BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 83 1 2 3 4 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Smithtown 19-0 over cop , at least they did not cross into the 20 zone but to have 1 ball hog kid get 11 points is ridiculous. Another poor job of coaching , obviously did not need 1 kid to score that many , but I guarantee that kids mommy and daddy are so proud .

Dislike. So much dislike.

The poster has a point - did Smithtown empty its bench? If so, when? Or did they play their starters most of this nailbiter of a game?

This is not surprising. It is a shame this what newsday creates,it has been going on for years. Unfortunately this is not the end of this. Hopefully the coaches control these players and in their write ups for the game instead of always putting all the acalades and attention to the kid who continues to chase the points maybe write about the kid who is the team player.

Get used to it from that team - the two girls will the top numbers in that game will be around for the next 4 years.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Smithtown 19-0 over cop , at least they did not cross into the 20 zone but to have 1 ball hog kid get 11 points is ridiculous. Another poor job of coaching , obviously did not need 1 kid to score that many , but I guarantee that kids mommy and daddy are so proud .

Dislike. So much dislike.

The poster has a point - did Smithtown empty its bench? If so, when? Or did they play their starters most of this nailbiter of a game?

This is not surprising. It is a shame this what newsday creates,it has been going on for years. Unfortunately this is not the end of this. Hopefully the coaches control these players and in their write ups for the game instead of always putting all the acalades and attention to the kid who continues to chase the points maybe write about the kid who is the team player.

Get used to it from that team - the two girls will the top numbers in that game will be around for the next 4 years.

Lets see if that girls is able to put up numbers like that aginst Bayshore, West Islip, and West Babylon next week!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
never happen. maybee 1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
smith east should be real proud. How many of those super stas are committed to colleges.? zero

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you do with a coach that always blames the kids for losses and never accepts any of the responsibility themselves? Besides blaming the kids, the coach demeans them both privately and publicly. The head coach is also a teacher. Supposedly the coach has been spoken to in the past but nothing has changed.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
smith east should be real proud. How many of those super stas are committed to colleges.? zero

6 that I can think of off hand, including 2 freshman. Get your facts strait before you start mouthing off, makes you look like a fool!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everybody with the I gotta Get Mine selfish Lacrosse attitude beating up on poor teams like Copaige. Every year you read about it, every year nothing changes! I love the sport but I hate what the recruiting and travel teams have created. Way to much me me me these days. And the way the travel kids are pitted against the non travel school teammates makes me crazy. There are some very good players that don't play Topguns liberty YJ wave etc. FYI - travel prents, they are not lepers. Question, when was the last time any of the travel programs made sizeable cuts... not often so that means most everyone makes a travel team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did recruiting and travel teams do this? I think not. Now you look like a fool with such a stupid comment. The girls are getting better and better. The more they play (ie travel) the better they get.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Everybody with the I gotta Get Mine selfish Lacrosse attitude beating up on poor teams like Copaige. Every year you read about it, every year nothing changes! I love the sport but I hate what the recruiting and travel teams have created. Way to much me me me these days. And the way the travel kids are pitted against the non travel school teammates makes me crazy. There are some very good players that don't play Topguns liberty YJ wave etc. FYI - travel prents, they are not lepers. Question, when was the last time any of the travel programs made sizeable cuts... not often so that means most everyone makes a travel team.

I wouldn't place all the blame on the travel programs. Blame the coaches who let it happen.

Also, I haven't seen any "pitting" of travel players against non-travel players on any of my kids' teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did recruiting and travel teams do this? I think not. Now you look like a fool with such a stupid comment. The girls are getting better and better. The more they play (ie travel) the better they get.

What are you talking about? Are you referring to the post about smithtown east commits where you claimed there were none? Fact is they have plenty, fool! Please stop, you are embarrassing yourself!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Putting up 19 on a weak team with 1 kid getting 11 and that isn't taking travel mentality to a school game? ok

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Putting up 19 on a weak team with 1 kid getting 11 and that isn't taking travel mentality to a school game? ok

No, not nice, but reality. In HS varsity stats are important. In the classroom kids don't answer questions wrong because they don't want to embarrass their classmates who are not as bright. The other teams coach could always forfeit. I'm not saying I agree with it, but we live in a very competitive world, and that does not always bring out the compassionate side of people!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, not nice, but reality. In HS varsity stats are important. In the classroom kids don't answer questions wrong because they don't want to embarrass their classmates who are not as bright. The other teams coach could always forfeit. I'm not saying I agree with it, but we live in a very competitive world, and that does not always bring out the compassionate side of people!
YJ's try to blow everybody out every game, doesn't matter whether its summer or meaningless winter game. It's good for business, never let up. It carry's over with those girls when they play school ball, hard checks and late goals regardless of the score. It just isn't sporting behavior and its not just them. But I get it, on this board I know I am in the minority.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ's try to blow everybody out every game, doesn't matter whether its summer or meaningless winter game. It's good for business, never let up. It carry's over with those girls when they play school ball, hard checks and late goals regardless of the score. It just isn't sporting behavior and its not just them. But I get it, on this board I know I am in the minority.

Its called competitive sports. You do what you can to win. Be aggressive, give it your all every minute. We come to win! These girls work extremely hard and most are looking to play in college. There it will be even more competitive! Same thing happens on the boys side. What is all this crying about? If you can't take the heat, get out of the pan! These athletes should not hold them selves back in fear of hurting someones feelings. They are in HS now. This is varsity sports! Please stop!

Chief Admin
Chief Admin
[Linked Image]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
[Linked Image]

who is that guy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its called competitive sports. You do what you can to win. Be aggressive, give it your all every minute. We come to win! These girls work extremely hard and most are looking to play in college. There it will be even more competitive! Same thing happens on the boys side. What is all this crying about? If you can't take the heat, get out of the pan! These athletes should not hold them selves back in fear of hurting someones feelings. They are in HS now. This is varsity sports! Please stop!
You do realize that a win is a win right? You think its ok to beat a HS team by 20 reagardless of their ability just because they are in HS right? Thats ok sportsmanship ? You sound like one of the travel parents that most despise. As long as your kid gets her goals screw everyone else. Nice!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Linked Image]

who is that guy?

Mike Westhoff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do realize that a win is a win right? You think its ok to beat a HS team by 20 reagardless of their ability just because they are in HS right? Thats ok sportsmanship ? You sound like one of the travel parents that most despise. As long as your kid gets her goals screw everyone else. Nice!

Actually, it's happened to my kids both ways! We live and learn! Sports is about winning, that's the way it is. It sucks losing by double digits but sometimes a team is that good! I also know that what comes around goes around. You may win by a lot today, and tomorrow get schooled. You have to learn from it and try to get better. Not whine and feel sorry for yourself. Varsity sports are very competitive with a lot on the line, it's not a place for every kid!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, it's happened to my kids both ways! We live and learn! Sports is about winning, that's the way it is. It sucks losing by double digits but sometimes a team is that good! I also know that what comes around goes around. You may win by a lot today, and tomorrow get schooled. You have to learn from it and try to get better. Not whine and feel sorry for yourself. Varsity sports are very competitive with a lot on the line, it's not a place for every kid!
Only a TOOL tries to justify bad sportsmanship. My kid is just too good, me and the coach can't stop her I'm sorry the other team is so weak but that's not our problem

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why Duke's calling:) Sorry, it can't be everyone. That's why they call it competitive athletics. The cream rises to the top, and doors open. That's why we invested 1000's

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I don't think anyone wants games to not be competitive, but I also don't think there is any good reason (other than blowing up your stats) to play such lopsided games. Neither side benefits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why Duke's calling:) Sorry, it can't be everyone. That's why they call it competitive athletics. The cream rises to the top, and doors open. That's why we invested 1000's

Good for you, glad your happy, but still a TOOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Linked Image]

who is that guy?

Mike Westhoff

That is hysterical!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
from what I understand is the Smith e coach is new this year, in the past the coach would never allow this to happen. and yes the 2 top players played all but n3-5 minutes of the game and there were girls that did not see any playing time on the smithtown bench

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girl you are talking about has alot of talent, watch her play she is that good, hse also has a pretty solid team behind her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Linked Image]

who is that guy?

Mike Westhoff

That is hysterical!!
she's a man baby

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this is not about a girl or even a whole team of girls this is on the coaches for allowing his/her teams to run up the score on lesser skilled opponents. there are plenty of ways to play the game, and win the game without embarrassing the other team. empty the bench, work on your stall, don't double, work your zone, get your goalie involved on the clear, shoot over the top, reverse the ball on the clear. these and many other things can be done in a way that it will not embarrass your opponent. As to the poster that said this is "competitive High School Lacrosse" 9-8,10-6,20-15 is competitive.19-0 is uncalled for. The most "competitive programs" will not embarrass a lesser opponent unless it is warranted for some reason. Take a look at ST Anthonys,who some believe to be the most "competitive" team around,and you will find that in the last couple of years they may have beaten an opponent by 15 or more once. Competition is about the win not the score. Have no dog in the fight just an observation

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great athletes no question, but you would think that a great athlete would be smart enough to know games like these are decided before they get off teh bus. How about the great athlete work in some of my friends and teammates and spread the wealth and gain some respect. But NO, gotta get MINE thats what my parents and travel coach says. Its just a sad and selfish game sometimes and thats unfortunate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
from what I understand is the Smith e coach is new this year, in the past the coach would never allow this to happen. and yes the 2 top players played all but n3-5 minutes of the game and there were girls that did not see any playing time on the smithtown bench

You have no idea what you are talking about. Check the stats from the last 2 years, each year there one girl that chased the points on this team. Both have since graduated, a different girl each of those years. What is funny is both years this team should have made the playoffs and did not because of lack of team play. It was one player each of those years trying to showcase themselves and nobody stepped in to stop it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I might kick myself later..But, I think the wisecracks about CR above are out of line and should be taken down....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have no idea what you are talking about. Check the stats from the last 2 years, each year there one girl that chased the points on this team. Both have since graduated, a different girl each of those years. What is funny is both years this team should have made the playoffs and did not because of lack of team play. It was one player each of those years trying to showcase themselves and nobody stepped in to stop it.

Are you saying this girl isn't chasing points? It seems as though she is. And if so, it's going to be a long 4 years for her teammates.

Chief Admin
Chief Admin
I might kick myself later..But, I think the wisecracks about CR above are out of line and should be taken down....

People are entitled to their opinions. In this particular I have read chapter and verse on this board about how CR seems to treat people and that she uses bullying tactics. Speaking from personal experience she did try exactly those tactics on me. So from my own direct personal experience I can attribute credibility to what many are writing here.

I may have to to a YJ game and introduce myself to CR. I am always happy to make new friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girl you are talking about has alot of talent, watch her play she is that good, hse also has a pretty solid team behind her.

If she were that good she would have enough self confidence to not score 11 points against Cop., your better players would be embarrassed. Again there are games that are competitive and you need your better players to take control , this was not one of them. If you can say they would not have won that game without her I would get it but obviously not the case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great athletes no question, but you would think that a great athlete would be smart enough to know games like these are decided before they get off teh bus. How about the great athlete work in some of my friends and teammates and spread the wealth and gain some respect. But NO, gotta get MINE thats what my parents and travel coach says. Its just a sad and selfish game sometimes and thats unfortunate.

You lose all credibility when you blame her travel coach. Tell her high school coach to do the right thing , her travel coach has nothing to do with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you do with a coach that always blames the kids for losses and never accepts any of the responsibility themselves? Besides blaming the kids, the coach demeans them both privately and publicly. The head coach is also a teacher. Supposedly the coach has been spoken to in the past but nothing has changed.

No coach should be allowed to demean their players. What school is this? Nassau or Suffolk?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People are entitled to their opinions. In this particular I have read chapter and verse on this board about how CR seems to treat people and that she uses bullying tactics. Speaking from personal experience she did try exactly those tactics on me. So from my own direct personal experience I can attribute credibility to what many are writing here.

I may have to to a YJ game and introduce myself to CR. I am always happy to make new friends.

They are attacking her looks which has nothing to do with anything you just said.You should definitely show up at a YJ event and introduce yourself from behind the computer screen and see how that turns out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right, it is wrong to anonymously post any jokes or criticism about anyone in the LI Lax community on this site.... Remove all the posts and shut it all down!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You lose all credibility when you blame her travel coach. Tell her high school coach to do the right thing , her travel coach has nothing to do with it.

I disagree, If mommy and daddy tell her on every car ride "get yours" and northwestern will be calling and then the travel coach reinforces that same message "we need to kill everyone" because CR says its good for her business you think a HS coach is going to reel that kid in? Selfish is selfish doesnt go on and off like a switch. You kool aid drinkers think poor sportsmanship can be justified because of competitivness and uncontrollable skill. It never can be especially in school sports. You want to act that way in summer go ahead that is what you have chosen and pay for. But show some class on the school fields. Be humble

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If she were that good she would have enough self confidence to not score 11 points against Cop., your better players would be embarrassed. Again there are games that are competitive and you need your better players to take control , this was not one of them. If you can say they would not have won that game without her I would get it but obviously not the case.

It's the nutty parents who are chirping in the daughters ear, they have worn out there welcome in Smithtown and on the YJ team, it's all about "me me me me" and look at what little "star" did today. Womens Lax ends after college, so go to that subpar academic college but a great lax program and than struggle to get a job. All the fan fair will end morons!

Page 2 of 83 1 2 3 4 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard