BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 219 of 327 1 2 217 218 219 220 221 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Funny, I saw the YG girls play at the Hub and I was not all surprised as the lack of talent. Your a jackass. Get a life and while your online for a life get yourself some glasses.

English please.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It came from YJ blue. I know this nut bag.

Just proud of our girls and don't care who I [lacrosse] off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It came from YJ blue. I know this nut bag.

Is this the new guy from TG?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse will win a championship very soon and Gary is a good coach. If you have noticed some of the top women teams bring in successful male lax players to help them with play style and offenses and defenses.
No actually I haven't noticed that trend, can you enlighten me to which TOP WOMANS TEAMS have obtained the use of successful male lax players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scott hiller northwestern, gary gait when at maryland

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse will win a championship very soon and Gary is a good coach. If you have noticed some of the top women teams bring in successful male lax players to help them with play style and offenses and defenses.
No actually I haven't noticed that trend, can you enlighten me to which TOP WOMANS TEAMS have obtained the use of successful male lax players?

Hopkins hired Steele Stanwick for starters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Remington Steele for Vermont

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so one that's not some that's one. Let's not embellish some small fact to substantiate yor flimsy argument

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thug Ball. The reputation is deserved and isn't going away. They teach their girls at all levels to hurt other girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so one that's not some that's one. Let's not embellish some small fact to substantiate yor flimsy argument

How about the obvious???? NORTHWESTERN!! Kelly is a great coach, but don't minimize the influence Scotty Hillier has had on that team. Look no further than their substitution patterns and running kids in and out of the box! There are many men brought in. Florida has Kevin O'leary helping too!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can a HS have just a varsity team?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Online Content
Chief Admin

How about the obvious???? NORTHWESTERN!! Kelly is a great coach, but don't minimize the influence Scotty Hillier has had on that team. Look no further than their substitution patterns and running kids in and out of the box! There are many men brought in. Florida has Kevin O'leary helping too!

How about Northwestern for its magnificent campus, facilities, Evanston, and their academic standards....Go Wildcats smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes they can depending on the school budget if they just kept varsity teams only

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Bruce jenner. You have both genders covered.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Subbing on the fly is not a new tactic, 'Set has been doing it for years, and come on your counting spouses put on the pay roll. Pretty flimsy. Are we going to count coaches sons used as ball boys also?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One Kevin O'Leary alledgedly made some poor choices (google it) and one Kevin O'leary is Mister Wonderful!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gary himself coached 9 years at Maryland under Reese.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

How about Northwestern for its magnificent campus, facilities, Evanston, and their academic standards....Go Wildcats smile

UNC has Phil Barnes, Prior to Georgetown, Ricky Fried was an Assistant at Hopkins, Hofstra currently has Michael Bedford, UMBC has Tony Giro as Co-Head Coach, Josh Hexter was Assistant at Duke before taking over at Elon. Men Assistants are nothing new...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Michael Daly is HC at UMass Lowell and previously the HC at UNH. There are many more not mentioned. Is the poster questioning the mens coaching presence in womens lax satisfied yet????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can a HS have just a varsity team?

Yes, if the school doesn't have the nubmbers to sustain a JV team. Unfortunately, the JV program stands the chance of being cut from budget the following year and once that happens, it's tough to get it added back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Tim McCormack is the current Northwestern Assistant and former UMASS standout player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Tim McCormack is the current Northwestern Assistant and former UMASS standout player

And nobody cares! Next topic please

Like Reply Quote
User
User

And nobody cares! Next topic please

I disagree. Someone posted the question of men in womens lacrosse and many answered. It seems there is interest. You can feel free to move on yourself to another topic that you find more interesting.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Michael Daly is HC at UMass Lowell and previously the HC at UNH. There are many more not mentioned. Is the poster questioning the mens coaching presence in womens lax satisfied yet????

There is a female head coach at UMass Lowell- Carissa Medeiros

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Bruce jenner. You have both genders covered.

Hilarious!!

Like Reply Quote
User
User

There is a female head coach at UMass Lowell- Carissa Medeiros

That is correct. Michael Daly is the head womens coach at Merrimack College.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gary himself coached 9 years at Maryland under Reese.

Gait coached Reese, he was Timchal's assistant

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The topic has shifted. Never dd I (the original poster) say that men could not be successful head coaches for a woman team. I agree that men could, the debate started when someone posted that teams are bringing in recent grads from the mens game to teach woman a more aggressive style of lacrosse. this is where I disagree. I said cuse will not win while playing this style, the clock ran out on that with Northwestern (on of the most "Aggressive" teams ) U.N.C. , Duke, Fairfield are examples of teams with Asst./ head coaches that do not play the "aggressive" game. You can not teach a girl to be a boy, to be successful, I believe, you teach girls to play the game as woman not men. Gait is trying to force an apple to be an orange

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all of this means helmets are coming, what a shame

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The topic has shifted. Never dd I (the original poster) say that men could not be successful head coaches for a woman team. I agree that men could, the debate started when someone posted that teams are bringing in recent grads from the mens game to teach woman a more aggressive style of lacrosse. this is where I disagree. I said cuse will not win while playing this style, the clock ran out on that with Northwestern (on of the most "Aggressive" teams ) U.N.C. , Duke, Fairfield are examples of teams with Asst./ head coaches that do not play the "aggressive" game. You can not teach a girl to be a boy, to be successful, I believe, you teach girls to play the game as woman not men. Gait is trying to force an apple to be an orange

DELETED....This poster has been eliminated.

Last edited by The Hop; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you advocating bulking and butching up your daughter to practice against and play like a man? Another reason to hate this whole process. The more I listen to everyone I want my daughter to go play at some small D3 school where she will have fun and I wont lose her to the devil.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem is you seem to have no idea what you are talking about. Just so you know UNC has a male assistant and actually bring in male players to practice with to up the physical , aggressive play .UNC actually plays a very physical, aggressive style. Duke also recruits very physical players , look at the size of the Duke team in general and their most recent YJ player has a reputation as being an extremely aggressive player.
You guys are like anti vaccination parents, no matter what someone says you will find an excuse. So find me an excuse for this, If the aggressive tendencies you so proudly tout as being a staple of the game continue, the powers that be will undoubtably change the rules to require helmets, and soon after , I am sure, gloves and pads will follow. That will lead to girls playing the boys game. Is that truly what you want? I am a parent that is very happy having daughters, I don't wish they were sons so they can play the game I played. But mark my words, if this aggressive, thuggish trend continues on all levels, the game we love will transform to something different

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Force an apple to be an ORANGE" He's from Syracuse. I get it ... Hahaha.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem is you seem to have no idea what you are talking about. Just so you know UNC has a male assistant and actually bring in male players to practice with to up the physical , aggressive play .UNC actually plays a very physical, aggressive style. Duke also recruits very physical players , look at the size of the Duke team in general and their most recent YJ player has a reputation as being an extremely aggressive player.
You guys are like anti vaccination parents, no matter what someone says you will find an excuse. So find me an excuse for this, If the aggressive tendencies you so proudly tout as being a staple of the game continue, the powers that be will undoubtably change the rules to require helmets, and soon after , I am sure, gloves and pads will follow. That will lead to girls playing the boys game. Is that truly what you want? I am a parent that is very happy having daughters, I don't wish they were sons so they can play the game I played. But mark my words, if this aggressive, thuggish trend continues on all levels, the game we love will transform to something different

You must have gotten brain damage during your lacrosse career. You state things as if fact and when shown that you are incorrect you just make other nonsense up. You want to live in the past when a much lower percent of girls participated in sports . Sorry but todays female athletes are bigger ,stronger faster and yes are weight training , speed and agility training etc. My goodness the next thing you know these girls will want to go into traditionally male oriented fields or become a CEO of a major corporation . No one wants the girls game to become the boys but only you want the game to revert back to the good old days with no boundary lines and barely any programs around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Things were different. The primary physical activities for girls were cheerleading and square-dancing. Only 1 in 27 girls played high school sports. There were virtually no college scholarships for female athletes. And female college athletes received only two percent of overall athletic budgets."

Maybe they can go back to the way it was in the good old days before these girls decided that sports were not just for boys anymore. Seems to me when you blowhards call kids thugs what you really are saying is can you please have your daughters be slower , less physical athletes as my daughter cant keep up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"•In 2008, only 43% of coaches of women's teams were women. In 1972, the number was over 90 percent."

Its happening in most womens sports just accept it and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must have gotten brain damage during your lacrosse career. You state things as if fact and when shown that you are incorrect you just make other nonsense up. You want to live in the past when a much lower percent of girls participated in sports . Sorry but todays female athletes are bigger ,stronger faster and yes are weight training , speed and agility training etc. My goodness the next thing you know these girls will want to go into traditionally male oriented fields or become a CEO of a major corporation . No one wants the girls game to become the boys but only you want the game to revert back to the good old days with no boundary lines and barely any programs around.
Maybe I did get brain damage, but your obviously just stupid. Why do you think girls weight training, speed and agility training, being bigger , faster and more athletic have anything to do with them swimming a stick at each others head, or running each other into the ground, cross/hip checking each other. Sorry you had a girl instead of a boy maybe? How about true athletic ability is the ability to control your body, not to run recklessly over someone, or the ability to body position yourself to keep an attacker out of the shooting space instead of swinging your stick because you got beat. Why do you say we have to go back to the days of no scholarships, or boundary lines. Do we need to change the game to the mens game because more girls are playing it? that makes no sense. Here's an idea, teach your girls to play girls lacrosse, not to be a hockey goon, and try to have a boy this time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed!!! Quick, Agile, fluid, Graceful with lots of skill, energy and speed. I don't want my daughter putting on 25 pounds of extra weight in the gym so she can hammer opponents like boys. Many don't like where the sport is going too physical, too chippy and soon there will be equipment additions and 7th graders are going to start committing. The top handful of players are driving this and everyone else feels the need to keep up. Sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"•In 2008, only 43% of coaches of women's teams were women. In 1972, the number was over 90 percent."

Its happening in most womens sports just accept it and move on.

don't give me %'s give me #'s. A 100% gain on 1 is just 2. So if the game was not as big you may have expanded the game by more males coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must have gotten brain damage during your lacrosse career. You state things as if fact and when shown that you are incorrect you just make other nonsense up. You want to live in the past when a much lower percent of girls participated in sports . Sorry but todays female athletes are bigger ,stronger faster and yes are weight training , speed and agility training etc. My goodness the next thing you know these girls will want to go into traditionally male oriented fields or become a CEO of a major corporation . No one wants the girls game to become the boys but only you want the game to revert back to the good old days with no boundary lines and barely any programs around. [/quote]Maybe I did get brain damage, but your obviously just stupid. Why do you think girls weight training, speed and agility training, being bigger , faster and more athletic have anything to do with them swimming a stick at each others head, or running each other into the ground, cross/hip checking each other. Sorry you had a girl instead of a boy maybe? How about true athletic ability is the ability to control your body, not to run recklessly over someone, or the ability to body position yourself to keep an attacker out of the shooting space instead of swinging your stick because you got beat. Why do you say we have to go back to the days of no scholarships, or boundary lines. Do we need to change the game to the mens game because more girls are playing it? that makes no sense. Here's an idea, teach your girls to play girls lacrosse, not to be a hockey goon, and try to have a boy this time [/quote]

DELETED....This poster has been eliminated.

Last edited by The Hop; .
Like Reply Quote
Page 219 of 327 1 2 217 218 219 220 221 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard