BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,977
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 53 of 70 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure here if the boys carrying the flag had any intent on being racially inflamatory or not. The question if they should have been expelled or suspended may have depended on what they said and did while carrying the flag and their past record. At first glance expulsion seems a little extreme especially since these kids may have not even known the signifigance of the flag etc. You may want to ask these kids if they even know who won the civil war before we start having a conversation on what was the root cause of the war. The girls on the other hand I think their behavior is appalling if true. While the incident took plp;ace off schools grounds I am sure that the schools code of conduct allows a liberal interpration for the adm. to suspend or expell. While we are on the subject I recall in the 80's when my HS had games against Great Neck South (the "rebels") we were often witness to much confedrate flag waving and grey kepi cap wearing. Does any one know if GNS HS still allows this ?

The boys have been suspended before if the reporting was correct. If these boys didn't know the significance of the flag or who won the civil war st Anthony's has some bigger problem in education then we can address here. Also, the school must address the issues brought up on social media as per the nysed states in the regulations. Regardless, of the private school all schools must follow certain aspects of what the state deems appropriate. Pesonally i think the school shouldn't be responsible for,what goes on over any social media if it isn't school related but that's a different story. I would imagine the parent of these students are not happy. A very difficult lesson to learn but I can't believe none of these students didn't realize this could be wrong. What they probably didn't expect was the severe repercussions. Also if I remember correctly every student with the flag wasn't expelled. So there may be a little more here than we know. Either was this ws and is unacceptable behavior.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you people ripping Catholic Schools and grouping them all together have no clue. Chaminade and St Anthony's are two totally different worlds. Not to say kids are not expelled at Chaminade but there is a reason the word private is used. Last thing like the principle said each kid signed an agreement / code of conduct before entering and if you want to try and take a chance and go against them good luck. Since they are PRIVATE SCHOOLS it is their way or the highway. Good luck fighting that.

Use your head, you invested $40,000 with the school over four years for a diploma. You paid for it. Now at the eleventh hour it's taken away because of a subjective interpretation
of a behavior code? Don't think that would hold up in a legal challenge.

Where is the subjective interpretation? The students either broke the behavior iced or not. The code should be black and white not being up for anyone's interpretation. The students and parents signed off on the code. The private school has every right to expel them. What exactly is the legal challenge? Not only were the students expelled their actions will follow them to their college choices.

Do you really think the behavior code said no carrying of flags? If the kid was carrying a Mexican flag, would that be ok? What about a Russian flag? A flag of Japan? How about an Al Qiada flag? Would the kid be expelled for carrying any of those flags? NO. That would be SUBJECTIVE INTERPERTATION of a behavior code. For some people the Stars and Bars is nothing more than a piece of American History. Others have decided to make it a calling card for racism. Sorry to inform you, but the Civil War was fought for many other reasons. The North and the South did not go to war just because of slavery.
In business, (and when you charge $40k for something it's a business arrangement) you can't decide to forgo your side of the deal at the last minute because that's the way you want to do it. There definitely will be a legal challenge and quite frankly, I don't think the school has a leg to stand on. However, we'll never know. When the school settles, surely they will want a gag order as part of the terms and conditions. Ya know, so they can save face!

You can't be serious can you? The confederate flag carries a racially charged message end of story. We are not talking about other flags because they didn't waive them. Every flag you mention is a nation not a racially charged message. An al qiada flag? Really? I bet they would've been suspended for also because of the message of terrorism. Did you not read the story they these boys were already suspended and this is another violation or do also support the blackface as just good old fashioned humor. Wake up. There will be no court hearing no settlement. Students get thrown out of private school every year for various reasons. The students made a decision to wear blackface or carry that flag now will suffer the consequence. St Anthony's didn't forego their side of any arrangement. If the code was broken the students violates their part.

You see that's the problem with this country, you say that flag carries a racially charged message, so now it can never be shown again. They showed a flag... End of story. Over reach, breach of contract. Settlement you'll never hear about.

Try again....There is nothing discriminatory or illegal about a private school taking disciplinary action for this type of behavior. So you're right we'll never hear about the settlement...but that is because there won't be one.

Just to give you a sense: 20+ years ago when I was at Chaminade a kid a couple years older was expelled for streaking at Sacred Heart. Then and now Seniors finish their year earlier at Chaminade and then have weeks before graduation. This kid had literally completed the year and was just awaiting graduation when he pulled his stunt and got caught. Chaminade expelled him and he graduated from the local public school.....Last year a Freshman was expelled on suspicion of smoking pot in the school during the first week. They don't care if you just got there or are almost done...if you break the rules you are gone. So don't be so sure sbout your prediction of legal victory for these students. Private schools have wide latitude when it comes to discipline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure here if the boys carrying the flag had any intent on being racially inflamatory or not. The question if they should have been expelled or suspended may have depended on what they said and did while carrying the flag and their past record. At first glance expulsion seems a little extreme especially since these kids may have not even known the signifigance of the flag etc. You may want to ask these kids if they even know who won the civil war before we start having a conversation on what was the root cause of the war. The girls on the other hand I think their behavior is appalling if true. While the incident took plp;ace off schools grounds I am sure that the schools code of conduct allows a liberal interpration for the adm. to suspend or expell. While we are on the subject I recall in the 80's when my HS had games against Great Neck South (the "rebels") we were often witness to much confedrate flag waving and grey kepi cap wearing. Does any one know if GNS HS still allows this ?

Wait until TMZ finds out who's little brother was one of the boys involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you people ripping Catholic Schools and grouping them all together have no clue. Chaminade and St Anthony's are two totally different worlds. Not to say kids are not expelled at Chaminade but there is a reason the word private is used. Last thing like the principle said each kid signed an agreement / code of conduct before entering and if you want to try and take a chance and go against them good luck. Since they are PRIVATE SCHOOLS it is their way or the highway. Good luck fighting that.

Use your head, you invested $40,000 with the school over four years for a diploma. You paid for it. Now at the eleventh hour it's taken away because of a subjective interpretation
of a behavior code? Don't think that would hold up in a legal challenge.

Where is the subjective interpretation? The students either broke the behavior iced or not. The code should be black and white not being up for anyone's interpretation. The students and parents signed off on the code. The private school has every right to expel them. What exactly is the legal challenge? Not only were the students expelled their actions will follow them to their college choices.

Do you really think the behavior code said no carrying of flags? If the kid was carrying a Mexican flag, would that be ok? What about a Russian flag? A flag of Japan? How about an Al Qiada flag? Would the kid be expelled for carrying any of those flags? NO. That would be SUBJECTIVE INTERPERTATION of a behavior code. For some people the Stars and Bars is nothing more than a piece of American History. Others have decided to make it a calling card for racism. Sorry to inform you, but the Civil War was fought for many other reasons. The North and the South did not go to war just because of slavery.
In business, (and when you charge $40k for something it's a business arrangement) you can't decide to forgo your side of the deal at the last minute because that's the way you want to do it. There definitely will be a legal challenge and quite frankly, I don't think the school has a leg to stand on. However, we'll never know. When the school settles, surely they will want a gag order as part of the terms and conditions. Ya know, so they can save face!

You can't be serious can you? The confederate flag carries a racially charged message end of story. We are not talking about other flags because they didn't waive them. Every flag you mention is a nation not a racially charged message. An al qiada flag? Really? I bet they would've been suspended for also because of the message of terrorism. Did you not read the story they these boys were already suspended and this is another violation or do also support the blackface as just good old fashioned humor. Wake up. There will be no court hearing no settlement. Students get thrown out of private school every year for various reasons. The students made a decision to wear blackface or carry that flag now will suffer the consequence. St Anthony's didn't forego their side of any arrangement. If the code was broken the students violates their part.

For people who say St. Anthony's is "better" or equal or "the same" as Chaminade...this stuff would never happen at Chaminade.

Are you serious? Never say never! Kids are kids and they sometimes do terrible things, thinking they're funny, that their parents (or schools) are not proud of. To say that a catholic/private school kid will be a better person because there aren't "girls in tube tops and guys in low hung jeans" is absolutely ridiculous. Kids learn behavior in school, at home, with friends, on the field, in church/temple etc. Keep your fingers crossed that your kids remember right from wrong & make good decisions at all times.

& BTW I've known quite a few not so nice guys that graduated from Chaminade over the years...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A little history lesson: the south seceded from the
union to form their own country. The confederate
states of America. That country flew their own flag. The
Confederate flag. It was not used as a symbol of racism.
It is interpreted today as that. But to this day
the majority of the south does NOT see this flag that way.
Civil war was not about Slavery alone.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the reason they seceded was because they wanted to keep slavery. The SOuth then went on to lynch , murder and oppress blacks every way it could, all the while with that flag a flying. Its a symbol for a culture who believed blacks where animals to be bought and sold, and that what it stands for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FACTS! That flag is a symbol of the south that most down there respect it's NOT a symbol of slavery.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the north according to you had no slavery????
Completely false!! We flew the same flag then that we do today.
Is that a symbol for oppression and slavery?
Get your facts straight. Slavery was everywhere
in this country, yet we still fly our flag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those of you on here decrying the Confederate flag, I trust that every time you see someone driving a Mercedes, BMW, or a VW, you judge the driver and the other passengers very harshly. Those companies, and others whose products we buy freely and celebrate today, behaved horrifically during the Holocaust in World War II. Among other things, they profited from slave labor from both camp occupants and POWs. And this is just a few generations ago, not hundred and 50 years. So surely that is a terrible affront to anyone impacted by the Holocaust and the atrocities of Imperial Germany. Again this would include people who are alive today who lived through this and many many people who are just one generation removed.

My guess, you don't bat an eye, and you may even drive these cars yourself, either knowing the horrible history or just not caring. Why? Because the population that would find this so offensive has moved on. They have chosen to focus on the here and now and the future and not dwell on something in the past. Some people, and peoples, grow up and move on. Some do not. In case you're wondering, I'm not a member of the group that is offended by any of this stuff.

What any of this carping has to do with the sport of lacrosse is beyond me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is the post saying the north had no slavery?

As a twenty year educator teaching social studies the confederate flag has been and will continue to be controversial. Even the people of the south are torn over how and where it should be represented. It is a part of our history. It symbolizes the strength and unity of the south and men that gave their lives believing in their cause. It also stands for oppression , bigotry and rascism often portraying the south in a horrendous light. If those boys were from the south carrying around their flag as a badge of honor and pride from their roots then they shouldn't face any discipline but an explanation why the school believes it inappropriate. If they were carrying it around for any other reason wether it was a joke or not then the discipline they received was appropriate. Ignorance, stupidity and foolishness are not excuses. My guess is none of the were from the south.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But the North was in the process of getting rid of it, they where in the process of making sure it was not allowed in the new territories. Tell me, why do you think it was all the Southern States who voted against the Civil Rights act?

Where is the post saying the north had no slavery?

As a twenty year educator teaching social studies the confederate flag has been and will continue to be controversial. Even the people of the south are torn over how and where it should be represented. It is a part of our history. It symbolizes the strength and unity of the south and men that gave their lives believing in their cause. It also stands for oppression , bigotry and rascism often portraying the south in a horrendous light. If those boys were from the south carrying around their flag as a badge of honor and pride from their roots then they shouldn't face any discipline but an explanation why the school believes it inappropriate. If they were carrying it around for any other reason wether it was a joke or not then the discipline they received was appropriate. Ignorance, stupidity and foolishness are not excuses. My guess is none of the were from the south.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because they were in the process of getting
rid of it does that change the fact that it happened
in the north? The question is about the flag. We still
fly the same flag today that we did then when slavery
was rampant. No one complains about that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So....how about that game called lacrosse? Anyone interested in discussing it? Is the history lesson and its controversy over?

Can that discussion be moved to another website, please?

Why hasn't Ty updated the committed list in like; forever???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So....how about that game called lacrosse? Anyone interested in discussing it? Is the history lesson and its controversy over?

Can that discussion be moved to another website, please?

Why hasn't Ty updated the committed list in like; forever???

Couldn't agree more. No one cares about St. Ants or Chaminade and how bad.great they are. Back to Lacrosse please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aside from Chaminade and GC, any other undefeated JV teams this season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't Chaminade JV lose to St A's JV?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that's what you want to call a 13-2 loss then yes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. I dozed off a little right in the middle of that.....but that was certainly educational.

Thank you for that.

Any thoughts on the history of lacrosse or websites?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM JV also undefeated thus far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM JV also undefeated thus far.
what is the break down of 2016 and 2017 on WM JV?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset Freshman team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SWR JV team undefeated

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will be top 10 club teams 2017?

Total guess as it will not be played out until this summer (in no particular order I listed 13):

Dukes
Crabs
3D National
Turtles
Team 91
West Coast Starz
Leading Edge
Breakers
Madlax
VLC
Laxachussets
Patriot
Mesa Fresh

The Express Orange will be an extremely strong team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure but the GC defense has let up a total of less than ~15 points on the season.
Very stingy defense and well coached.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any one aware of any freshman playing varsity in NY Section 1?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure but the GC defense has let up a total of less than ~15 points on the season.

Outside of thumping your chest for GC what does that have to do with a SA vs Chaminade conversation?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse 2017 will be good this year. This fall they beat both Dukes and Crabs. Granted its fall ball, but most kids at the higher level play year round. I'm sure both teams had someone missing too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outside of thumping your chest for GC what does that have to do with a SA vs Chaminade conversation?

I thought this was a boys 2017 thread, not a SA VS Chaminade conversation. However, the original poster (after the civil war reenactment) asked "Aside from Chaminade and GC, any other undefeated JV teams this season? There was a bit "thumping of the chest" but, no different than any other daddy on this site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse 2017 will be good this year. This fall they beat both Dukes and Crabs. Granted its fall ball, but most kids at the higher level play year round. I'm sure both teams had someone missing too.

Agree with this (I put the list together up top). I know the team is relatively new so this summer will be a great test. How does this affect the CT Chargers organization?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with this (I put the list together up top). I know the team is relatively new so this summer will be a great test. How does this affect the CT Chargers organization?

The 2017 CT Chargers will be much weaker. They lost about 1/2 to 2/3rds of their players to Eclipse. They still have some great players, just not as deep. I wish them luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I remember seeing the CT Chargers at the Young Gunz last summer as U-15aa team. They got beaten up pretty badly at that tournament. I did see Eclipse 2017 in the Fall in Baltimore when they beat Dukes, and Crabs and lost a tight game to VLC. The Eclipse are definitely in the top class of club teams for their 2017 team. I have a hard time reconciling that those were mostly the same players from CT Chargers, but maybe it was just the case the Chargers played very poorly last Summer in Baltimore, or it is possible the players improved dramatic.

The Eclipse 2017 team is very good and will be competitive this Summer at the top tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Patriots , laxachucets , chargers... All third tier teams... Probably on par with last year's 91 team - that could not compete with turtles true blue or express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Patriots , laxachucets , chargers... All third tier teams... Probably on par with last year's 91 team - that could not compete with turtles true blue or express

True Blue or Express? Where was True Blue in the Fall? Did you watch Express in the Fall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kid is a rising sophomore this summer, and you're still worried about who's team is better? Most kids and their parents are worried about which coaches they are going get the opportunity to play in front of. I guess you just don't get it. SAD. No one cares, go to the 2021 thread and join that conversation, much better fit for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kid is a rising sophomore this summer, and you're still worried about who's team is better? Most kids and their parents are worried about which coaches they are going get the opportunity to play in front of. I guess you just don't get it. SAD. No one cares, go to the 2021 thread and join that conversation, much better fit for you.
Right on point. What are the parameters to be met when being deemed third tier ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a joke, as are you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

EXACTLY!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is ok if we still talk about team achievement for one more year??

... After all lacrosse (even on LI) is still considered a TEAM sport... (For the parents that are more focused on their boy's future "D1" career than let the next 3 1/2 years of HS and Club team achievement)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes there is a kid playing significant minutes for a strong team in Section 1
Any one aware of any freshman playing varsity in NY Section 1?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay Dad of freshman player in section 1. Just tell us all about how great he is doing without all your anonymous posts attempting to identify him.

Page 53 of 70 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard