BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 156 of 327 1 2 154 155 156 157 158 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You sound so proud. name your team. Oh wait it must be a secret, don't tell because we will all run there.

Let me guess ... your kid sucks but you think she's great because she plays for the "yellow jackets" ... more than likely the second, third or even fourth team. You haven't realized yet that you've been had. Stay right where you are. It suits you just fine I'm sure.

And your club is? Oh, now I get it. Your just a troll with no life that comes on here to cause trouble. You have no credibility here so go away now and watch your daughter play on her make believe club with her make believe friends.

Deflect deflect deflect. How about addressing the issue. Your girls are taught to play a dangerous brand of lacrosse that is inappropriate at the middle school age level. And, as stated earlier, the less talented girls on your B, C, D, E teams can't execute it without causing injuries to their opponents. Why do I have no credibility? I have watched it happen on more than one occasion. And many others support that observation. Maybe it's you that has no credibility? You certainly don't have the guts to address the issue.

I have not seen the "dangerous" play you are talking about. I have seen hard nosed, physical and aggressive play. Get used to it if you expect your daughter to play in college. Have you ever seen a DI girls game? Syracuse had 43, yes 43 fouls in the championship game this year. You better get used to it or teach your kid to swim. Lacrosse is a full contact game.

Exactly the problem so nicely laid out by you. You are having trouble differentiating between 11 and 12 year-old girls and ones whose bodies are fully developed and less vulnerable to injury. Also, if you actually knew anything about girls lacrosse, you would know it is a non-contact sport by rule. So you just made my point, thank you. You are teaching a contact game to 11-12 year-olds when the rules explicitly say otherwise. The funny thing is that I don't think any of your coaches have ever actually played today's brand of collegiate women's lacrosse. Our coaches have and don't teach what you teach at the 11-12 yr old level. They wait until the girls are older and can handle it appropriately. You should follow their lead. [/quote]

Sounds like you are upset your Liberty teams keep losing to YJ. Babylon Lax Blast must have been a big disappointment. U-15 results not any better. As to your point, soccer, football and basketball are all played like high school at the age, why does girls lacrosse need to be different? By rule, checking (full contact) is absolutely legal.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound so proud. name your team. Oh wait it must be a secret, don't tell because we will all run there.

Let me guess ... your kid sucks but you think she's great because she plays for the "yellow jackets" ... more than likely the second, third or even fourth team. You haven't realized yet that you've been had. Stay right where you are. It suits you just fine I'm sure.

And your club is? Oh, now I get it. Your just a troll with no life that comes on here to cause trouble. You have no credibility here so go away now and watch your daughter play on her make believe club with her make believe friends.

Deflect deflect deflect. How about addressing the issue. Your girls are taught to play a dangerous brand of lacrosse that is inappropriate at the middle school age level. And, as stated earlier, the less talented girls on your B, C, D, E teams can't execute it without causing injuries to their opponents. Why do I have no credibility? I have watched it happen on more than one occasion. And many others support that observation. Maybe it's you that has no credibility? You certainly don't have the guts to address the issue.

I have not seen the "dangerous" play you are talking about. I have seen hard nosed, physical and aggressive play. Get used to it if you expect your daughter to play in college. Have you ever seen a DI girls game? Syracuse had 43, yes 43 fouls in the championship game this year. You better get used to it or teach your kid to swim. Lacrosse is a full contact game.[/quote] this goes to show how ignorant you are about girls lacrosse, and why Y.J. are considered dirty. Girls lax is a non contact sport. learn the rules you dope. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNW3Wk-Qfuw

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have not seen the "dangerous" play you are talking about. I have seen hard nosed, physical and aggressive play. Get used to it if you expect your daughter to play in college. Have you ever seen a DI girls game? Syracuse had 43, yes 43 fouls in the championship game this year. You better get used to it or teach your kid to swim. Lacrosse is a full contact game.

Exactly the problem so nicely laid out by you. You are having trouble differentiating between 11 and 12 year-old girls and ones whose bodies are fully developed and less vulnerable to injury. Also, if you actually knew anything about girls lacrosse, you would know it is a non-contact sport by rule. So you just made my point, thank you. You are teaching a contact game to 11-12 year-olds when the rules explicitly say otherwise. The funny thing is that I don't think any of your coaches have ever actually played today's brand of collegiate women's lacrosse. Our coaches have and don't teach what you teach at the 11-12 yr old level. They wait until the girls are older and can handle it appropriately. You should follow their lead. [/quote]

Your comments are so uneducated its laughable. How would you know what our coaches teach? YJ current coaches include Tewaaraton award finalists for 2014,multiple current all-americans etc.The fact that you refuse to mention the game that you saw such aggressive play tells me you are just some moron stirring the pot.Go back to your team that can barely catch and throw but are being taught by the best. Your club used to be descent but are now a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Deflect deflect deflect. How about addressing the issue. Your girls are taught to play a dangerous brand of lacrosse that is inappropriate at the middle school age level. And, as stated earlier, the less talented girls on your B, C, D, E teams can't execute it without causing injuries to their opponents. Why do I have no credibility? I have watched it happen on more than one occasion. And many others support that observation. Maybe it's you that has no credibility? You certainly don't have the guts to address the issue. [/quote]

You should save yourself the frustration and walk away from girls lacrosse right now. If your worried about how rough it is for your 11-12 year old daughter, your in for a rough road as it gets much more physical and rough every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No scores from the 8 am Semi's yet? USLacrosse hasn't updated their website - anybody heard anything?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should save yourself the frustration and walk away from girls lacrosse right now. If your worried about how rough it is for your 11-12 year old daughter, your in for a rough road as it gets much more physical and rough every year. [/quote]

I am a parent of an M&D player and having played YJ a few times, I don't find them to be any more aggressive than Skywalkers and honestly, they aren't really that much more aggressive that my daughter's M&D team. It seems that the fact is, the better teams play more aggressively. This is probably because they have better athletes with more speed and strength and at times seem to overpower other teams. Injuries happen in lacrosse, especially with girls.

Look, you LI parents can be nutty, but to say that the YJ players are dirty is off base and not fair to these 11-12 year old girls you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No scores from the 8 am Semi's yet? USLacrosse hasn't updated their website - anybody heard anything?

They have a blog you can look at as well...all YJ final as 2017 Blue beats 2017 Gold 11 - 5. YJ 2018 beat Elevate 14 - 13 in OT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have a blog you can look at as well...all YJ final as 2017 Blue beats 2017 Gold 11 - 5. YJ 2018 beat Elevate 14 - 13 in OT

Put your money on 2018!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Put your money on 2018!

Next year definitely, little chance this year, 2017 win that game 19 out of 20 times

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE YELLOW JACKETS. It is pretty remarkable that the 2018's beat the Elevate 2017's. They should be really proud of that accomplishment. There has been some boasting on this site from Elevate people, and I hope that this result puts everything in perspective. Great tournament for LI Lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should save yourself the frustration and walk away from girls lacrosse right now. If your worried about how rough it is for your 11-12 year old daughter, your in for a rough road as it gets much more physical and rough every year.

I am a parent of an M&D player and having played YJ a few times, I don't find them to be any more aggressive than Skywalkers and honestly, they aren't really that much more aggressive that my daughter's M&D team. It seems that the fact is, the better teams play more aggressively. This is probably because they have better athletes with more speed and strength and at times seem to overpower other teams. Injuries happen in lacrosse, especially with girls.

Look, you LI parents can be nutty, but to say that the YJ players are dirty is off base and not fair to these 11-12 year old girls you are talking about.
[/quote]

It is absolutely fair and not off base. If you read the original post it states that it is the B-E teams, not the top teams where the problem lies. They are physically ill-equipped to play the aggressive defense properly and end up becoming extremely dangerous in their play. And it isn't the girls fault. It is the coaches' fault.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you are upset your Liberty teams keep losing to YJ. Babylon Lax Blast must have been a big disappointment. U-15 results not any better. As to your point, soccer, football and basketball are all played like high school at the age, why does girls lacrosse need to be different? By rule, checking (full contact) is absolutely legal.[/quote]

I assume you are not stupid enough to think that checking in girls lacrosse refers to body contact. Can you describe a legal check in girls lacrosse? I hope so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to YJ17 blue for winning the u15's national championship and as well congrats to yj18 and yj17 gold for taking 2nd and 3rd place. way to represent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a TG parent...Congratulations on the YJ taking 1st, 2nd, & 3rd at the U15's...awesome job and way to represent the organization and LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only in a perfect world would every check or challenge that's made be of the legal sort. You are naive if you think that girls lacrosse is non-contact. It's why they assess fouls and cards. Taking a charge is legal and that can certainly be full contact. Shoulder to shoulder contact is legal. Forget all the calls that go unseen or the cross checks referees allow the girls to play through. Every girl who plays at a high level is used to going home with bruises on her arm after every practice and game.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Congrats to YJ 2017 Blue, 2018 Blue and 2017 Gold for sweeping the "medal" rounds at the U15.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you are upset your Liberty teams keep losing to YJ. Babylon Lax Blast must have been a big disappointment. U-15 results not any better. As to your point, soccer, football and basketball are all played like high school at the age, why does girls lacrosse need to be different? By rule, checking (full contact) is absolutely legal.

I assume you are not stupid enough to think that checking in girls lacrosse refers to body contact. Can you describe a legal check in girls lacrosse? I hope so. [/quote]

Stick checks. If you read through the threads this was originally the issue although it wanders to different points.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Congrats to YJ 2017 Blue, 2018 Blue and 2017 Gold for sweeping the "medal" rounds at the U15.

Wow, amazing considering the plethora of talented teams there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well done ladies!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the point. There WERE no other good teams there, Carol!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, amazing considering the plethora of talented teams there.

I missed it, in what round did they knock out Skywalkers and M&D?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to be in it to win it. Dont start beating your chest if your team didnt play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume you are not stupid enough to think that checking in girls lacrosse refers to body contact. Can you describe a legal check in girls lacrosse? I hope so. [/quote]you good, smart, lacrosse loving Y.J. parents must be appalled that a parent with this thought process is involved with your club. What an embarrassment

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was obviously a joke of a tournament, and a huge waste of time and money!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was obviously a joke of a tournament, and a huge waste of time and money!

Although it would been better had Maryland teams been there, the YJ played who was there. There is no need to make your comments, YJ beat teams that showed up. If there is a finger to point at, how about the Maryland teams who never travel (with exception of Skywalkers). Instead of commenting on YJ , why don't you question M&D who never leave MD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true they had open spots for the tournament that couldn't be filled? Not very impressive to travel to CO for an event that couldn't sell out , and they call this nationals??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true they had open spots for the tournament that couldn't be filled? Not very impressive to travel to CO for an event that couldn't sell out , and they call this nationals??

I heard that too. Whoever said it was a joke is right. It's not the nationals! It's a small scale tournament, with a bunch of B and C teams getting pounded by a few A teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the Yellow Jackets organization on regaining the National Champion title.

For those criticizing the competition, turn your attention to the shameful teams that didn't want to take a shot at being National Champions!

Maybe Skywalkers and M&D didn't have anyone who fit the age requirements on their "2017" team!!

Lest anyone forget, YJ teams beat Top Guns, Liberty, Steps and Elevate (twice).

The only fact that is worth repeating is that YJ won the 2014 U15 Nationals.

I heard that too. Whoever said it was a joke is right. It's not the nationals! It's a small scale tournament, with a bunch of B and C teams getting pounded by a few A teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're joking right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the Yellow Jackets organization on regaining the National Champion title.

For those criticizing the competition, turn your attention to the shameful teams that didn't want to take a shot at being National Champions!

Maybe Skywalkers and M&D didn't have anyone who fit the age requirements on their "2017" team!!

You are 100% right...well done YJ, you beat the teams that were there., You are the National Champs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Congratulations to the Yellow Jackets organization on regaining the National Champion title.

You mean the clubs that choose not to stick their parents with a $1,000+ tab for a novalty destination tournament that no college coaches attend? Hold the U15 tournament someplace between NYC and DC and I'll bet you'd draw some of the top MD/DC teams.

BTW, no reason to go to CO to play the teams you mentioned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

You mean the clubs that choose not to stick their parents with a $1,000+ tab for a novalty destination tournament that no college coaches attend? Hold the U15 tournament someplace between NYC and DC and I'll bet you'd draw some of the top MD/DC teams.

BTW, no reason to go to CO to play the teams you mentioned.

Agree completely, what a freakin waste of money to travel and NOT PLAY the best teams in the country but play our neighboring clubs that we could have met at Mitchel or Farmingdale or Stony Brook. Very disappointed in the big clubs not attending But the YJ's have to go every year because its part of their sales model.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some Colleges in attendance at U15
UNC
Northwestern
Florida
Colorado
Michigan
Navy

Following YJ everywhere especially Rose
2018 team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uhhhh....I don't think he/ she is joking. Did you see scores on day 1 and day 2 ? Those are not good teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cool. Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shameful teams? Really? You mean the teams that didn't see the need to travel to Colorado to play teams they play already on the east coast in front of 5 college coaches.

And here we go again with the overage finger pointing. There may be one or two hold backs per team on M&D and Skywalkers. My daughter's team has none. It is simply a financial decision to not go out there. Aren't the teams you mentioned that YJ beat all within an hour or so of each other? Makes sense to travel to Colorado to play them.

M&D travels plenty, National Draw, President's Cup, Lax for the Cure, Capital Cup, Champions Cup, Northern Rise. All these tournaments have more exposure than the "National Championship". Hence, what's the frigging point? At least CR has something to put on the website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are truly pathetic , you want a true national championship tournament but only if its in your backyard. US lax tries to put a great event together and all you do is try to degrade it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard a rumor today albeit an old rumor that CR sold YJ for 7.9 MILLION.

Couple of thoughts.

1. That would be a lot of money.
2. Who has 8mill to spend on a club lax club.
3. Would YJ be YJ with out CR as the head or would it slowly (or quickly) decline.
4. Would someone fill the void.

On a side note why is there such a lack of quality girls programs on long island. There seems to be a lot more boys clubs to choose from without yhe huge drop of as there is with the girls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couple of thoughts.

3. Would YJ be YJ with out CR as the head or would it slowly (or quickly) decline.

On a side note why is there such a lack of quality girls programs on long island. There seems to be a lot more boys clubs to choose from without yhe huge drop of as there is with the girls

Actually the price you stated came with conditions, it's a ten year deal. She gets 2.9mil off the bat, and 500k a year for 10 years as long as she continues to run the club. Furthermore, they are going to expand the number of teams in most of the age divisions. The initial plan also includes a Yellow Jacket Spring league that will cost $800-$10000 in addition (6-8 games), your team will play other yellow jacket teams (they still need to work out alignment issues, but they are talking about 6 teams per age and having teams play teams in other age divisions, example 2021 1st, 2nd and 3rd team will play in a league with 2020 4,5,6th teams)

Looks like they are using the spring league as a way to generate more revenue and offset their initial investment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couple of thoughts.

I heard the same thing, also rumors about a spring program as well that includes games.

Like Reply Quote
Page 156 of 327 1 2 154 155 156 157 158 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard