BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,324
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Oyster Bay Lacrosse League - Spring League Registration
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 has the warriors, but the honey badgers are the better team.

So LI express is again the top team. Years ago they had the top teams then it seemed 91 dominated, I guess it's bsck to li express

before we start this. the bandits are the better team, until the express badgers beat them. that hasn't happened yet, but the badgers did beat the warriors.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read the post again please. I think it means parents are a joke not the kids.
Jesters 2021 played in "B" brackets last year, they won a couple of "B" championships and contended in others. If this was your sons team what would they do? Stay in "B" and continue on the same path, or try and compete in "A" and take some lumps? They are a "B+" team and not claiming much more.

There are morons on this forum on both sides of every argument, to call a bunch of 5th grade boys a "joke" may leave something to be desired.

I have my own kids or friends playing on every team, there is good and bad in each, including the parents. I have three children playing; 2021, high school and college. Relax a bit with the "joke" assessment, many of these kids in all of 2021will not even be playing by the time JV comes around let alone college.

Not a Jester or Igloo parent but have seen both teams play. Jesters defense is bad. No other way to put it. The team can score and they have a good goalie but the defense runs around, has limited stick skills and get beat one on one. Once beat they take bad penelties. The Jesters are a B team that plays in the A bracket. They will learn soon that they are a B team. Igloo 2022 is a solid team. If they play the Jesters 10 times I think Igloo would win 6 of them. A win by 3 goals does not place the Jesters in a higher bracket then Igloo. If these Jester parents think the Jesters are far better then 2022 Igloo just because they won a game by 3 goals it shows they are joke. Read this thread above. Jesters first reported the score as 12-3. Seems you can't believe anything a Jester says!!!

U guys r [lacrosse]..igloo 2022 lost to jesters 2021..it is what it is..When a taller defender poke checks a smaller attacker..they get poked in the facemask...give me a break...u lost..maybe next time...and yes those jester defenders are physical..lol..

No doubt igloo 2022 lost to an older jesters team in a close game. To suggest that jesters trains their kids to poke check at exactly 4' 3" and can't adjust up or down is silly. Physical? No. Just bad defense. Many teams play up and never before has a parent been so stupid as to suggest that the older team can't defend the younger team because of height. You are a moron. Enjoy the win, real meaningful game. Let's see how you guys do in the tournaments, I assume you play in the B division again this year so chances are you will see igloo 2022 again.

First of all...,,it was not a close game at all. Secondly, why play up and in a B division at all. All the older teams Turtles, Extreme etc always played up in A to challenge themselves. If you are playing B , mine as well play your age A teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters are a second class organization at best. let these animals talk

Are you idiots really pounding your chests about who is the best 8 year old lacrosse team??

The unfortunate part is these teams will upgrade every year. By 8th grade you would be lucky to have 3 of the same kids on team. Be careful who you refer to as second class. Never know where you may end up!

This is 3rd grade lacrosse!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you say it is no help for Jesters 2021 "A" team to play a 2022 team? Jeters 2021 "A" team lost to a 2022 team yesterday. No surprise because the Jesters are a "B" team at best so stop this talk. Enjoy your season as a "B" team. An "A' team should be able to beat a younger team so that makes you a "B" team. End of this debate.

Jesters 2021 beat Igloo 2022 by 3. Good game.

Jesters 2021 v Igloo 2022?

Jesters pretty much played man down the entire game - should of been 12-3 I guess. Hd 10 or more penalties on defense going up much smaller kids. shouldn't be playing younger teams, not help to either team,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read the post again please. I think it means parents are a joke not the kids.
Jesters 2021 played in "B" brackets last year, they won a couple of "B" championships and contended in others. If this was your sons team what would they do? Stay in "B" and continue on the same path, or try and compete in "A" and take some lumps? They are a "B+" team and not claiming much more.

There are morons on this forum on both sides of every argument, to call a bunch of 5th grade boys a "joke" may leave something to be desired.

I have my own kids or friends playing on every team, there is good and bad in each, including the parents. I have three children playing; 2021, high school and college. Relax a bit with the "joke" assessment, many of these kids in all of 2021will not even be playing by the time JV comes around let alone college.

Not a Jester or Igloo parent but have seen both teams play. Jesters defense is bad. No other way to put it. The team can score and they have a good goalie but the defense runs around, has limited stick skills and get beat one on one. Once beat they take bad penelties. The Jesters are a B team that plays in the A bracket. They will learn soon that they are a B team. Igloo 2022 is a solid team. If they play the Jesters 10 times I think Igloo would win 6 of them. A win by 3 goals does not place the Jesters in a higher bracket then Igloo. If these Jester parents think the Jesters are far better then 2022 Igloo just because they won a game by 3 goals it shows they are joke. Read this thread above. Jesters first reported the score as 12-3. Seems you can't believe anything a Jester says!!!

U guys r [lacrosse]..igloo 2022 lost to jesters 2021..it is what it is..When a taller defender poke checks a smaller attacker..they get poked in the facemask...give me a break...u lost..maybe next time...and yes those jester defenders are physical..lol..

No doubt igloo 2022 lost to an older jesters team in a close game. To suggest that jesters trains their kids to poke check at exactly 4' 3" and can't adjust up or down is silly. Physical? No. Just bad defense. Many teams play up and never before has a parent been so stupid as to suggest that the older team can't defend the younger team because of height. You are a moron. Enjoy the win, real meaningful game. Let's see how you guys do in the tournaments, I assume you play in the B division again this year so chances are you will see igloo 2022 again.

First of all...,,it was not a close game at all. Secondly, why play up and in a B division at all. All the older teams Turtles, Extreme etc always played up in A to challenge themselves. If you are playing B , mine as well play your age A teams.

It was a 3 goal victory and tied at the half. Very close game. Often the 2-3 top teams will play up to challenge themselves against what should be tougher competition in an older B division. Nobody on igloo is claiming to be turtles or claiming to be able to compete a grade up in the A division. Here is a good example. Igloo played a tight game against jesters 2021 and then beat jesters 2022 by 15 goals. We can tell by your poor grammar and spelling that you are the same poster as earlier who believes jesters easily beat igloo despite the score suggesting otherwise and the same poster who believes kids can't defend ones 6 inches shorter. Do yourself a favor and stop posting, you sound stupider each time you type.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they beat 2022 Jesters 9 1. Still does not change outcome of 2021 game.

Keep playing up in B brackets. It will make you (crazy parent) feel better!

Stop living through your 9 year old!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like the playing up game was the closer game, more evenly matched. So, what's the contoversy. I would take a 3 goal win or loss as opposed to a one sided game anytime. Sounds like a very bitter jesters parent can't accept a younger team playing them evenly. On that topic, how did jetsters do against smash

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like the playing up game was the closer game, more evenly matched. So, what's the contoversy. I would take a 3 goal win or loss as opposed to a one sided game anytime. Sounds like a very bitter jesters parent can't accept a younger team playing them evenly. On that topic, how did jetsters do against smash

stop saying 3 goal game! Was not a close game!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They lost to Smash.

2021 Jesters are a B+ team, I don't think parents or kids are claiming anything more. The organization is not 91, Igloo or Express. 4th grade "A" teams games should be competitive with them. They did not practice much fall or winter and did not play in any winter leagues. If they compete in "A" this summer they will have an uphill fight the entire way, if they go "B" they will win. What would you do? More importantly why should you care?

If you have been around for any significant time you know there are parents on every team that have trouble just enjoying the game.

quote=Anonymous]

Sounds like the playing up game was the closer game, more evenly matched. So, what's the contoversy. I would take a 3 goal win or loss as opposed to a one sided game anytime. Sounds like a very bitter jesters parent can't accept a younger team playing them evenly. On that topic, how did jetsters do against smash [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They lost to Smash.

2021 Jesters are a B+ team, I don't think parents or kids are claiming anything more. The organization is not 91, Igloo or Express. 4th grade "A" teams games should be competitive with them. They did not practice much fall or winter and did not play in any winter leagues. If they compete in "A" this summer they will have an uphill fight the entire way, if they go "B" they will win. What would you do? More importantly why should you care?

If you have been around for any significant time you know there are parents on every team that have trouble just enjoying the game.

quote=Anonymous]

[/quote]

Lost to smash, uh oh. Sounds like those darn long poles must have got in the way again, couldn't be smash is better. I assume jesters would have won but their defense got too many penalties against a team with smaller kids

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

stop saying 3 goal game! Was not a close game!

Jesters by 3, tied at the half. No big deal, good win for jesters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This had to be one of the most hateful groups of people to keep posting this stuff. These are 9/10/11 year old boys and please don't tell anyone on this forum that there aren't players on any other organization not called 91, Express or Igloo who can't play with them. Seems people have it in for this organization for whatever reason but there are some very good players on these Jesters teams and to say there isn't is just a narrow minded group. We all know how these teams are formed and why leave teams your comfortable with for the off chance of making a team that has limited to no openings or have a good player rejected when you know there was only 1 or two openeing not in the position they play. Please, I cannot what until these kids are 15/16/17 years old, then opinions on players and teams will hold more value. Let them play, have fun, learn and get better. What good does bashing organization with great players not listed as the "best", because unless your on those top teams, when their weak teams that get beat by these "second class" you never hear from and just hid behind a teams name. Remember many of the kids also read these forums, image your kids reading they play for a "second class" and not realizing the source likely peaked in highschool JV living through their child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This had to be one of the most hateful groups of people to keep posting this stuff. These are 9/10/11 year old boys and please don't tell anyone on this forum that there aren't players on any other organization not called 91, Express or Igloo who can't play with them. Seems people have it in for this organization for whatever reason but there are some very good players on these Jesters teams and to say there isn't is just a narrow minded group. We all know how these teams are formed and why leave teams your comfortable with for the off chance of making a team that has limited to no openings or have a good player rejected when you know there was only 1 or two openeing not in the position they play. Please, I cannot what until these kids are 15/16/17 years old, then opinions on players and teams will hold more value. Let them play, have fun, learn and get better. What good does bashing organization with great players not listed as the "best", because unless your on those top teams, when their weak teams that get beat by these "second class" you never hear from and just hid behind a teams name. Remember many of the kids also read these forums, image your kids reading they play for a "second class" and not realizing the source likely peaked in highschool JV living through their child.

Well said. Newsday listed the top 100 lacrosse players on LI a few weeks ago and several players from my son's Jester team were on the list!! Everyone catches up. Adults "deciding" who is best and speaking about 9 and 10 year olds is disgraceful!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Psssst... Don't tell everyone our secret. Let these people and there kids enjoy the insanity on those so called "top" teams. Guess what? Many of these families will be looking to join a club like Jesters as the kids get a little older, to get away from the nut jobs. I promise you. BTW it's not your teams record that matters. I'd rather have my son on .500 A team that plays against the best competition. Your son will get better playing tough competition. Playing being the key word. Many of the kids on the top two teams as they get older are "role" players. This kid only does ground balls, this kid is our crease guy, this kid only feeds, these tow kids are our shooters, and these two kids are our dodgers. Believe me, my son lived it. Your son will become a much better player having the freedom to play all aspects of the game against the best teams. Let these other wackos worry about winning the 10 year old bracket at the "summer super tournament".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Honey Badgers beat the 91 Warriors? Don't remember them ever playing. Last year 91's second team beat the Badgers 3 times and only lost 1. The Badgers are not even close to 91's first team at 2023: 91 Bandits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your just as bad as the other Jesters Parents. You see what you want to see and ignore the facts. I guess you missed that this all started by a Jester parent posting that the Jester 2021 team beat a 2022 team. Then another Jester parent post that the score was 12-3 when it was a three goal game. The Jester parents also claimed that they are too good to play 4th grade teams. Truth is that a 3 goal game against a younger team who does not even use long poles no way puts the Jesters in a group too good to play 4th graders. Also when you beat a team by three goals that makes for a good second game that anyone can win. To make it all too funny that great Jester 2021 team got beat by another 2022 team this past weekend. What we did learn was that the Jesters 2021 team can compete in the "A" bracket in the 2022 year But are a "B" 2021 team. Not even B plus. Next year those 2022 teams will use long poles and at that point this Jester team may not even be good enough to compete with the 4th graders. That is where the hate came from. One last thing no one is saying the Jesters have no great players on those Jester teams. That is not the point being made by anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Honey Badgers beat the 91 Warriors? Don't remember them ever playing. Last year 91's second team beat the Badgers 3 times and only lost 1. The Badgers are not even close to 91's first team at 2023: 91 Bandits.

Badgers beat the warriors at the Halloween Havoc. But they are only 3rd graders.. We have at least 5 more years to flood this board with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your missing the point. There are bad PARENTS on all sides and organizations and for you to keep carrying on proves your just one of those parents. I never stated the Jester parent was right but the fact I just typed PARENTS 3 times proves this sport at the youth level has become more about the Parents than the kids. The points made were more about bashing organization, who is a B, B+, A, who needs to fulfill their own self bravado through what team they play on. Can you just drop who said what and what right or wrong score was posted. Who played up or down - who really cares. This is 4th and 5th grade lacrosse. I played for Hopkins many years ago, is my kid better than yours, I have no idea and don't care, does my kids play for 91, Express or Igloo no and I don't care- what I know is what it takes to get from point A to Z and i can guarentee one thing - it doesn't mean a dame thing what team they play on in 5th grade which is D in the big scheme or things or how many wins they get. All that does is pad the pockets of the clubs. So, why don't we all just remember where the parents and the kids play the game and considering we are al from Long Island and we want the best to still come from this small swatch of land why can we support each other than kill each other? Your choice...Tell you son good luck this year, play, practive and study hard...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will there be Oyster Bay Games this Easter weekend with the holiday coming. Advance schedule would be appreciated if so...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, they do a combination lax/Easter egg hunt
Will there be Oyster Bay Games this Easter weekend with the holiday coming. Advance schedule would be appreciated if so...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are games this weekend. Coach already informed us of our schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of kids away and Syosset shootout going on and there still is going to be games ?
I'll bet most teams will be very thin . Any word ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same thing happened last week with Elwood tourney and OBYLL scheduled anyway. They don't care if you can field a team, just that they cram in the amount of games promised.
Definitely a must skip next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same thing happened last week with Elwood tourney and OBYLL scheduled anyway. They don't care if you can field a team, just that they cram in the amount of games promised.

So who are you playing this weekend? You don't have a game scheduled do you? I haven't seen one person yet say they definitely have a game and who they are playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of kids away and Syosset shootout going on and there still is going to be games ?
I'll bet most teams will be very thin . Any word ?

Did you call your coach. Pretty sure he was contacted on Wed. As that is usually when the schedule comes out. I know our team has no game. Email I got from our coach said no game because of the Syosset tournament and the holiday weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are games this weekend. Coach already informed us of our schedule.

Your coach is wrong. Email came out to all coaches on Wednesday morning that there will be no games this weekend.

Subject: OBLL Games April 19/20 No Games
Coaches,

We have a no OBLL games this weekend due the Holiday weekend and the Syosset youth tnmt.

Look for a full slate of games next weekend.

Mike

Don't beleive everything that is written on the page.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So who are you playing this weekend? You don't have a game scheduled do you? I haven't seen one person yet say they definitely have a game and who they are playing.

There is only one game this weekend. A 3rd grade Express team vs. a 4th grade Jester team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on this weeks schedule?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on this weeks schedule?

It's only Wednesday night. Can't believe anyone would expect the schedule so soon. If we get it by tomorrow night, we still have a day to rearrange our weekend plans so that our son can play in the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any chance at a schedule this week?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One last try any chance at a schedule this week?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This league is crumbling with all the spring tournaments almost every weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

? 2018 Jesters Black vs 91 Orange on Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2022 Igloo v 2022 Smash.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2022 Igloo v 2022 Smash.

That should be good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really. Smash by 7.

Like Reply Quote