BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 83 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]ESM Exaggerated Stats Man ..... everyone knows it now. stop it already. [/quote

Everyone knows what? That only people who write negative comments on boards like these are just mad about their own short comings and lack of success in their own lives so they put down everyone around them to make themselves feel better? You must have spent a lot of time in the dean's office and harbor resentment that you aren't as talented and athletic and successful as a bunch of 15, 16 and 17 year old girls. Thank goodness these girls have bright futures and great schools to look forward to. People like you are what motivates them to do even better. And that is no exaggeration.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any results in yet from today??

Northport 12 Bay Shore 11
West Islip 9 West Babylon 8
Middle Country 21 Sachem East 12
Hauppauge 11 Smithtown East 8

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]ESM Exaggerated Stats Man ..... everyone knows it now. stop it already. [/quote

Everyone knows what? That only people who write negative comments on boards like these are just mad about their own short comings and lack of success in their own lives so they put down everyone around them to make themselves feel better? You must have spent a lot of time in the dean's office and harbor resentment that you aren't as talented and athletic and successful as a bunch of 15, 16 and 17 year old girls. Thank goodness these girls have bright futures and great schools to look forward to. People like you are what motivates them to do even better. And that is no exaggeration.
AMEN!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know who selects the Newsday All Long Island Team? Is it the writers, coaches, both?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Any results in yet from today??

Northport 12 Bay Shore 11
West Islip 9 West Babylon 8
Middle Country 21 Sachem East 12
Hauppauge 11 Smithtown East 8

Congrats to all on a great season good luck to the winners in the next round!! Good luck to all teams playing tomorrow!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know who selects the Newsday All Long Island Team? Is it the writers, coaches, both?
does it go by reported stats???

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I sure hope not. Defenders wouldn't have a chance in that case. But given what every other award and recognition seems to glorify, my bank is on stats. :-/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

I sure hope not. Defenders wouldn't have a chance in that case. But given what every other award and recognition seems to glorify, my bank is on stats. :-/

Defenders and freshman rarely get recognized. At least they started to recognize both a little bit more in the player of the week tributes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tsfa7v

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All political. Joke really.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stats should include Ground Balls amd Caused Turn Overs that way Defenders and Middies can get some better recognition. IMO

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Defenders and freshman rarely get recognized. At least they started to recognize both a little bit more in the player of the week tributes.

I know! I was happy to see that.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Stats should include Ground Balls amd Caused Turn Overs that way Defenders and Middies can get some better recognition. IMO

Agree. Then the coaches and Newsday could mess up reporting those stats, too. Hahaha, I'm being cynical but I really would like to see those stats being kept.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. Then the coaches and Newsday could mess up reporting those stats, too. Hahaha, I'm being cynical but I really would like to see those stats being kept.

Colleges capture the info. All games have score keepers keeping the books. It would be a more accurate representation of all the stats that make up what matters in a "team" game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding the discussion of stats and score keeping, I thought this was an interesting read (although a bit dry)

http://www.uslacrosse.org/portals/1/documents/pdf/rules/womens-lacrosse-stat-guide.pdf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never knew that an assist should be awarded if the shooter runs thirty yards after the pass and scores as long as she doesn't need to evade the defense

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I never knew that an assist should be awarded if the shooter runs thirty yards after the pass and scores as long as she doesn't need to evade the defense

In my older child's D1 college experience, her coach was padding stats for one of his favorites by crediting her with assists when she was two touches back from the goal. Two girls would get assist credits for the third girl's goal!

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Regarding the discussion of stats and score keeping, I thought this was an interesting read (although a bit dry)

http://www.uslacrosse.org/portals/1/documents/pdf/rules/womens-lacrosse-stat-guide.pdf

This is to credit the "breakaway" pass or a pass over the defense. See it more at high school and lower play.

As with anything to do with numbers a play can be interpreted wrong. I've seen someone give credit for a draw control and ground ball on the same play during a high school game. They do a great job at the collegiate level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Esm 13-10 over Westhampton

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to ESM 13 10 over WHB. ESM's goalie was the difference down the stretch. Very impressive at the end of the game. Congrats to the WHB seniors on a great season and career.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I guess Sayville has the better goalie then Huntington!! Suddenly goalie dad from Huntington goes silent!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Luck to all teams playing today!!

Congrats ESM so glad u beat Westhampton!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to ESM 13 10 over WHB. ESM's goalie was the difference down the stretch. Very impressive at the end of the game. Congrats to the WHB seniors on a great season and career.
was a great game best of luck to WH seniors you guys played your hearts out. Good Luck ESM in the next round very classy game against two rival teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington just handed ESM another Suffolk title! They lost in OT to Sayville .Sayville's goalie won them the game and Huntingtons coach lost them the game! Go Sayville they had the better Coach!!! And Goalie!!!

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Syosset 6-5 over Massapequa. Great game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. we cant get the stat girls to get goals and assists correct ... can u imagine if they had to keep draw controls and ground balls..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I guess Sayville has the better goalie then Huntington!! Suddenly goalie dad from Huntington goes silent!!!

Huntington goalie along with the refs kept them in the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again goalie dad, and how many saves did she have 500.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bayshore and West Babylon got ripped. all about the officials.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington coach lost the game ! Sayville had the better coaching staff!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington coach lost that game or lack of! Defense was pretty bad too. Sayville goalie was great! Huntington was not!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huntington goalie along with the refs kept them in the game.
of course you would say that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again goalie dad, and how many saves did she have 500.
great game played by both teams. Classy group both goalies made some great saves and both teams played their hearts out and left it on the field. True definition of playoff lacrosse it could have gone either way. Congrats to the WH seniors good luck in whatever the next phase of your life may bring. You all did a great job. Good Luck to ESM as you take on Sayville next week!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best Goalie in Suffolk played at Ward Melville

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Bayshore and West Babylon got ripped. all about the officials.

Were there specific calls or just in general?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington coach lost that game or lack of! Defense was pretty bad too. Sayville goalie was great! Huntington was not!

Time for a coaching change. Ridiculous talent on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two talented girls, then a noticeable drop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually not the case, yes they have a few talented goalies but only one can play at a time. Field wise not very deep at all, have 1 very talented kid , then 2 or 3 more solid players after that not much. Unfortunately for them other teams know who they have to stop .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two talented girls, then a noticeable drop.

Huntington has many talented girls, it just didn't go there way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington just handed ESM another Suffolk title! They lost in OT to Sayville .Sayville's goalie won them the game and Huntingtons coach lost them the game! Go Sayville they had the better Coach!!! And Goalie!!!
wow always someone else to blame. How about Sayville stepped up Huntington did not show a little class and stop playing the blame game. Sincerely a Huntington parent

Page 26 of 83 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard