BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Girls 2016 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cage any way to get a list of colleges that were in attendance last year at Maverick Showtime? Or even better a list of who will be there this year?

Expect to see the top rising sophmores (2017) based on the Long Island chatter. If you were lucky enough to receive an invitation, jump on it. Remember, there are some events that Are in fact Invitation Only and have a cap on those lucky enough to get the nod. My son to this day says it was the best showcase he attended and with the people running the girls side this year there will no doubt be hundreds of recruiters. It is pricy, but then again if your daughter has an idea of where she wants to go, chances are the coach will be attending this showcase. If not she can let the coach know she will be attending. I am on my brothers ipad and cant get to my email but I think this is at the end of June. Heard it was an amazing experience last year from girls who have given verbals over the past few months.

You guys are talking about the Showtime event at Western Connecticut right? My daughter's going for the first time, and I saw someone earlier in the thread said it was awful last year. Wondering if anyone else has any input, or if that poster can provide details...

Heard it will be very well attended and girls will receive top level coaching and gifts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets see what yj and topguns do tbis weekend.. oh yeah and the 91 allstars

topguns won 3 of 4 lost to M&D by 1

allstars lost 3 of 4 beat weak team, got crushed by skywalkers, Yellow jackets and capitol.

Yellow jackets won 3 of 4

A teams = Yellowjackets blue, skywalkers blue, topguns black, capitol blue, M&D black, Maryland united

B teams = 91 allstars, express, liberty, wave, elevate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not to split hairs regarding "A" teams but I would consider the following as "A" team caliber: Hero's, TLC Red, NEMS, and NJ STEPS IMO...Capitol Blue is a pretty weak "A" team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cream of the 2016s, IMO and in no particular order

A+: YJ Defo, TG, M&D, STEPS

A-: Heros, MD United

B+: Skywalkers, CHeckHers, TLC, Team 91, NEMS

What do you all think? Lets remember to look at the entire body of work and not only the last six months. Showcases have a way of murking the waters. Over time, this has been the pecking order IMO. Agree or disagree?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cream of the 2016s, IMO and in no particular order

A+: YJ Defo, TG, M&D, STEPS

A-: Heros, MD United

B+: Skywalkers, CHeckHers, TLC, Team 91, NEMS

What do you all think? Lets remember to look at the entire body of work and not only the last six months. Showcases have a way of murking the waters. Over time, this has been the pecking order IMO. Agree or disagree?

Not bad but would move TG ,Steps down to A- and Skywalkers and 91 up to A-. I take showcase tournaments as little input into which teams are better . Has TG ever won a championship tournament with its 2016 team (not U15) lost in their own tournament to Team 91 all stars. 91 all stars may have gotten beaten up last weekend but was showcase so look at how they have done over the years at championships. Steps, not sure if they have won many if any championship tournaments the last couple years either.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I haven't been very impressed with Skywalkers for this graduating year. Just like Capitol isn't very strong either. Team 91 is solid but not elite. I think STEPS has become really good

So maybe we can put STEPS TG Heros on the second line

A YJ M&D
A- Steps TG Heros
B+ Team 91 MD United
B Skywalkers Checkhers TLC NEMS

?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What major tournaments has 91 won? Skywalkers? I don't think there's been many if any

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What major tournaments has 91 won? Skywalkers? I don't think there's been many if any

That is why I would put them at A-. Last couple of years the only two teams I recall winning actual championship tournaments are YJ defo and MD so I think those two stand alone at the top at the moment. Upcoming National draw will be interesting but schedules are horrible TG YJ in same pool but do not play each other which is just silly. Both clubs directors should ask for change in schedule to either play each other in pool play or playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is why I would put them at A-. Last couple of years the only two teams I recall winning actual championship tournaments are YJ defo and MD so I think those two stand alone at the top at the moment. Upcoming National draw will be interesting but schedules are horrible TG YJ in same pool but do not play each other which is just silly. Both clubs directors should ask for change in schedule to either play each other in pool play or playoffs.

Why would you send recruiting year kids to National Draw when barely any coaches go there anymore?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you send recruiting year kids to National Draw when barely any coaches go there anymore?

Looking at the Coaches attending seems to be a Big drop off in numbers from past years, when I saw that the same thought crossed my mind.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Up until last year, M&D was alone at the top. They had won all their games against YJ Defo prior to last year. M&D has won all of their games against Top Guns Black. Last year with the showcase tournaments, YJ did beat M&D (although M&D had several key players out all year with injuries).

But YJ Defo is excellent. End of story. So, right now, I would agree, M&D and YJ Defo, when full strentgh and playing for a title---are the two best teams in the country at 2016. I think almost every player on both teams is a current DI commit.

But the fact is, there are really a bunch of good teams at this age group, that is for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because these clubs are still playing for the wins...Heard 2016 Defo stalled against 91 this past weekend, had to bring home the win or he was being let go...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The statement "he had to bring home the win or he was being let go" is completely unfounded and certainly false. Didn't YJ blow 91/Suffolk Co AS completely out of the water at National Draw last year? And in the past when all team were playing for "the win" had Suffolk/91 ever won a major tourney with YJ or MD in attendance? No

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because these clubs are still playing for the wins...Heard 2016 Defo stalled against 91 this past weekend, had to bring home the win or he was being let go...

Do you really think they needed to stall to win that game , was not very competitive, maybe the coach has a long memory and decided to give him a taste of his own medicine, yes SCGA 91 went into a stall at the last showcase these two teams played at.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you really think they needed to stall to win that game , was not very competitive, maybe the coach has a long memory and decided to give him a taste of his own medicine, yes SCGA 91 went into a stall at the last showcase these two teams played at.

91 allstaRS WERE OUT COACHED BIG TIME LAST WEEK, DEFO LET HIM HAVE IT. TOMAS SHOULD GO BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD. OR TAKE SOME OF THOSE COACHING CLASSES THAT LOCAL COLLEGES ARE GIVING

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the m&d coach is pretty good. barks all game at the refs but he always has them playing competetively

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where would people rank the YJ 2nd team versus:

(1) other "A" teams on Long Island (eg Top Guns Black, Elevate Blue, Liberty, 91, Express Orange) and
(2) other "A" teams mentioned in the thread (eg STEPS, Heroes, MD United, Skywalkers, Checkhers, TLC, NEMS, etc)?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The statement "he had to bring home the win or he was being let go" is completely unfounded and certainly false. Didn't YJ blow 91/Suffolk Co AS completely out of the water at National Draw last year? And in the past when all team were playing for "the win" had Suffolk/91 ever won a major tourney with YJ or MD in attendance? No

The same can be said of all other 2016 teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where would people rank the YJ 2nd team versus:

(1) other "A" teams on Long Island (eg Top Guns Black, Elevate Blue, Liberty, 91, Express Orange) and
(2) other "A" teams mentioned in the thread (eg STEPS, Heroes, MD United, Skywalkers, Checkhers, TLC, NEMS, etc)?

They would rank right there with all the other clubs you mentioned, neck and neck with the B teams. MD red, TG Purple, Skywalker white....... you get the idea. Your the 2nd team from a top club, puts you right in with all the other 2nd teams from the other top clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Average at best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your entire post is false. YJ Defo crushed 91 All Stars. Defo was up by 7-8 goals and went into stall because he is a class guy and didn't want to run up the score too badly, just enough to shut up all the 91 All Star parents who like to brag that they beat us 3 years ago at Carol's showcase at Mitchell Field.

User
User
Any club that stalls and limits the benches playing time at a showcase or any other tournament just simply doesn't get it. And the parents who's kids are getting shorted should not stand for it!!! It's supposed to be to give your players playing time and exposure. Not winning a bracket. That's for the owners and directors egos and to pump up their websites and wallets.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"you play the game to win" Ask the girls why they play the game and most that I know would say the same thing. If that means settling the ball late in the game then so be it. With that said I believe everyone should play as equal as possible in these showcase tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your entire post is false. YJ Defo crushed 91 All Stars. Defo was up by 7-8 goals and went into stall because he is a class guy and didn't want to run up the score too badly, just enough to shut up all the 91 All Star parents who like to brag that they beat us 3 years ago at Carol's showcase at Mitchell Field.

defo has had it with CR. tired of her BS. for instance she told him to play the best players and he had better win. He won but he played everybody evenly. at u15 Nationals she took his team away from him, a team he has been coaching for 6 years. The Yj coaches didnt know some of the players names. lol . I think they put tracy weiner and becky as coaches. defo was sent to scout other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

defo has had it with CR. tired of her BS. for instance she told him to play the best players and he had better win. He won but he played everybody evenly. at u15 Nationals she took his team away from him, a team he has been coaching for 6 years. The Yj coaches didnt know some of the players names. lol . I think they put tracy weiner and becky as coaches. defo was sent to scout other teams.

Wrong! Becky coached the second YJ team down there so stop posting lies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Steppin'Out
Any club that stalls and limits the benches playing time at a showcase or any other tournament just simply doesn't get it. And the parents who's kids are getting shorted should not stand for it!!! It's supposed to be to give your players playing time and exposure. Not winning a bracket. That's for the owners and directors egos and to pump up their websites and wallets.

Amazing another genius who knows more than the people who have been doing it for years. CR has had more kids from her club play college lacrosse than any coach in the history of womens lacrosse so I think she knows what she is doing.If I had to guess Steppin Out had a kid who played YJ and got moved down a few levels of team and now calls on all YJ parents to not stand for it anymore. Where is your outrage at a coach being paid to sleep on the bench ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ afraid of TG Black- that simple

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We watch enough stalling at the high school level there is no need to stall at these summer tournaments let the girls play and get the exposure in front of the college coaches. I understand some of the teams are over matched and the winning coach is never going to look good by stalling or running up the score. I dont have a solution to the summer tournament stall it makes a boring game unbearable to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Liberty play in summer tournaments? When I go to National Draw, Lax bt the Sea, Lax Cure, etc. I see TG. YJ, Elevate and other well known LI teams and M&D, Skywalkers, MD United (all the MD teams) but I never see Liberty? What do they do in the summer? Where do they play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Liberty play in summer tournaments? When I go to National Draw, Lax bt the Sea, Lax Cure, etc. I see TG. YJ, Elevate and other well known LI teams and M&D, Skywalkers, MD United (all the MD teams) but I never see Liberty? What do they do in the summer? Where do they play?

They take the summer off and rest up for the winter clinics. I think they avoid the competition but not sure why.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They take the summer off and rest up for the winter clinics. I think they avoid the competition but not sure why.

look at their website, they go to many major tournaments

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard