BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,160
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Girls 2020 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I do not understand how parents think it should be equal playing time. Both TG black and YJ blue have about 8 kids that should not even be on the team or even see any quality of field time. The first goal of travel is to win, not equal playing time. Most parents are delusional with there kids ability on the field. If you feel your daughter deserves more field time, spend more time with her at the field. Both teams have about 6 true lax players. The rest are just position fillers.

From a TG black parent, I wish the teams were more win at all costs, they seem intent on playing all in fair rotations and I see games slip away that are winnable. And you are correct, if teams played the top 6 or 8 kids and had a small rotation of bench the teams would be exponentially stronger. But this is big$ business, both TG and YJ. Look at premier soccer teams, they roster and play to win. I hear elevate are cutting teams to 18 players. They are on the fringe of high competitive teams, this will make them much more competitive. Wish our club would do this. 24plus kids on a team, what a waste of time. Spend all that time on travel, hotel, tuition, and would love the idea of real playing time. It is a greedy model CR invented and BS copied. Watching the competitiveness of this model slipping away so hopefully they follow suit and trim to 18 players, it would make for much happier players, parents and less headaches, more wins. It is a no brainer. At least do it on the top black teams.

You are not a TG 20 black parent so stop with the nonsense. Tired of seeing games slip away? Hasn't happened.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not understand how parents think it should be equal playing time. Both TG black and YJ blue have about 8 kids that should not even be on the team or even see any quality of field time. The first goal of travel is to win, not equal playing time. Most parents are delusional with there kids ability on the field. If you feel your daughter deserves more field time, spend more time with her at the field. Both teams have about 6 true lax players. The rest are just position fillers.

From a TG black parent, I wish the teams were more win at all costs, they seem intent on playing all in fair rotations and I see games slip away that are winnable. And you are correct, if teams played the top 6 or 8 kids and had a small rotation of bench the teams would be exponentially stronger. But this is big$ business, both TG and YJ. Look at premier soccer teams, they roster and play to win. I hear elevate are cutting teams to 18 players. They are on the fringe of high competitive teams, this will make them much more competitive. Wish our club would do this. 24plus kids on a team, what a waste of time. Spend all that time on travel, hotel, tuition, and would love the idea of real playing time. It is a greedy model CR invented and BS copied. Watching the competitiveness of this model slipping away so hopefully they follow suit and trim to 18 players, it would make for much happier players, parents and less headaches, more wins. It is a no brainer. At least do it on the top black teams.

Other clubs will follow suit and reduce their rosters like Elevate. There is NO NEED to have 25 kids on a summer travel team. I think that this is a great move and will further develop the youger kids quicker as they will get more playing time at practice, games and tournaments. There will be far less complaints from parents about playing time and how their kid didnt play during close games, etc. I think this would resolve a lot of issues between parents and coaches and parents and parents on the sideline. As for CR, just add an 8th and 9th team in each age group and reduce the number of kids and you will make even more $$$$'s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other clubs will follow suit and reduce their rosters like Elevate. There is NO NEED to have 25 kids on a summer travel team. I think that this is a great move and will further develop the youger kids quicker as they will get more playing time at practice, games and tournaments. There will be far less complaints from parents about playing time and how their kid didnt play during close games, etc. I think this would resolve a lot of issues between parents and coaches and parents and parents on the sideline. As for CR, just add an 8th and 9th team in each age group and reduce the number of kids and you will make even more $$$$'s.

Elevate has trouble fielding two teams, YJ doesn't have that problem. I see no flood of Yj running to elevate anytime soon, that club is being held together with smoke and mirrors and when people find out what they really signed on for you will see them at YJ tryouts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate has the perfect business model. Reduce the team to 18 players. More playing time and get rid of the dead wood on the roster. I am a TG 2020 parent, and I hope TG follow suit. I would bet that all parents would shell out an extra $200 per year to keep the roster at 18. I know I would pay the extra money to keep the roster at 18 and keep out the kids that can't play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate has trouble fielding two teams, YJ doesn't have that problem. I see no flood of Yj running to elevate anytime soon, that club is being held together with smoke and mirrors and when people find out what they really signed on for you will see them at YJ tryouts!

I think Elevate 2017 used balls and sticks when they beat YJ 17 at The Rise and not smoke and mirrors but you can correct me if I am wrong through making any excuse you want (hang nails, missing girls, blah blahblah)........

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are not a TG 20 black parent so stop with the nonsense. Tired of seeing games slip away? Hasn't happened.

Didn't say I was 2020. This thread has a conversation that has drifted off being about 2020, so relax, its not always about you.
Glad your happy with 24 kids on the roster, you must be the absolute only one happy about that besides CR and BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all, Elevate website says that 18 player rosters will be for "recruiting age" teams, NOT 2020's which will have 22 players.

Also, there might be trouble in Elevate-land with parents booing the director because of nepotism and whole teams refusing to attend tournaments because of being fed up with the program.

LET THE ELEVATE BUYER BEWARE!!

I think Elevate 2017 used balls and sticks when they beat YJ 17 at The Rise and not smoke and mirrors but you can correct me if I am wrong through making any excuse you want (hang nails, missing girls, blah blahblah)........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate has the perfect business model. Reduce the team to 18 players. More playing time and get rid of the dead wood on the roster. I am a TG 2020 parent, and I hope TG follow suit. I would bet that all parents would shell out an extra $200 per year to keep the roster at 18. I know I would pay the extra money to keep the roster at 18 and keep out the kids that can't play.

Folks, the Elevate website says maximum of 20 players in 2016-2018 and maximum of 22 for 2019-2024. The below is directly from their website (spelling issue included).

TRYOUT INFORMATION FOR 2014 - 2015 Season:
This upcoming year, we are lowering the roster sizes for all of our teams. We want to see kids get more playing time in tournaments.

Each team from 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024 will have a maximum roster size of 22 players.

Our recruitbale year teams - 2016, 2017 and 2018 (all teams - Red, White & Blue) will have a maximum roster size of 20 players. This will allow each player to have the maximum amount of exposure at recruiting events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear BS will reduce team size out of fear because the parents of some superstars have threatened him that they will walk unless he kisses their butts right after he bends over and kisses his own butt. He does not want to have to drive all over the island to kids houses again begging them to stay w the club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear BS will reduce team size out of fear because the parents of some superstars have threatened him that they will walk unless he kisses their butts right after he bends over and kisses his own butt. He does not want to have to drive all over the island to kids houses again begging them to stay w the club

Don't worry he isn't going to drive out to West Hampton to get you back!

Don't worry he is not going to drive out to West Hampton for you!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did TE 17 use when they beat a low level Illinois team 22-0 and then feel the need to brag about on their Facebook and Twitter pages. Stay classy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did TE 17 use when they beat a low level Illinois team 22-0 and then feel the need to brag about on their Facebook and Twitter pages. Stay classy.

What does this have to do with 2020 girls?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good, he should worry about that, and he should reduce team size. Big deal, have 3 teams of 18 instead of two at 24, price accordingly so he still make same money in the end. It would show the club better as the top teams would be much, much more competitive, that's good for business.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I hear BS will reduce team size out of fear because the parents of some superstars have threatened him that they will walk unless he kisses their butts right after he bends over and kisses his own butt. He does not want to have to drive all over the island to kids houses again begging them to stay w the club

Don't worry he is not going to drive out to West Hampton for you! [/qu

You obviously think you know who I am but are too much of a coward to come talk to me directly. I did not realize you trailer park people were such cowards.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coward, said the anonymous guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I hear BS will reduce team size out of fear because the parents of some superstars have threatened him that they will walk unless he kisses their butts right after he bends over and kisses his own butt. He does not want to have to drive all over the island to kids houses again begging them to stay w the club

Don't worry he is not going to drive out to West Hampton for you! [/qu

You obviously think you know who I am but are too much of a coward to come talk to me directly. I did not realize you trailer park people were such cowards.

Everyone knows who you are

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So says the anonymous guy. Point is the trailer trash poster believes they know who the so called WH poster is and seems to cowardly to approach them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know what you all did last summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So says the anonymous guy. Point is the trailer trash poster believes they know who the so called WH poster is and seems to cowardly to approach them.

I dint think their is a W Hampton poster. You have some jealous loser making reference to a W Hampton parent/player that is all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY!! Real mature. Great example you set.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many times are we going to have to play another YJ team? This year is a joke. Wanted to play a better assortment of teams in these tournaments. We can play the other team at practice. If they wanted to get the sidelines excited they have succeeded because more than half of our team thinks they are better than the girls the played on the other team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many times are we going to have to play another YJ team? This year is a joke. Wanted to play a better assortment of teams in these tournaments. We can play the other team at practice. If they wanted to get the sidelines excited they have succeeded because more than half of our team thinks they are better than the girls the played on the other team

It's especially bad when you have to drive hundreds of miles, sit in mad traffic, even on fathers day, pay$$$. Then vs. YJ!!! Outrageous! Is there a brain cell out there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's because they are better!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's because they are better!

If they are better, why do we have to drive 100s of miles to play them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mitchell field will have at least two more games for you vs YJ, but at least they're only 25 minutes, it won't be as painful. either move on or stop complaining, cr only cares about her chosen ones and apparently that's not you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mitchell field will have at least two more games for you vs YJ, but at least they're only 25 minutes, it won't be as painful. either move on or stop complaining, cr only cares about her chosen ones and apparently that's not you

Its just plain embarrassing that they keep making us play each other. They are going to need the police at one of these games because tensions keep rising on the sidelines. Look at how many dads are standing down by the corner of the field, don't even dare view from the half line anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its just plain embarrassing that they keep making us play each other. They are going to need the police at one of these games because tensions keep rising on the sidelines. Look at how many dads are standing down by the corner of the field, don't even dare view from the half line anymore.

It's definitely interesting. This week it's the battle of Jones vs Chris.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's definitely interesting. This week it's the battle of Jones vs Chris.

AGAIN!!!!! and Jones and Curcio know the other teams kids better than their own at this point

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jones has the upper hand on Curcio. A few changes in the roster to make sure Curcio wins. Should be a great tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jones has the upper hand on Curcio. A few changes in the roster to make sure Curcio wins. Should be a great tournament.

Question of the day which team hates the other team more? Jones parents or Curcio parents?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jones has the upper hand on Curcio? The results on the field this season speak for themselves. Probably a big reason that they are not scheduled to play again, as Jones will play Chris. This should be interesting because Chris beat Jones earlier in the season. Should be a much closer game than Curcio vs Jones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question of the day which team hates the other team more? Jones parents or Curcio parents?

No real question here. It's the Jones' parents. Many feel their daughter is getting screwed. Also upset that there are kids on their own teams that aren't up to the task.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rude and ignorant reply, you have no lacrosse experience yourself, and attempt to live your life through your child, sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rude and ignorant reply, you have no lacrosse experience yourself, and attempt to live your life through your child, sad

What is this comment in reference to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why try and create controversy? Is your daughter a fringe player? And you don’t want to see her dropped. Do you hate some parents on Jones? What is the deal with you. As far as I can see there are many friends between the 2 teams. Truth is We have a few that are not up to the task as you would say and you know that to be true. Not nearly as many as the Jones group though. So keep building things up that really doesn't exist. So sad we have to share a sideline with this Jackass. I bet you are the nicest person on the sideline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You people are really just a bunch of losers, go back to your TG site.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard