BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Girls 2024 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
BOTC is opening our Fall 2014 through Summer 2015 thread covering the Girls 2024 age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2024 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the right age to consider girls travel lax? I have a 2nd grader who loves the game. When do most clubs start?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is the right age to consider girls travel lax? I have a 2nd grader who loves the game. When do most clubs start?

6th

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"right age" and "when do clubs start" are potentially two very different answers ha.

A few clubs start summer after 3rd grade but most start summer after 4th.

As far as "right" age... no idea.

For a 2nd grader, hopefully your town has a 2nd grade PAL team in spring. Convince her coach to hold a few practices the summer after 2nd grade and take the team to one or two local, less expensive tournaments that have separate divisions for town teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is perfect advice. Well done. It is rare to hear normal advice in these forums.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6th

Yellow Jackets just had their first girl commit to Florida as an 8th grader. Look for a 7th grader to commit this year. 6th grade is way to late. Visit the YJ page to set up personal training at $100 / hour starting in kindergaten. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious for any feedback on anyone who has a daughter playing travel at this early age. I know it starts this early for the boys but is there as much interest for the girls?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both my girls started travel in 7th grade and both are doing fine. save your money, take them to the beach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6th or 7th grade. Unless you want to spend your weeknights at physical therapy and your weekends at lax. Any earlier and I think we set our kids up for some serious physical ailments down the road. My son started 5th grade and daughters at 6th. Wish I would of had the three start all together summer of 7 th. Just my 2 cents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In addition to the above advice, have your daughter play basketball too. Many of those skills translate nicely into lacrosse. Focus on her becoming an athlete through the enjoyment of multiple sports if possible.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it comes down too is there any 2024 LI teams that can beat or has beaten this 'pack team? If the answer is No then you all sound like a bunch of jealous fools. Wouldn't it just be easier to beat them and then talk, than to just throw senseless garbage at this team? Win and there is nothing else to talk about, until then go have a catch with your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it comes down too is there any 2024 LI teams that can beat or has beaten this 'pack team? If the answer is No then you all sound like a bunch of jealous fools. Wouldn't it just be easier to beat them and then talk, than to just throw senseless garbage at this team? Win and there is nothing else to talk about, until then go have a catch with your son.

Are you really talking like this about 3rd graders? Most clubs don't even field teams at that age. Good grief.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey psycho this is a girls thread

Link Copied to Clipboard