BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 45 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is it not legal for 24 year olds to have a beer?

Yes without a doubt! But not flaunting it on your social media account where you know there are 1000's of Middle School and HS players following you. That's not illegal either, but its very unprofessional, immature & bad judgment from a person who is involved heavily with HS Sports.

I have a question for you, do you feel Ty Xanders is a public figure?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's is legal to drink if you are over 21 and most of the coaches and parents do it at the tournaments. Relax, nobody is suggesting young kids should drink. Is that all you got?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's is legal to drink if you are over 21 and most of the coaches and parents do it at the tournaments. Relax, nobody is suggesting young kids should drink. Is that all you got?

Actually, is that all YOU got? The poster makes all those valid points and thats what you comeback with? Your sarcastic reacts are very angry, but yet weak. You are extremely defensive of Ty but yet bring nothing to the table in his defense except "he likes writing about lacrosse", really? You (or someone) compared him to other sports writers, so I think it was interesting that someone gave an example of real sports writers compared to Ty and how those men wouldn't conduct themselves in such a unprofessional manner.

You never answered the question nor did you address any of the points made. Instead you attack anyone on here who is not a Ty fan AND you assume that if a mom or dad comes on here and rips Ty that automatically means thier son wasn't ranked. That was another great point then poster made.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your on a field for maybe 3-4 hours. Why does anyone need to drink? Drinking and driving is all that your doing? Great role models

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes without a doubt! But not flaunting it on your social media account where you know there are 1000's of Middle School and HS players following you. That's not illegal either, but its very unprofessional, immature & bad judgment from a person who is involved heavily with HS Sports.

Then unfollow him! Wait, but you're dying to see what he has to say about your son.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then unfollow him! Wait, but you're dying to see what he has to say about your son.

Thats all you got?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your on a field for maybe 3-4 hours. Why does anyone need to drink? Drinking and driving is all that your doing? Great role models

Not everyone drinks and drives. Two beers over a course of 4 hours does not get a person drunk. If I have a beer my wife, drives anyway. A refreshing beverage on a hot summer afternoon is appealing to many people. I still stand by my prediction that the people complaining about Ty have not been recognized by him. My observations have been that he writes about kids that are game-changers and show consistency. He has a nice writing style. My son has been written about a few times and snubed others. Its all good. Just don't understand the hate.
WORK HARDER=GET NOTICED

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup - kids are TOTALLY looking at Ty's pictures then going out and drinking because of it. You wouldn't have issue with a 45-year-old man having pictures of wine but because it's a young kid with a massive following who is a lacrosse writer, it seems to be an issue.

Don't hurt your brains thinking too hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope that the kid is reading this and starts to wisen up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's because the guy supporting him is probably the guy who is either writing his checks or influencing him to write about certain kids that's pretty obvious. If committed kids tweeted the stuff that Xanders tweets there is good chance they could loose their commitment . Other qualified sports writers don't tweet such garbage.

Good for Inside Lacrosse that he is no longer working for them. They should be more careful about who they hire next.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not everyone drinks and drives. Two beers over a course of 4 hours does not get a person drunk. If I have a beer my wife, drives anyway. A refreshing beverage on a hot summer afternoon is appealing to many people. I still stand by my prediction that the people complaining about Ty have not been recognized by him. My observations have been that he writes about kids that are game-changers and show consistency. He has a nice writing style. My son has been written about a few times and snubed others. Its all good. Just don't understand the hate.
WORK HARDER=GET NOTICED

Ok, I'll tell my son to work harder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's because the guy supporting him is probably the guy who is either writing his checks or influencing him to write about certain kids that's pretty obvious. If committed kids tweeted the stuff that Xanders tweets there is good chance they could loose their commitment . Other qualified sports writers don't tweet such garbage.

Good for Inside Lacrosse that he is no longer working for them. They should be more careful about who they hire next.

He definitely teeters the line, but I don't see it as that bad. Examples?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

well said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sad to say but I was at a golf outing and a club director was on the phone with ty giving him names to write up before the event even took place

Have you ever thought of the fact that maybe Ty was just getting names of kids to focus on and watch? Insane interpretation on your end, big dawg!

I don't think IL would have ever let him take money from club teams like it was suggested earlier, especially considering their new events business they've established (yeah right) to take over the summer and fall circuit.

I wouldn't think parents would hold kids back so they could maybe play D1 lacrosse at a crappy school.

I wouldn't think parents would pay $50K + to send a kid to a prep school so maybe he could play D!.

I wouldn't think coaches would put ringers on teams so they would win.

I wouldn't think club coaches would make a promise to a kid he was going to be on a national team only to pay a hefty fee and ride the bench on the local team.

I wouldn't think…….blah blah blah.

In the sport's current climate, I WOULD think that would all of happen. Bad point to try and throw a kid under the bus. I'm sure he knows that he can't always be right but I think you're way off base.

Why do you keep referring to him as a kid...he's 24 years old! He's a grown man. He's doing a job that he fell into and gets paid for. Kudos to him! But, to say some on his list are not absolutely political? That's comical! The politics that take place behind the phones are amazing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know of any 45 year olds tweeting pictures drinking wine. But perhaps you do ....enough said. You and Ty Xanders have a lot in common. That's nothing to be proud of

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 beers in 4 hrs can get you a DUI easily. Are there people like you really parenting children. Maybe there needs to be certain qualifications for posting on here. Go ahead drink 2 beers in 4 hrs then blow a red light good luck when you get pulled over......what a genius. Maybe you can call you buddy Ty Xanders to bail you out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sad to say but I was at a golf outing and a club director was on the phone with ty giving him names to write up before the event even took place

Have you ever thought of the fact that maybe Ty was just getting names of kids to focus on and watch? Insane interpretation on your end, big dawg!

I don't think IL would have ever let him take money from club teams like it was suggested earlier, especially considering their new events business they've established (yeah right) to take over the summer and fall circuit.

I wouldn't think parents would hold kids back so they could maybe play D1 lacrosse at a crappy school.

I wouldn't think parents would pay $50K + to send a kid to a prep school so maybe he could play D!.

I wouldn't think coaches would put ringers on teams so they would win.

I wouldn't think club coaches would make a promise to a kid he was going to be on a national team only to pay a hefty fee and ride the bench on the local team.

I wouldn't think…….blah blah blah.

In the sport's current climate, I WOULD think that would all of happen. Bad point to try and throw a kid under the bus. I'm sure he knows that he can't always be right but I think you're way off base.

Why do you keep referring to him as a kid...he's 24 years old! He's a grown man. He's doing a job that he fell into and gets paid for. Kudos to him! But, to say some on his list are not absolutely political? That's comical! The politics that take place behind the phones are amazing.

Because he is a kid. He has no qualifications. He could not even graduate college. What are his accomplishment and qualifications to be called a man???? But it's ok to write about the kids......crazy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 beers in 4 hrs can get you a DUI easily. Are there people like you really parenting children. Maybe there needs to be certain qualifications for posting on here. Go ahead drink 2 beers in 4 hrs then blow a red light good luck when you get pulled over......what a genius. Maybe you can call you buddy Ty Xanders to bail you out.

You are an idiot, and have your head buried in the sand. A normal adult metabolizes 1 drink per hour. FACT. You would not be at all impaired, not even close having 2 beers in 4 hours. I also said my wife drives if I drink anything. Do you also sit in your hotel room while the other parents and coaches socialize? You are just looking to be a jerk, amazing a grown man can be so jealous of a kid who didn't notice his son, feel sorry for you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep!! He is a kid. Only a kid could get into a mess like this.
He brings onto himself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All human beings need college degrees to be credible?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah if you weigh 90 lbs. You will not be anywhere near DWI or DUI drinking 2 beers( or 2 glasses of wine or 2 shots) in a 4hr period. That is why everyone asked says they only had 2 beers. -Retired P.0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"moron" , "idiot" or "jerk". Whats with the silly name calling garbage on this thread? Seriously, grow up. I guess those are dudes that their wives don't let speak around the house. Gotta come on here and be a tough MAN! Anonymously of course.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The real issue is that Inside Lacrosse along with several other publications have written articles about the importance for the sport to shake it's "Lax Bro, rich kids-behaving-badly" image. The tragic event at UVA, the media circus surrounding Duke and the hazing incidents at Cornell and Bucknell have only reinforced the bratty, entitled public perception of the sport. If the most important rankings and evaluations are coming from a preppy underachiever who tweets about his hangovers, it's really not helping lacrosse gain any kind of credibility.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes a sports writer should have a college degree. Don't most of the people coaching your kids have college degrees. So if some is going observe kids playing and then credibly judge and write about them that person should have a college degree. It's not a stretch. Should that be a reasonable expectation. Or should lacrosse be treated differently than any other sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if he does not have a college degree you don't have to pay him that much

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The real issue is that Inside Lacrosse along with several other publications have written articles about the importance for the sport to shake it's "Lax Bro, rich kids-behaving-badly" image. The tragic event at UVA, the media circus surrounding Duke and the hazing incidents at Cornell and Bucknell have only reinforced the bratty, entitled public perception of the sport. If the most important rankings and evaluations are coming from a preppy underachiever who tweets about his hangovers, it's really not helping lacrosse gain any kind of credibility.

Well you cannot hit the nail on the head any harder than that post. Completely agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't want Bill Gates ranking my kid on his Computer skills as he never graduated from College!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pittsburgh Pirates celebrate playoff birth with champagne in dressing room!!
Thank god my kid doesn't play baseball as they are not role models drinking alcohol during the season!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't want Bill Gates ranking my kid on his Computer skills as he never graduated from College!

Only on BOC can you have a buffoon comparing Ty Xanders to Bill Gates. Sorry genius it's a ridiculous comparison.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is reaching. Bill Gates is one of the leaders in the IT and computer industry. Ty Xanders never played or coached lacrosse at a high level and has some credibility issues to put politely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only on BOC can you have a buffoon comparing Ty Xanders to Bill Gates. Sorry genius it's a ridiculous comparison.

No one is comparing Gates or Obama to Xanders, we all know that's ridiculous. Can't totally discredit him for not having a college degree. Plenty of people don't get them and do just fine in life. I'm sure he learned plenty of what to do and what not to do in life after his years at Inside Lacrosse. We all know that place has lost all credibility anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay Einstein let me get this straight let's skip the college thing after a year (Gates was smart enough to get into Harvard Without lacrosse) and hope that your kid becomes the next billionaire computer programmer and inventor or let's finish college and graduate. I think I'll take my chances with my kid graduating college.

Unfortunately you are probably serious

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Real question for committed folks from 2018 parent.

How much scholorship money are they promissing for 1st year?

Patriot schools look like some but not all provide-

Assume that the duke, uva michigan type schools also provide merit for grades and athletic dollars?

Looking for advice prior to going to a bunch of prospect days for schools we can't afford...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the average is about 30% for the Dukes UVA, Michigans. Some kids get a little more some get less. Do not expect the same from all Patriot schools. They have conference restrictions and not all of them have funding for the 12.6 scholarships that is allowed. The Patriot league just started giving some football scholarships.

Don't count on any merit money for academics this early in high school. It's too early and kids have not even taken the SAT/ACT

As you probably know the Ivies are not allowed to give athletic scholarships, but need based money is quite plentiful if you qualify.

The whole recruiting situation can be very expensive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, this thread is only for ripping writers and rankers...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Assume that the duke, uva michigan type schools also provide merit for grades and athletic dollars?

Looking for advice prior to going to a bunch of prospect days for schools we can't afford...

Any money your son gets from the school is counted against the coaches athletic scholarship money. What this means is that if your son can get need based and academic money he most likely will get no athletic money. Don't let these parents fool you when they talk about all of the money there son's received. If your son qualifies for a decent amount of non athletic money the coach will most likely give him no athletic money so it can be used on another player that may not get as much or any need based or academic money.

When you go to a prospect day the coach will explain this to you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, please stop interrupting the Ty Zanders bashing. I haven;t had this much fun on this board in awhile (got the popcorn out), maybe since the whole hold-back/PG posts. Keep the Ty Zanders convo coming ):

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, please stop interrupting the Ty Zanders bashing. I haven;t had this much fun on this board in awhile (got the popcorn out), maybe since the whole hold-back/PG posts. Keep the Ty Zanders convo coming ):

If you like the hold back posts they have now infiltrated the 2018 thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any money your son gets from the school is counted against the coaches athletic scholarship money. What this means is that if your son can get need based and academic money he most likely will get no athletic money. Don't let these parents fool you when they talk about all of the money there son's received. If your son qualifies for a decent amount of non athletic money the coach will most likely give him no athletic money so it can be used on another player that may not get as much or any need based or academic money.

When you go to a prospect day the coach will explain this to you.

I disagree. We been to 5 schools had 5 meetings and never heard or felt if your son can get need based and academic money he most likely will get no athletic money. I don't mean to be argumentative but I really think EVERY situation is different.

Not in this order but these are the variables,
-Income/Need base
-Your sons ability
-Your sons HS academically and lacrosse program (is he being challenged academically and
-Your sons DESIRE to attend that school (most important IMO)
-How many players committed to THAT school in THAT class (works like a budget)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The gold standard for any non-revenue sport coach at a scholarship school is a top recruit who is also a top student. It is true that most savvy coaches will identify top student candidates who can get some academic merit money. It is spot on that these dollars can be bigger and we all know that men's Title IX money in lacrosse are scarce at 12.6 to go around. Need based money is just that...if you are not a high income family that aid can be substantial as well. I do think it is off to believe that college coaches don't consider recruits who are also more exceptional students in a MUCH higher regard. Beyond the academic money possibilities those are also the kids lesser likely to create problems and get in trouble while in the program...no coach wants a harder job because of player behavior.

And Ty Xanders sucks.

Page 15 of 45 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard