BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 25 1 2 23 24 25
Re: Age Verification
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes then another 10$ in their pockets and another 3$ administration fee per team event you are paying for x 20-25 boys per team 250$ per team plus 75$ per event

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son is on the younger side so I'm all for age verification, but I think this age passport thing is nonsense. Why is it only good for two years? His DOB isn't going to change in two years. Money scam

No doubt there's a profit motive, however, 10 bucks is 2 cups of coffee for gods sake. If it starts turning the tide, I'm all for it. Mines already committed, so no real impact here. I just think it has to change.
This is needed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous].....

Pease don't tell me they know how to enforce the age issue and chose money over the kids safety.
We are over here dealing with 12 yr old's playing against 10 yr old's and they have the ability to stop it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous].....

Pease don't tell me they know how to enforce the age issue and chose money over the kids safety.
We are over here dealing with 12 yr old's playing against 10 yr old's and they have the ability to stop it?

Of course they know how! They just have to look at soccer and see they do it very well. They have to want to change it. It’s worked well for a certain group of people who like it the way it is. People who can take advantage of the system. Gain advantages by playing the system. It’s dangerous and needs to be changed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know US lacrosse is going the wrong way when dollars over safety are the priority.

The US lacrosse website shows who the board of directors are.
It shows Kristen Carr as the Representative to Sports Science & Safety Committee.
Surely Mrs. Carr must know that having 15 yr old's pay 13 yr old's is not safe?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sure if they ( US Lacrosse) have the infrastructure to take on this monumental task. They should start offering the service at the convention fan fest, NCAA final 4 etc.
They already have it in place. All you need to do is have the tournament require a US lacrosse number for all participants and they get the insurance to cover the tourney. This would easily solve the issue of age questions

Now, it's on the tournaments to all buy in to the concept. US Lacrosse can only go so far in regards to mandates.

The Women's college coaching association led the way on the women's side. The Men's college coaches (IMLCA) is lagging here and has been an annual battle because some coaches do not want to go that route.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel teams do not care & they are running the show. They want the older kids & the holdbacks. Wins = more k ids coming to their program.

Some kids will graduate high school when they are 20!! Facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well let’s see what happens because there is a lot of chatter, but until I see something concrete I’m skeptical. Your comments demonstrate a real lack of comprehension on how things can potentially work though. Yes, club teams can do what they want around configuring teams as old as possible today because the rules and framework that exists allows that. And above there is limited enforcement of existing suboptimal rules. New standards from central authorities cascades to insurance requirements, and ultimately liability considerations and can potentially change everything in an instant. what’s best and preferred from the standpoint of a club team can easily change so as to secure their ongoing revenue streams. Remember, They like revenue not holdbacks. In todays framework holdbacks help them get revenue.

Ultimately all this is for the enjoyment and growth of kids - the vast majority of which won’t even be recruited let alone play in college. Seems that is always forgotten.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel teams do not care & they are running the show. They want the older kids & the holdbacks. Wins = more k ids coming to their program..

They may not care but US lacrosse finally does. The sport grew, money has been made, and now the age framework they came up with a couple of years ago will finally be enforced. It may be to late for some kids but at least the younger kids coming up won't have to deal with these shenanigan's.

Well done US Lacrosse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you realize that there are many big tournaments that don’t use US Lacrosse insurance?

Even if they did make the change. it stops nothing. Literally nothing. The big clubs would just go to different tournaments. And the college coaches would follow because that’s where the best players would be. And you’d effectively have a major league and a minor league of talent at tournaments.

The clubs themselves would actually have to decide to change this.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe best route to change would be the college coaches signing a pact to only attend age based events and not to recruit before Jr year in HS.

Classic post - in one sentence you want to play age based but get recruited grade based.....lol..... so you want college coaches to volunteer to sign a pact that would make their job 100x's more difficult by making tournaments age based and then only let them start recruiting on a grade base.

Age based tournaments are never going to happen on the HS level and they should not. I don't want my 9th grader playing against 8th graders because they are the same age, I want my 9th grader to play against other 9th graders that he is competing with for recruiting - IMHO

Why not make it like hockey? Club is birth year all the way up, while high school is grade based. If a kid wants to take 2 extra years for high school, fine. But it shouldn't come at the expense of other players in club/youth sports. Only a fraction of club players are actually going D1, the rest are trying to have some fun and maybe, just maybe, get lucky and have a college coach at some level send them an email. It's for those kids that the sport needs rules. The top on age kids don't matter, they will compete just fine with holdbacks. But it's those bottom kids that are new to lax or are from developing lax areas that grow the game. If they come out to a tourney and get mauled by teams full of repeats, they aren't going to have much fun and are more likely to not only quit themselves, but also choose other sports for their own kids one day.

I agree about the small percentage of lacrosse players that will eventually play D1 but in lacrosse D1 is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and that is precisely why tournaments MUST stay grade based - so it can help the kids get recruited by playing against kids in their same HS graduation year

Hockey is aged based and that works for them because the pot of gold at the end of the hockey rainbow is the NHL draft for 17 year old kids and it is age based so kids playing against the same age are also competing with the kids they are competing with to get drafted

It's actually a reasonably large percentage of players who eventually play D1 -- this is a Long Island club thread.

Maybe best route to change would be the college coaches signing a pact to only attend age based events and not to recruit before Jr year in HS.

Classic post - in one sentence you want to play age based but get recruited grade based.....lol..... so you want college coaches to volunteer to sign a pact that would make their job 100x's more difficult by making tournaments age based and then only let them start recruiting on a grade base.

Age based tournaments are never going to happen on the HS level and they should not. I don't want my 9th grader playing against 8th graders because they are the same age, I want my 9th grader to play against other 9th graders that he is competing with for recruiting - IMHO

Why not make it like hockey? Club is birth year all the way up, while high school is grade based. If a kid wants to take 2 extra years for high school, fine. But it shouldn't come at the expense of other players in club/youth sports. Only a fraction of club players are actually going D1, the rest are trying to have some fun and maybe, just maybe, get lucky and have a college coach at some level send them an email. It's for those kids that the sport needs rules. The top on age kids don't matter, they will compete just fine with holdbacks. But it's those bottom kids that are new to lax or are from developing lax areas that grow the game. If they come out to a tourney and get mauled by teams full of repeats, they aren't going to have much fun and are more likely to not only quit themselves, but also choose other sports for their own kids one day.

I agree about the small percentage of lacrosse players that will eventually play D1 but in lacrosse D1 is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and that is precisely why tournaments MUST stay grade based - so it can help the kids get recruited by playing against kids in their same HS graduation year

Hockey is aged based and that works for them because the pot of gold at the end of the hockey rainbow is the NHL draft for 17 year old kids and it is age based so kids playing against the same age are also competing with the kids they are competing with to get drafted

Just admit that you're a cheater and want to make things easier for other cheaters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's actually a reasonably large percentage of players who eventually play D1 -- this is a Long Island club thread.

Just admit that you're a cheater and want to make things easier for other cheaters.

Cheat all you want in HS for this "pot of gold"
In the MS/Youth ages groups playing your older kid down against younger kids is disgusting.

I'm not waiting for the age rules to go into effect next year.
I'm playing my kid down this year so he can finally play on age this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just don’t understand the impetus of playing down. I feel like if anything should be done, you should play up. Yes maybe a very small mentoring will strike gold and end up at a phenomenal school but the majority of them do not. And then now you have delayed your kids future by 1-3 years for a sport where there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Then there are the life lessons taught that if you can’t succeed with your peers you should pick on someone not your own size. Finally there is the equity issue as this tends to favor the wealthy. Maybe some pros for holdbacks but I see a lot more cons in the end.

But I too will not hold my breath until something tangible happens. Clubs and colleges control the money flow / power. They have no incentive to change it. Not entirely analogous to NCAA football and the power conferences that control that sport but you can certainly see the parallels

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like change is coming, per Insidelacrosse.com today...
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...cation-is-coming-to-youth-lacrosse/60381

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheat all you want in HS for this "pot of gold"
In the MS/Youth ages groups playing your older kid down against younger kids is disgusting.

I'm not waiting for the age rules to go into effect next year.
I'm playing my kid down this year so he can finally play on age this summer.[/quote]

Your kid must be on 91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outstanding news.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well done. Starting this fall all kids younger than 2029 will be aged base until high school.Great stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s about time. Are the holdback daddies twitching?? Love to see it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its progress but not perfect. June 1 cutoff so still will include kids who will turn 15 at end of 8th grade. Doesn't seem to include any rule on allowing to repeat if you fall within the guideline. So if you were on the young end and had a birthday in early june you can repeat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its progress but not perfect. June 1 cutoff so still will include kids who will turn 15 at end of 8th grade. Doesn't seem to include any rule on allowing to repeat if you fall within the guideline. So if you were on the young end and had a birthday in early june you can repeat.
Is it an 18 month window which doesnt really address the whiners concerns where a bigger kid should never ever play against a smaller kid. Lets go to weight class like wrestling. Colleges still want the older kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it an 18 month window which doesnt really address the whiners concerns where a bigger kid should never ever play against a smaller kid. Lets go to weight class like wrestling. Colleges still want the older kids.

It’s a 15 month window. If your kid can’t compete now it’s time to realize you should probably just stick rec league and call it a day. These debates should be over, anyone who complains now should take up needlepoint

Like Reply Quote
Page 25 of 25 1 2 23 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard