BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 70 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I second the notion....
Although the dumbest post of the week, has plenty of competition

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you suggesting stretch limos or helicopters??

.... And you wonder why "some" kids around here get their heir of entitlement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
School kids on a school bus! That is no way to treat these Freshman Athletes!!!

What are they using that tuition money for? Books? Teachers?

I understand your point and sarcasm. I have no problem with it, but you might be missing my point. The money people HAVE TO SPEND on everything at that school they should at least do the right thing by these young players.

The boys played some good lax in great weather and watched the Princeton game for free. Your little green eyes and big mouth have nominated you the idiot of the week.

Seems like a long ride for 35 to 45 players that are 14 & 15 year olds with gear in a school bus. "Lord" knows they have the money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Chaminade costs $9K, then the only idiots on this board are us...the Maryland people. The private "lacrosse schools" here are between $30K and $40K. Makes us feel pretty dumb.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
School kids on a school bus! That is no way to treat these Freshman Athletes!!!

What are they using that tuition money for? Books? Teachers?

I understand your point and sarcasm. I have no problem with it, but you might be missing my point. The money people HAVE TO SPEND on everything at that school they should at least do the right thing by these young players.

Seems like a long ride for 35 to 45 players that are 14 & 15 year olds with gear in a school bus. "Lord" knows they have the money.

No we got your point and found it as well as your clarification ridiculous. give us the address so we can drop the dunce cap off at your place.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will be top 10 club teams 2017?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow!!! Please tell me that was a joke!!!
$30 grand for high school. You people are nuts.
Chaminade around $9000, st anthonys around $10000.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Chaminade costs $9K, then the only idiots on this board are us...the Maryland people. The private "lacrosse schools" here are between $30K and $40K. Makes us feel pretty dumb.

Garden City, Mahasset, Ward Melville, Smithtown West, Massapequa, etc....all PUBLIC..costs you $0. Now how do you feel?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow!!! Please tell me that was a joke!!!
$30 grand for high school. You people are nuts.
Chaminade around $9000, st anthonys around $10000.

Chammy & St. Anthony's are less then $9k per year...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will be top 10 club teams 2017?

Total guess as it will not be played out until this summer (in no particular order I listed 13):

Dukes
Crabs
3D National
Turtles
Team 91
West Coast Starz
Leading Edge
Breakers
Madlax
VLC
Laxachussets
Patriot
Mesa Fresh

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Garden City, Mahasset, Ward Melville, Smithtown West, Massapequa, etc....all PUBLIC..costs you $0. Now how do you feel?

Hardly zero, we do pay some ridiculous school taxes up here. I know the private parents pay both freights- taxes and tuition. Yikes !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How big are the class sizes at those close to zero schools? I will pay 12k next year for my boy to attend a school that has an average class size of eleven. So I feel pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about express? They're better than 90% of those teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About 20 to 1. I'd rather keep the $12,000. That would feel a lot better!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How big are the class sizes at those close to zero schools? I will pay 12k next year for my boy to attend a school that has an average class size of eleven. So I feel pretty good.

What will your boy do freshman year of college when there are 150 kids in his classes? If he goes to one the big schools that will surely be the case!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Went to a school like that myself- top notch education, but your top notch kids can get that from any of the great schools- public or private. We are very fortunate in LI to have top ranked public schools. A class of 20 students has it's benefits too- you learn from your peers as well as your teachers. Latin or economics with 6-12 kids a class was not all that it was cracked up to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$0 schools......hmmm...girls with tube tops and shorts that have their a$$ hanging out. Boys with jeans around their a$$ and underwear hanging out with t-shirts and backward baseball caps. Yea....i will pay tuition at Chammy or St A's. Lax lasts 4 years or so....education and respect.... a lifetime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About 20 to 1. I'd rather keep the $12,000. That would feel a lot better!!!!

Average taxes in Garden City are $15k (most of that goes to the school district).

If you live in GC and send your son to Chaminade, it is really $9k plus whatever local school taxes you are paying that are attributable to your son (even if he isn't attending the high school, you still pay for it). Assuming you have only the one son, call it $19k in real dollars to send your kid to Chaminade.

Average class size is about the same, but it hardly matters when the students are disciplined. Chaminade could have a 100-1 student/teacher ratio and you would hear a pin drop in the classroom. Same at GCHS and Manhasset etc. If you have a bunch of undisciplined, under-parented dolts in the class, even a 10-1 ratio is meaningless if 8 of the kids are miscreants.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...or really rich

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does club ball even matter anymore? School ball than showcases. Nothing else matters at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you have to throw True Blue in there...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Went to a school like that myself- top notch education, but your top notch kids can get that from any of the great schools- public or private. We are very fortunate in LI to have top ranked public schools. A class of 20 students has it's benefits too- you learn from your peers as well as your teachers. Latin or economics with 6-12 kids a class was not all that it was cracked up to be.

I doubt it. Plus, this is boarding. So I'm really out a net six k or so when you figure the food I save. The public schools simply do not compare. Myth might not know that if you didn't go public.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I doubt it. Plus, this is boarding. So I'm really out a net six k or so when you figure the food I save. The public schools simply do not compare. Myth might not know that if you didn't go public.

$12k for a private boarding school ... what did you do, enlist him in the Marines?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By the way, our local public is often on the US News top 100. Still does not compare to my son's private where most faculty have PhDs. And to be honest, while my kid is in the top one percent athletically, he is not a stellar student. Just above average. So it is worth it to get him to a better environment. My daughter is a great student and could thrive anywhere. So, the point is, it depends on the family, the kid, the circumstances, etc. But you already know that's, yet you guys cannot seem to refrain from acting like a bunch of middle school girls snarking on each other's clothes....glad I'm down here in VA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By the way, our local public is often on the US News top 100. Still does not compare to my son's private where most faculty have PhDs. And to be honest, while my kid is in the top one percent athletically, he is not a stellar student. Just above average. So it is worth it to get him to a better environment. My daughter is a great student and could thrive anywhere. So, the point is, it depends on the family, the kid, the circumstances, etc. But you already know that's, yet you guys cannot seem to refrain from acting like a bunch of middle school girls snarking on each other's clothes....glad I'm down here in VA.

Not at all- I agree with you- have to do what's best for your family. I've just seen the other side and I know there are pros and cons to each, as a PhD does not definitely make a stellar teacher, and a smaller class does not make a better environment. Pros and cons to each, but you have to find the right fit. Not everyone is as lucky as you and I with the options of excellent public schools. Having both options make it that much easier to find the right fit. Best of luck to your kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? Not based on the Fall. Admitedly summer will be a much better barometer. We shall see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does club ball even matter anymore? School ball than showcases. Nothing else matters at this age.
Yes it does. Top tournaments for 2017s not committed yet (a lot of kids) still matter without question. Showcases matter as well, particularly Maverick, Jake Reed, NSCLA Select or Adrenaline Black Card.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$0 schools......hmmm...girls with tube tops and shorts that have their a$$ hanging out. Boys with jeans around their a$$ and underwear hanging out with t-shirts and backward baseball caps. Yea....i will pay tuition at Chammy or St A's. Lax lasts 4 years or so....education and respect.... a lifetime.

So you are telling me you never saw the Brittany Spears video…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes it does. Top tournaments for 2017s not committed yet (a lot of kids) still matter without question. Showcases matter as well, particularly Maverick, Jake Reed, NSCLA Select or Adrenaline Black Card.

The poster DID say showcases matter, I agree that club ball doest matter that much anymore. Between showcases and prospect camps at colleges why deal with the club BS. I would think that a few schools want to still see you play with your club team to judge you, but the key is to shine as a individual at the BEST individual showcases against the best players and/or at prospect clinics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your on LI and go public it matters plenty. With the exception of a handful of schools, there is no other way to get exposure. You have to play in the tournaments and do the showcases. Especially if your a mid-level kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, 100 percent. Where is you son committed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just looked at the Crabfeast website. Turtles now listed as participating in this tournament for 2017 teams. Will be interesting to see if any teams have caught up like some posters claim. Currently 39 teams listed. There now appears to be one spot left. Why isn't LIE playing in it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is a school in central va. As to a prior poster who asked if if was military, if is not. The sticker price tuition is several times what I will pay. This school gives aid to a relatively large percentage of families, and we are lucky they are making it affordable for us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just looked at the Crabfeast website. Turtles now listed as participating in this tournament for 2017 teams. Will be interesting to see if any teams have caught up like some posters claim. Currently 39 teams listed. There now appears to be one spot left. Why isn't LIE playing in it?

Turtles will have their hands full this summer. Will be interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Tournaments will True Blue be playing this year? Don't see them any where?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The turtles are LIE so your question is answered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is a school in central va. As to a prior poster who asked if if was military, if is not. The sticker price tuition is several times what I will pay. This school gives aid to a relatively large percentage of families, and we are lucky they are making it affordable for us.

What college is he committed to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What college is he committed to?

None. He is in 8th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue did not do too much in the fall. Their team has a lot of multiple sport athletes that play high school football, basketball, hockey.
They will be stacked this year, with 9 boys playing on Chaminade and another 7 or 8 playing varsity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue did not do too much in the fall. Their team has a lot of multiple sport athletes that play high school football, basketball, hockey.
They will be stacked this year, with 9 boys playing on Chaminade and another 7 or 8 playing varsity

How is that? I have been told (by the people on this site) that if you go to St Anthony's or Chaminade you have to play for Express.

Please explain.

Page 51 of 70 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard