BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,300
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 310 of 327 1 2 308 309 310 311 312 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
i cannot for the life of me understand why you guys continue to drop and waste money on this club given various options in long island

Because it is by far the best option on LI on so many levels and it is not even close. But that is only true for the Blue team. It is a no brainer for the first 24 spots, after that you are correct, the rest of the 99% girls on LI need a team to play on too, and there are many various good options from that point on, which include the lower YJ teams.

Unless your daughter is in 8th grade......that team/grade can’t get out of its own way, and is not the best option!

From a pure standpoint of there being another team on LI that can beat that one particular team, you may be correct. But the track record of graduating YJ classes going way back to 2001, has paved the path for the one down year, and yes it is still the best option on LI. Whether it is fair or not, these players will get the benefit of the doubt come recruiting time, and will see and have more opportunities. It is the one and only year that the club has a team merely on level with the rest of the best teams on LI. Still not a bad position to be in.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question from a curious parent down south. What is the NY/LI take on Chris Robinson's ploy to implement the NGLL in various areas of the country? We're indifferent to his strategy as our daughter is in HS and won't have the opportunity to participate.

Curious nonetheless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wants to make sure his kid starts. I think he's also the team mom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m just curious if the YJ’s will join this league. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question from a curious parent down south. What is the NY/LI take on Chris Robinson's ploy to implement the NGLL in various areas of the country? We're indifferent to his strategy as our daughter is in HS and won't have the opportunity to participate.

Curious nonetheless.

If you live in a area with enough teams to have a actual league like the one in MD it’s great but the “playday” there pushing in other areas is some BS as well is the before and after tournaments $$$. Although it will eliminate the Rec teams which a lot of girls like to play to havei fun/friends on thise teams and not as much pressure to perform constantly.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m just curious if the YJ’s will join this league. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

i would say no

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. She probably won’t let that “Elite Manning team” play either. Bahahahahahaha! Elite my a**!!! Pure garbage

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sound a little bitter. Was talking about the club itself not one team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There’s only one reason for that type of response.

Enjoy B or C status on the club that accepted you

Nope. She probably won’t let that “Elite Manning team” play either. Bahahahahahaha! Elite my a**!!! Pure garbage

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She also will not let TG play in the G8 at every age group TH is a top 8 team shame or CR for being that petty.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She also will not let TG play in the G8 at every age group TH is a top 8 team shame or CR for being that petty.

Not the 2021 team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why doesn't Top Guns Create an event in which all the college coaches attend and the top clubs team go to? Why don't they create opportunities for their kids to be seen for their families rather than have those families cry about it? Yes she is making money, but someone would be either way.

Is it because they are lazy? Is it because no one likes the Smith family outside of Top Guns? Is it because BS has burned so many people in paat business deals that no one will enter into a business relationship? Is it All of the above?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why doesn't Top Guns Create an event in which all the college coaches attend and the top clubs team go to? Why don't they create opportunities for their kids to be seen for their families rather than have those families cry about it? Yes she is making money, but someone would be either way.

Is it because they are lazy? Is it because no one likes the Smith family outside of Top Guns? Is it because BS has burned so many people in paat business deals that no one will enter into a business relationship? Is it All of the above?

Sad, but true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]She also will not let TG play in the G8 at every age group TH is a top 8 team shame or CR for being that petty.

Not the 2021 team

Please name the top 8 teams if TG isn't one of them. Skywalkers is the top team who else is top 8

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've coached a lot of girls club lacrosse and yes TG has a great team at some age groups, however there is a huge drop off from TG Black to TG Purple. G8 is for organizations that typically have solid "A" and "B" teams (With exception of Monster and Top Side Snipers). Not all at the G8, but most. I'm also certain it's probably a bit personal as well, but the above statement is fairly accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would CR invite her main competition to an event that has been very successful without them . No need for the drama .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is CR only sending her 2024 team to the Spooky Nook indoor lacrosse tournament and not sending her 2023 team? She is also sending her 2023 YJ south team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is CR only sending her 2024 team to the Spooky Nook indoor lacrosse tournament and not sending her 2023 team? She is also sending her 2023 YJ south team.

First off it’s a bit of a money grab tournament especially in the travel lacrosse groupings . Second I would bet CR has nothing to do w which teams go and it is more a coach or parent from those teams put it out their and they decided to go .Its a 7 on 7 that is a nightmare if all 24 on those teams decide to go .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Biggest thugs in lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are the Smiths for 100.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both people making these posts should be ashamed of yourselves. How can you be so angry and jaded that on Christmas Day you are posting this poison. Really sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I still for the life of me don't understand how the owner of a club can also be the owner of 10 tournaments and force her teams to play in them while charging full price or in essence is double dipping on her OWN players.

Then at those tournaments can protect her teams with favorable divisional placements which will yield the most success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound like the fat bald Dad from West Islip who thinks he runs top guns

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I still for the life of me don't understand how the owner of a club can also be the owner of 10 tournaments and force her teams to play in them while charging full price or in essence is double dipping on her OWN players.

Then at those tournaments can protect her teams with favorable divisional placements which will yield the most success.

YJ total team/tournament fees are cheap compared to their peers, do five minutes of research.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both people making these posts should be ashamed of yourselves. How can you be so angry and jaded that on Christmas Day you are posting this poison. Really sad.

Have you ever seen any YJ game? There are guaranteed to be at least 3 red cards. They teach their kids to injure other girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you ever seen any YJ game? There are guaranteed to be at least 3 red cards. They teach their kids to injure other girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now I get it you actually believe your own nonsense. You should video their secret practices at the MMA facility.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now I get it you actually believe your own nonsense. You should video their secret practices at the MMA facility.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have seen 100’s of girls lacrosse games and have never seen a red card given. Stop being so dramatic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have seen 100’s of girls lacrosse games and have never seen a red card given. Stop being so dramatic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I still for the life of me don't understand how the owner of a club can also be the owner of 10 tournaments and force her teams to play in them while charging full price or in essence is double dipping on her OWN players.

YJ total team/tournament fees are cheap compared to their peers, do five minutes of research.

Not true. YJ just charges you separately for training fees, tournaments and any additional winter training. YJ is like a car dealership once you add on all the extras you are above sticker price of most clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why would CR invite her main competition to an event that has been very successful without them . No need for the drama .

If you haven't noticed the younger YJ teams are dominant. If CR invites teams to play in her tournaments its a great sales pitch to recruit girls over to her club when you beat those other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
red cards are never given out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. Watch them in tournaments, especially rhe USL championship. Total thugs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I still for the life of me don't understand how the owner of a club can also be the owner of 10 tournaments and force her teams to play in them while charging full price or in essence is double dipping on her OWN players.

Not true. YJ just charges you separately for training fees, tournaments and any additional winter training. YJ is like a car dealership once you add on all the extras you are above sticker price of most clubs.

Been in program since 4th grade as 2021, never paid training fees, winter training fees or personal training fees and never impacted playing time. Younger age group is all inclusive fee for summer, fall tourneys are option and per tournament. Older teams are team fee and per tournament fees but only if you choose to atttend. Is is cheap compared to the other programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]I still for the life of me don't understand how the owner of a club can also be the owner of 10 tournaments and force her teams to play in them while charging full price or in essence is double dipping on her OWN players.

Been in program since 4th grade as 2021, never paid training fees, winter training fees or personal training fees and never impacted playing time. Younger age group is all inclusive fee for summer, fall tourneys are option and per tournament. Older teams are team fee and per tournament fees but only if you choose to atttend. Is is cheap compared to the other programs.

You have to pay for your practices and summer tournaments. If you want more lax you pay for winter training and fall tournaments separately. It may appear cheaper but you are getting less. Everything is al a cart. When you add up everything some of the other clubs offer you are getting more for your money YJ is cheaper cause you are getting less. You get what you pay for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s with the dad “managers” of some of these teams. They seem to organize indoor and all the communications (as opposed to the coach ). Do there daughters not have to pay tuition?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. Watch them in tournaments, especially rhe USL championship. Total thugs.

True. I've seen it first hand, up to and including a broken bone caused by dirty play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s with the dad “managers” of some of these teams. They seem to organize indoor and all the communications (as opposed to the coach ). Do there daughters not have to pay tuition?

usually doesn't have anything to do with tuition..I cant speak to every situation but as afar as I know, a parent or two will ask around to see who is interested in doing a 5v5 or 7v7 type tournament outside of what the team does ( this often times create some drama as not everyone will be asked and those that are'nt only find out teammates were playing somewhere after seeing social media post etc).
If asked CR usually gives permission to these groups to wear YJ pinnies

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Bottom line is that if you have the grades and play lax, this is the club for you because of the exposure. I am in a top 3 school district in Nassau and every girl that had the grades that played for this club went to an Ivy or a top 10 university. Otherwise, girls from my district that didn’t have the grades went elsewhere and making the commitment to this club might as well be a waste. Go with Icon, Jesters, Liberty, Top Gun etc..Priority still has to be the school and the grades before lax if looking to get into a top tier school.

Like Reply Quote
Page 310 of 327 1 2 308 309 310 311 312 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard