a short time, then move on to something else. You think nobody is answering 3d's on-line want ads for paid recruiting event writers? You think IL won't find another 24 year old who can type on a QUERTY keyboard to cover their events? Ty Xanders is on his own, and on his own he is about as interesting as listening to my brother-in-law amble through a Thanksgiving dinner speech about global warming and the threatened species in the North Pole. If you have the endurance to replace me at the table, ping me your deets and I will get back to you. It takes the same endurance to make it through a paragraph written by Ty "me like pronouns and deli meats" Xanders.

BOTC Vote, This Nut is from:
A. LI
B. MD
C. Neither...wait that's not possible

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
@Ty: Just nailed down plans to cover the @C2Clax Spotlight on October 18th & 19th down in Dallas. Looking forward to evaluating the South's best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw that 3d rising also has a list of Top 2017's . What is surprising about that list is only 3 of the 30 are from 3d teams considering they have a competitive team in several states. Yet they list several Long Island standouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who looked good at IL Invitational Carolina Showcase this past weekend?
Waiting to hear !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nut? More like comedic genius. I'm from Maryland and no way does anyone from this state have a sense of humor. Has to be LI. Ty, 1980s John Stamos called, he wants his haircut back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is from MD. He said he grew up on the street that Michael Phelps lived on- MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw that 3d rising also has a list of Top 2017's . What is surprising about that list is only 3 of the 30 are from 3d teams considering they have a competitive team in several states. Yet they list several Long Island standouts.

And you don't think Ty is in bed with Munroe? Get your head out of the sand!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all obsessed with Ty. Boarderline creepy! Maybe you will get lucky and he will mention your son

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Xanders is definitely NOT in bed with Munroe. If that was the case their rankings would be more consistent.

One could also argue that they are in competition

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Xanders is definitely NOT in bed with Munroe. If that was the case their rankings would be more consistent.

One could also argue that they are in competition

I disagree, Ty certainly wants to gain favor with Munro.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you don't think Ty is in bed with Munroe? Get your head out of the sand![/quote]

One could also argue that they are in competition [/quote]

I disagree, Ty certainly wants to gain favor with Munro. [/quote]

Ty Xanders is a sole proprietor now and would like to be compensated from any angle possible. 3d is a too big and too obvious one for him to ignore, and I am sure he is knocking on Munro's door. I would question whether Munro would want to invite in an "outsider". It seems everything 3d does is very corporate, deliberate and insular and exclusive to them. Look at what they did to Jake Reed...he is making a lot of dough but seems to be just the name behind a 3d franchise event now. The rest of the club and events lacrosse world operate like guys with a glorified rec program that turned into a money maker. 3d is a business that raised capital and runs like a corporation in the lacrosse industry. I just don't see 3d seeing Ty Xanders as anything but a nuisance and a bug they will squash under their shoe. After all 3d has hired Casey Vock from IL and a few others to do 3d Rising coverage and seem well staffed and moving fast without Xanders anyways. I salute Xanders for having the moxie to try something like this, but frankly I think the kid gets made and his credibility will vaporize quickly. I don't believe he had the maturity to realize that his status was because of an IL and a old money Baltimore franchise where he was a franchisee...kind of like the "big producer broker guy" at Goldman Sachs going off and doing his own thing at a 3rd tier firm and wondering why his clients are not paying him commissions after he leaves. The real question is what does Xanders offer that is distinguished from anyone else who sits in a lawn chair watching lacrosse for 6 hours and then writing one paragraph on 15 kids after that (especially considering the club coaches are filling in a lot of the players and the text on them for Xanders to publish) ??? Sorry, I don't see it sustaining for very long if at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is this, 10+ pages talking about this kid? If that's the case then maybe Xander isn't as worthless as you make him sound. Get a life!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One could also argue that they are in competition [/quote]

I disagree, Ty certainly wants to gain favor with Munro. [/quote]

Ty Xanders is a sole proprietor now and would like to be compensated from any angle possible. 3d is a too big and too obvious one for him to ignore, and I am sure he is knocking on Munro's door. I would question whether Munro would want to invite in an "outsider". It seems everything 3d does is very corporate, deliberate and insular and exclusive to them. Look at what they did to Jake Reed...he is making a lot of dough but seems to be just the name behind a 3d franchise event now. The rest of the club and events lacrosse world operate like guys with a glorified rec program that turned into a money maker. 3d is a business that raised capital and runs like a corporation in the lacrosse industry. I just don't see 3d seeing Ty Xanders as anything but a nuisance and a bug they will squash under their shoe. After all 3d has hired Casey Vock from IL and a few others to do 3d Rising coverage and seem well staffed and moving fast without Xanders anyways. I salute Xanders for having the moxie to try something like this, but frankly I think the kid gets made and his credibility will vaporize quickly. I don't believe he had the maturity to realize that his status was because of an IL and a old money Baltimore franchise where he was a franchisee...kind of like the "big producer broker guy" at Goldman Sachs going off and doing his own thing at a 3rd tier firm and wondering why his clients are not paying him commissions after he leaves. The real question is what does Xanders offer that is distinguished from anyone else who sits in a lawn chair watching lacrosse for 6 hours and then writing one paragraph on 15 kids after that (especially considering the club coaches are filling in a lot of the players and the text on them for Xanders to publish) ??? Sorry, I don't see it sustaining for very long if at all. [/quote]

You make very good points. definitely agree with you. 3d seems to be a well run professional organization. The parents who have kids involved with 3d rave about it and love it.

They have hired several college coaches. The ranking of the 2017's seem to be pretty detailed. They knew everything about the kids even got detailed quotes and information on the kids.

Of course they are running a business as is everyone else but they seem to be much more professional and legit . Many of us in Maryland think it is just a matter of time before Miunro has a strong presence here as well.

A 24 year old kid no matter how likable he is with no lacrosse background cannot compete with that no matter who is funding him

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You make very good points. definitely agree with you. 3d seems to be a well run professional organization. The parents who have kids involved with 3d rave about it and love it.

They have hired several college coaches. The ranking of the 2017's seem to be pretty detailed. They knew everything about the kids even got detailed quotes and information on the kids.

Of course they are running a business as is everyone else but they seem to be much more professional and legit . Many of us in Maryland think it is just a matter of time before Miunro has a strong presence here as well.

A 24 year old kid no matter how likable he is with no lacrosse background cannot compete with that no matter who is funding him

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all obsessed with Ty. Boarderline creepy! Maybe you will get lucky and he will mention your son

Never was obsessed about anyone in my life. All I did was look at the website he tweeted about and posted his silly comment about 2017s in his 2015 story. Unfollowed him on twitter earlier, three other dads I know did same thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never was obsessed about anyone in my life. All I did was look at the website he tweeted about and posted his silly comment about 2017s in his 2015 story. Unfollowed him on twitter earlier, three other dads I know did same thing.

Sounds like you guys all got together on an e-mail chain and decided to unfollow him. I'm sure Ty must be so heartbroken!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you guys all got together on an e-mail chain and decided to unfollow him. I'm sure Ty must be so heartbroken!!!

Haha! Bet they the "unfollowers" are obsessively checking the recruitingrundown website every five minutes in hopes that their son is finally mentioned!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the [******] website?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did someone say 3d was moving fast? The only post they've put up since June has been their rankings, and their new site won't be up until "early 2015". It still looks shady for an event + club business to try and get into rankings and all that jazz that IL once did.

Advantage: the 20-something who you all like to make things up about. Gotta give him credit for a pretty impressive site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wait you will see. 3d will be the source. Ty Xanders has too many conflicts and goes out of his way to support those who support him everyone knows that. He has had no competition until now. He is just the mouth piece of those who now pay him and take care of him only could happen in lacrosse. No one faults the kid he has to earn se money one way or another but don't think he has any clout long term

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I looked at recruitingrundown.com for the first time today & respectfully disagree. This is not a website but more so a blog which costs $2.99 a month to put up via GoDaddy. With a spare hour or two anyone can watch a YouTube video on formatting and links. He's put up most commonly known websites for this sport events and organizations wise, but what is noticeable would be the absence of ads or banner ad references after clicking the links listed. He's not being paid by this website, so what comes of it is being paid for what gets blogged onto the site. Simple stuff I would guess, events pay him to come cover events. I would say from the outside looking in that with roughly 7,600 Twitter followers after more than a year of being the eyes of the lacrosse recruiting scene, that is a pretty unexciting property to this marketing guy. But that may say more negative about lacrosse being too small a fish to make a business like this around rather than a negative onto Ty Xanders. His chances of making money would greatly improve if he did a technical blog about X-Games sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would college coaches want to plant their player evaluations into the social media via IL, 3d, Ty Xanders or anyone else? If I were a D1 coach I would sponge what I could from those websites and twitter accounts and contribute nothing back. If there is a diamond in the rough, or a kid from Canada who has it all except for a write up...why the heck would I want to feed the other NCAA programs I compete with my honest evaluations? Like we all learned from Don Corleone in the Godfather, you never talk about the family business outside of the family. The college coaches I had would never, ever have said or done anything to help a competitor. I privately wonder if the smart ones like Tierney nod and go along with the hype of a kid they don't want to divert attention away from the players they do want. Ever notice how Denver recruits build a ranking and reputation AFTER committing late to Denver?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would college coaches want to plant their player evaluations into the social media via IL, 3d, Ty Xanders or anyone else? If I were a D1 coach I would sponge what I could from those websites and twitter accounts and contribute nothing back. If there is a diamond in the rough, or a kid from Canada who has it all except for a write up...why the heck would I want to feed the other NCAA programs I compete with my honest evaluations? Like we all learned from Don Corleone in the Godfather, you never talk about the family business outside of the family. The college coaches I had would never, ever have said or done anything to help a competitor. I privately wonder if the smart ones like Tierney nod and go along with the hype of a kid they don't want to divert attention away from the players they do want. Ever notice how Denver recruits build a ranking and reputation AFTER committing late to Denver?

YEP! Tierney is no dummy, and he is smart enough to trust his instincts, not what someone else tells him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YEP! Tierney is no dummy, and he is smart enough to trust his instincts, not what someone else tells him.

Notre Dame too. In the final four they had one middie who was huge, fast and strong with a decent stick and he ABUSED an excellent Maryland defense in the semi game. That kid was from some whatever high school in wherever Detroit Michigan suburbs and therefore came out of nowhere for those reasons. ND found that kid because nobody else looked that way. I find it interesting that two programs that are not big early recruiters who also get a lot of off the run recruits filled up half the final four and championship game spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
look at the 3d rising ranks & birthdays

12 of the 30 are kids that would be considered reclassified here in Long island. They have birth days before September.

I think it is worth stating that none of the LI kids in that list are older- so good for them.

I expect that is not the case for the IL list. Why the acceptance of the double standard?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe only 12 kids from LI are legitimately in the top 30. And thatay be generous considering there are great players in non-hot beds who don't get the hype from IL or others. 12 is a big number of you consider how small LI is and if you consider lacrosse to be more than a regional sport.

Page 17 of 45 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard