M&D Zingos Boys Lacrosse
Maryland Elite
Sky Walkers
83 Elite Lacrosse
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
New Reply
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#55120 - 03/20/14 02:48 PM Re: March Madness LaxFest Boys Tournament - March 23rd, 2014 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah but Greenspan runs a great tournament and letting families know when their kids are playing is asking way to much with schedule requests and late registration.

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
Back of THE CAGE Sponsors

#55131 - 03/20/14 05:47 PM Re: March Madness LaxFest Boys Tournament - March 23rd, 2014 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now 5:44 on Thursday and still no notification about tournament times. I would really like to hear the excuse for this. It's ridiculous that there is no consideration for the participants families who have to schedule their weekends accordingly.

#55134 - 03/20/14 06:49 PM Re: March Madness LaxFest Boys Tournament - March 23rd, 2014 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Now 5:44 on Thursday and still no notification about tournament times. I would really like to hear the excuse for this. It's ridiculous that there is no consideration for the participants families who have to schedule their weekends accordingly.

Totally agree. All teams paying market rate for this tournament run by a professional sports management company and there has been little to no communication from the Directors of the tournament. Only communication is a weak outburst about why the schedule is late. No consideration for families who are paying the tournament fees. Totally shameful....we wont be back

#55135 - 03/20/14 07:03 PM Re: March Madness LaxFest Boys Tournament - March 23rd, 2014 [Re: CageSage]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now 7:00PM on Thursday and still no notification about tournament times.

Shameful. I would have expected more from a tournament run by a professional management company. No regard for the families lining these individuals pockets with $800 per team registered.

Notice that the competiting South Huntington Spring Jam on Saturday had their schedule out yesterday with plenty of communication on the Cage.

Harding should take a page from their playbook on how to run a tourney and treat people.

#55137 - 03/20/14 07:07 PM Re: March Madness LaxFest Boys Tournament - March 23rd, 2014 [Re: CageSage]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The fact that the schedule still hasn't been released clearly shows a lack of respect and concern for the players and their families. And not at all professional. I suspect the willingness on the part of the directors to accept special requests and late registrations was the result of weak interest. I won't be surprised to see several grades "combined" to meet the minimum numbers of teams required to have full brackets. We have no intention of letting our son play this poorly run and organized tournament next year.

#55138 - 03/20/14 07:11 PM Re: March Madness LaxFest Boys Tournament - March 23rd, 2014 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

In all fairness, 60 hours before the tournament and you are still working on the schedule? so you say that the coaches will get the schedules. Can you ALSO share it here please?

#55143 - 03/20/14 07:48 PM Re: March Madness LaxFest Boys Tournament - March 23rd, 2014 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

They probably have been trying to get more teams to make it actually happen. Most teams trust the Outlaw guys to run a more respectable tournament than this group, given their track record,

#55145 - 03/20/14 07:54 PM Re: March Madness LaxFest Boys Tournament - March 23rd, 2014 [Re: CageSage]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been taking my kids to tournaments for a few years. It is a given you will be spending the majority of your day at the event. Yes it would be nice to see who you are playing days in advance so you can start viewing the game films from the last time you played that team and start whining why are you playing them!
If you made other plans for the day of any tournament maybe you should not be going to tournaments.

#55148 - 03/20/14 08:05 PM Re: March Madness LaxFest Boys Tournament - March 23rd, 2014 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who would trust an outlaw?

#55151 - 03/20/14 08:29 PM Re: March Madness LaxFest Boys Tournament - March 23rd, 2014 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The almost hourly stream of vitriol laced, self-serving comments leads to an obvious conclusion.

It is Blatantly obvious where these posts come from.

#55152 - 03/20/14 08:32 PM Re: March Madness LaxFest Boys Tournament - March 23rd, 2014 [Re: CageSage]
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is Blatantly Obvious where the endless stream of self serving comments comes from.

#55153 - 03/20/14 08:41 PM Re: March Madness LaxFest Boys Tournament - March 23rd, 2014 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is Blatantly Obvious where most of these vitriolic post originate.

#55156 - 03/20/14 08:55 PM Re: March Madness LaxFest Boys Tournament - March 23rd, 2014 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dude are you an absolute idiot with that comment. It is 2 days before the tournament. It is a common courtesy to communicate with your customers. Ypu make a committment to announce something either live by it or at least tell people whats going on

Get a life.

#55158 - 03/20/14 09:04 PM Re: March Madness LaxFest Boys Tournament - March 23rd, 2014 [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous

It must have been difficult to schedule the 19 total teams that registered. Looks like quite an event.

#55160 - 03/20/14 09:08 PM Re: March Madness LaxFest Boys Tournament - March 23rd, 2014 [Re: CageSage]
BlatantLacrosse Offline
Back of THE CAGE

I hope those 3 "Blatantly Obvious" accusations are not directed at Blatant! Lacrosse. When we have information to post, we post using our username.

We do not get involved in these shenanigans.

P.S. Myself (Michael Brennan) and all involved with Blatant Lacrosse were at the Walt Whitman varsity game where I coach during all of these posts. I have more important things to do than post about another tournament on these boards.

We wish the best of luck to March Madness and everyone involved and hope for a healthy day full of great lacrosse!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Club Tryouts

Summer Tournaments
Battle in the Big Apple
Greenport Shootout
Lax 4 Backpax
Camps, Clinics & Leagues
Fall Twilight League
Millon Lacrosse Boys Camps
Fall Tournaments
Fall Brawl
Fall Bay Bash
FLG 3D Fall Shootout
FLG Face-Off Combine
BOTC Sponsors

Long Island Clubs (Boys)
All Greys
Ballistix
Be The Best
Blaze
Blue Sharks
Braves
Buccaneers
Checkmate Sharks
EXCEL Lacrosse
Express
FLG Lacrosse
Gladiators
Havoc Dune Dawgs
Hitmen
Icon
Igloo
Jesters
Lax Warriors
Legacy
Lizards Elite
Millon Force
Outlaws
Pride
Rampage
Recon
Revolution
Rough Rider
Sting
Storm
Team 91
Team Long Island
Team Revolution
Threshers
Thunder
Tomahawks
True Blue
Turf Island Oilers
Viper Lacrosse
365lax
516 Lacrosse
Who's Online
12 registered (Maniac, Powderfinger, Damien, tennesseejed, Uncle Johns band, Larry Miller, CJ Orlando, Bull DodgeLax, Title9, LaxFadda, 4278kat, laxmomx3), 750 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Useful Links
Connecticut USL Chapter
LI Metro LAX Foundation
New Jersey South Chapter
Nassau Coaches Assoc.
Nassau Lacrosse Officials
Nassau PAL Lacrosse
Nassau Women's Officials
Newsday Lacrosse
Section VIII Athletics
Section XI Athletics