BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,504
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 110 of 220 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are there no out of state teams (AGAIN!) for TG tournament?? Plus parents spending mortgage payments to go to CO to play Long Island teams? With no recruiters? Tsk tsk

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Wow that's a money grab! Thanks for the info-was on the fence but will now save the coin.

Just heard from 2 friends on 2 different teams in CO, whoever said no coaches are there is...CORRECT! Apparently more coaches were at The Grind! TG parents already complaining because some girls seeing little playing time. What is the old saying? "You get what you get and you don't get updet..."

NY teams 18-0, outscoring their opponents 279-41. It's sad really.

It will at least be interesting to see who wins between TG, YJ, Elevate and Liberty, even if the games could have been played on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns Tourny all low level LI teams as expected. Not worth getting up for.

I see the Seven other clubs Listed for the Long Island Elite July 26th aka YJ make that a tournament to be at. 52 teams

28 YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you weren't at the Draw this year yes some good teams but not as strong in the upper grades as in years past. There use to be a larger number of the stronger clubs. [/quote]

Was the same weekend as IWLCA Champion's Cup in Richmond. Most clubs chose the recruiting tourney for their HS teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So please stay in bed...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you will see YJ 2017 Blue versus Elevate or perhaps YJ 2018 Blue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you will see YJ 2017 Blue versus Elevate or perhaps YJ 2018 Blue

That will give YJ17 a chance to avenge for their loss against Elevate from 2 weeks ago at the Rise. That would be a fun game to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If YJ, Elevate, Liberty and TG directors banned together to make a strong tourney on LI, the MD teams would attend. If all of those teams worked together to develop a strong tournament I think better teams outside of NY would attend. The issue is, each strong program on LI has their own tournament and none of them will support one another.

yeah, they don't make enough money as is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If YJ, Elevate, Liberty and TG directors banned together to make a strong tourney on LI, the MD teams would attend. If all of those teams worked together to develop a strong tournament I think better teams outside of NY would attend. The issue is, each strong program on LI has their own tournament and none of them will support one another.

Now that would be a brilliant move. The owners/directors/those in charge should put their egos aside and do this! It could be the largest competition in the Northeast. We have Mitchell Field, Seamen Neck Park, Field of Dreams, plus many high schools with turf fields that would support something like this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Put those jokers together in a room for 5 minutes and it will become crystal clear to you why this will never happen.

Now that would be a brilliant move. The owners/directors/those in charge should put their egos aside and do this! It could be the largest competition in the Northeast. We have Mitchell Field, Seamen Neck Park, Field of Dreams, plus many high schools with turf fields that would support something like this.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see the Seven other clubs Listed for the Long Island Elite July 26th aka YJ make that a tournament to be at. 52 teams

28 YJ

Where YJ tourney sched?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Top Guns Tourny all low level LI teams as expected. Not worth getting up for.

28 YJ

Where YJ tourney sched?

The teams that attend the Long Island Elite makes it comical. However after the Summer Sizzle anything is an upgrade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns playing each other this weekend. Pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Are you TG? Why do you care?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ been playing each other at their tournament for years. Previous YJ poster not smart enough to realize that and make stupid comment....priceless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Come on Powder you have your TG posters asking where they can get the YJ schedule for this weekend and you have no problem with that, yet this jackoff bothers you.Big U15 game coming up TG vs what I think is 3rd level YJ U15 team, need to win that one or its looks pretty bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ been playing each other at their tournament for years. Previous YJ poster not smart enough to realize that and make stupid comment....priceless.

Same club teams playing each other used to bother me, then you realize that these games are usually much more competitive than the several crappy teams most tournaments schedule you for. So if your own club fields a team that is one of the better competitive matchups, that's fine by me, so long as you can avoid the nasty inter club fighting (ref: crucio v Jones).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same club teams playing each other used to bother me, then you realize that these games are usually much more competitive than the several crappy teams most tournaments schedule you for. So if your own club fields a team that is one of the better competitive matchups, that's fine by me, so long as you can avoid the nasty inter club fighting (ref: crucio v Jones).

What fighting , everyone knows most of the nonsense is from outside the club be it YJ or TG but usually some idiot from outside stirring the pot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is no one going to mention the TG vs YJ Gold game at the U15 National Championship this evening, or are the buzzards swarming waiting for the results before sitting the pot?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But you're paying $1200/team plus coach expenses plus travel plus plus plus to scrimmage. Something you could just as easily schedule during practice time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is no one going to mention the TG vs YJ Gold game at the U15 National Championship this evening, or are the buzzards swarming waiting for the results before sitting the pot?

Can you tell us the results and who is left in the tournament at this point? YJ Gold beat TG????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But you're paying $1200/team plus coach expenses plus travel plus plus plus to scrimmage. Something you could just as easily schedule during practice time.

Listen, when you GO to a tournament, YOU PAY 1200 per team. When you HOST a tournament, you dont pay ANYTHING. All that happens is that, TG gets to tell parents that they get 4 tournaments a year and they are included in YOUR fee. INSTEAD of giving 1200 per team to SOMEBODY ELSE, BS gets to keep the 1200 (times 15 or however many teams there are). So, other clubs that pay the same fee per kid and dont host a tournament, have to pay out the 1200 per team per tournamnet, for TG you get to pay the same fee but the club gets to keep more $$$$'s? Got it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG lost 9-8

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns looses to YJ at U15.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2017 GOLD beats Top Guns by one goal. Exciting back and forth game. Followed it on the Live Blog on US Lacrosse website. History does not repeat itself. 3 YJ teams in semi-finals tomorrow with Elevate the other contender.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$1300 and you are correct. Come on Powder-don't you yhink our money would have better spent going to another tournament and plauing out of state opponents? Inter club scrimmages should have been done at every practice tjis year, maybe then the girls would have learned draw control! None of the teams have grasped that yet!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Guns are packing their bags, and the angry parents are furious

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they lost to YJ gold? What was the score?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2017 GOLD beats Top Guns by one goal. Exciting back and forth game. Followed it on the Live Blog on US Lacrosse website. History does not repeat itself. 3 YJ teams in semi-finals tomorrow with Elevate the other contender.

So Elevate will have to beat 2 YJ Teams back to back to win the Championship. Tough task at hand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for U15?
I'm thinking TG's have very little chance, weak 17's. Trying to patch up with 18's will not work. Probably the 2 weakest age groups for black teams in the program. We will see if I am wrong, but I don't think so.

Spot on analysis. TG will have to wait for the 2020 group for next shot at this. 2017 and 18's are a million miles away.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Come on Powder you have your TG posters asking where they can get the YJ schedule for this weekend and you have no problem with that, yet this jackoff bothers you.Big U15 game coming up TG vs what I think is 3rd level YJ U15 team, need to win that one or its looks pretty bad.

And who are you? That's what I'm asking. What's your agenda? I have no idea who is posting on your YJ thread. Could be anyone because no one has the cojones to register for a screename and own their comments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost to gold! Not blue, gold!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost to gold! Not blue, gold!

So what? Gold is a very good team. Blue might be the best in the country, and gold is probably better than most program's A teams. What's the big deal? Do you think TG expected to win this year, with the group they assembled, vs. those YJ and Elevate teams? This is not a shocking story people! Sounds like it was a great game! Too bad that can't be appreciated, and it has to be turned into some other nonsense, for people to start bitching, and attacking each other....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ has been playing each other for YEARS and now it happens with TG, and it's a big disgusting travesty? BIG DEAL, who cares?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Powder I could register under some BS screen name, meaningless , not ballsy.TG top U15 team loses to 3rd level YJ U15 , thats got to hurt. Where are the TG coolaide drinkers saying YJ is terrible unless on top team, I guess it shows that YJ is deep. Your 2020 group will struggle as several key players are just a little too old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Listen, when you GO to a tournament, YOU PAY 1200 per team. When you HOST a tournament, you dont pay ANYTHING. All that happens is that, TG gets to tell parents that they get 4 tournaments a year and they are included in YOUR fee. INSTEAD of giving 1200 per team to SOMEBODY ELSE, BS gets to keep the 1200 (times 15 or however many teams there are). So, other clubs that pay the same fee per kid and dont host a tournament, have to pay out the 1200 per team per tournamnet, for TG you get to pay the same fee but the club gets to keep more $$$$'s? Got it?

So either way you (the parent) pays, it's just a matter of who pockets the money? Really splitting hairs aren't you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Powder I could register under some BS screen name, meaningless , not ballsy.TG top U15 team loses to 3rd level YJ U15 , thats got to hurt. Where are the TG coolaide drinkers saying YJ is terrible unless on top team, I guess it shows that YJ is deep. Your 2020 group will struggle as several key players are just a little too old.

I'm a TG parent, and I know they're 2017 Gold team is very, very good. They just happen to be behind that Blue team, which is unbelievable! They are better than most program's top teams. What, now they're a low level team, so you can blast TG and say they're weak for losing to Gold? That's a dumb argument. There's no story here. One really good team beat another by one goal. That's it. Get a life!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a TG parent, and I know they're 2017 Gold team is very, very good. They just happen to be behind that Blue team, which is unbelievable! They are better than most program's top teams. What, now they're a low level team, so you can blast TG and say they're weak for losing to Gold? That's a dumb argument. There's no story here. One really good team beat another by one goal. That's it. Get a life!

Come on TG. Many of you went crazy when you beat YJs last year. Some showed a serious lack of class. Don't try to take the high road now because when you won, you were not quite as gracious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ top 3 teams in this age group are much better than TG, period. Time to lick your wounds and concentrate on holding more than 1 practice a week and moving some black and purple girls around. TG could have 2 very competitive teams but there needs to be dedication and commitment from BOTH players and coaches. Yesterday was the last practice of the season and FINALLY the girls all scrimmaged, too bad Shannon completely ignored them and instead gave a private lesson to a girl. Hoping next year it is not about the almighty dollar and they go back to 2 teams that will carry strong players.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Come on TG. Many of you went crazy when you beat YJs last year. Some showed a serious lack of class. Don't try to take the high road now because when you won, you were not quite as gracious.

Class left the building a long time ago when these two teams go at each other here. My two cents: YJ lorded themselves over TG for a long time, so when TG won the U15, they returned the favor. Now YJ is returning the favor. I wish everybody would stop beating their chests over this.

Like Reply Quote
Page 110 of 220 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard