BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Girls 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
Chief Admin
OP Online Content
Chief Admin
BOTC is opening our Fall 2014 through Summer 2015 thread covering the Girls 2018 age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beside the big 2, who are some of the other LI girls clubs that have a competitive 2018 girls team. I made this specific to 2018 and we are looking for 2018 teams that might fly under the radar and clubs where the parents and girls don't want to subscribe to the CR or SS drama. This does not give free reign to bash any teams but it is more of a way to find alternative options for that year. If a team has some talent but is not deep, say it, but don't say the team stinks.
thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have heard some good things about team elevate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

yj is one and elevate is number two on long island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate does have three teams in 2018 but they are not better than TG for 2018. They are probably third.
For smaller clubs, Beach Bums and Title 9 have some talent but both clubs play some away tournaments and some LI tournaments.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate does have three teams in 2018 but they are not better than TG for 2018. They are probably third.
For smaller clubs, Beach Bums and Title 9 have some talent but both clubs play some away tournaments and some LI tournaments.

Watched both clubs play last summer. I would take Elevate Blue over TG Black and Elevate Red over TG White and Purple. TG has lost players to YJ and Elevate over the last couple of years and are on their way down. Elevate is moving up. Hopefully they will play this summer but I would go with this if I were looking. I think the other 2018s on LI fall down very fast after these teams and wouldnt be in this category at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry But If You think Elevate is better than TG black at any age group other than possibly 2017 you haven't been watching

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry But If You think Elevate is better than TG black at any age group other than possibly 2017 you haven't been watching

TG 2021 lost to elevate at national draw last year and elevate was much better, so is 2017 for sure and others. Sounds like you haven't been watching. TG is not what it was. The only TG team better than elevate is 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately the top Elevate 2018 team has never beaten the TG 2018 Black...so until something changes (like they play this summer) TG 2018 Black will be considered better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry don't pay attention to travel below middle school

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 Elevate nice team know a lot of girls on it, not even close to 16 black

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately the top Elevate 2018 team has never beaten the TG 2018 Black...so until something changes (like they play this summer) TG 2018 Black will be considered better.

Why? You can use same logic and say until they play elevate will be considered better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? You can use same logic and say until they play elevate will be considered better.

Stop all the non-sense. No reason to debate this crap. The only people this matters to is the parents. Kids don;t care and college coaches don't care. Put your egos aside.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By saying not beaten...I meant TG 2018 Black has beaten them at least 3 times in the past...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By saying not beaten...I meant TG 2018 Black has beaten them at least 3 times in the past...

The last time they played was Fall 2013 in TGs tournament....a joke. Yes TG won when all they did the second half was go straight to goal by one player. Elevate's team is better, stronger, faster and has picked up many strong acquisitions since that time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The last time they played was Fall 2013 in TGs tournament....a joke. Yes TG won when all they did the second half was go straight to goal by one player. Elevate's team is better, stronger, faster and has picked up many strong acquisitions since that time.

elevate has lost players at every age group, that's why they no longer post rosters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

elevate has lost players at every age group, that's why they no longer post rosters

Maybe they don't post the rosters so internet trolls like you who like to stalk young girls don;t have access to them. Just a thought.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate has more former TG girls on their roster this year than they have ever had before because of all the unhappy TG girls leaving. My take on Elevate / TG is this. Elevate is attratcing better you talent and you will see that this summer. I know I know.... you dont follow 4/5/6th grade lax so who cares - but the truth is - when your team wins you actually do fllow it. This summer, you will see Elevate beat TG teams in the 2021, 22 and 23 age groups and this is dues to Elevate attracting strong players that dont want to deal ith the BS at TG. In some of the older age groups 2016 and 2017 Elevate will most likely beat TG as well. The 2019 and 2020 I think TG has better players as TG was getting those better players years back, which is what Elevate is doing now and why Elevate would be my preference over TG for the future. That said, both clubs are a big step below YJ at most age groups especially 2018, 2019 and 2020. YJ will be very strong this summer in those age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevato is in the same caliber as beach bums and wave.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny you should say that as Elevate played both those teams last summer. The Elevate Red team crushed Beach Bums at a tournament in NJ and the Elevate Blue team beat the Wave so bad in a tournament in MA the refs had to invoke the mercy rule. The Wave was down so many goals, they played PAL rules where the Wave would start with the ball after the goal so there was no draw. Those teams are not even close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny you should say that as Elevate played both those teams last summer. The Elevate Red team crushed Beach Bums at a tournament in NJ and the Elevate Blue team beat the Wave so bad in a tournament in MA the refs had to invoke the mercy rule. The Wave was down so many goals, they played PAL rules where the Wave would start with the ball after the goal so there was no draw. Those teams are not even close.

I'm going to keep writing this - do not get into this with these internet trolls. As soon as I saw the original post I said to myself - here we go - this is going to turn into a mess.

Let the girls play and parents - stop living through your daughter's summer travel team. So many of you parents don;t get what this should be about - you are in it for the wrong reasons. Leave the girls alone!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate has more former TG girls on their roster this year than they have ever had before because of all the unhappy TG girls leaving. My take on Elevate / TG is this. Elevate is attratcing better you talent and you will see that this summer. I know I know.... you dont follow 4/5/6th grade lax so who cares - but the truth is - when your team wins you actually do fllow it. This summer, you will see Elevate beat TG teams in the 2021, 22 and 23 age groups and this is dues to Elevate attracting strong players that dont want to deal ith the BS at TG. In some of the older age groups 2016 and 2017 Elevate will most likely beat TG as well. The 2019 and 2020 I think TG has better players as TG was getting those better players years back, which is what Elevate is doing now and why Elevate would be my preference over TG for the future. That said, both clubs are a big step below YJ at most age groups especially 2018, 2019 and 2020. YJ will be very strong this summer in those age groups.

I agree, seeing what is out there and what is going on in the younger grades Elevate may be the better of the teams. Elevate and Legacy are up and coming teams. Elevate has been around longer so they will be better quicker. Beach Bums is on the down trotted side of things happened after the merge with Rip Curls. Wave has a great philosophy and some good coaching. They could also be a great options for those younger years. YJ and TG will still attract players no saying where they will be going forward there may just be more parity and options on the Island for girls lax.

but this is a 2018 post so sorry for the babble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry don't pay attention to travel below middle school

I realize this is a troll post because you can't be that ignorant to say that 2018 is below ms. That said, 2018 is interesting because the girls will be going into 10th grade this fall so this summers tournaments are (or should be)the first exposure to recruiting. Unless you are on the top club (maybe the top 2 for YJ) of YJ TG or Elevate, I think you would be better off being on a smaller club with talent. My daughters club has one team in each age bracket and they did not take girls from tryouts just for the sake of money. I'm sure these girls found a home on one of the other clubs bottom teams but that doesn't matter to me. My daughter is happy on the team and the team has talent and a roster of less than 20 so that all the girls will see good minutes and the coach promotes teamwork and conditioning; traits, along with skills, that college coaches are looking for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate has more former TG girls on their roster this year than they have ever had before because of all the unhappy TG girls leaving. My take on Elevate / TG is this. Elevate is attratcing better you talent and you will see that this summer. I know I know.... you dont follow 4/5/6th grade lax so who cares - but the truth is - when your team wins you actually do fllow it. This summer, you will see Elevate beat TG teams in the 2021, 22 and 23 age groups and this is dues to Elevate attracting strong players that dont want to deal ith the BS at TG. In some of the older age groups 2016 and 2017 Elevate will most likely beat TG as well. The 2019 and 2020 I think TG has better players as TG was getting those better players years back, which is what Elevate is doing now and why Elevate would be my preference over TG for the future. That said, both clubs are a big step below YJ at most age groups especially 2018, 2019 and 2020. YJ will be very strong this summer in those age groups. [/quote]

I agree, seeing what is out there and what is going on in the younger grades Elevate may be the better of the teams. Elevate and Legacy are up and coming teams. Elevate has been around longer so they will be better quicker. Beach Bums is on the down trotted side of things happened after the merge with Rip Curls. Wave has a great philosophy and some good coaching. They could also be a great options for those younger years. YJ and TG will still attract players no saying where they will be going forward there may just be more parity and options on the Island for girls lax.

but this is a 2018 post so sorry for the babble. [/quote]

Legacy? DO they even have a girls program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this elevate parent is writing and responding to his own posts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

but this is a 2018 post so sorry for the babble. [/quote]

Legacy? DO they even have a girls program?[/quote]
I will answer you in the event you are not a troll.
It's not listed above under girls clubs but they did start a girls program. If you go to the legacy site it shows the girls program. They have teams in the younger age groups.

Please no one answer who started the club because we will then know it was a troll post and it has nothing to do with the Girls 2018 topic.

User
User

There are several contributors to this discussion with none responding to their own posts.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

There are several contributors to this discussion with none responding to their own posts.

none of the players going to elevate (or legacy for that matter)from yj and tg are from the top teams, they are from 3-5 teams - I know a few of them. and as an aside, elevate parents may have already surpassed yj as the most obnoxious group of people to watch a game with - discuss...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As far as I know no girls from TG 2018 Black left for Elevate. The big exodus from TG Black was 2 years ago (at least that is what a post a while ago said) when 5 girls left TG 2018 Black altogether with 4 going to YJ (two to their top team and two to the second team) That coincided with SS starting to get heavily involved with Hofstra and there being no continuity with who was coaching the team from tournament to tournament.
IMHO, the Elevate top team is nowhere as good as the TG Black team and the YJ CR team is better than both and the gap between Elevate and TG is larger than the gap between TG and YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

none of the players going to elevate (or legacy for that matter)from yj and tg are from the top teams, they are from 3-5 teams - I know a few of them. and as an aside, elevate parents may have already surpassed yj as the most obnoxious group of people to watch a game with - discuss...

Elevate Parents - please do not post anything in return back to these "people." They have no good intentions and are just looking to start drama. Leave them alone and let them keep trashing and posting. We don;t need this - they do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has any LI 2018 team ever beaten either skywalkers blue or M&D black ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baeten them, never heard of them. Can't beat teams that don't go to the premier tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baeten them, never heard of them. Can't beat teams that don't go to the premier tournaments.
Only two of the top if not the top teams in the country. Maybe you are not going to the premier tournaments b/c I can assure you these two teams are at the best tournaments and often winning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must mistakenly think you are on a boys 2018 thread, either that or you have no clue whatsoever. No doubt both these teams are 2 of top 5 in country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best girls clubs are 91, wave, beach bums and fl$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best girls clubs are 91, wave, beach bums and fl$

Obviously a joke - as this is the bottom of the barrel especially 91 and fl$ but that would be a competitive tournament filled with uncompetitive teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2018 Blue has beaten both Skywalkers and M & D Black. ALWAYS a great game to watch!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2018 Blue has beaten both Skywalkers and M & D Black. ALWAYS a great game to watch!!

All those three teams have won and lost to the other two, and are the only teams they have given up losses to. Skywalkers has the upper hand on recent wins and seems to be the top team in the age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think this elevate parent is writing and responding to his own posts.

Elevate Parents - please do not post anything in return back to these "people." They have no good intentions and are just looking to start drama. Leave them alone and let them keep trashing and posting. We don;t need this - they do.
[/quote

Good idea stop posting on every thread but your own - oh thats right elevate is irrelevant and has no thread

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think this elevate parent is writing and responding to his own posts.

[/quote

Good idea stop posting on every thread but your own - oh thats right elevate is irrelevant and has no thread

I have been reading these boards since the get go, must be about 6 years the best I can figure. But I am pretty sure either boardlord or cagesage once upon a time had a elevate thread. Beach bums Liberty and a few others as well. Like many threads, they didn't generate much traffic and slipped away. Seems to be the club has come on strong of late, at or around the strength of TG. Maybe its time to try the thread again as there seems to be a large number of elevate people/parents spending time on the TG/YJ threads.

User
User
Team Elevate now has it's own thread. Have fun!!

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the summer tournament season is in full swing, it would be great if we could get an update on how the 2018 teams did in each of the tournaments. It would even be better if it was done in a positive manner. Anyone want to fill us in on last weekend? It would also be good if we knew what out of state teams looked good and also how teams from LI did against each other. But KEEP IT POSITIVE!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really in full swing...last week was basically the first summer tournament of the year. The Lax Inception is this weekend and it looks to have more teams involved in all age groups. The 2018 pool at last weeks Summer Classic was not too strong. This week you have YJ, Skywalker, M&D, Hero's, T3, and TG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone give us an update on how the various 2018 teams did this weekend for those of us who weren't in MD. Please try to comment on your team/club as opposed to saying the blank blanks stunk!
thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also how did the teams do in MA (Elevate and Team 91?)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The club websites (links to left) have links to the tournament schedules and results - pretty easy to find out how everybody did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank you but I meant it more like we went 3-1 played well overall but lost to a good xxx team. This was meant to also give teams other than YJ and TG the chance to chime in as well as hearing from those teams.
I am also interested in seeing how some of the other LI teams fared beside the big three.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Competition was fairly weak. 91 played in weakest division and went 1-3 not sure why that club doesn't attract talent. The only team they beat was a team that went 0-4. Elevate 2018s went 7-1 combined and played in the higher divisions. It's hard for Elevate to find a regularly competitive space - they can't hang with the best teams - YJ, M&D, skywalkers but they are far better than 2nd level teams. Hard spot to be in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Competition was fairly weak. 91 played in weakest division and went 1-3 not sure why that club doesn't attract talent. The only team they beat was a team that went 0-4. Elevate 2018s went 7-1 combined and played in the higher divisions. It's hard for Elevate to find a regularly competitive space - they can't hang with the best teams - YJ, M&D, skywalkers but they are far better than 2nd level teams. Hard spot to be in.

Fair enough assessment, at least in my mind.
This upcoming weekend is NAtl Draw. Classic Natl Draw where TG and YJ top teams are not playing each other. Some of the smaller LI teams are playing in the LI lax fest with the best of that bunch being the Beach Bums and Title 9, although they aren't playing each other either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This upcoming weekend is NAtl Draw. Classic Natl Draw where TG and YJ top teams are not playing each other. Some of the smaller LI teams are playing in the LI lax fest with the best of that bunch being the Beach Bums and Title 9, although they aren't playing each other either.

Sorry to see day 2 of ND cancelled as it looked like the top YJ and TG 2018 team were on a collision course to see each other.

As for LI Laxfest, Beach Bums played Title 9 in the 2018 finals with Title 9 winning 5-3. Here is how the LI teams did and the scores when they played each other:

Title 9 4-0 beat T91 10-3 beat South Shore Surf 15-6 beat Beach Bums 5-3

Beach Bums 3-1 beat T91 7-4

T91 1-2 Beat South Shore Surf 8-2

South Shore Surf 0-2-1

Blaze 0-3 three close losses

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to see day 2 of ND cancelled as it looked like the top YJ and TG 2018 team were on a collision course to see each other.

As for LI Laxfest, Beach Bums played Title 9 in the 2018 finals with Title 9 winning 5-3. Here is how the LI teams did and the scores when they played each other:

South Shore Surf 0-2-1

That team 91 team is not good at all. Saw them play at UMass last week. Same goes for fl$ 2018 team - lost both their games at ND yesterday and were outscored 24-3 - Best thing that happened to fl$ this weekend was that day 2 got rained out! Baffles me that parents shell out money for these clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

South Shore Surf 0-2-1

That is some really bad lax. Why do parents even spend money to play on those clubs.the 5th YJ team would shut out each of those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

South Shore Surf 0-2-1

That team 91 team is not good at all. Saw them play at UMass last week. Same goes for fl$ 2018 team - lost both their games at ND yesterday and were outscored 24-3 - Best thing that happened to fl$ this weekend was that day 2 got rained out! Baffles me that parents shell out money for these clubs.

fl$ and 91 Girls programs are just awful. If that club invested one ounce of energy in the girls like they do with the boys they would be OK but they don't and you end up with weak teams and bad coaching. I can't believe parents have their kids stay with these clubs.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

South Shore Surf 0-2-1

fl$ and 91 Girls programs are just awful. If that club invested one ounce of energy in the girls like they do with the boys they would be OK but they don't and you end up with weak teams and bad coaching. I can't believe parents have their kids stay with these clubs.

I said that 5 years ago and had my butt handed to me because "everything is changing." I guess it didn't. I think parents choose those clubs because their sons play there and they think it will make life simpler, which it does not because boys and grils have completely different tournaments and practice schedules.

I would never recommend a girls club that is a mere offshoot of a boys club, they are always the [lacrosse] stepchildren of the program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

South Shore Surf 0-2-1

I know parents who don't have boys who have daughters playing on 91 and fl$. Baffles me. Spending a lot of money for a glorified PAL program. I really just do not get spending that kind of money on this stuff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the problem with playing for clubs that put boys lax first. 91 girls has/had a couple of good girls teams, but not 2018.

Doesn't it seem like games are lost every year at ND due to weather and I hate the parking there!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the problem with playing for clubs that put boys lax first. 91 girls has/had a couple of good girls teams, but not 2018.

Doesn't it seem like games are lost every year at ND due to weather and I hate the parking there!

Why have a tournament at a location that can't support the parking? I had to park in a residential area a mile away. Tournaments in Maryland had plenty of room.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why the roster change on the yj u15 3rd team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why have a tournament at a location that can't support the parking? I had to park in a residential area a mile away. Tournaments in Maryland had plenty of room.

Savich Fields have plenty of parking,too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

rosters get posted, then girls accept positions. Some will not be happy with being on second or third team and don't accept. Rosters then begin to shuffle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

rosters get posted, then girls accept positions. Some will not be happy with being on second or third team and don't accept. Rosters then begin to shuffle.

Not true, after tryouts YJ listed the kids invited to each team. After payments where due and made She then posted final teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Savich Fields have plenty of parking,too.

Only played at Cherokee HS. That parking was atrocious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] [quote=Anonymous]That's the problem with playing for clubs that put boys lax first. 91 girls has/had a couple of good girls teams, but not 2018.

Why have a tournament at a location that can't support the parking? I had to park in a residential area a mile away. (they must be getting some overtime!)
Only played at Cherokee HS. That parking was atrocious.

the HS parking is what is really bad..plus the local cops patrol constantly so you can't park on the street on those two main roads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams signed up to qualify at the U15 northeast regionals that they all got automatic bids? Find it hard to believe they couldn't field enough teams to have that tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams signed up to qualify at the U15 northeast regionals that they all got automatic bids? Find it hard to believe they couldn't field enough teams to have that tournament.
Honestly, that tournament stinks and none of the best teams go (other than YJs), that is why.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2018 Rose hammered M and D 2018 today 8-3!! Seems like MD took a eating today to YJ teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beating

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2018 Rose hammered M and D 2018 today 8-3!! Seems like MD took a eating today to YJ teams
And STEPS hammered Skywalkers by 6 goals and beat MD United

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 18 Rose team "blue" after falling to Hero's 2018 in the semi final at Lax for the Cure, 5-4. Hero's turning out to be the spoiler for the YJs at the 18 and 19 levels at this tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 18 Rose team "blue" after falling to Hero's 2018 in the semi final at Lax for the Cure, 5-4. Hero's turning out to be the spoiler for the YJs at the 18 and 19 levels at this tournament.

When you say spoiler you make it sound like they're an inferior team - 2019 yj not an elite group, get over it and move on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say spoiler you make it sound like they're an inferior team - 2019 yj not an elite group, get over it and move on

Ok... moving on… next up … G8… should be some great lacrosse!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you leave out the only team that matters in the end? Congrats to TLC for winning the tournament!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax For Cure

2016 YJ over M&D
2017 Capital over Steps
2018 TLC over Hero
2019 M&D over Hero
2020 YJ over Hero
2021 YJ over Maryland United
2022 YJ over M&D

YJ = Long Island vs Maryland

Finally some competition to keep YJ challenged.
YJ losing in 17, 18, 19 should keep YJ thinking and let the rest of the LI Lax organizations realize how far behind they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2019 on up - all those teams will be at the G8 tournament. It's going to be a weekend of great lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2019 on up - all those teams will be at the G8 tournament. It's going to be a weekend of great lacrosse.

Wouldn't that tournament be more competitive if you only invited the top teams from each club for example, instead of inviting skywalkers white and M&D Red - invite TG Black? These two teams just went 1-7 combined at lax for the cure. It would make for a more competitive tournament if you only had top teams from more clubs, Why is there only 1 team from LI invited?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wouldn't that tournament be more competitive if you only invited the top teams from each club for example, instead of inviting skywalkers white and M&D Red - invite TG Black? These two teams just went 1-7 combined at lax for the cure. It would make for a more competitive tournament if you only had top teams from more clubs, Why is there only 1 team from LI invited?

It looks like they will have an A and B division playing. Yes, that is a very good question - why only 1 Long Island team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only the top teams are playing the top teams. They don't mix brackets of A and B teams. A teams play A teams only, B teams play B teams only. Probably 10 best club teams battling it out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RE G8:
Because that's the way the Directors of the G8 Tournament, Carol Rose (YJ) and Tracy Weiner (YJ), the Schoulbergs and Walsh (NJ Steps) want it.

They create a tournament and ban their LI and NJ competition from it, it is called a Monopoly …. the YJ and Steps clubs don't want their competitors to have a chance to attract their players.

Let's face it, the other teams (M&D, Heros, TLC, Skywalkers) might be better in the end of the tournament than the YJ and the Steps teams (at least at the A level), but you are not going to travel to MD to switch to a better team.

If another LI or NJ team were there a parent might realize that their marginal YJ player might just tip the scales on another team… and switch!

It's the Don Starsia methodology… recruit as many of the top players as you can get… you don't need them all of course, and they can't all play (especially the amount of minutes they want to play), but at least your competitors won't get them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2018 Grazidei played outstanding this weekend ! They won their bracket and beat a very good Capital 2018 Blue team to get into the semi finals.
They faced TLC 2018 Red ( the team that won ) and lost by a goal - 3 to 2 in overtime.
Congratulations to the players and coaches - they proved they can play at the "A" level and compete !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RE G8:
Because that's the way the Directors of the G8 Tournament, Carol Rose (YJ) and Tracy Weiner (YJ), the Schoulbergs and Walsh (NJ Steps) want it.

They create a tournament and ban their LI and NJ competition from it, it is called a Monopoly …. the YJ and Steps clubs don't want their competitors to have a chance to attract their players.

Let's face it, the other teams (M&D, Heros, TLC, Skywalkers) might be better in the end of the tournament than the YJ and the Steps teams (at least at the A level), but you are not going to travel to MD to switch to a better team.

If another LI or NJ team were there a parent might realize that their marginal YJ player might just tip the scales on another team… and switch!

It's the Don Starsia methodology… recruit as many of the top players as you can get… you don't need them all of course, and they can't all play (especially the amount of minutes they want to play), but at least your competitors won't get them!
There is no team in NJ that can compete with STEPs I assure you and Charlie is not worried about that. He and the LI Express coaches want only the best club teams there and if you have paid any attention to the results so far this year at Champions Cup and Lax for the Cure, that is exactly what they have. Stop whining, this is the future of lax tournaments, just like on the boys side, where the handful of best teams in the country play each other without 100 other teams, and the college coaches come flocking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2018 Grazidei played outstanding this weekend ! They won their bracket and beat a very good Capital 2018 Blue team to get into the semi finals.
They faced TLC 2018 Red ( the team that won ) and lost by a goal - 3 to 2 in overtime.
Congratulations to the players and coaches - they proved they can play at the "A" level and compete !
I am a parent from one of the other top teams in the age group and there is no question Grazidei can play with any of the top A teams out there. Speaks to the depth of the YJs program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a parent from one of the other top teams in the age group and there is no question Grazidei can play with any of the top A teams out there. Speaks to the depth of the YJs program.

I agree the second team for yj 2018 is exceptionally strong for a club's second team. The second team for most clubs typically has a massive drop off, even most other YJ age groups. 18 Rose is a great team, just need to get in a rhythm. Hats off to TLC and Hero's. M&D, Steps, Skywalkers all in top team category, not quite sure that second YJ team is quite the A level, but very close. And were does TGs18 fit in this discussion these days?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RE G8:

There is no team in NJ that can compete with STEPs I assure you and Charlie is not worried about that. He and the LI Express coaches want only the best club teams there and if you have paid any attention to the results so far this year at Champions Cup and Lax for the Cure, that is exactly what they have. Stop whining, this is the future of lax tournaments, just like on the boys side, where the handful of best teams in the country play each other without 100 other teams, and the college coaches come flocking.

Completely agree that this is the future of recruiting events. Very similar to the McDonough Mid Atlantic tournament. Same exact concept. Invite only the very best teams, make it easy for the college coaches. Seriously most of these summer tournaments the competition is pitiful. All the top teams are walking away from the money grab tournaments and going to these value tournaments. Select, elite, invite only, whatever you want to call it, I love it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree the second team for yj 2018 is exceptionally strong for a club's second team. The second team for most clubs typically has a massive drop off, even most other YJ age groups. 18 Rose is a great team, just need to get in a rhythm. Hats off to TLC and Hero's. M&D, Steps, Skywalkers all in top team category, not quite sure that second YJ team is quite the A level, but very close. And were does TGs18 fit in this discussion these days?

They are a good team. Only problem is the coach. Ever see him act on the sidelines and toward the girls -bathe guys jerk. He's trying so hard to fit into the YJ mold by yelling and screaming wouldn't let him near my daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats it all mean its girls lacrosse for christ sake.Its hard to watch and easy to play for athletic girls.An athlete can put a lacrosse stick down for years,pick it up and play in college.Cant do that in basketball or soccer.And you can't run around for 10 minutes with a lead in any other sport and run out the clock.Its a joke.And my kids play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your dead wrong !!! Name one good college or pro coach that doesn't yell during a game . Vinny is one of the best
YJ coaches in the program - and the kids all agree.
If you ever played sports you would know you can't take yelling personal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your dead wrong !!! Name one good college or pro coach that doesn't yell during a game . Vinny is one of the best

He's an idiot. Everybody knows it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For some reason, there is a perception that Md United is good. They were good for their 15's and the 16 East (A) team was pretty good. But, their younger teams are not good. Thw director is more of a business person and primo bs artist. Her "coaching" resume' is practically non-existant. My guess is that they only reason they were invited to the "Great" 8 was because of publicity..not talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's an idiot. Everybody knows it.

I love the fact that his daughter plays on a different team than he coaches, smart move. CR should make that a standard policy for all dad/mom coaches looking to save tuition. He is a good coach and has a very good team, there will always be haters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For some reason, there is a perception that Md United is good. They were good for their 15's and the 16 East (A) team was pretty good. But, their younger teams are not good. Thw director is more of a business person and primo bs artist. Her "coaching" resume' is practically non-existant. My guess is that they only reason they were invited to the "Great" 8 was because of publicity..not talent.

Okay - if not MD United, then who else should be in this tournament. For the sake of debate, which other club should be invited. Though this is the 2018 forum - it cannot just be narrowed down to a club that has an exceptionally strong 2018 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have nothing to do with MD United, but you must have a hidden agenda because what you say has no credibility. M&D has a terrific program and can play with any of the top 2018 teams (or 2017/2019 teams) on any given day. The fact is that there is a fair amount of parity among the top 5-10 teams in the 2018 age group. Just look at the results from the Champions Cup and Lax for the Cure. There is no 1 dominant team - YJs Rose, TLC Red, M&D Black, Capital Blue, Skywalkers Blue, STEPS, NEMS and Hero's. And to some extent who cares, this year is primarily about the girls getting recruited which is why most tournaments have a showcase format and not a championship format.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be honest, TG 2018 Black should be invited...They have beaten Capital Blue this year, have also beaten TLC, Hero's, Steps in 2014. Have not beaten Skywalkers Blue or M&D Black though. Also have not played YJ Rose. They are certainly in the top 4 - 8 range of teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think CR/TW are going to invite a TG team to their tournament you have to be kidding yourself! They would do anything to hurt the Smiths… and their teams. Give them them an opportunity to show them up… not a chance! TG used to show them up at their LI showcase at the end of July until CR/TW stopped letting them in. So TG started their own tourney right next door! Its like McDonald's and Burger King!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RE G8:

I just looked at the schedule - it looks like South Jersey Select is also going to be there. That makes it at least 2 New Jersey clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Per the Websites:
G8: 40 College Coaches on the list to attend.
The Grind: 89 College Coaches on list to Attend.

I wouldn't say the coaches are '"flocking" to the G8.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Per the Websites:

Who's playing at the Grind apart from TG and Integrity? Regarding college coaches - it would not surprise me if a bunch of them have double booked that weekend because of the proximity of these two tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Per the Websites:

Where is the current 2015 list for the Grind - I've only been able to find the 2014 list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think CR/TW are going to invite a TG team to their tournament you have to be kidding yourself! They would do anything to hurt the Smiths… and their teams. Give them them an opportunity to show them up… not a chance! TG used to show them up at their LI showcase at the end of July until CR/TW stopped letting them in. So TG started their own tourney right next door! Its like McDonald's and Burger King!

The odd part is Hofstra is attending this tournament as a recruiting college. Hodfstra also went to Mid Atlantic tournament. Seems SS knows the tournaments to go to for recruiting, but doesn't send the club teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be honest, TG 2018 Black should be invited...They have beaten Capital Blue this year, have also beaten TLC, Hero's, Steps in 2014. Have not beaten Skywalkers Blue or M&D Black though. Also have not played YJ Rose. They are certainly in the top 4 - 8 range of teams.
How would anyone know? Never see them at the top tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Per the Websites:

Check back closer to tournament time, the list will be much larger just like what happened a few weeks before Champions Cup and Lax for the Cure vs. what the final list looked like.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And they did not play STEPS Blue (their A team) in the Fall so maybe beat STEPS White which is the B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And they did not play STEPS Blue (their A team) in the Fall so maybe beat STEPS White which is the B team.

Beat Steps Blue in The Grind pool play, July 2014

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How have they done against the top Maryland teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How have they done against the top Maryland teams? For the 2018s STEPS didn't go to A (Blue) and B (White) teams to the fall of this year. Last summer they had two even teams so results are comparable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct...M&D is a good program, top to bottom. But, Md United is not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just checked Champions Cup results. Md United 2017 East went 2-0 against mediocre competition. Md United 2018 East went 0-2 against mediocre competition. There are no results posted for LFTC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mediocre competition in Champions Cup?
Hero's 2017 4 0
MD United 2017 East 2 0
Sky Walkers 2017 Blue 2 0
Capital 2017 Blue 1 1
SJS Pink 17 1 2
Metro Blue 2017 0 1
M&D 2017 Black 1 2
Phantastix 2017 Purple 0 2
BB17B
I would say the competition was pretty strong!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Capital 2017 Blue just won the LFTC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah sure you are!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to 91 Titanium this past weekend?

Per the Websites:

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Per the Websites:

Titanium is 2017.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Per the Websites:

That ratio of coaches between the Grind and G8 does look about right and makes sense. The Grind had the quantity and G8 had the quality. I cannot speak for who showed up at the Grind specifically, but I do know that the top programs were at G8 and it's really tough to be in two places at once.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They all got a ribbon after losing in semi final.

Per the Websites:

Titanium is 2017.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word has it they Sat around a campfire singing Kumbaya.

Per the Websites:

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So true , doesn't the director Darby coach this team ? Is that what they encourage ?

Per the Websites:

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No , titanium coach is a RP coach

quote=Anonymous]So true , doesn't the director Darby coach this team ? Is that what they encourage ?

Per the Websites:

[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like someone is jealous they didn't get invited

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was looking the 2018 Cap Cup schedules and the only two LI teams that are playing each other are Elevate Red vs Title 9.
I have both clubs in the 2nd tier of LI clubs along with the YJ 2nd team and TG Purple (with the 1st tier being YJ Rose, TG Black and Elevate Blue)
Is that a fair assessment and who wins?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was looking the 2018 Cap Cup schedules and the only two LI teams that are playing each other are Elevate Red vs Title 9.
I have both clubs in the 2nd tier of LI clubs along with the YJ 2nd team and TG Purple (with the 1st tier being YJ Rose, TG Black and Elevate Blue)
Is that a fair assessment and who wins?

And who wins what? The only game between the 2 long island teams Title 9 and Elevate - is that the question?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes who wins the game?

I was also asking if those two teams were in the second tier of 2018 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes who wins the game?

TG purple is no longer a 2nd tier team. TG white is better than them. Both Elevate red and Title 9 are 2nd tier teams. Both solid teams. Should be a good game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ2 is not a 2nd tier team. They have only lost 2 games all summer (with one of those games being to TLC Red in overtime of the LFTC semifinal game). They have also beat several "top tier" teams (eg Capital Blue, Rebels Black, etc) and would beat Elevate Blue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tier 1
YJ Team 1 - Rose

Tier 2
YJ Team 2
Elevate Blue
Liberty Black
TG Black

Tier 3
YJ Team 3
Elevate Red
Liberty Purple
TG red
LI Wave

Tier 4
Title 9
YJ Team 4
Elevate White
Liberty White
Beach Bums

Tier 5 or Tier 6
fl$
YJ Teams 5 through 8
Team 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Tier 1
YJ Team 1 - Rose

Tier 2
YJ Team 2
Elevate Blue
Liberty Black
TG Black

Tier 3
YJ Team 3
Elevate Red
Liberty Red
TG Purple
LI Wave

Tier 4
Title 9
YJ Team 4
Elevate White
Liberty White
Beach Bums
Express

Tier 5 or Tier 6
fl$
YJ Teams 5 through 8
Team 91

Modified above........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tier 1
YJ Team 1 - Rose

Tier 2
YJ Team 2
Elevate Blue
Liberty Black
TG Black

Tier 3
YJ Team 3
Elevate Red
Liberty Purple
TG red
LI Wave

Tier 4
Title 9
YJ Team 4
Elevate White
Liberty White
Beach Bums

Tier 5 or Tier 6
fl$
YJ Teams 5 through 8
Team 91
pretty amusing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Tier 1
YJ Team 1 - Rose

Tier 2
YJ Team 2
Elevate Blue
Liberty Black
TG Black

Tier 3
YJ Team 3
Elevate Red
Liberty Red
TG Purple
LI Wave

Tier 4
Title 9
YJ Team 4
Elevate White
Liberty White
Beach Bums
Express

Tier 5 or Tier 6
fl$
YJ Teams 5 through 8
Team 91

Modified above........

Tier 4 should be TG White not Liberty - as Liberty does not have a 3rd team. Would be an interesting tournament if pools were set up this way. Thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Tier 1
YJ Team 1 - Rose

Tier 2
YJ Team 2
Elevate Blue
Liberty Black
TG Black

Tier 3
YJ Team 3
Elevate Red
Liberty Red
TG Purple
LI Wave

Tier 4
Title 9
YJ Team 4
Elevate White
Liberty White
Beach Bums
Express

Tier 5 or Tier 6
fl$
YJ Teams 5 through 8
Team 91

Modified above........

Tier 4 should be TG White not Liberty - as Liberty does not have a 3rd team. Would be an interesting tournament if pools were set up this way. Thoughts?

I wonder where the Maryland teams would fit in with this tiered system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes who wins the game?

title nine is a third level team at this age group ,possibly fourth ,play little competition. Elevate white is about the same

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I have seen this summer, it would look like this:

Tier 1:
YJ Rose
M&D Black
Skywalkers Blue
TLC Red

Tier 2:
YJ Grazedei
Elevate Blue
Liberty Black
TG Black
Capital Blue
Steps Blue
SJ Select Pink
NEMS
Hero's
Rebels Black
MC Elite
Coppermine Black
and a few more I'm missing

Bottom line is that the four "Tier 1" teams a step above everyone else then there are about 20 very good teams in "Tier 2" that would be competitive with one another.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I have seen this summer, it would look like this:

Tier 1:
YJ Rose
M&D Black
Skywalkers Blue
TLC Red

Tier 2:
YJ Grazedei
Elevate Blue
Liberty Black
TG Black
Capital Blue
Steps Blue
SJ Select Pink
NEMS
Hero's
Rebels Black
MC Elite
Coppermine Black
and a few more I'm missing

Bottom line is that the four "Tier 1" teams a step above everyone else then there are about 20 very good teams in "Tier 2" that would be competitive with one another.

Is TG black really not a top tier team? Haven't seen them play in a long time and don't know who they have beaten or lost to lately, but last I knew they were close to top a couple years ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope. Not at this level, 2019 or 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they are not tier one in your opinion they are certainly at the very top of tier two probably with Hero's & Capital Blue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they are not tier one in your opinion they are certainly at the very top of tier two probably with Hero's & Capital Blue

In 2018 yes, they could be close to the top of tier 2. But, in 2019 and 2020 - no.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know why TE not sending a team to U15 considering they had an automatic bid?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe Hero's took out Rose for the LFTC Championship

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe Hero's took out Rose for the LFTC Championship

True - that could qualify them for first tier status. But, they did not look impressive at G8.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know why TE not sending a team to U15 considering they had an automatic bid?

I was there with TE 2017 last year and there were no coaches there. It was a joke. Basically 2 weeks in Virginia (Cap Cup and then U15) is a little much in my opinion...are coaches really going to want to stay that long?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No big loss. Good to see former U15 champs, Skywalkers back at the national championship this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A bunch of other top teams are not attending either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG slapped 2018 purple in the face, snubbing them in favor of 2019s. Don't the 19s get to go next year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG slapped 2018 purple in the face, snubbing them in favor of 2019s. Don't the 19s get to go next year?

NOT a TG parent but by looking at the results of TG Purple at Capital Cup (below) it sounds as if the TG Club Directors are doing the right thing by putting the teams in the tournament that give the club the best chance to win. Again, based on the below, TG Purple would not give the TG Club the best chance at winning. So far they are 0-3 and 2 of the games were blowouts.

Integrity 8 LI
Top Guns 2018 Purple 5 (LOSS)

Sky Walkers WHITE 13
LI Top Guns 2018 Purple 6 (LOSS)

LI Top Guns 2018 Purple 5
Mass Elite 2018 Red 18 (LOSSS)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just saw that Skywalker Blue, Capital Blue and TG 2018 all went 3 -1 at Capital Cup. Capital beat Skywalker, Skywalker beat TG and TG beat Capital Blue. Scores indicate close competitive games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just saw that Skywalker Blue, Capital Blue and TG 2018 all went 3 -1 at Capital Cup. Capital beat Skywalker, Skywalker beat TG and TG beat Capital Blue. Scores indicate close competitive games.

Does anyone know how pools are set up? Our 2018 team from Mass Elite played in a very weak pool (games were against other clubs 2nd teams TG Purple, Sky Walker White etc) and they won all four games by scores of 18-5, 18-7, 18-1, 17-1.

Not saying they should be in top pool, but it seems like quite a waste of time and money to go all the way to Virginia for that. Can't imagine college coaches get all that much out of games like that.

Are pools set up on how the clubs have done previously? Do club coaches have any influence on placement? Just curious if anyone knows. Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The one bracket previously mentioned was probably the deepest. Skywalker Blue, Capital Blue and TG Black are very good, plus the Colorado Team 180 is not bad either. TLC was with Steps in another bracket and Heros was with NEMS in another. Thos were probably the three best divisions.

I see Mass Elite was 0-2 at National Draw losing to TG Black 10 to 2. Did they play any of the other top teams??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems 2018 liberty black was 0-4 against mediocre teams. I knew they were bad but, wow!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The one bracket previously mentioned was probably the deepest. Skywalker Blue, Capital Blue and TG Black are very good, plus the Colorado Team 180 is not bad either. TLC was with Steps in another bracket and Heros was with NEMS in another. Thos were probably the three best divisions.

I see Mass Elite was 0-2 at National Draw losing to TG Black 10 to 2. Did they play any of the other top teams??

Mass Elite 2018 didn't have a lot of their best players at National Draw. I think 4 of their top 5 were not there and several others. Again, I don't think they necessarily belong in the very top bracket, but the scores would indicate that they don't belong in the one they were in at Capital Cup. I have a daughter in the 2019 group and don't want to travel next year to Virginia to have 18-1 games, so i was just wondering how they group the teams and whether the 2018 results this year might help our 2019s get placed in a bit better group next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NOT a TG parent but by looking at the results of TG Purple at Capital Cup (below) it sounds as if the TG Club Directors are doing the right thing by putting the teams in the tournament that give the club the best chance to win. Again, based on the below, TG Purple would not give the TG Club the best chance at winning. So far they are 0-3 and 2 of the games were blowouts.

Integrity 8 LI

Sky Walkers WHITE 13

TG White is better than Purple. They need to combine the two teams and cut the fat. 10 best from each team and the White goalie and you have a good B team. Way too many bad players on both teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone know how pools are set up? Our 2018 team from Mass Elite played in a very weak pool (games were against other clubs 2nd teams TG Purple, Sky Walker White etc) and they won all four games by scores of 18-5, 18-7, 18-1, 17-1.

Not saying they should be in top pool, but it seems like quite a waste of time and money to go all the way to Virginia for that. Can't imagine college coaches get all that much out of games like that.

Are pools set up on how the clubs have done previously? Do club coaches have any influence on placement? Just curious if anyone knows. Thanks.

Clubs tell tournament organizers what level their teams play at and the organizers put them in like brackets. A Mass Elite parent told me this weekend at one of the "white" team games that the rosters are fluid depending on who signs up to play. So one week white can have a better mix of A players and another week Red could have the better mix. Judging by the results from this weekend, red had the better mix of better players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to Dave, the tournament is stupid. It wasn't stupid last year when he had the favored team to win and didn't. He knows 2018 blue isn't beating any of the top teams so why send them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to Dave, the tournament is stupid. It wasn't stupid last year when he had the favored team to win and didn't. He knows 2018 blue isn't beating any of the top teams so why send them.

Elevate 18 Blue tied Heros this weekend. Remember Heros beat YJ 18 Rose at LFTC, so don't be too quick to criticize. The team decided collectively that they didn't want to be in VA for the whole week...end of story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clubs tell tournament organizers what level their teams play at and the organizers put them in like brackets. A Mass Elite parent told me this weekend at one of the "white" team games that the rosters are fluid depending on who signs up to play. So one week white can have a better mix of A players and another week Red could have the better mix. Judging by the results from this weekend, red had the better mix of better players.

Parent had that wrong ... Red is the top team and white second. But they do move kids up and down throughout the year. Thanks for the reply tho. It sounds like the club directors have some influence. Hopefully you all had a good time this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Virginia was mighty hot this weekend but at least the 2018's didn't lose any games (to the weather that is!)

Here is a listing of records over the two days by team.

Top Guns Black 3-1
Elevate Blue 2-1-1
Title 9 3-1
Liberty Black 0-4
LI Wave 3-1
TG Purple 1-3
Elevate Red 2-2
Liberty Red 4-0
TG White 2-1-1
Elevate White 1-2-1
Team 91 3-1
fl$ 0-3-1

thoughts/comments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The records don't mean anything unless you know who the teams played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Virginia was mighty hot this weekend but at least the 2018's didn't lose any games (to the weather that is!)

Top Guns Black 3-1
Elevate Blue 2-1-1
Title 9 3-1
Liberty Black 0-4
LI Wave 3-1
TG Purple 1-3
Elevate Red 2-2
Liberty Red 4-0
TG White 2-1-1
Elevate White 1-2-1
Team 91 3-1
fl$ 0-3-1

thoughts/comments?

The only reason liberty red and team 91 did well this weekend was because they had the weakest brackets. Other teams were just awful

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parent had that wrong ... Red is the top team and white second. But they do move kids up and down throughout the year. Thanks for the reply tho. It sounds like the club directors have some influence. Hopefully you all had a good time this weekend.

I don't see the reasoning behind putting A players on a B team. Are you looking for wins or are you looking to get your girls recruited. This was a showcase event. No playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Guns Black 3-1
Elevate Blue 2-1-1
Title 9 3-1
Liberty Black 0-4
LI Wave 3-1
TG Purple 1-3
Elevate Red 2-2
Liberty Red 4-0
TG White 2-1-1
Elevate White 1-2-1
Team 91 3-1
fl$ 0-3-1

thoughts/comments?

The only reason liberty red and team 91 did well this weekend was because they had the weakest brackets. Other teams were just awful

The ONLY team that is worse than the girls 91 team is fl$. I don't think fl$ won a single game this entire tournament season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard somewhat of the same thing regarding how teams were put into their respective pool; that is that the coach rated their team with 4 being the highest and 1 being the lowest. I was also told that the higher the number of the pool, the better the quality of the teams in the pool and if you look at the 2016-2018 pools, it looks like it is the case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard somewhat of the same thing regarding how teams were put into their respective pool; that is that the coach rated their team with 4 being the highest and 1 being the lowest. I was also told that the higher the number of the pool, the better the quality of the teams in the pool and if you look at the 2016-2018 pools, it looks like it is the case.

I don't see the reasoning behind putting A players on a B team. Are you looking for wins or are you looking to get your girls recruited. This was a showcase event. No playoffs.

No. They don't set the teams permanently for the year. If a white team player improves and a bottom red team player doesn't, they may find themselves rostered differently for the next tournament. Keeps competition going throughout the year. But never are the top players put on the second team. No "A" players on "B" teams. Like with most clubs, there are 5-10 girls that are obviously the best, and then a large group in the next tier. Those girls may move around a bit throughout the year based on effort, attendance and skill development. It's a fair and competitive system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Integrity 8 LI

Sky Walkers WHITE 13

TG White is better than Purple. They need to combine the two teams and cut the fat. 10 best from each team and the White goalie and you have a good B team. Way too many bad players on both teams.

White may win more than purple, this year anyway, but they also play much weaker brackets and teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Guns Black 3-1
Elevate Blue 2-1-1
Title 9 3-1
Liberty Black 0-4
LI Wave 3-1
TG Purple 1-3
Elevate Red 2-2
Liberty Red 4-0
TG White 2-1-1
Elevate White 1-2-1
Team 91 3-1
fl$ 0-3-1

thoughts/comments?

liberty red went 4-0, obviously the best team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Guns Black 3-1
Elevate Blue 2-1-1
Title 9 3-1
Liberty Black 0-4
LI Wave 3-1
TG Purple 1-3
Elevate Red 2-2
Liberty Red 4-0
TG White 2-1-1
Elevate White 1-2-1
Team 91 3-1
fl$ 0-3-1

thoughts/comments?

liberty red went 4-0, obviously the best team.

And they played some of the top teams in the country!

Future Elite 2018
MFL Elite 2018 Red
Philly Blast 2018 Red
Team ONE 2018

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top teams in the country??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Integrity 8 LI

Sky Walkers WHITE 13

White may win more than purple, this year anyway, but they also play much weaker brackets and teams.

They play in the same B brackets as purple. If you can't handle the fact that purple isn't good then seek help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top teams in the country??

Think the poster was being sarcastic. Clearly not the best teams in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Express 4-0

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me guess, you a tg white parent! Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Integrity 8 LI

Sky Walkers WHITE 13

They play in the same B brackets as purple. If you can't handle the fact that purple isn't good then seek help

Actually think both purple and white are not very good, but purple definitely better than white.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scores from U15

If only Al Gore had invented a place where people could access this information

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Any scores from U15

hahahaha.. so sorry, this really made my day!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scores from U15

I did the work for you. YJ combined 6-0, by total score of 86-13. TG 1-1 - '18 won, '19 lost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG 2018. 3-0. 40 goals for; 6 against.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG 2019 2-1 26 for, 14 against
lost to SW Blue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What an absolute joke that tournament is. Those teams are horrible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top seeds
#1 yj blue
#2 tg black
#3 yj yellow
#4 Skywalker blue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top seeds
#1 yj blue
#2 tg black
#3 yj yellow
#4 Skywalker blue

And 30 other horrible teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of quality players on those 30 horrible other teams. In fact many girls on those other 30 teams are or will be better than the chosen few who play on your chosen teams. Karma is a funky thing. My athletic part-time lacrosse player daughter will whip your little daughter when she decides to play full-time.......mark my words J**k A*S

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of quality players on those 30 horrible other teams. In fact many girls on those other 30 teams are or will be better than the chosen few who play on your chosen teams. Karma is a funky thing. My athletic part-time lacrosse player daughter will whip your little daughter when she decides to play full-time.......mark my words J**k A*S

That is a very true statement. And I have one of those "chosen few" daughters at the moment. But I know (and she knows btw which i think motivates her) that there are tons of great, athletic, driven girls out there. And only a few play lax right now. And only a few play for the "top" clubs.

Parents like to beat their chests about their daughters in lax (and of course they should be proud) but they don't seem to realize what a niche sport it is and that that is a main reason why many of their daughters get to play in college etc. If those same girls tried to "make it" in soccer or basketball, for instance, good luck (yes before u all go on about maggie bill etc there are some that would but not too many).

As lax grows, and more areas like California take to the game, we will see that little Suzy from Small Town LI isn't quite as good as we thought she was. This is the last group that will enjoy such an easy path to college w lax. Ten years from now it will have changed. And which LI or MD club team is best will not matter so much.

Best of luck to your daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those interested ...

YJ 2018 Blue beats Skywalkers 8-5 to get back into the finals at u15
TopGun Black barely gets by YJ 2018 White (technically 3rd team) 6-5

TopGuns ducks playing YJ2018 Blue all year long at all costs.
At 11:30am, those who continue to deny that will finally understand why it's true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will see ... And i think you have the ducking part reversed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why on earth would YJ ever duck TG??
Stop living off the legacy of 1 team years ago. Nothing before that and nothing after it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those interested ...

YJ 2018 Blue beats Skywalkers 8-5 to get back into the finals at u15
TopGun Black barely gets by YJ 2018 White (technically 3rd team) 6-5

TopGuns ducks playing YJ2018 Blue all year long at all costs.
At 11:30am, those who continue to deny that will finally understand why it's true

Ducked them all year? They have avoided playing each other at all costs since TG started their program. Don't know who is ducking who but they have completely avoided each other but that ends today. The 2018 age group is a telltale signature group of the TG vs YJ saga. Coach Rose heads up blue, Coach Smith picked up Black. Time will tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the YJ 2018 Yellow team (the 2nd team)?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm watching the game. It's complete domination at every position. 9-2 with time left to make it 20-2 if YJ wished.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Total beatdown

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11-2 YJ 2018 Blue U15 Champion over TopGun

Rose vs Smith
Solves that question for those that were still asking it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the YJ 2018 Yellow team (the 2nd team)?

Lost to YJ White (3rd team) in the quarters, in OT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rose vs Smith
Website says 11-3 YJ Blue over TG 2018........ YJ White over Skywalkers blue 9-7 for third place. YJ gold in 5th place.

YJ girls are well coached giving their athletes a high lax IQ, no I'm not a YJ parents, just respect their style of play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rose vs Smith
Website says 11-3 YJ Blue over TG 2018........ YJ White over Skywalkers blue 9-7 for third place. YJ gold in 5th place.

YJ girls are well coached giving their athletes a high lax IQ, no I'm not a YJ parents, just respect their style of play.

YJ blue on a different level than all teams there. TG more on level with the 2nd and 3rd YJ teams that were there along with skywalkers. Sadly many of the elite clubs that can compete with YJ blue, simply did not show.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the TopGunners go silent. Finally

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the TopGunners go silent. Finally

Just display good sportsmanship. Way to go TG!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one (except the few crazy tg black parents) ever said that yj 2018 Rose is not the best LI team by far...too bad the other MD teams dont come to the u15 or play then in other tourneys. That said, TG black is a very solid team (and better than Elevate Blue) but if 2018 is the big next recruiting year, she has issues with her Purple and White teams in that age group. Purple went 1-3 in the SS tourney only beating a 0-4 team and while white went 2-2,the two teams they beat had a record of 0-8. Purple lost to both the LI Wave and Title 9, two team s that are very underrated and along with the YJ 2018 second team, are probably teams 4-6 in 2018. Just telling it like it is....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one (except the few crazy tg black parents) ever said that yj 2018 Rose is not the best LI team by far...too bad the other MD teams dont come to the u15 or play then in other tourneys. That said, TG black is a very solid team (and better than Elevate Blue) but if 2018 is the big next recruiting year, she has issues with her Purple and White teams in that age group. Purple went 1-3 in the SS tourney only beating a 0-4 team and while white went 2-2,the two teams they beat had a record of 0-8. Purple lost to both the LI Wave and Title 9, two team s that are very underrated and along with the YJ 2018 second team, are probably teams 4-6 in 2018. Just telling it like it is....

So where do elevate blue and red fit in the mix. Red had great games with wave and title 9?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ 2018 Rose has played the MD teams in a couple of tournaments this summer. At G8 they lost to M&D Black 3-9 and beat TLC Red and Capital Blue by 1 point. At Lax for the Cure, they beat M&D Black 8-3, TLC Red 5-3, and lost to Hero's 4-5. At Lax Inception they lost to TLC Red 6-7.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ 2018 Rose has played the MD teams in a couple of tournaments this summer. At G8 they lost to M&D Black 3-9 and beat TLC Red and Capital Blue by 1 point. At Lax for the Cure, they beat M&D Black 8-3, TLC Red 5-3, and lost to Hero's 4-5. At Lax Inception they lost to TLC Red 6-7.
and beat STEPS Blue by 1 at G8. STEPS beat Skywalkers, TLC Red and Capital once each during the summer and lost to these same teams once. A lot of parity among the top teams in the age group this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right now TG purple and white are on the same level as Team Elevate White, fl$ and Team 91. They are that bad. It has been said in a post earlier that if BS took the 10 best from each team that he would have a good 2nd team. That is true but will TG ever do it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have to worry about the 2020 black mass exit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So where do elevate blue and red fit in the mix. Red had great games with wave and title 9?
I would place Blue at number 3 and Red (who lost to both the Wave and title 9) in the group after yj2 wave and the title 9 group with Express, Liberty both TG teams the yj 3rd team and maybe the blaze.

Right now TG purple and white are on the same level as Team Elevate White, fl$ and Team 91. They are that bad. It has been said in a post earlier that if BS took the 10 best from each team that he would have a good 2nd team. That is true but will TG ever do it?

While I was the one who made the comment regarding Purple and White having issues, they are no way on the same level as fl$ or Team 91. Both fl$ and team 91, along with TOGZ and the South Shore Surf, are unfortunately the least talented teams teams. Not sure where Elevate White fits in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regarding the purple and white teams they are obviously not on the level of black or many of the girls who were previously on black would not have been moved to purple. With that said the purple team has many good/great players and white also has some good/great players.

its very obvious that certain dads want the two teams to become one. One feels his daughter is not playing with the right people and the other feels his daughter would be one who would be moved to purple.

Lacrosse like every sport is often affected/ruined by helicopter parents. Even school teachers can only do so much to help children when parents are not cooperative. Not cooperative like telling the player to ignore coach and take it yourself!

It seems like the problem purple had this year was good players not working as a team, moving the ball. Working as individuals does not work and hopefully the girls will see this, but I caution that the girl who has a father yelling at her in between every game pulling her away from teammates to tell her do it alone will never be a team player.

The coach is nice and attempts to do her job but when the girl on the field completely ignores what she is saying because the pressure to listen to dad, the only option is to pull her off the field. Some of the parents need to show the coaches more respect and let them coach!! Will it ever happen no its easier for them to complain on here about the girls poor summer season then to take a good look at what went wrong.

Enjoy the short summer break till tryouts start.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem with purple is they don't play as a team. White has the issue of too many girls not making lacrosse a priority. Too many mistakes on the field because they aren't dedicated. Not fair to the girls that come to every practice and play hard. Playing time is equal whether they try hard or not. This isn't P.A.L.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
but isint hat the story of most teams?..at least the "B" and "C" teams?...there are always girls who go thru motions cause mom/dad insist they play..and that hurts the girls who show up all the time...daughter played on a 2020 team this season and same story---teams in it for the $$ so there is no downside to a girl not coming to practices..was a crappy experience and the program s/b assahmed of themselves...they wheel out a collee kid who was average at best along with a young HS asst. coach and sell the parents/girls as knowlegable coaches..

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard