BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2015 Team Tryouts are coming up soon...with all of the top teams out there like 91 SMASH and UNITED and Team Long Island - is it really worth trying out for those teams ? Are they already set at this juncture ? They seem to steam roll the competition wherever they go.. so are there really any true openings? Any current players leaving ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2015 Team Tryouts are coming up soon...with all of the top teams out there like 91 SMASH and UNITED and Team Long Island - is it really worth trying out for those teams ? Are they already set at this juncture ? They seem to steam roll the competition wherever they go.. so are there really any true openings? Any current players leaving ?

I would go for the Express. That team collected a nice core and should be all caught up by next year. They should be able to beat the top teams by next spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always openings. SMASH pick up a new player before the NXT tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had heard that Express was picking up kids throughout the Spring and ended with a big roster.. anyone know if this is true ? I don't want to commit to a club if they won't commit to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had heard that Express was picking up kids throughout the Spring and ended with a big roster.. anyone know if this is true ? I don't want to commit to a club if they won't commit to me.

I hear good change is coming to that team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok.. so is it true that the Express roster expanded as the season went on ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express roster actually got smaller a player left the team during the winter after tryouts there was 22 players and season ended with 21

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island tournaments go by Grad year. It does not matter what the date is the 2020's play 2020 every year...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha- what a joke that situation is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smash, United, & TLI have turnover on their rosters every year. If you think your son is good enough to make one of those teams then definitely bring him to try out...If he is, they will take him

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha- what a joke that situation is

What is the situation?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two Great Semifinal Games this weekend at NXT Cup;

Smash and United were back and forth with Smash winning late in the game 6-4. At one time United was up 2 goals.

On the Field next to them TLI was in a battle with Mesa Fresh that TLI won in OT. Unbelievable high level lacrosse being played by all 4 clubs.

Smash is Clearly #1. I think only 1 to 2 goals separates United, TLI, Igloo, Express and Team 32.

Lot of great lacrosse players at this age on LI.

Agreed. I would also include Daler Nation, Garden City, 3 Village and Port Washington into the mix as top town teams. If they are able to keep the boys together in house for the long term, I can't wait to see what they look like in a few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smash and United were back and forth with Smash winning late in the game 6-4. At one time United was up 2 goals.

On the Field next to them TLI was in a battle with Mesa Fresh that TLI won in OT. Unbelievable high level lacrosse being played by all 4 clubs.

Smash is Clearly #1. I think only 1 to 2 goals separates United, TLI, Igloo, Express and Team 32.

Agreed. I would also include Daler Nation, Garden City, 3 Village and Port Washington into the mix as top town teams. If they are able to keep the boys together in house for the long term, I can't wait to see what they look like in a few years.

It will be interesting to see what happens this year with the town v. travel approach. Manhasset, 3V and Garden City have moved to the town approach where their kids only play for their town (non PAL) teams and they don't play travel. The other good town teams - CSH, Smithtown, Northport, Port Washington, Farmingdale come to mind - still have their top kids playing travel. It will be interesting to see if that continues or they move to the town model.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH will continue to allow their players to play for travel teams. CSH has talented teams in rising 7th. 6th and 5th but pool of kids is too small and if a few buck the system to play travel and were to be shut out of town as a result, they could not compete at the same level. Its a matter of numbers. The bigger towns can afford to have a few top players not play for the town and still compete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a player is going to continue to develop he must play with other kids that are either at the same level as he or above. Too many "TOWN" teams only have a handful of such players due to the small size of their School Districts. Shame on those "Towns" that frown upon a player wanting more out of lacrosse than the Town can currently deliver. These are 10 year olds.. let them play and develop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be interesting to see what happens this year with the town v. travel approach. Manhasset, 3V and Garden City have moved to the town approach where their kids only play for their town (non PAL) teams and they don't play travel. The other good town teams - CSH, Smithtown, Northport, Port Washington, Farmingdale come to mind - still have their top kids playing travel. It will be interesting to see if that continues or they move to the town model.

One day they'll realize that without a club you can't get into team recruiting events, when they reach that age. So NXT showcase, Adrenaline, etc will not be an option. And Jake Reed and Brine will be hard to get to without those club helmets. Have to really standout, sorry reality. So don't stand for those town ultimatums. Play both town and travel and tell the town huggers to go scratch and you'll decide what's best for your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are a number of up and coming 2022 teams such as Jesters, Legacy and Outlaws. Each have some good players and at anytime the tables could turn. Time and coaching will tell if these kids stay together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One day they'll realize that without a club you can't get into team recruiting events, when they reach that age. So NXT showcase, Adrenaline, etc will not be an option. And Jake Reed and Brine will be hard to get to without those club helmets. Have to really standout, sorry reality. So don't stand for those town ultimatums. Play both town and travel and tell the town huggers to go scratch and you'll decide what's best for your kid.

Agreed. But what if your town A team beats club teams regularly and the varsity coaches are involved in the town's spring and summer seasons? Then what? Do you still need a club to get the necessary looks for the showcases...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. Another strong reason to let the kids play outside travel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would agree with that the jesters look like a team up and coming not there yet but they have a few really good players on that team the Outlaws two if they can keep what they have and add some better players they might close the gap with Igloo or United and Express but I bet Igloo is not going to get worse I am sure they will go out and get some better players same with United its a good 2022 class of boys well see what happens next year fun to watch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. But what if your town A team beats club teams regularly and the varsity coaches are involved in the town's spring and summer seasons? Then what? Do you still need a club to get the necessary looks for the showcases...

You do because the top team showcases are all invite only. I am not anti town summer lax. I am anti making a kid feel like he has to choose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like igloo is playing in stowe, tv against manhasset 32 should be a good matchup. Based on igloos website the 2022 team played 3 of 5 tournaments out of state, just sayin, that plus $3,500 is a big nut. Let's hope they can beat the town team of 32

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed- no one should dictate what is best for your child. The town teams try to say that there are conflicts between town and club teams. That is not the case. They are just holding players back from reaching their full potential. Ultimately, by making people choose, all they really are are bully's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why drive 10 hours to go play a town team from LI ? Why the [lacrosse] can't we have tournaments every weekend here? What , not enough resteraunts , or beaches or hotels for the out of towners ? We are the only nuts who love to throw our $$ away traveling all over to just wind up playing another LI team in the finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why drive 10 hours to go play a town team from LI ? Why the [lacrosse] can't we have tournaments every weekend here? What , not enough resteraunts , or beaches or hotels for the out of towners ? We are the only nuts who love to throw our $$ away traveling all over to just wind up playing another LI team in the finals.

Driving that far is a little much. But I will say that the players love going to Pennsylvania, Delaware, Md., N.J. etc. to play. They have a blast staying in the hotel with their teammates. They remember that stuff as much as the games. A little traffic on the Belt and Jersey Turnpike is worth it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's all great

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Driving that far is a little much. But I will say that the players love going to Pennsylvania, Delaware, Md., N.J. etc. to play. They have a blast staying in the hotel with their teammates. They remember that stuff as much as the games. A little traffic on the Belt and Jersey Turnpike is worth it.

Travel is great experience for kids and families. travelling 4 out of 5 tournaments is crazy. Going to VT is crazy. If you add that kind of travel to the cost of these teams you are looking at $6-7,000 a year to play 10 year old lacrosse. How about one trip to Hershey?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone is missing the point. Travel lacrosse is about a different kind of experience. It's about building friendships, networking and player enjoyment. If you don't have that experience then go to a team that does. My son player for igloo and it's the best experience he has ever had.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of clubs offer travel tournaments to MA, NJ, MD, CT, and PA.. and the ability to build friendships..but you don't need to spend nearly as much money as with Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of clubs offer travel tournaments to MA, NJ, MD, CT, and PA.. and the ability to build friendships..but you don't need to spend nearly as much money as with Igloo.

Igloo 2022 finally beat 32 in VT, and went on to win the tournament, go igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 2022 has a great team. The Outlaws played them in the championship game in Princeton at the Fall Brawl. Although Igloo beat us, the parents and boys at no time were unsportsman like. Regardless of some of the negative comments on this feed, they are an excellent team and play fair. It was a good experience. Can't say the same for some of the other teams. Beasts for parents and arrogance breeds their tents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should read: Igloo 2022 finally beat Manhasset 32 Lax 2023.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What the heck are you talking about? Finally?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 32 2023 is ok. Probably behind bandits, badgers, outlaws, TLI, gc,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So Igloo went to Vermont to play in 2022/2023 team? I thought they played up not down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 32 2023 is better than "ok".
This crew stays together for 7-8 years..loses more close games, watch out, they'll know how to win when it counts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
before you get all huffy, maybe check the board 1st. this is what the comment was referring to:

Igloo 2022 finally beat 32 in VT, and went on to win the tournament, go igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
32 played up. when trip was planned a 2023 divisions was anticipated. as manhasset parent i have a lot of respect for this igloo team--not only for their lacrosse ability but the way they conducted themselves the entire weekend. they deserve a lot of credit on how they handled the game with 32.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the Igloo coaches stay the same for next year? Nice group of guys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the mailig said for all the teams they will hire at least one coach that has played high level lacrosse.
Will the Igloo coaches stay the same for next year? Nice group of guys.

Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard