BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 52 of 70 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
True Blue did not do too much in the fall. Their team has a lot of multiple sport athletes that play high school football, basketball, hockey.
They will be stacked this year, with 9 boys playing on Chaminade and another 7 or 8 playing varsity

I assume you mean 9 are at Chaminade combined from both True Blue 2017 teams. Of the 9 how many are starters?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue did not do too much in the fall. Their team has a lot of multiple sport athletes that play high school football, basketball, hockey.
They will be stacked this year, with 9 boys playing on Chaminade and another 7 or 8 playing varsity

I assume you mean 9 are at Chaminade combined from both True Blue 2017 teams. Of the 9 how many are starters?

didn't TB start out as a group trying to get a 2106 team together from players from Express from the bellmore-merrick area so they would keep a certain group of kids together. because this was the time 91 was evolving. Back when it was cheap to join and it was personal. TB then hit the jackpot and had a great following in 2017 by reaching out to players not happy or on second tier teams or lines (and from there gained momentum with good players who proved they were good are many older boys in the 2017 class).

2018 not to sure what happened with that age group, then another group of folks moved/stole players from another organization to make a great 2019 only to see them fall apart.

so if what you are saying is if you go to St A or Chaminade you must play on Express lets see how this develops. because I could see some of these players moving over. remember these folks are looking to get a better position for their sons. Lets see who can provide that opportunity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they are any good before they play JV at Chaminade they will be told it would be in their best interest to play Express. Some of the very talented get away with playing for fl$ because he wont punish the better players. Coach C at St Anthony's will also approach certain kids and make promises he cant keep to push kids to express but you have to remember Tru Blue controls the fields that Coach C uses so he does not want to [lacrosse] them off. What happened to Coach C retiring and moving to Maryland like he told people? Is he waiting to see what school his younger son will be tranferring too ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they are any good before they play JV at Chaminade they will be told it would be in their best interest to play Express. Some of the very talented get away with playing for fl$ because he wont punish the better players. Coach C at St Anthony's will also approach certain kids and make promises he cant keep to push kids to express but you have to remember Tru Blue controls the fields that Coach C uses so he does not want to [lacrosse] them off. What happened to Coach C retiring and moving to Maryland like he told people? Is he waiting to see what school his younger son will be tranferring too ??

Does the wind whistle through your head much? Not defending anything written about this subject however you clearly do not know what you are talking about. Be bitter about the direction our Country is going in and leave the lax for the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After reading these boards and witnessing some real crap at games by coaches and parents is there any sportsmanship in Lacrosse? My youngest of three plays both Varsity and JV as a freshman he seems to be caught in the middle the best on JV but only a few runs each game when he plays varsity. He played JV the other day because varsity was cancelled and I am not sure wht was more deplorable a coach up 10 nothing in the fourth whose team goes man up for a 2 min unreleasable with 6 minutes left then scores three more goals only to follow this up by going man up with 57 seconds then proceeding to score again making it 15-0. Really are you kidding me? Then the parents going crzy after each score as the players celebrate as if they just won the NCAA title. This doesnt happen in most other sports because of retribution. MY oldest plays JR hockey and try this crap you find a body on the ice, my middle pitches for a baseball HS and excessive celebration means taking on too the ribs. Lacrosse does not have the ability to police itself in game I guess. I have seen this behavior in lacrosse more often than the other sports but that last game really took the top prize for being poor sports. You may say its sour grapes but it isnt that team was good and our team is not. the deserved to win but nobody deserves to get embarrassed.

Than on another point, it is entirely possible to play with kids who you are better than and look average too bad. When players stand around , cant catch a pass, throw a pass, run a simple give and go it is tough for any good player to excel at any team sport.

Just venting as it was all I could do not to confront some jerk of a father screaming and yelling at the ref at the players then going crazy each goal was scored up ten.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess that would break the myth of at least Chaminade requiring players to join express club team
...and I think it recently changed with an Anthony's coach recently departed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell me in one year where these True Blue Chaminade Kids will be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It still kind of matters about club... Recommendations, follow up looks from coaches, and extra practices, etc... But you are right in thinking its less important

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha! Yeah, that will be the real test

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade has 91 players that stayed with their teams. Do they try to sway them too?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about all that great CHARACTER building going on at our Catholic HS which people pay big $$
4 students expelled for racially inappropriate behavior!!
Should have stayed public! At least the spoiled brats can't graduate now!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about all that great CHARACTER building going on at our Catholic HS which people pay big $$

Go tell that to your boss...he/she probably graduated from one of those schools....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't agree with what they did, but punishment does not fit the crime. Way over the top reaction. The confederate flag is part of our history, like it or not. Further, those kids who had things on their personal social media sites, that has nothing to do with the school. If it were my kid, I would not be happy or condone the behavior. However, I would fight this tooth and nail. You can't destroy a kid for some silly pranks. The kids made some bad choices and that's wrong, the reaction is equally wrong. The only people who win here are the politically correct police.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ironic with all ranting about how great private is! Go crawl under a rock now! Disgusting behavior! Try getting into a good college now!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally ridiculous how in this day of age every action has a loop hole to reprimand and control people , the actions taken by the School will now have to deal with this in court . I am sure if the kids marched around the hallway with a kid strapped to a crucifix representing a religious occurrence with Jesus they would not have a problem with that , but do your history lesson reenactment on confederates in the south that reenactment becomes offensive.

Total non-sense !

Don't agree with what they did, but punishment does not fit the crime. Way over the top reaction. The confederate flag is part of our history, like it or not. Further, those kids who had things on their personal social media sites, that has nothing to do with the school. If it were my kid, I would not be happy or condone the behavior. However, I would fight this tooth and nail. You can't destroy a kid for some silly pranks. The kids made some bad choices and that's wrong, the reaction is equally wrong. The only people who win here are the politically correct police.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What school are you talking about? Or was the intent just to smear all Catholic schools with your truncated "summary" of these "facts"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you people ripping Catholic Schools and grouping them all together have no clue. Chaminade and St Anthony's are two totally different worlds. Not to say kids are not expelled at Chaminade but there is a reason the word private is used. Last thing like the principle said each kid signed an agreement / code of conduct before entering and if you want to try and take a chance and go against them good luck. Since they are PRIVATE SCHOOLS it is their way or the highway. Good luck fighting that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ironic with all ranting about how great private is! Go crawl under a rock now! Disgusting behavior! Try getting into a good college now!

Were these kids lax players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really look no further than Express Blue 2015. There are kids committed to D1 schools on the roster that attend Chaminade. YES I SAID BLUE TEAM NOT ORANGE. Why ??? Because that is the team the Chaminade coach coaches in the summer. Look at the remainder of the roster as well. 85% are Chaminade kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just want to know whats everyone's opinions are on these 2 events. National 175 and Top 205 and if you or anyone you know attended.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of people who played on good travel teams were invited to tryout for a new team in the summer called BE THE BEST, I don't if anyone remembers this, but if you do, do you know if they actually have a team for class of 2017?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally ridiculous how in this day of age every action has a loop hole to reprimand and control people , the actions taken by the School will now have to deal with this in court . I am sure if the kids marched around the hallway with a kid strapped to a crucifix representing a religious occurrence with Jesus they would not have a problem with that , but do your history lesson reenactment on confederates in the south that reenactment becomes offensive.

Total non-sense !

Yup! Should've stayed in public school - at least there they would've gotten away with it where there ARE no consequences for ones actions!!!!! Come on man, you can't be serious!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not true! 2015 express blue is coached by a st. Anthonys coach not Chaminade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure but I know they have a legit 2015 team and a 2020 team. Team use to be the Jr Lizards but the moved over. The Coach moved and they all followed. He is a very good coach and runs a good program. He keeps the numbers low so there is never any playing time problems. I think 6 of the players are D1 commits. The 2020 came over from the Jesters. Same situation the coach came over and most followed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year the team was coached by BOTH when they showed up but certain kids were told they had to play. My son was on the team and was "asked" to play and expected Chaminade coach to be more involved. He was around and showed for some but not enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you people ripping Catholic Schools and grouping them all together have no clue. Chaminade and St Anthony's are two totally different worlds. Not to say kids are not expelled at Chaminade but there is a reason the word private is used. Last thing like the principle said each kid signed an agreement / code of conduct before entering and if you want to try and take a chance and go against them good luck. Since they are PRIVATE SCHOOLS it is their way or the highway. Good luck fighting that.

All true. Those students needed to live up to a certain standard to which they and their parents agreed. Just in case anyone is wondering social media now also falls under the schools for discipline regardless when or where it happens. This just started this year. A student can harass another over the web on a Saturday night 1am and the school will still be held responsible for the actions. The NYSED figured this was a great idea. These students made a mistake and mistake that ended up with them expelled. This couldve happened at any school it is not isolated to the private schools. This will be a hard lesson learned. I am sure that this is not reflective of the entire student body of St Anthonys AND NO I do not have a child there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure but I know they have a legit 2015 team and a 2020 team. Team use to be the Jr Lizards but the moved over. The Coach moved and they all followed. He is a very good coach and runs a good program. He keeps the numbers low so there is never any playing time problems. I think 6 of the players are D1 commits. The 2020 came over from the Jesters. Same situation the coach came over and most followed.

Is the Be the Best involved with fl$? If you clink on the Be the Best banner above, it brings you to the fl$ site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO something wrong there. If I find info I will post it. Like I said not flashy program but get it done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Use your head, you invested $40,000 with the school over four years for a diploma. You paid for it. Now at the eleventh hour it's taken away because of a subjective interpretation of a behavior code? Don't think that would hold up in a legal challenge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Use your head, you invested $40,000 with the school over four years for a diploma. You paid for it. Now at the eleventh hour it's taken away because of a subjective interpretation
of a behavior code? Don't think that would hold up in a legal challenge.

Where is the subjective interpretation? The students either broke the behavior iced or not. The code should be black and white not being up for anyone's interpretation. The students and parents signed off on the code. The private school has every right to expel them. What exactly is the legal challenge? Not only were the students expelled their actions will follow them to their college choices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Total non-sense !

What is more ridiculous?? Carrying a flag (not a crime) or Newsday's immediate play to the race card??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact that this happened speaks to the character of the students involved. The fact the school delt with it in a swift and decisive manner speaks to the character to the school. You would not get that integrity in a public school, to much red tape.

And as far as the school being taken to court, don't count on it. This is a private institution. Every student is given a student hand book with a code of conduct. The consequences are clearly spelled out for this type of misconduct. Students agree to these guide lines when they pay their tuition..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Use your head, you invested $40,000 with the school over four years for a diploma. You paid for it. Now at the eleventh hour it's taken away because of a subjective interpretation

Where is the subjective interpretation? The students either broke the behavior iced or not. The code should be black and white not being up for anyone's interpretation. The students and parents signed off on the code. The private school has every right to expel them. What exactly is the legal challenge? Not only were the students expelled their actions will follow them to their college choices.

Do you really think the behavior code said no carrying of flags? If the kid was carrying a Mexican flag, would that be ok? What about a Russian flag? A flag of Japan? How about an Al Qiada flag? Would the kid be expelled for carrying any of those flags? NO. That would be SUBJECTIVE INTERPERTATION of a behavior code. For some people the Stars and Bars is nothing more than a piece of American History. Others have decided to make it a calling card for racism. Sorry to inform you, but the Civil War was fought for many other reasons. The North and the South did not go to war just because of slavery.
In business, (and when you charge $40k for something it's a business arrangement) you can't decide to forgo your side of the deal at the last minute because that's the way you want to do it. There definitely will be a legal challenge and quite frankly, I don't think the school has a leg to stand on. However, we'll never know. When the school settles, surely they will want a gag order as part of the terms and conditions. Ya know, so they can save face!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought people send their kids to Catholic to build character? Do you really thinks that there are not more kids involved in unbecoming behavior at these institutions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO something wrong there. If I find info I will post it. Like I said not flashy program but get it done.

Be the Best has a total of 2 teams. That's a program? It wouldn't even exist this year if the coaches of their 2 teams didn't have a falling out with head clown of the Jesters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you really think the behavior code said no carrying of flags? If the kid was carrying a Mexican flag, would that be ok? What about a Russian flag? A flag of Japan? How about an Al Qiada flag? Would the kid be expelled for carrying any of those flags? NO. That would be SUBJECTIVE INTERPERTATION of a behavior code. For some people the Stars and Bars is nothing more than a piece of American History. Others have decided to make it a calling card for racism. Sorry to inform you, but the Civil War was fought for many other reasons. The North and the South did not go to war just because of slavery.
In business, (and when you charge $40k for something it's a business arrangement) you can't decide to forgo your side of the deal at the last minute because that's the way you want to do it. There definitely will be a legal challenge and quite frankly, I don't think the school has a leg to stand on. However, we'll never know. When the school settles, surely they will want a gag order as part of the terms and conditions. Ya know, so they can save face!

You can't be serious can you? The confederate flag carries a racially charged message end of story. We are not talking about other flags because they didn't waive them. Every flag you mention is a nation not a racially charged message. An al qiada flag? Really? I bet they would've been suspended for also because of the message of terrorism. Did you not read the story they these boys were already suspended and this is another violation or do also support the blackface as just good old fashioned humor. Wake up. There will be no court hearing no settlement. Students get thrown out of private school every year for various reasons. The students made a decision to wear blackface or carry that flag now will suffer the consequence. St Anthony's didn't forego their side of any arrangement. If the code was broken the students violates their part.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can't be serious can you? The confederate flag carries a racially charged message end of story. We are not talking about other flags because they didn't waive them. Every flag you mention is a nation not a racially charged message. An al qiada flag? Really? I bet they would've been suspended for also because of the message of terrorism. Did you not read the story they these boys were already suspended and this is another violation or do also support the blackface as just good old fashioned humor. Wake up. There will be no court hearing no settlement. Students get thrown out of private school every year for various reasons. The students made a decision to wear blackface or carry that flag now will suffer the consequence. St Anthony's didn't forego their side of any arrangement. If the code was broken the students violates their part.

For people who say St. Anthony's is "better" or equal or "the same" as Chaminade...this stuff would never happen at Chaminade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure here if the boys carrying the flag had any intent on being racially inflamatory or not. The question if they should have been expelled or suspended may have depended on what they said and did while carrying the flag and their past record. At first glance expulsion seems a little extreme especially since these kids may have not even known the signifigance of the flag etc. You may want to ask these kids if they even know who won the civil war before we start having a conversation on what was the root cause of the war. The girls on the other hand I think their behavior is appalling if true. While the incident took plp;ace off schools grounds I am sure that the schools code of conduct allows a liberal interpration for the adm. to suspend or expell. While we are on the subject I recall in the 80's when my HS had games against Great Neck South (the "rebels") we were often witness to much confedrate flag waving and grey kepi cap wearing. Does any one know if GNS HS still allows this ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For people who say St. Anthony's is "better" or equal or "the same" as Chaminade...this stuff would never happen at Chaminade.

Of course there are no girls at Chaminade either, but that's another story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You see that's the problem with this country, you say that flag carries a racially charged message, so now it can never be shown again. They showed a flag... End of story. Over reach, breach of contract. Settlement you'll never hear about.

Page 52 of 70 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard