BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 231 of 327 1 2 229 230 231 232 233 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As an outside observer, I was hoping I could get a question answered? Are YJ girls taught to engage on defense with their bottom hand extended and basically butt ending the attacking player? I see it consistently at all grade levels.

If you watched Mount Sinai - which is basically all YJ's - you would see all of the YJ tactics on display. Butt ends, cross checks, checking around the head, flops, goggle grabs, pulling strings, walking after the whistle, throwing your stick and knocking off your own goggles and head band, etc. etc.

It's really gross to teach the players to play the way they play.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah I almost forgot. Thanks Carol for treating gold like second class citizens once again. Tell me again why I should stay.

How exactly did she treat you like a second class citizen? Any and all teams playing this weekend are on their own. CR had nothing to do with setting it up. Step up to the plate and do something to help your daughter's team out. If her team is not here, it's on you!

What tourn. are we speaking about here.. as a "second class" citizen I would be interested in knowing. Maybe next year I can step up for us and organize a trip..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah I almost forgot. Thanks Carol for treating gold like second class citizens once again. Tell me again why I should stay.

How exactly did she treat you like a second class citizen? Any and all teams playing this weekend are on their own. CR had nothing to do with setting it up. Step up to the plate and do something to help your daughter's team out. If her team is not here, it's on you!

What tourn. are we speaking about here.. as a "second class" citizen I would be interested in knowing. Maybe next year I can step up for us and organize a trip..

The 2019, 2020 and 2021 Blue teams all played in the Mid-Atlantic Spring Club Championships in Balimore this weekend. These weren't listed on website and were setup by the coaches. It was a great tournament this year with a lot of great competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How did the 2020s do today?
How did the 2020s do today?

Lost in finals, lots of unhappy players and parents on 2020 Curcio. Huntington HS mom coach at it again. Kids left crying and team lost because of coaches. They got away from what makes them a great "TEAM" and went with a bunch of individuals out of there normal positions while some children were playing entire games including pool play and about 40-50 % of roster barely played and many didn't play at all. Oh and yes her daughter played entire games every second of most games, the games that she didn't play every second she played 90% of!

Are you under the impression that other top clubs don't do the same thing? As an M&D parent, I can assure you that they always play to win. This isn't town/rec lacrosse. There are plenty of games that YJ play that are blowouts and I am sure that the rest of the roster plays plents throughout a tournament. But yes, in a close game, there are girls thta hardly play or do not play at all. [/quote

Yes but her daughter is not good enough to warrant that much playtime, that's the difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you M&D parent. You are 100% correct with your statement.
At this level kids will have greatly reduced roles and playing time. If you are not happy, maybe your kid should put more time in on the practice field. I saw all of the 2020 games over the weekend. When the second team was in ( non starters ) there was a drop off in talent. Just stating the obvious. The cry baby parents take the prize for this weekend. Non stop bitching and moaning about playing time. I really feel bad for the coaches who have to listen to these crazy parents all weekend long.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost in finals, lots of unhappy players and parents on 2020 Curcio. Huntington HS mom coach at it again. Kids left crying and team lost because of coaches. They got away from what makes them a great "TEAM" and went with a bunch of individuals out of there normal positions while some children were playing entire games including pool play and about 40-50 % of roster barely played and many didn't play at all. Oh and yes her daughter played entire games every second of most games, the games that she didn't play every second she played 90% of!

Are you under the impression that other top clubs don't do the same thing? As an M&D parent, I can assure you that they always play to win. This isn't town/rec lacrosse. There are plenty of games that YJ play that are blowouts and I am sure that the rest of the roster plays plents throughout a tournament. But yes, in a close game, there are girls thta hardly play or do not play at all. [/quote

Yes but her daughter is not good enough to warrant that much playtime, that's the difference.

That happens everywhere as well. There are always going to be coach's kids. And they will always play a lot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is it done sure . should it be done ? they all pay to play if the kid " is not at the level" where they warrant playing time they should be moved to another team or club. But in a pay to play scenario all should play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Welcome to what the rest of us deal with when we share school fields with YJ's. The individual selfish play doesn't look or feel too good right? If anyone goes to the cage that many times they are going to get lost of goals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2019 Blue Carro LOST to M&D Black in the Final.
YJ 2020 Blue Curcio LOST to Hero's in the Final.
YJ 2021 Blue LOST to M&D Black in Final.
No YJ Champions this weekend.
M&D Black looks to be THE team(s) going into the summer games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unlikely you are from M&D and if you are you are clueless. This particular "TEAM" YJ 2020 Curcio is good 1 thru 24, that is there upside! They have won in the past by wearing teams down and pulling away, the point is there isn't a single player on that roster that is that much better from top to bottom to warrant playing every second while another child does not. I'm not saying that some are not a bit better but 100% playing time to zero is disgraceful. The results were evident, the fact are when they went to this superior "line-up" the team struggled, they made numerous basic mistakes repeated off sides, unforced throwing errors, bad shooting choices, running ball up from defensive end to goal over and over, getting beat on slides, defenders consistently off sided, not a single attack in a low position or at X, what they got was lots of head down all about me and the result was they lost and looked bad in the games that they "needed to win". Yet in they Skywalker blue game the team was managed roughly the same way they normally play and it was wonderful to watch. They beat a very talented team handily and were even complimented by the Skywalker coaches. Does it mean they would have or will win every game they play "no" but I can bet they all would be happier and still win 99% of the time. Any of the top teams could have beaten each other on any given day, completion is good for all when given the ability to compete. The coaches were belittling and destroyed the confidence of many children and than when politely asked about it they completely denied it. Every child heard it and most told there parents. Great job ladies "coaches" you should be proud! Huntington coach/mom way to keep proving people right! As for the young lady coaches hopefully you learned something this weekend you were both players and some day god will bless you with children of your own. "remember that"

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an outside observer, I was hoping I could get a question answered? Are YJ girls taught to engage on defense with their bottom hand extended and basically butt ending the attacking player? I see it consistently at all grade levels.

If you watched Mount Sinai - which is basically all YJ's - you would see all of the YJ tactics on display. Butt ends, cross checks, checking around the head, flops, goggle grabs, pulling strings, walking after the whistle, throwing your stick and knocking off your own goggles and head band, etc. etc.

Cue the standard YJ responses of:

1. If your daughter can't play the physical (illegal) game, she won't stand a chance in college -- continually misses the point that these are kids not college athletes

2. "If you're not cheating, you're not trying" --- ethics many parents and coaches don't want to teach their children and players, but it's fine with this organization

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unlikely you are from M&D and if you are you are clueless. This particular "TEAM" YJ 2020 Curcio is good 1 thru 24, that is there upside! They have won in the past by wearing teams down and pulling away, the point is there isn't a single player on that roster that is that much better from top to bottom to warrant playing every second while another child does not. I'm not saying that some are not a bit better but 100% playing time to zero is disgraceful. The results were evident, the fact are when they went to this superior "line-up" the team struggled, they made numerous basic mistakes repeated off sides, unforced throwing errors, bad shooting choices, running ball up from defensive end to goal over and over, getting beat on slides, defenders consistently off sided, not a single attack in a low position or at X, what they got was lots of head down all about me and the result was they lost and looked bad in the games that they "needed to win". Yet in they Skywalker blue game the team was managed roughly the same way they normally play and it was wonderful to watch. They beat a very talented team handily and were even complimented by the Skywalker coaches. Does it mean they would have or will win every game they play "no" but I can bet they all would be happier and still win 99% of the time. Any of the top teams could have beaten each other on any given day, completion is good for all when given the ability to compete. The coaches were belittling and destroyed the confidence of many children and than when politely asked about it they completely denied it. Every child heard it and most told there parents. Great job ladies "coaches" you should be proud! Huntington coach/mom way to keep proving people right! As for the young lady coaches hopefully you learned something this weekend you were both players and some day god will bless you with children of your own. "remember that"

Sorry just wrong. There is always a drop off,have never seen a team with 24 equal players, and to now blame the superior line up makes you no better than the coaches.Got to watch the 2020 several times over the years and will say that seems some of your new superstars may be very good individual players but do not make you a better team. A lot more ballhogging going on ,think that will change when your actual coach returns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, I am an M&D parent. In fact, I am a parent of one of the championship teams from this weekend. I would assume you played well against the Skywalkers 2020 team. They were 2-8 this spring. Our team went to a very short bench in the finals. In fact, there was not one substitution in the second half. Is this the way the substitutions are normally done? Of course not. But the coaches are going to try to win. I highly doubt that all 24 players on YJ 2020 are at the same level. That's impossible at this age as there will always be a group of girls that are clearly better than the rest. One thing I will say is that all the YJ teams that I watch rely much more on individual matchups than they do in running good offense and working for good scoring opportunities. M&D cuts constantly, has patient feeders from behind the cage and is able to work for high percentage scoring opportunities. Do they have girls that can consistently beat their girl? Of course.

So, while I may be clueless, complaining about playing time is pointless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. If your daughter can't play the physical (illegal) game, she won't stand a chance in college -- continually misses the point that these are kids not college athletes

2. "If you're not cheating, you're not trying" --- ethics many parents and coaches don't want to teach their children and players, but it's fine with this organization

It really was just an honest question. Are the girls coached these techniques?(In terms of coming in with their butt ends) If so, that is a shame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious? All lacrosse is pay to play. Top level club lacrosse is play to win. It is the clubs job to coach your daughter and to develop her as a lacrosse player. This is what you are paying for. There is a time for a lot of girls where they need to realize that because they were great when they were 8, they might not be one of the 11 best on the team when they are 13. This is not rec/town youth lacrosse. These clubs charge what they charge because they win championships. Why anyone would pay 2k to be on YJ 4th team is beyond me. The fact is, that every girl that can stay on a YJ blue team or M&D Black team are going to have an opportunity to play in college if they want. This does not mean that all 23/24 girls will play the same amount. What is it you think you are paying for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Welcome to what the rest of us deal with when we share school fields with YJ's. The individual selfish play doesn't look or feel too good right? If anyone goes to the cage that many times they are going to get lost of goals

There are some coaches who can coach a team where their daughter (or son) is on the team and do a really good job. However, KW is not one of those coaches. She has clear conflicts of interest and she is not a good coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It really was just an honest question. Are the girls coached these techniques?(In terms of coming in with their butt ends) If so, that is a shame.
my daughter played through the YJ system and currently plays in college and she was NEVER taught to play unfairly you people are nuts. The MT Sinai girl who pulls her strings does it because she gets away with it but was not taught that by CR or any other coach...most of these kids will do what they can until they get caught..stop blaming coaches and directors and start looking at parents. WHen something doesnt work you willhear a dad or mom tell their kids to do something completely against what the coach wants!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

my daughter played through the YJ system and currently plays in college and she was NEVER taught to play unfairly you people are nuts. The MT Sinai girl who pulls her strings does it because she gets away with it but was not taught that by CR or any other coach...most of these kids will do what they can until they get caught..stop blaming coaches and directors and start looking at parents. WHen something doesnt work you willhear a dad or mom tell their kids to do something completely against what the coach wants!!

It's systematic with the YJ's. That's why they were lectured to at the U15's several years ago. They are taught to cheat or bend the rules. It is rampant on YJ teams. And if girls are doing it, it is the coach's responsibility to end it. However, they don't because winning is more important than anything else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did you expect 23 so called studs. 2 good goalies and 5 coaches . Complaining after 1 tourney. Gonna be a long summer for kids and parents on blue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My question was really in reference to one technique that I saw being used repeatedly. Engaging with their bottom hand extended using the butt end. The proper techinque is to have the stick vertical and not extending either end of the stick towards the attacker. Due to the pretty common practice, I was wondering if this was how they were coached. I wasn't inferring that YJ were dirty, though obviously from the reaction there are many that feel that way. I was very impressed with the YJ teams that came down this weekend and even more so with how the parents handled themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No mention of the 2019 YJ coach being escorted by police off the premises on Saturday? That was a great example being set for the girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Rose and Curcio aware of the severity of this situation? Many parents are furious and will not tolerate a full season of inept coaching. The 2020 blue team is seriously on the brink of disintegration. Not being dramatic, just stating the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are some coaches who can coach a team where their daughter (or son) is on the team and do a really good job. However, KW is not one of those coaches. She has clear conflicts of interest and she is not a good coach.

Just so you know, it wasn't KW making the line changes, it was the young woman coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, I am an M&D parent. In fact, I am a parent of one of the championship teams from this weekend. I would assume you played well against the Skywalkers 2020 team. They were 2-8 this spring. Our team went to a very short bench in the finals. In fact, there was not one substitution in the second half. Is this the way the substitutions are normally done? Of course not. But the coaches are going to try to win. I highly doubt that all 24 players on YJ 2020 are at the same level. That's impossible at this age as there will always be a group of girls that are clearly better than the rest. One thing I will say is that all the YJ teams that I watch rely much more on individual matchups than they do in running good offense and working for good scoring opportunities. M&D cuts constantly, has patient feeders from behind the cage and is able to work for high percentage scoring opportunities. Do they have girls that can consistently beat their girl? Of course.

So, while I may be clueless, complaining about playing time is pointless.

Your a fool, now you knocking skywalkers as well. That you even know the skywalkers record is bit out there. Your 2020 team didn't even make it out of pool play! I never knocked any of those teams unlike you, a short bench in a what you may call a "crucial game " is one thing children did not play at all some of those games were pool play. I will repeat myself again this team never functioned that way and were very successful. If works for the M&D good for you and your child. Clearly your one of those it's all about your child parent and for your information all of the parents were not happy with what occurred it made for an uncomfortable situation for everyone. Keep holding your children back a year in school so they beat up on kids a year younger what a joke have fun living through your child. Enjoy the summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet the blue team falls apart by next weekend. Jones's top kids better get ready to be pulled up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks kathy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be one of the cry baby parents. I have an idea! Leave if you are not happy. No one is forcing you to stay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Rose and Curcio aware of the severity of this situation? Many parents are furious and will not tolerate a full season of inept coaching. The 2020 blue team is seriously on the brink of disintegration. Not being dramatic, just stating the facts.

Oh no , I am sure they are so terrified that a few complaining 2020 parents are going to topple the whole club.Go watch coach Roses team and see how she runs it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]As an outside observer, I was hoping I could get a question answered? Are YJ girls taught to engage on defense with their bottom hand extended and basically butt ending the attacking player? I see it consistently at all grade levels.

My question was really in reference to one technique that I saw being used repeatedly. Engaging with their bottom hand extended using the butt end. The proper techinque is to have the stick vertical and not extending either end of the stick towards the attacker. Due to the pretty common practice, I was wondering if this was how they were coached. I wasn't inferring that YJ were dirty, though obviously from the reaction there are many that feel that way. I was very impressed with the YJ teams that came down this weekend and even more so with how the parents handled themselves. [/quot]

Actually my daughter has been taught sort of what you are describing by some coaches but not YJ. Has been to several camps a few have taught that stick should be angles both back slightly and at 10 or 2 in order to avoid the call of stick in the sphere .Contact is then made with the lower hand ( not the butt of the stick) ,do not extend etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just so you know, it wasn't KW making the line changes, it was the young woman coach.

Which one? There are two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh no , I am sure they are so terrified that a few complaining 2020 parents are going to topple the whole club.Go watch coach Roses team and see how she runs it.

No, it won't topple the whole club. But its poor business sense (and disrespectful) to ignore legitimate complaints by parents about thow their children are being treated by coaches...even if that coach is a longtime friend. Business versus friendship/nepotism. The dollar always wins out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the new daddy coach fit into the mix?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Karma 2020 lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, it won't topple the whole club. But its poor business sense (and disrespectful) to ignore legitimate complaints by parents about thow their children are being treated by coaches...even if that coach is a longtime friend. Business versus friendship/nepotism. The dollar always wins out.

Sounds like 2020 blue is a mess. Where was the head coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet the blue team falls apart by next weekend. Jones's top kids better get ready to be pulled up.

Since you mentioned it.. What’s the precedent for movement from the 2nd to the 1st team once the tournaments start, and vise-versa?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is is any surprise that day 1 of travel season someone is already complaining about the same things that people complain about every single year no matter what team, age or even program. It's the same story every season. I say whining because someone comes on here and "anonymously" complains. If it means that much and is that serious, handle it like an adult. You will always have complaining parents - ALWAYS! You can't make everyone happy. So complain away behind a computer and watch absolutely nothing change except for people becoming more and more arrogant. The problem YOU have here is apparently a problem for a few (believe it or not, I'm sure there are people who probably don't agree with you and are quite content with YJ 2020) and you can complain, cry, jump up and down, stomp, curse, call coaches and blame in an attempt to feel better... what you think is the end of the world of an issue is only a problem to a small few people who are unhappy because - what else - playing time! This is life. At what point do you teach kids that life is not always exactly as you think it should be, sometimes not always fair AND as much as you insist that what you think is RIGHT, someone else thinks the exact opposite. Handle this like an adult and stop crying behind anonymous thoughts, rallying people to your side. If you are are 100% sure of your mistreatment, sign your name to it and stop trying to recruit people to your side of a story. If you are so sure about what you feel you shouldn't need to come on here to get people to join your crusade. AND, if it is as bad as you say it is - LEAVE. It's your choice to stay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is is any surprise that day 1 of travel season someone is already complaining about the same things that people complain about every single year no matter what team, age or even program. It's the same story every season. I say whining because someone comes on here and "anonymously" complains. If it means that much and is that serious, handle it like an adult. You will always have complaining parents - ALWAYS! You can't make everyone happy. So complain away behind a computer and watch absolutely nothing change except for people becoming more and more arrogant. The problem YOU have here is apparently a problem for a few (believe it or not, I'm sure there are people who probably don't agree with you and are quite content with YJ 2020) and you can complain, cry, jump up and down, stomp, curse, call coaches and blame in an attempt to feel better... what you think is the end of the world of an issue is only a problem to a small few people who are unhappy because - what else - playing time! This is life. At what point do you teach kids that life is not always exactly as you think it should be, sometimes not always fair AND as much as you insist that what you think is RIGHT, someone else thinks the exact opposite. Handle this like an adult and stop crying behind anonymous thoughts, rallying people to your side. If you are are 100% sure of your mistreatment, sign your name to it and stop trying to recruit people to your side of a story. If you are so sure about what you feel you shouldn't need to come on here to get people to join your crusade. AND, if it is as bad as you say it is - LEAVE. It's your choice to stay.

Big words from a person who also writes under "anonymous"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so says the person writing this monologue anonymously also. let's see how big your balls are and post your name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great post! Yes 2020 is falling apart for some, probably going great for many others. Yes it stinks to be a player watching from the sidelines during crunch time, with several kids I have been in same position many time. I recommend you take the high road. I also firmly believe people anonymously pile on these threads from other clubs or lower teams making these situations appear much worse than they actually are. Good luck to all the players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AHH, travel lacrosse and for all this we pay tens of thousands of dollars to all these clubs to be mistreated

Like Reply Quote
Page 231 of 327 1 2 229 230 231 232 233 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard