BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 29 1 2 27 28 29
Re: Boys Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh ....I see. They play varsity as Juniors and Seniors which is the proper way versus the whining public school freshman who "play" varsity but ride the pine for 3 years so daddy can say his kid is a 4 year varsity player although its at a low level public school

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Oh ....I see. They play varsity as Juniors and Seniors which is the proper way versus the whining public school freshman who "play" varsity but ride the pine for 3 years so daddy can say his kid is a 4 year varsity player although its at a low level public school

There are sophomores that were all county, all li, and all tri-state last year. A couple even made under armour.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again Chaminade has a Gauntlet of a schedule.
Always plays one of the toughest schedules in the country.
Traditional Rivalry games with stiff competition.

I'd like them to go after a team from Philly too.

03/21 at Ward Melville
03/25 Massapequa
03/28 at West Islip
04/01 Iona Prep
04/11 Manhasset
04/15 St Anthony's
04/21 at Kellenberg Memorial
04/22 St Dominic
04/25 at Yorktown
04/28 at St John Baptist
04/30 at Holy Trinity
05/02 Greenwich HS
05/06 at St Anthony's
05/09 Fairfield Prep
05/16 at Delbarton

In recent years, Yorktown, Fairfield Prep and Delby have caused them fits. How will St. Ants be? How about Pequa this year?
Is Mahhasset a real team this year? Dow West Islip or Ward Melville have bounceback years?

Which team(s) will provide the biggest test?

Where did you find the schedule?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another way to look at it would be the very best 9th graders will play Varsity because they are extremely talented. These are the same kids, if they chose to go private would be starting in front of your son. They are also the kids that will be very prepared to play at the next level having played up for four years prior to senior year. Most started or played plenty on JV as 8th graders. Not to worry, they will meet will all meet again in college. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Staying away from the Main Line I see.
Once again Chaminade has a Gauntlet of a schedule.
Always plays one of the toughest schedules in the country.
Traditional Rivalry games with stiff competition.

I'd like them to go after a team from Philly too.

03/21 at Ward Melville
03/25 Massapequa
03/28 at West Islip
04/01 Iona Prep
04/11 Manhasset
04/15 St Anthony's
04/21 at Kellenberg Memorial
04/22 St Dominic
04/25 at Yorktown
04/28 at St John Baptist
04/30 at Holy Trinity
05/02 Greenwich HS
05/06 at St Anthony's
05/09 Fairfield Prep
05/16 at Delbarton

In recent years, Yorktown, Fairfield Prep and Delby have caused them fits. How will St. Ants be? How about Pequa this year?
Is Mahhasset a real team this year? Dow West Islip or Ward Melville have bounceback years?

Which team(s) will provide the biggest test?

Where did you find the schedule?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
manhassett and garden city both actually had to recruit kids away from chaminade. it blew up in garden city face as the kids they promised varsity spots were not ready for prime time and its exactly the reason why they lost in playoff to manhassett. completely overwhelmed.

Last edited by The Hop; .
User
User
manhassett and garden city both actually had to recruit kids away from chaminade. it blew up in garden city face as the kids they promised varsity spots were not ready for prime time and its exactly the reason why they lost in playoff to manhassett. completely overwhelmed.

The above post has been edited. Do not single out individual players.

Last edited by The Hop; .

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the schedules are up on Laxpower

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC/Manhasset recruiting? Painful - so public schools recruit kids in their own community and Catholic schools that grab kids from all over LI are losing out to GC/Manhasset internal recruiting - have another cocktail and stand on the sideline of a Express game and listen to all of the recruiting that takes place - as for GC's lousy season -it was subpar for the Trojans true but at 15-4 with wins over Pequa, Bronxville, and St Paul's it was not exactly like anyone needs to question the team's competitive level - as for GC/Manhasset playoff game - both teams did not represent well - it happens sometimes but Manhasset fought and won - kudos to them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't EVER compare Chaminade education to any public school on LI

That's right! over 250 kids from each class make the honor roll at chaminade - more than 63% of each class...wait a second, is that a good or bad thing?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again...The freshman team would beat most public school warsity teams. In your wisdom you compared them to teams vying for County and State championships. Look at the list of High School Teams and I will restate my claim....Chaminade frshman will beat more than 50% of the teams.

This isn't true, really an uniformed ignorant comment. The varsity game is much faster and the kids are bigger and stronger, this freshman CATHOLIC school (not private, it's catholic) would get demolished.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

anyone can get into Chaminade if they have half a brain...not impressive at all and way inferior to true private schools in terms of academic prowess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

anyone can get into Chaminade if they have half a brain...not impressive at all and way inferior to true private schools in terms of academic prowess.

Have a friend who's kid was not the greatest students in Middle School c's and b's. He decided to take Catholic School entrance exam. He placed into Chaminade. Now he's telling me his son is on honor roll or whatever the equivalent is at Chaminade. Either the work is a lot easier or this kid became Einstein in one semester. I would take the grades at these Catholics with a grain of salt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have a friend who's kid was not the greatest students in Middle School c's and b's. He decided to take Catholic School entrance exam. He placed into Chaminade. Now he's telling me his son is on honor roll or whatever the equivalent is at Chaminade. Either the work is a lot easier or this kid became Einstein in one semester. I would take the grades at these Catholics with a grain of salt.

Is it me or is the breath of course offering at the Catholic schools sub par compared to some of the bigger better publics. It seems as if the bandwidth of classes and subject matter at the publics dwarf the catholics.

What I dont know about is the teacher qualifications. You can have the sexiest course offering but some Boob teaching there goes that argument.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes the course level at Chaminade, SA's , Kellenberg, St.Dom's, Mercy etc... and other Catholic High Schools is much easier than public schools. That of course is why they have an entrance exam and people pay good money to send students there regardless of lacrosse.
Lacrosse is a game people, scholarships are few and far between.
If your son or daughter is intelligent they can see through the BS that is ruining this sport.
Greed, Politics, Nepotism etc...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do that...dont take into consideration that maybe the kid needed a little academic discipline and fell lock step with the rest. If you have no interest in the privates outside of bashing, then take it up with a seal instead. It might pleasure you more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again....could everyone please stop calling chaminade a private school. It is a CATHOLIC school. Huge difference between the two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please enlighten us on the difference

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again....could everyone please stop calling chaminade a private school. It is a CATHOLIC school. Huge difference between the two.

Sorry...Private Catholic school...peace be with you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know if he really made the honor roll? First your saying your "friends" son is an idiot. then the dad is saying his son is on the honor roll. Maybe daddy doesnt want you to know how bad his kid is doing. What parent is going to admit to a "friend" his kid is stupid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Compare the roster of Chaminade including those cut junior and senior year and the schools they are going to with any public school and then tell me Chaminade is not worth it. Talk with any D1 coach and if he has 2 players of equal talent and the kid from Chaminade has an 89 average and the public school kid has a 95 he is taking the Chaminade kid every time. More prepared on both fronts.

Oh and buy the way they win playing a brutal schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Christ the king in queens a private school? Is molloy a private school? Is st Francis prep a private school? NO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know if he really made the honor roll? First your saying your "friends" son is an idiot. then the dad is saying his son is on the honor roll. Maybe daddy doesnt want you to know how bad his kid is doing. What parent is going to admit to a "friend" his kid is stupid.

Peter Griffin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade and St Anthony's have advantages and disadvantages from public schools, you can not compare them to public schools because it can never be apples to apples. It is wonderful that we live in a place that offers so many options for excellent education and excellent lacrosse - not better and not worse just different. no that we cleared that up lets get back to lacrosse.

Nassau - A - Massapequa
Nassau - B - Lynbrook (best team in Nassau County)
Nassau - C - Locust Valley

Suffolk - A - Smithtown East (Best Team on LI)
Suffolk - B - Hauppague
Suffolk - C - ???

Catholic - St. Anthony's

Page 29 of 29 1 2 27 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard