BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Re: Girls 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also, same questions as above regarding Yellow Jackets.

Did YJ and M&D play last year? If so, I assume the game(s) wes (were) close?

Two evenly matched teams? If so, fun rivalry to watch in the coming years.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So what makes M&D 2021 so good? Never seen them play, but I assume they too have one or two outstanding players that do a bulk of their scoring. That's how it usually works at this age level.

How about thier defense? Goalkeepers?

One thing only, they dominate the draw. Field play is on par with others maybe below other top teams. When you win nearly every draw, you are a tough team to beat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, here is what we have so far.

Top 2021 Girls Club Teams

1. Top Guns 2020 (Best of any age group. Ever.)
2. (Tie) M&D 2021 Black
YJ Blue (or whatever they are called)

Anything else?

Yes, the sad end to this story is that they will never be the best 7th grade or older team, you will always have to remember back to when they were 6th graders and the good old days.

That's ok it will be a better experience for the remaining players. Unlike most of the parents in the lax world nowadays I will be happy to see the 2020 black team play without the girls that left. Smaller roster and SS coaching them will make them better players. Remember being undefeated means nothing to the college coaches that will be recruiting the girls in three years . Ability to play in the team concept and grow as young ladies on the field and in the classroom is what they will be looking for. The good old days are gone. It was fun to watch the one dominant player take over a game all by herself! I wish her well . I look forward to watching her continue to grow as a player it will be great to see her succeed in life and lacrosse. Good old days , good memories and friendships, better days ahead for all! It's only a game and it will be over before we all know it is.

If you like the team concept in lacrosse then you were better off with SL as coach rather than SS. He promoted that concept. SS to her credit lived and thrived as an isolation player, one of the best ISO players ever. That is what she will be coaching too, great for the couple kids she deems worthy, frustrating for the rest. That being said, 2020 group of parents are the most obnoxious and annoying group ever. This isn't even your age group thread and you have to come on here and make it about you. I thought the dismantling of the 2020 black team would quite all you chest pounders down, your worse than ever. Maybe that's half the reason all the players and coach ditched the team.

Well said except SL promotes the team concept is one of the funniest things I have ever heard. TG 2020 played team concept in blowout games only otherwise it was all thru one kid. East Islip the offense has been run thru 1 kid for years and this year will be no different. 2015 TG slightly different , all offense run thru 2 kids. Not saying he does it out of anything other than necessity but team concept is laughable.

Actually if you watched all those 2020 games, you have it backwards. The isolation player feasted relentlessly on the weak teams and struggled against the tough defense, those games were won through team play. On the HS level running plays through and to certain girls is not the same thing as isolation play. Isolation means clear out fan, get out of the way, one girl is gonna try to dodge, spin bull her way to goal, no matter double or triple team defense. Completely different than running set plays to a cutting shooter, even if it is the same shooter over and over it is still team play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have an idea. Now that we have declared Tog Guns 2020 the best team in the 2021 age group, why don't we move all discussion of that team to the 2020 board?

Thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what makes M&D 2021 so good? Never seen them play, but I assume they too have one or two outstanding players that do a bulk of their scoring. That's how it usually works at this age level.

One thing only, they dominate the draw. Field play is on par with others maybe below other top teams. When you win nearly every draw, you are a tough team to beat.

This is not the case at all. In fact, the draw is one area the team needs to improve in. Unlike many teams, they put some of their highly skilled players on defense. They stay in front of their girls and are very good at clearing the ball. I agree they are relentless on ground balls. It is not one or two girls that dominate the game. They come at you in waves and really there is no drop down when certain players come off the field.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not the case at all. In fact, the draw is one area the team needs to improve in. Unlike many teams, they put some of their highly skilled players on defense. They stay in front of their girls and are very good at clearing the ball. I agree they are relentless on ground balls. It is not one or two girls that dominate the game. They come at you in waves and really there is no drop down when certain players come off the field.

Didn't M&D get tested by Crossfire this weekend, a team comprised of 2 towns and a few friends this weekend. I would be careful before I put them in the untouchable category.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just reading this thread and wanted to say this...I did not see anybody say M&D was untouchable or anything close to that.

Any of these teams can, and all of them will be defeated at some point. However, that does not mean that what the prior poster stated is not true...maybe that team does have a lot of good players and maybe they are good on both ends of the field.

And as far as that goes, Yellow Jackets is well known for bringing teams to Maryland that conveniently leave behind some of the lesser players and then claiming they did not have their full team. In some cases---not saying that was the case here---they brought only who they wanted to bring and left some of the other kids home on purpose.

I have absolutely seen this in the older age groups. So, just like M&D is not untouchable (and I am SURE they are not) I also know that "two towns and some friends" can have a whole range of meanings.

The fact that you seem to express enthusiasm over somebody losing by only 5 3 or 4 goals in a short game tells me that M&D must be a pretty solid squad, even if not untouchable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't M&D get tested by Crossfire this weekend, a team comprised of 2 towns and a few friends this weekend. I would be careful before I put them in the untouchable category.

Don't know what you are talking about. This weekend M&D Beat TLC Red 10-4, YJ(Whatever it was they sent down) 8-3, Heros Green 11-2 and TLC White 16-1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't know what you are talking about. This weekend M&D Beat TLC Red 10-4, YJ(Whatever it was they sent down) 8-3, Heros Green 11-2 and TLC White 16-1

That crossfire team is not any sort of representation of YJ's best. It is true it has a few of the blue players, but also has some gold team players that are even on the bottom end of that team (mainly baggage but their crazy dads pressured so much the coach couldn't say no).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That crossfire team is not any sort of representation of YJ's best. It is true it has a few of the blue players, but also has some gold team players that are even on the bottom end of that team (mainly baggage but their crazy dads pressured so much the coach couldn't say no).

Are you insane? Unless you know the Crossfire team, the coach and their families..shut up already!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

8-3? What game were you watching? I watched a 6-4 game, congrats on that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It looks like someone's daughter wasn't asked to play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

8-3? What game were you watching? I watched a 6-4 game, congrats on that.

It was actually 7-4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In these situations, somebody's daughter is ALWAYS not asked to play.

"Sorry fellow team member that is 18th or 19th on the roster, you cannot play with the Yello....errr....Team Crossfire this week because this is "just a couple towns and some friends."

That's the way they roll.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Sorry fellow team member that is 18th or 19th on the roster, you cannot play with the Yello....errr....Team Crossfire this week because this is "just a couple towns and some friends."

Sad part is they also ruined some other 2021's experience that are not "crossfire" girls, experiences displacing them and making them push up and play with an older team that ignored them at the tournament. No wonder they don't want to pass to certain girls during the season. The resent each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And this is nothing new. Inside the Yellow Jackets thread on this site there was a blow up about 2 years ago when the 2016 team pulled the same stunt at another Maryland Tournament...I just re-read it...they team was called Team Misc.

It was comprised of the top players on the 16 teams ("a couple towns and some friends") and was designed to let the "elite" show their stuff without the bottom feeders dragging them down.

I believe there are other instances as well but I lost my patience going through the thread looking for them.

Here's the thing...have you EVER heard of any other club doing this? EVER? Does wonders for team unity and those 11-12 year old girls a/k/a "teammates" that were not invited.

But again, that is indeed how they roll.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At 2020, first came lady rebels, some people felt left out, got off their asses and started green machine. At 2021, first came crossefire, some people felt left out.... you get the picture.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At 2020, first came lady rebels, some people felt left out, got off their asses and started green machine. At 2021, first came crossefire, some people felt left out.... you get the picture.

Crossfire has been playing together long before this past weekend...no clue why they played under YJ but it's the same girls for wuite some time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just reading this thread and wanted to say this...I did not see anybody say M&D was untouchable or anything close to that.

Any of these teams can, and all of them will be defeated at some point. However, that does not mean that what the prior poster stated is not true...maybe that team does have a lot of good players and maybe they are good on both ends of the field.

And as far as that goes, Yellow Jackets is well known for bringing teams to Maryland that conveniently leave behind some of the lesser players and then claiming they did not have their full team. In some cases---not saying that was the case here---they brought only who they wanted to bring and left some of the other kids home on purpose.

I have absolutely seen this in the older age groups. So, just like M&D is not untouchable (and I am SURE they are not) I also know that "two towns and some friends" can have a whole range of meanings.

The fact that you seem to express enthusiasm over somebody losing by only 5 3 or 4 goals in a short game tells me that M&D must be a pretty solid squad, even if not untouchable.

M&D has not lost to YJ the two times they played so they are the champs until someone beats them. M&D can only play who shows-up so YJ nation just has to deal with it until this summer. As for the above, page 397 of the Top Guns forum started to address this long before the tourney results were finalized. The title of the entry by the YJ organization for the 2021 age group was YJ-Miller and not YJ-Blue. This was done to distinguish the top summer travel team from this combination of YJ and non-YJ players, many of which are part of the Crossfire team. No offense to the non-YJ players but this does create problems within the YJ organization as several YJ 2021 players were "stuck" with 2020 age teams and a couple of others were closed out of registration because the non-YJ players filled up the allowable roster spots. Some of these players are very good and would have added value.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crossfire has been playing together long before this past weekend...no clue why they played under YJ but it's the same girls for wuite some time.

This is not about the non-YJ Crossfire girls, they are innocent participants in this event. However, it negatively impacted several current YJ players and thus is being discussed critically. I agree with that criticism.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M+D are very skilled but careful anointing a "best" team one tournament jnto fall ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody anointed a best team. Just talking about the top teams. Nothing...and I mean NOTHING...is less predictable than the collective efforts of 11 and 12 year old girls.

However, there are enough games that have been played in the last 6 months to start talking about what teams seem to playing the best. M&D and Yellow Jackets are the usual suspects. I think the discussion was intended to be, what makes those two teams so strong. One person said draw control for M&D.

Just curious what other attributes M&D and Yellow Jackets possess at 2021 that make them good teams? And by all means, if there is another team anybody wants to talk about, let's do it.

I have not seen M&D...that's why I asked the question. I know one thing, it is pretty inspiring to watch any of these top teams at this age group and see kids that age playing at a high level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody anointed a best team. Just talking about the top teams. Nothing...and I mean NOTHING...is less predictable than the collective efforts of 11 and 12 year old girls.

However, there are enough games that have been played in the last 6 months to start talking about what teams seem to playing the best. M&D and Yellow Jackets are the usual suspects. I think the discussion was intended to be, what makes those two teams so strong. One person said draw control for M&D.

Just curious what other attributes M&D and Yellow Jackets possess at 2021 that make them good teams? And by all means, if there is another team anybody wants to talk about, let's do it.

I have not seen M&D...that's why I asked the question. I know one thing, it is pretty inspiring to watch any of these top teams at this age group and see kids that age playing at a high level.

M&D is not great at draw control. It is actually one of their few weaknesses at this point. The team that gave M&D the most trouble last year was Redshirts out of Baltimore. They played 5 times and M&D was 4-0-1 against them, but that tie was the only game that M&D didn't win against 2021 competition last year. They lost 3 games all year, 2 against 2019 teams and one to Skywalkers 2020 Blue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And this is nothing new. Inside the Yellow Jackets thread on this site there was a blow up about 2 years ago when the 2016 team pulled the same stunt at another Maryland Tournament...I just re-read it...they team was called Team Misc.

It was comprised of the top players on the 16 teams ("a couple towns and some friends") and was designed to let the "elite" show their stuff without the bottom feeders dragging them down.

I believe there are other instances as well but I lost my patience going through the thread looking for them.

Here's the thing...have you EVER heard of any other club doing this? EVER? Does wonders for team unity and those 11-12 year old girls a/k/a "teammates" that were not invited.

But again, that is indeed how they roll.

You really must be a giant loser, you go back 2 years to find nonsense and then just add in your own ignorant thoughts about a team that was put into a tournament by a parent in a tournament that YJ did not attend." Does wonders for team unity", well it must have because I believe that is about the time YJ 2016 went on a major winning streak beating MD 4-5 times in a row and TG 3-4 times in a row. So much for unity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sad part is they also ruined some other 2021's experience that are not "crossfire" girls, experiences displacing them and making them push up and play with an older team that ignored them at the tournament. No wonder they don't want to pass to certain girls during the season. The resent each other.

Maybe those girls who were displaced just are not that good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not nonsense. It is disloyalty and selfishness taken to the highest degree.

And, those families that have been excluded from these various teams tend to agree. Just ask them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disloyalty? Selfishness? displacing?

Crossfire is two towns that didn't have enough kids to create their own travel team a few years back so they got together and added a few kids from nearby towns to fill out a roster. The team has YJ, TG, BB and Blue Devils players on it. It's intent was to give the girls an opportunity to play in tournaments that their teams weren't entered in or, in the case of last weekend, not enough players were entered.
If anyone was watching the YJ rosters when registration for the event was closed there were only 7 2021s registered and they were added into the 2020 teams. There was no 2021 team registered. The CF coaches contact YJ, ask to pull the 4 CF kids off the YJ 2020 rosters and bring the rest of their team down.
No displacement, there was never a YJ 2021 registered. No disloyalty, if there was a full team the girls would have played for their YJ teams. No selfishness, if your kid lived in their school districts they would have been on the team.
No drama, definitely not a showcase team, just a bunch of kids that play in local tournaments outside of their travel programs when they can. This was their first trip off the island.
M&D has a very good team but give CF some credit, they were down 4 to 0, came back and road 4 to 3 into the final few minutes of play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crossfire is two towns that didn't have enough kids to create their own travel team a few years back so they got together and added a few kids from nearby towns to fill out a roster. The team has YJ, TG, BB and Blue Devils players on it. It's intent was to give the girls an opportunity to play in tournaments that their teams weren't entered in or, in the case of last weekend, not enough players were entered.
If anyone was watching the YJ rosters when registration for the event was closed there were only 7 2021s registered and they were added into the 2020 teams. There was no 2021 team registered. The CF coaches contact YJ, ask to pull the 4 CF kids off the YJ 2020 rosters and bring the rest of their team down.
No displacement, there was never a YJ 2021 registered. No disloyalty, if there was a full team the girls would have played for their YJ teams. No selfishness, if your kid lived in their school districts they would have been on the team.
No drama, definitely not a showcase team, just a bunch of kids that play in local tournaments outside of their travel programs when they can. This was their first trip off the island.
M&D has a very good team but give CF some credit, they were down 4 to 0, came back and road 4 to 3 into the final few minutes of play.

What two towns is crossfire from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The town of Long.

And the town of Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then don't put yourselves in under the YJ banner, some might think that was done to kiss CR butt, like letting her use your restaurant for the YJ party etc. Parentsxlet your kids abilities speak for themselves and stop playing the political nonsense , that is if your kid is really that good .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM, BBP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is absolutely incorrect. There was well over a dozen YJ 2021 players on two different mixed rosters with 2020 players. They easily could have run an effective 2021 team with that group and other girls that were shut out of registration due to this Crossfire nonsense. If you look at the roster that attended, 15 of the girls. Have a YJ affiliation and althought they may also have a crossfire relationship, YJ could have easily run a 2021 team without the non-YJ Crossfire players. Not every player on the roster played for Crossfire before this tourney so it was not just team Crossfire. Several YJ Blue and Gold 2021 played on a 2020 team at this tourney to accommodate non-YJ Crossfire players which is absolute BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can twist it however you want. The reality is, it's not a YJ team, not a TG team. Not playing politics and sucking up to CR or SS. Going in under YJ was because a number of the kids had already registered as YJ. No big deception or political plot. Just some kids/parents that are good friends and like to play lacrosse together. It has nothing to do with showing off any one kids abilities. They're just out to have fun as the game was intended.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck with that...another guy from one of those towns did same thing a couple years ago on a year older team and was crucified. Lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can twist it however you want. The reality is, it's not a YJ team, not a TG team. Not playing politics and sucking up to CR or SS. Going in under YJ was because a number of the kids had already registered as YJ. No big deception or political plot. Just some kids/parents that are good friends and like to play lacrosse together. It has nothing to do with showing off any one kids abilities. They're just out to have fun as the game was intended.

I am sure it was that innocent. However, who decided on which 2021 YJ got shipped to a 2020 team, CR, Coach M, did he have input? The end result were several current 2021 YJ Blue and Gold players feeling really left out in the 2020 world. Not a nice thing to do to your teammates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure it was that innocent. However, who decided on which 2021 YJ got shipped to a 2020 team, CR, Coach M, did he have input? The end result were several current 2021 YJ Blue and Gold players feeling really left out in the 2020 world. Not a nice thing to do to your teammates.

The best played for crossfire. The rest played with 2020, that's it simple. End the conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So wait. You mean this wasn't simply a bunch of blue collar girls from two towns (and some friends) thrown together to just go out there, toss the ball 'round best they could, aw shucks, just have a little fun?

You mean to tell us that some kids were pushed to another team and it had nothing to do with that wholesome, homespun, story we were reading above?

You, know, these stories are almost always too good to be true. Here I was thinking the stars aligned and a bunch of ponytailed rec level kids pooled their resources, hired a couple late model Buick Roadmasters and in true Bad News Bears fashion almost tilted the girls lax world on its M&D axis. Bruce Springsteen was already writing the lyrics to "Small Town Girls and Their Friends" and now we find out it was all just a ruse.

Those rascally Yellow Jackets!!! What was it that Forrest Gump said? The Yellow Jackets are like a box of chocolate...you never know what you're gonna get."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best played for crossfire. The rest played with 2020, that's it simple. End the conversation.

Are a lot of the best players from the 2 towns Crossfire originates from? Yes
Do all but 2 players that travelled to MD play for them usually ? Yes
Did YJ's not have enough in the 2021 age group to form a team? Yes
Did a lot of girls get to play lax? Yes
Do you play with people other than your normal team when you sign up for any YJ fall tournament? Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you play with people other than your normal team when you sign up for any YJ fall tournament? Yes

Do the girls who played up belong on blue? No

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do the girls who played up belong on blue? No

Sad days 2021 parents. Friends and Family alive and well, Might be your kid left out next time. YJ had plenty of 2021 registered on the first and second set of rosters, they were dispersed to play with the 2020s who were helping the 2019s field a team. Apologies to the kids that were left out, sorry it went down that way, you deserve better.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard