BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,518
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Girls 2020 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm a little familiar with that Jones team. Truth is any decent team could have beaten them in OC. Don't think the coach had any clue what to expect from her team. Seems she figured out how to get the most out of what she has. F&f has a grip on them also. Good coach!!! Good person!!!

Little familiar because you are probably one of the F&F who are running that team. The nice young lady is being led by the F&F group. And yes she is a nice person but don't fool yourself the F&F are playing her like a fiddle!!

Its almost like the Blind Side movie, where she called the coach from the stands with the play. F&F parents have no shame but if they have paid as much as they have to the CR empire I guess you can understand it.

Its almost like you have a kid that is not very good and need to make up excuses why they are not on the top teams. I stand corrected it is exactly like that, maybe time for your kid to pick up that baseball glove.

Umm I think this was about the F&F parents manipulating the coach of the team they do play on.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes the Brine tournament was great for non-yj, non-tg 12 year old daughter. Club really doesn't matter, the child does. Their talent speaks for them alone, not their affiliation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes the Brine tournament was great for non-yj, non-tg 12 year old daughter. Club really doesn't matter, the child does. Their talent speaks for them alone, not their affiliation.

Thank you eleveate parent, their director jammed as many kids as possible onto the rosters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you eleveate parent, their director jammed as many kids as possible onto the rosters

2 Elevate girls were on the middle school team so relax and learn the facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

two too many

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

two too many
Let us guess you play for YJ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, the summer travel season is wrapping up in the next few weeks.

What do the 2020 parents think of their team's coach? Who is the best and why?

That's what I want to know as tryouts loom on the horizon....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think YJ suck!! Coaches are the worst. Thought I was getting into a great club. WRONG!!! They favor 3 girls, do not develop the rest. Disgusting waste of money. So, we will not be coming back! They lost so many games putting the same girls in who could not get the job done. Guess I didn't give an envelope with the right amount of money to someone in the beginning. And whats up with traveling hours to only play YJs?????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What YJ coach did your daughter have?
I think YJ suck!! Coaches are the worst. Thought I was getting into a great club. WRONG!!! They favor 3 girls, do not develop the rest. Disgusting waste of money. So, we will not be coming back! They lost so many games putting the same girls in who could not get the job done. Guess I didn't give an envelope with the right amount of money to someone in the beginning. And whats up with traveling hours to only play YJs?????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a common theme with the YJ program at all levels

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So where will you go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We love the game unfortunatly the game has become way too selfish and you are right most teams have only a couple of girls that everything must go through. Then when those girls can't get to cage they pull out reset and go again and agian and again. Honestly we have told our daughter to not be so unselfish but that just who she is. So she wins a ball amd makes a nice pass and then knows her job is done and the ball is never going to be returned to her. And now I'm ready for the elitest response from the people I share a sideline with that my daughter can't keep up and there is no holding their kid back blah blah blah both and both statements would be absolute BS!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Goodbye loser and good luck waking your new club coach up from his hangover nap on the bench. Too funny YJ has some of the most experienced coaches around , many have experience coaching at the college level. Yes some teams run a lot of their offense thru certain kids and it can be frustrating but please name the club that has no teams that do this . Name another club that has as many experienced coaches .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Goodbye loser and good luck waking your new club coach up from his hangover nap on the bench. Too funny YJ has some of the most experienced coaches around , many have experience coaching at the college level. Yes some teams run a lot of their offense thru certain kids and it can be frustrating but please name the club that has no teams that do this . Name another club that has as many experienced coaches .

How's West Hampton doing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We love the game unfortunatly the game has become way too selfish and you are right most teams have only a couple of girls that everything must go through. Then when those girls can't get to cage they pull out reset and go again and agian and again. Honestly we have told our daughter to not be so unselfish but that just who she is. So she wins a ball amd makes a nice pass and then knows her job is done and the ball is never going to be returned to her. And now I'm ready for the elitest response from the people I share a sideline with that my daughter can't keep up and there is no holding their kid back blah blah blah both and both statements would be absolute BS!

Exactly what's going on for our the team as well. I just don't get it. The girls they favor are no better than anyone else on the team, yet certain ones get to drop balls, force turnovers, lose draws, and St still stay in. What am I missing? So fed up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly what's going on for our the team as well. I just don't get it. The girls they favor are no better than anyone else on the team, yet certain ones get to drop balls, force turnovers, lose draws, and St still stay in. What am I missing? So fed up!

At 12 years old shouldn't everyone be given a shot playing multiple positions until it really matters in HS? And for those who poo poo F&F, there definitly seems to be a chosen few who get prime positions and big minutes whether they are doing well or not. Like they came out of the womb as a certain position player and they can't lose it or share it with anyone else regardless of their play. Why if your not connected do you always have to play Defense?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At 12 years old shouldn't everyone be given a shot playing multiple positions until it really matters in HS? And for those who poo poo F&F, there definitly seems to be a chosen few who get prime positions and big minutes whether they are doing well or not. Like they came out of the womb as a certain position player and they can't lose it or share it with anyone else regardless of their play. Why if your not connected do you always have to play Defense?

It is also happening on the 4th grade team, sickening!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How's West Hampton doing?

Hows your trailer park?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Im not exactly sure what team your daughter is on, but i dont see our teams offense running through only a couple of girls. In fact our coach has stressed numerous times to move the ball around, much to the dismay of some parents who just want their daughters to go to goal. But Im sure it is happening on other teams. As for the positions, have you spoken to the coach? I know if It was me, and my daughter was unhappy, I would at least engage the coach in conversation. If you're unhappy with the answer, you have a choice to make. Accept it or move on. I'd suggest moving on, there are plenty of programs to choose from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that a father coaching situation? How's that going? Absolutely hate the idea that a travel club would let a parent coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Welcome to the Yellow Jackets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous
Im not exactly sure what team your daughter is on, but i dont see our teams offense running through only a couple of girls. In fact our coach has stressed numerous times to move the ball around, much to the dismay of some parents who just want their daughters to go to goal. But Im sure it is happening on other teams. As for the positions, have you spoken to the coach? I know if It was me, and my daughter was unhappy, I would at least engage the coach in conversation. If you're unhappy with the answer, you have a choice to make. Accept it or move on. I'd suggest moving on, there are plenty of programs to choose from. [/quote]

Would love to know your team. As far as moving on we shouldn't have to if the hired coaches were doing right by all their customers and not just the ones they have been told to take care of. They are 6th graders most in their first couple of years of travel and lots on this team for their first year. But we will probably be like all the other lemmings and stick it out because its the almighty YJ's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous
Im not exactly sure what team your daughter is on, but i dont see our teams offense running through only a couple of girls. In fact our coach has stressed numerous times to move the ball around, much to the dismay of some parents who just want their daughters to go to goal. But Im sure it is happening on other teams. As for the positions, have you spoken to the coach? I know if It was me, and my daughter was unhappy, I would at least engage the coach in conversation. If you're unhappy with the answer, you have a choice to make. Accept it or move on. I'd suggest moving on, there are plenty of programs to choose from.

Would love to know your team. As far as moving on we shouldn't have to if the hired coaches were doing right by all their customers and not just the ones they have been told to take care of. They are 6th graders most in their first couple of years of travel and lots on this team for their first year. But we will probably be like all the other lemmings and stick it out because its the almighty YJ's. [/quote]

Its sad that people feel that they have to stick it out. I made that mistake ith my first daughter but AM NOT making that mistake with my younger one. My older one played on YJ and we stuck it out and that was a huge mistake! We watched as a few favorites got all the glory. Like the other poster said, it was sickiening and only got worse as the kids got older! Move on, do not do this diservice to your daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that a father coaching situation? How's that going? Absolutely hate the idea that a travel club would let a parent coach.

Yes, daddy coach, all plays centered around his daughter! Others banished to defense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to agree, look at their YJ 19 top team , have mom and dad coaches who most realize the kids do not belong on that team . They also have those kids town teammates on the team who do not belong which makes that team a mess.That being said Yj does have a lot of very experienced and good coaches who have no kids in the program , probably more than any other club out there which makes sense as they have more teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent when I read this stuff I feel for you. My 4th grade daughter plays for the Turf Island Oilers (YJ parents would consider us a B team for sure). Her team was put together in mid-May and quite frankly I could not be happier with their progress in the month and a half they have been playing together.

They are coached by a current D2 all-American from Adelphi and the current women's head coach from Queens College and have made leaps and bounds in the short time they have been practicing together.

All of the girls play ALL positions (except goal, but the goalies get to run the field also), and the parents could not be happier with the results and are great people. We played in the Babylon Lax Blast last week (don't call it a B tournament there were YJ teams everywhere)and went 1-1-1, tying a Liberty team that gave up 2 goals in their first 2 games 5-5 in our last game.

My point is that you can be a small fish in a big pond or a big fish in a small pond - the choice is completely up to you so if you are not happy put your ego aside (my daughter plays for the YJ - yayyyyy) and do something about it for the good of your daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent when I read this stuff I feel for you. My 4th grade daughter plays for the Turf Island Oilers (YJ parents would consider us a B team for sure). Her team was put together in mid-May and quite frankly I could not be happier with their progress in the month and a half they have been playing together.

They are coached by a current D2 all-American from Adelphi and the current women's head coach from Queens College and have made leaps and bounds in the short time they have been practicing together.

All of the girls play ALL positions (except goal, but the goalies get to run the field also), and the parents could not be happier with the results and are great people. We played in the Babylon Lax Blast last week (don't call it a B tournament there were YJ teams everywhere)and went 1-1-1, tying a Liberty team that gave up 2 goals in their first 2 games 5-5 in our last game.

My point is that you can be a small fish in a big pond or a big fish in a small pond - the choice is completely up to you so if you are not happy put your ego aside (my daughter plays for the YJ - yayyyyy) and do something about it for the good of your daughter.

Turf Island is a C Team at best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are absolutely right, we should NOT call that a B tournament. It is clearly a C tournament. YJ only attends for monetary and political reasons. When you compare that Tournament to Tournaments like National Draw where Long Island Teams like (YJ, TG and Elevate) go up against M&D, Skywalkers, TLC, etc. you can clearly say the tournament you were at was a C Tournament. Your C team went 1-1-1 at a C Tournament. Enjoy the rest of your season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any comments about the 91 girls program? Are they any good?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Daughter played there for one year. The experience was bad (that's being kind). It was completely unorganized, communication with kids and parents was non-existent, just a very bad experience. They have some older girl teams like 2016 and maybe 2017 that are ok but the 2018s and down are not very strong. They are a boys club and a very good boys club that has tacked on a girls program and it really shows. Girls are not a priority.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous

Would love to know your team. As far as moving on we shouldn't have to if the hired coaches were doing right by all their customers and not just the ones they have been told to take care of. They are 6th graders most in their first couple of years of travel and lots on this team for their first year. But we will probably be like all the other lemmings and stick it out because its the almighty YJ's. [/quote]

If you are an unhappy customer and haven't at least spoken to your coach, you are doing both your daughter and yourself a disservice. Perhaps your daughter has willingly accepted the position she is playing on the team and the coach is unaware. Regardless, your displeasure should be vocalized. Just be prepared for an answer that you may not like. A lot of parents join YJ or TG to get away from the "everyone gets to play everything" because that's what PAL is for. As for the lemming comment, speak for yourself. If I was as unhappy as you seem to be, and I didn't get the answer that I wanted out of the coach, is be investigating another program for my daughter. The summer travel season doesn't get any easier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous

Would love to know your team. As far as moving on we shouldn't have to if the hired coaches were doing right by all their customers and not just the ones they have been told to take care of. They are 6th graders most in their first couple of years of travel and lots on this team for their first year. But we will probably be like all the other lemmings and stick it out because its the almighty YJ's.

If you are an unhappy customer and haven't at least spoken to your coach, you are doing both your daughter and yourself a disservice. Perhaps your daughter has willingly accepted the position she is playing on the team and the coach is unaware. Regardless, your displeasure should be vocalized. Just be prepared for an answer that you may not like. A lot of parents join YJ or TG to get away from the "everyone gets to play everything" because that's what PAL is for. As for the lemming comment, speak for yourself. If I was as unhappy as you seem to be, and I didn't get the answer that I wanted out of the coach, is be investigating another program for my daughter. The summer travel season doesn't get any easier. [/quote]

Hahaha I'm not sure kids on the 3rd TG team could make some PAL teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We were there for a couple of years. We were going to leave but they said they were bringing in a new girls director so we stayed another year. When the new director did not make any improvements to the program, we left last year. We looked at a few different clubs and ended up at Team Elevate (this was our first summer there) and had a very good experience. The quality of play was much better than 91, the club is very well organized, there is a family atmosphere and "club" atmosphere which did not exist at 91 at all. Very happy with our decision and look forward to going back again next year. One issue we had with Elevate was the number of kids per team but I saw on the website they are drastically reducing the number of kids on each team next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous

If you are an unhappy customer and haven't at least spoken to your coach, you are doing both your daughter and yourself a disservice. Perhaps your daughter has willingly accepted the position she is playing on the team and the coach is unaware. Regardless, your displeasure should be vocalized. Just be prepared for an answer that you may not like. A lot of parents join YJ or TG to get away from the "everyone gets to play everything" because that's what PAL is for. As for the lemming comment, speak for yourself. If I was as unhappy as you seem to be, and I didn't get the answer that I wanted out of the coach, is be investigating another program for my daughter. The summer travel season doesn't get any easier. [/quote]

So at 12 years of age and on the team with you for our first season even though we made your team we shouldn't get some time at different positions and a fair chance at playing time? If we were chosen for your team weren't we deemed close in ability? This is the problem with you and the people on the our sideline since we aren't in the F&F click we have to listen to your comments about if you cant keep up go back to PAL. Here's one, don't put 25 kids on a team and if you didn't think we were good enough don't take us. But if you take our cash and put us on your team play the kids. You can call National whatever you want but its 6th grade lacrosse and player development for all should be the #1 priority

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous

If you are an unhappy customer and haven't at least spoken to your coach, you are doing both your daughter and yourself a disservice. Perhaps your daughter has willingly accepted the position she is playing on the team and the coach is unaware. Regardless, your displeasure should be vocalized. Just be prepared for an answer that you may not like. A lot of parents join YJ or TG to get away from the "everyone gets to play everything" because that's what PAL is for. As for the lemming comment, speak for yourself. If I was as unhappy as you seem to be, and I didn't get the answer that I wanted out of the coach, is be investigating another program for my daughter. The summer travel season doesn't get any easier.

So at 12 years of age and on the team with you for our first season even though we made your team we shouldn't get some time at different positions and a fair chance at playing time? If we were chosen for your team weren't we deemed close in ability? This is the problem with you and the people on the our sideline since we aren't in the F&F click we have to listen to your comments about if you cant keep up go back to PAL. Here's one, don't put 25 kids on a team and if you didn't think we were good enough don't take us. But if you take our cash and put us on your team play the kids. You can call National whatever you want but its 6th grade lacrosse and player development for all should be the #1 priority [/quote]

Once again, a topic that should be raised with your coach. Might as well get your answers from the horses mouth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous

So at 12 years of age and on the team with you for our first season even though we made your team we shouldn't get some time at different positions and a fair chance at playing time? If we were chosen for your team weren't we deemed close in ability? This is the problem with you and the people on the our sideline since we aren't in the F&F click we have to listen to your comments about if you cant keep up go back to PAL. Here's one, don't put 25 kids on a team and if you didn't think we were good enough don't take us. But if you take our cash and put us on your team play the kids. You can call National whatever you want but its 6th grade lacrosse and player development for all should be the #1 priority

Once again, a topic that should be raised with your coach. Might as well get your answers from the horses mouth. [/quote]

Go lay that logic down with CR, let me know how you make out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not understand how parents think it should be equal playing time. Both TG black and YJ blue have about 8 kids that should not even be on the team or even see any quality of field time. The first goal of travel is to win, not equal playing time. Most parents are delusional with there kids ability on the field. If you feel your daughter deserves more field time, spend more time with her at the field. Both teams have about 6 true lax players. The rest are just position fillers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not understand how parents think it should be equal playing time. Both TG black and YJ blue have about 8 kids that should not even be on the team or even see any quality of field time. The first goal of travel is to win, not equal playing time. Most parents are delusional with there kids ability on the field. If you feel your daughter deserves more field time, spend more time with her at the field. Both teams have about 6 true lax players. The rest are just position fillers.

From a TG black parent, I wish the teams were more win at all costs, they seem intent on playing all in fair rotations and I see games slip away that are winnable. And you are correct, if teams played the top 6 or 8 kids and had a small rotation of bench the teams would be exponentially stronger. But this is big$ business, both TG and YJ. Look at premier soccer teams, they roster and play to win. I hear elevate are cutting teams to 18 players. They are on the fringe of high competitive teams, this will make them much more competitive. Wish our club would do this. 24plus kids on a team, what a waste of time. Spend all that time on travel, hotel, tuition, and would love the idea of real playing time. It is a greedy model CR invented and BS copied. Watching the competitiveness of this model slipping away so hopefully they follow suit and trim to 18 players, it would make for much happier players, parents and less headaches, more wins. It is a no brainer. At least do it on the top black teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We were there for a couple of years. We were going to leave but they said they were bringing in a new girls director so we stayed another year. When the new director did not make any improvements to the program, we left last year. We looked at a few different clubs and ended up at Team Elevate (this was our first summer there) and had a very good experience. The quality of play was much better than 91, the club is very well organized, there is a family atmosphere and "club" atmosphere which did not exist at 91 at all. Very happy with our decision and look forward to going back again next year. One issue we had with Elevate was the number of kids per team but I saw on the website they are drastically reducing the number of kids on each team next year.

That's the only way to make more money, if 56 kids tryout there are no more cuts - very simple. The "B" teams are horrific, can't imagine waht the "C" teams will look like

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And this is what's wrong with travel lacrosse and the toxic sidelines we all share. 24 girls put on a team based on ability and the top 8 ME FIRST parents saying #9-#24 don't belong with their Shannon and that they would win a bunch more without everyone else. It's a shame its turned into this but these toxic top 8 parents are the ones that would run over you for an 8th grade varsity call up and a 9th grade verbal to college. It's only about you and in the end you will be sitting by yourself but will get your daughter that partial to college. The rest of us who don't sell our soul will keep our friends that don't have two faces. Please save the response that we can't keep up and should go back to pal. Thanks

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard