BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 111 of 220 1 2 109 110 111 112 113 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Powder I could register under some BS screen name, meaningless , not ballsy.TG top U15 team loses to 3rd level YJ U15 , thats got to hurt. Where are the TG coolaide drinkers saying YJ is terrible unless on top team, I guess it shows that YJ is deep. Your 2020 group will struggle as several key players are just a little too old.

I'm a TG parent, and I know they're 2017 Gold team is very, very good. They just happen to be behind that Blue team, which is unbelievable! They are better than most program's top teams. What, now they're a low level team, so you can blast TG and say they're weak for losing to Gold? That's a dumb argument. There's no story here. One really good team beat another by one goal. That's it. Get a life!

Come on TG. Many of you went crazy when you beat YJs last year. Some showed a serious lack of class. Don't try to take the high road now because when you won, you were not quite as gracious.

what would you like TG to say? YJ's won
the blue will more than likely be crowned champs today.
CR will put photos on the website touting your greatness

Congratulations...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at least TG lost to a YJ team on age.. Liberty lost to the 2018's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ top 3 teams in this age group are much better than TG, period. Time to lick your wounds and concentrate on holding more than 1 practice a week and moving some black and purple girls around. TG could have 2 very competitive teams but there needs to be dedication and commitment from BOTH players and coaches. Yesterday was the last practice of the season and FINALLY the girls all scrimmaged, too bad Shannon completely ignored them and instead gave a private lesson to a girl. Hoping next year it is not about the almighty dollar and they go back to 2 teams that will carry strong players.

Mom/Dad - thank you for your money and contributions this year. I assume at this time you will be moving on...best of luck to your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
elevate lost to a 2018 yj team also

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Powder I could register under some BS screen name, meaningless , not ballsy.TG top U15 team loses to 3rd level YJ U15 , thats got to hurt. Where are the TG coolaide drinkers saying YJ is terrible unless on top team, I guess it shows that YJ is deep. Your 2020 group will struggle as several key players are just a little too old.

I'm a TG parent, and I know they're 2017 Gold team is very, very good. They just happen to be behind that Blue team, which is unbelievable! They are better than most program's top teams. What, now they're a low level team, so you can blast TG and say they're weak for losing to Gold? That's a dumb argument. There's no story here. One really good team beat another by one goal. That's it. Get a life!

Come on TG. Many of you went crazy when you beat YJs last year. Some showed a serious lack of class. Don't try to take the high road now because when you won, you were not quite as gracious.

Class left the building a long time ago when these two teams go at each other here. My two cents: YJ lorded themselves over TG for a long time, so when TG won the U15, they returned the favor. Now YJ is returning the favor. I wish everybody would stop beating their chests over this.

Especially since there weren't any MD teams there.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's too bad that these teams had to fly all the way out to Colorado to vie for the championship. If all the top LI programs got together for one weekend and played locally, we could all save a bunch of money and still crown our National Champions!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's too bad that these teams had to fly all the way out to Colorado to vie for the championship. If all the top LI programs got together for one weekend and played locally, we could all save a bunch of money and still crown our National Champions!!
Exactly right this travel is a joke to play local teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at least TG lost to a YJ team on age.. Liberty lost to the 2018's

You can add a TG loss to STEPs in consolation game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ top 3 teams in this age group are much better than TG, period. Time to lick your wounds and concentrate on holding more than 1 practice a week and moving some black and purple girls around. TG could have 2 very competitive teams but there needs to be dedication and commitment from BOTH players and coaches. Yesterday was the last practice of the season and FINALLY the girls all scrimmaged, too bad Shannon completely ignored them and instead gave a private lesson to a girl. Hoping next year it is not about the almighty dollar and they go back to 2 teams that will carry strong players.

Mom/Dad - thank you for your money and contributions this year. I assume at this time you will be moving on...best of luck to your daughter.

I have no daughter on the team anymore, just repeating info I was told

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"No Skywalkers, M&D or TG in 2019/20/21 - are you seriously saying that Steps, MD United, etc are in the same league? Come on get serious, three of the four best teams were not there... You beat nobody, good luck at babylon lax blast, I'm sure that you will run the table at that tournament as well - lol"

You TG people make me laugh, get over yourselves

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Homer. Don't for one second think that a MD team wouldn't win a natl club championship in at least half the age groups if not more. And the only club to compete with would be YJ. Get real. TG isnt winning any natl champs at any level, Homer..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a jaded TG parent the U15 results do not surprise me one bit. I think SS does draw talent to her teams and that's all TGs has going for it. The practices, indoor nonsense and coaches (minus one or two) are a joke. I admire MD teams, its like watching a well oiled machine, transition, cuts, feeds. So many passes ending in a quick stick goal you don't even know who scored it happens so quick. YJ likes to put the game on the back of big stud isolation players, same model as when SS played there. One or two studs and it is effective, just not pretty lacrosse. TG seems to promote same selfish brand. Congrats to YJs on win, I know TG can only compete with them in one or two age groups, the others are way behind. BTW this US lacrosse thing isn't drawing the top talent, Someone should set up a NY vs MD championship tournament. Add in MA, CT,NJ,PA, VA and what the [lacrosse] are we traveling to FL or CO for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a jaded TG parent the U15 results do not surprise me one bit. I think SS does draw talent to her teams and that's all TGs has going for it. The practices, indoor nonsense and coaches (minus one or two) are a joke. I admire MD teams, its like watching a well oiled machine, transition, cuts, feeds. So many passes ending in a quick stick goal you don't even know who scored it happens so quick. YJ likes to put the game on the back of big stud isolation players, same model as when SS played there. One or two studs and it is effective, just not pretty lacrosse. TG seems to promote same selfish brand. Congrats to YJs on win, I know TG can only compete with them in one or two age groups, the others are way behind. BTW this US lacrosse thing isn't drawing the top talent, Someone should set up a NY vs MD championship tournament. Add in MA, CT,NJ,PA, VA and what the [lacrosse] are we traveling to FL or CO for?

To jaded TG parent, I think the biggest difference between LI teams and MD teams is the frequency with which these teams play as a team throughout the year. The MD teams are well oiled because they play a lot of games/scrimmages/leagues/ outside the summer tournament circuit. Many MD schools don't have MS sports either so the clubs have there own de facto league where they play each other frequently throughout the spring. Thus these teams build chemistry and familiarity with each other at an early age.

Could lacrosse follow the lead of soccer and create a '[lacrosse]' for lacrosse? I don't see why not. It would effectively wipe out PAL but everybody moans about PAL anyway so it wouldn't be missed. There are plenty of clubs at this point on LI to create such a league. Any takers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why didn't the MD teams play in the u15 this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns playing each other this weekend. Pathetic.

YJ been playing each other at their tournament for years. Previous YJ poster not smart enough to realize that and make stupid comment....priceless.

Same club teams playing each other used to bother me, then you realize that these games are usually much more competitive than the several crappy teams most tournaments schedule you for. So if your own club fields a team that is one of the better competitive matchups, that's fine by me, so long as you can avoid the nasty inter club fighting (ref: crucio v Jones).

But you're paying $1200/team plus coach expenses plus travel plus plus plus to scrimmage. Something you could just as easily schedule during practice time.

Listen, when you GO to a tournament, YOU PAY 1200 per team. When you HOST a tournament, you dont pay ANYTHING. All that happens is that, TG gets to tell parents that they get 4 tournaments a year and they are included in YOUR fee. INSTEAD of giving 1200 per team to SOMEBODY ELSE, BS gets to keep the 1200 (times 15 or however many teams there are). So, other clubs that pay the same fee per kid and dont host a tournament, have to pay out the 1200 per team per tournamnet, for TG you get to pay the same fee but the club gets to keep more $$$$'s? Got it?

Is that the way it works at mitchell field and that other ridiculous CT tourney? You probably play 1/3 of your summer seaon against other yj teams...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To jaded TG parent, I think the biggest difference between LI teams and MD teams is the frequency with which these teams play as a team throughout the year. The MD teams are well oiled because they play a lot of games/scrimmages/leagues/ outside the summer tournament circuit. Many MD schools don't have MS sports either so the clubs have there own de facto league where they play each other frequently throughout the spring. Thus these teams build chemistry and familiarity with each other at an early age.

Could lacrosse follow the lead of soccer and create a '[lacrosse]' for lacrosse? I don't see why not. It would effectively wipe out PAL but everybody moans about PAL anyway so it wouldn't be missed. There are plenty of clubs at this point on LI to create such a league. Any takers?

A previous poster who was displeased with the last TG practice stated the same thing. The teams need more than a watered down once a week practice. Why are they not scrimmaging each other being that the same age groups practice together? And the fact that YJ puts the best players on the top team counts. After this season TG really needs to put friendships aside and rearrange black/purple so that the best 20-not 25, are playing together. Put them all on purple so the black parents can still beat their chest thinking they are the top team. Need to do something!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A previous poster who was displeased with the last TG practice stated the same thing. The teams need more than a watered down once a week practice. Why are they not scrimmaging each other being that the same age groups practice together? And the fact that YJ puts the best players on the top team counts. After this season TG really needs to put friendships aside and rearrange black/purple so that the best 20-not 25, are playing together. Put them all on purple so the black parents can still beat their chest thinking they are the top team. Need to do something!

No, actually, they don't NEED to do anything. They have plenty of happy customers. If you're not happy YOU need to do something!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why didn't the MD teams play in the u15 this year?

It's a waste of time and money, can play top competition at home (so could LI teams). They schedule "playdays" with other clubs. M&D, Skywalkers, Hero's and TLC might get together for a 1 day round-robin. Why subject your club parents to the time and expense for a non-recruiting event? I you are dead-set on a destination tournament, send the 2017's to President's Cup instead, atleast coaches will be watching. BTW, Capital out of VA doesn't send a team either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, actually, they don't NEED to do anything. They have plenty of happy customers. If you're not happy YOU need to do something!

I agree with the first guy, they need to do something. Talking to many, many parents and it is nearly unanimous, everyone wants less players per team, please charge us more and do this! Maybe to only people who would want to avoid this move are the people who would need to move down.BOTC has the pulse of the people, people want this for the club, do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
as a first year TG parent I found many pros and cons to this program. The pros are my daughter enjoyed herself and made some new friends. It was nice to play with girls at the same skill level vs playing with town team. with that being said there is plenty of room for improvement. The lack of winter practice hurts this program, The girls get maybe 2/3 practices before going to MD. not enough to gel at all. The communication is not the best and the coaches seem less than enthusiastic to be there. You see all these other clubs with tents food bonding etc while TG seems to scatter between games. Paying around 3K when u factor in gas hotels etc one may rethink trying out again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with the first guy, they need to do something. Talking to many, many parents and it is nearly unanimous, everyone wants less players per team, please charge us more and do this! Maybe to only people who would want to avoid this move are the people who would need to move down.BOTC has the pulse of the people, people want this for the club, do it.

Get ready for a nasty response, they don't take constructive consumer advice well!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get ready for a nasty response, they don't take constructive consumer advice well!

They're probably not making those changes. They'll keep doing what they do, since it's working for them. If you're not happy, start looking into other clubs now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The teams will be getting smaller!
Rumor is that the top kids on 2019 Black are going to YJ next year. Guess the strong get stonger .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't really expect the coaches or BS to set up tents & make a grocery list for you or do you. How about this crazy idea get together with the other parents put together a grocery list set up a tent and help yourself. Believe it or not BS answers out a lot of emails from COLLEGE coaches, speaks constantly about our children to recruiters and spends time on the sidelines coaching what more do you want. He will answer any questions will call ahead to camps so our kids get that little extra look. Don't be afraid to approach him with any questions he will help you if you ask. He even attends high school games to watch his kids (Topguns) play. Stick with the program, believe in it and it will pay off. Just look at the commitments. Remember this has to be a joint effort with all parties involved to be successful. Play your part instead of griping.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't really expect the coaches or BS to set up tents & make a grocery list for you or do you. How about this crazy idea get together with the other parents put together a grocery list set up a tent and help yourself. Believe it or not BS answers out a lot of emails from COLLEGE coaches, speaks constantly about our children to recruiters and spends time on the sidelines coaching what more do you want. He will answer any questions will call ahead to camps so our kids get that little extra look. Don't be afraid to approach him with any questions he will help you if you ask. He even attends high school games to watch his kids (Topguns) play. Stick with the program, believe in it and it will pay off. Just look at the commitments. Remember this has to be a joint effort with all parties involved to be successful. Play your part instead of griping.

I love your post, and couldn't agree more! Everything's not perfect, but that's the case wherever you go. The grass isn't always greener, so find a club that meets most of your needs, stick with it, and do whatever YOU can to help make it better!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Setting up a tent and having snacks and food is not the director's job or even the coaches job. Most YJ teams have a team parent who coordinates this through group email. The team parent gets a volunteer to bring a tent, and then arranges volunteers to bring different items (water snack, etc.). I am surprised that TG teams don't do this (not all YJ teams do it either, but most do). If you want something like this I am sure you can talk to the powers that be and they would probably encourage it as it helps build team friendships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I too am a first year parent. I agree it should be up to the parents to coordinate that kind of thing. Maybe shoot a mass email of some sort. I for one don't mind siting away from everyone and relaxing lol
I do kind of agree that a few more practice might be helpful. Overall a great experience

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for responding here Bill

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Stop it. This has been my experience with Bill as well. No complaints.

On our team, we all brought food, share and share alike. A few families brought tents. We all spent every tournament together, huddled for shade, sharing food and fun.

I did spend time on a team where this did not happen. It was all very awkward and uncomfortable. You do need someone to step up and start the organizing and it's a team parent, not a club director or even the coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Stop it. This has been my experience with Bill as well. No complaints.

On our team, we all brought food, share and share alike. A few families brought tents. We all spent every tournament together, huddled for shade, sharing food and fun.

I did spend time on a team where this did not happen. It was all very awkward and uncomfortable. You do need someone to step up and start the organizing and it's a team parent, not a club director or even the coach.

Why organize it on a "team" basis? When you have 15 teams going to a single tournament, why not organize it on a "club" basis. And, I am not comparing clubs or teams or talent but I do see other clubs doing this on a "club" level and NOT at a team level. I see clubs like Elevate that have tons of people at their tent, not just single teams, it shouldnt be that hard to organize. I think it would add another dynamic to the club and help build more of a belonging to a club and not just being on a team. Just a thought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really can't believe parents are complaining about no tent or food etc.. I would rather have the director focus on other things like coaches, calls etc.. tents, food etc should be coordinated by team parents. a parent on my sons team send around a link with what s needed and parents sign up for what they will bring. but for a tourney run by a program it would be wise to have one big tent for all in the program for their own tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really can't believe parents are complaining about no tent or food etc.. I would rather have the director focus on other things like coaches, calls etc.. tents, food etc should be coordinated by team parents. a parent on my sons team send around a link with what s needed and parents sign up for what they will bring. but for a tourney run by a program it would be wise to have one big tent for all in the program for their own tourney.

TG parents HAVE been complaining about coaches, lack of communication, favoritism, etc., they just get hungry sometimes

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Why organize it on a "team" basis? When you have 15 teams going to a single tournament, why not organize it on a "club" basis. And, I am not comparing clubs or teams or talent but I do see other clubs doing this on a "club" level and NOT at a team level. I see clubs like Elevate that have tons of people at their tent, not just single teams, it shouldnt be that hard to organize. I think it would add another dynamic to the club and help build more of a belonging to a club and not just being on a team. Just a thought.

Because teams play on different fields that are often far-flung.

Trying to get a club to "camp" together would be chaos, and each team would probably end up sitting together anyway by virtue of sitting with whom you are familiar.

There are times when more than one team ends up in the same location, but that happens organically, when we're on the same fields, or when siblings are involved.

But hey, if you feel it should happen on a club level, contact your director. Be warned, those who make suggestions often end up organizing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG parents HAVE been complaining about coaches, lack of communication, favoritism, etc., they just get hungry sometimes

Like Parents in every other club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Complaining about food is all they have left.

No sense in complaining about the quality of lacrosse. IT OVER!!

Did you see the quality of their 2016,2017,2018 mixed U15 team??

OUCH!!! Maybe they move into catering

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"IT OVER"- Maybe you should think about getting an education. Then pound your chest over your daughter's win. Do you feel better coming on here making fun of girls that are 13, 14 and 15 years old? Do you feel better making sure your win was announced on 3 different flights home in front of our girls. No doubt you should be proud of your daughter's team. You have a deep pool of talent. Congratulations on your win. You deserved it. But try winning with some class both on the field, on the sidelines and in public.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree what a loser, no class

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"IT OVER"- Maybe you should think about getting an education. Then pound your chest over your daughter's win. Do you feel better coming on here making fun of girls that are 13, 14 and 15 years old? Do you feel better making sure your win was announced on 3 different flights home in front of our girls. No doubt you should be proud of your daughter's team. You have a deep pool of talent. Congratulations on your win. You deserved it. But try winning with some class both on the field, on the sidelines and in public.

YJ is a No class organization. To the parents who paid all of that money to go all the way to Colorado and watch your daughters sit on the sidelines while only the superstars played - you must be thrilled with your medals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns playing each other this weekend. Pathetic.

YJ been playing each other at their tournament for years. Previous YJ poster not smart enough to realize that and make stupid comment....priceless.

Same club teams playing each other used to bother me, then you realize that these games are usually much more competitive than the several crappy teams most tournaments schedule you for. So if your own club fields a team that is one of the better competitive matchups, that's fine by me, so long as you can avoid the nasty inter club fighting (ref: crucio v Jones).

But you're paying $1200/team plus coach expenses plus travel plus plus plus to scrimmage. Something you could just as easily schedule during practice time.

Listen, when you GO to a tournament, YOU PAY 1200 per team. When you HOST a tournament, you dont pay ANYTHING. All that happens is that, TG gets to tell parents that they get 4 tournaments a year and they are included in YOUR fee. INSTEAD of giving 1200 per team to SOMEBODY ELSE, BS gets to keep the 1200 (times 15 or however many teams there are). So, other clubs that pay the same fee per kid and dont host a tournament, have to pay out the 1200 per team per tournamnet, for TG you get to pay the same fee but the club gets to keep more $$$$'s? Got it?

Is that the way it works at mitchell field and that other ridiculous CT tourney? You probably play 1/3 of your summer seaon against other yj teams...

Maybe they like competition ,outside of 2020 TG really doesn't provide any!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be honest the TG U15 team did OK. In the Quarterfinals they obviously had the more difficult bracket. They lost to YJ Gold by a goal. It was a very competitive game and could have gone either way...a couple of TG goals disallowed. But kudos to YJ Gold they played great all tournament and were the better team

The TG team lost their consolation to Steps by a goal as as well. Another very competitive game. The Steps team lost by 2 to YJ Blue 2017 in the quarters...their closest game by far. The other side had Liberty and Eagle Stix...decent teams but not the same caliber as the others. Elevate and YJ Blue 2018 were the only teams on that side and both ended up losing to both YJ 2017 teams...

Again, this my opinion...not looking for an argument just how I saw it. Congratulation to the YJ organization...

Like Reply Quote
Page 111 of 220 1 2 109 110 111 112 113 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard