BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: NEW Kellenberg Head Coach!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How's that new coach working out for you kellenburg? 0-6? Maybe it's time for a different line up? Or a new coaching staff!

Who is the new coach, how long has he been there?

Not so new any more but certainly not impressive after 6 years especially with an 0-6 start

Good to know - my son wanted to transfer to kellenberg next year because he wanted to play lacrosse at a better school so he could play college ball. That's not going to happen now!

You're not really making college choices based on lacrosse are you? That may not be the best idea. Kellenberg is a fine school that will provide your son with a lifetime of values and an excellent education.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's that new coach working out for you kellenburg? 0-6? Maybe it's time for a different line up? Or a new coaching staff!

Not so new any more but certainly not impressive after 6 years especially with an 0-6 start

Good to know - my son wanted to transfer to kellenberg next year because he wanted to play lacrosse at a better school so he could play college ball. That's not going to happen now!

You're not really making college choices based on lacrosse are you? That may not be the best idea. Kellenberg is a fine school that will provide your son with a lifetime of values and an excellent education.

I agree with those other reasons but every kid needs to have some edge these days- so all parents look to support their child's passion and interest if it helps them achieve their goals. Kellenberg used to have a great lacrosse reputation but you have to admit 0-6 is not going to be good for anyone and hurts kellenberg reputation. Have to ask yourself what the coaches are thinking by not making changes! T

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got to admit kellenberg's current record doesn't reflect well on the school or the cosches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]How's that new coach working out for you kellenburg? 0-6? Maybe it's time for a different line up? Or a new coaching staff!

You're not really making college choices based on lacrosse are you? That may not be the best idea. Kellenberg is a fine school that will provide your son with a lifetime of values and an excellent education.[/quote

In this day and age every kid needs something that makes them different from all the other kids- lacrosse is my son's extra talent. No reason to put him at kellenberg with its losing program. If the coaches can't recognize that the players they are using aren't working then why put my son there and waste his time and effort!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How's that new coach working out for you kellenburg? 0-6? Maybe it's time for a different line up? Or a new coaching staff!

You're not really making college choices based on lacrosse are you? That may not be the best idea. Kellenberg is a fine school that will provide your son with a lifetime of values and an excellent education.[/quote

In this day and age every kid needs something that makes them different from all the other kids- lacrosse is my son's extra talent. No reason to put him at kellenberg with its losing program. If the coaches can't recognize that the players they are using aren't working then why put my son there and waste his time and effort!

Just an FYI, they have a sophomore defenseman going to Duke.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He obviously was recruited before the season and arrived at kellenberg with his skills and talent before

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Im sure he was recruited by duke before the current dismal season began! Plus he would have arrived at kellenberg with his skills and talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's obvious that he was recruited before this dismal season started. And arrived with his talents and skills before these coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Putting things into perspective for outsiders taking shots at the program. Knowing numerous people with kids at both ST A and Cham. Kellenberg puts more emphasis on STUDENT and less on Athlete than the other two - Sorry holier than thou Flyers but we all know why the majority of your team is there. Yes those programs are more successful than ours. We are not a national program while you are,but we play quality opponents - 4 of our 6 losses are to St Anthony's, Massapequa and Staples Westport and Commack - teams loaded with DI commits and prospects (as well as a double overtime loss). So yes, we are (2-6) but my kid gets a good education, gets an opportunity play a sport he loves and test himself and against top talent in the area during school season (plays on a competitive travel program). And most importantly loves where he goes to school! We all know there are tons of kids going to the "more successful programs" who don't see the field but get a jacket. If you are there for the education then good for your son. If was there to play lax and your kid is not happy what was gained? A cool jacket?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Putting things into perspective for outsiders taking shots at the program. Knowing numerous people with kids at both ST A and Cham. Kellenberg puts more emphasis on STUDENT and less on Athlete than the other two - Sorry holier than thou Flyers but we all know why the majority of your team is there. Yes those programs are more successful than ours. We are not a national program while you are,but we play quality opponents - 4 of our 6 losses are to St Anthony's, Massapequa and Staples Westport and Commack - teams loaded with DI commits and prospects (as well as a double overtime loss). So yes, we are (2-6) but my kid gets a good education, gets an opportunity play a sport he loves and test himself and against top talent in the area during school season (plays on a competitive travel program). And most importantly loves where he goes to school! We all know there are tons of kids going to the "more successful programs" who don't see the field but get a jacket. If you are there for the education then good for your son. If was there to play lax and your kid is not happy what was gained? A cool jacket?

I hear ya on the post but to me, that post only means something if it is from a parent from a school district not another catholic school. What was gained was HS friendships. The only place that could counter that was the home school district that was left. But it was left for a reason or never attended for a reason

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Half of the 91 kids are going to Duke, because the Duke assistant coach is making bank all summer long.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. Way to bloviate about nonsense. I know....your the kind of guy that makes shoveling $hit sound great. Excuse after excuse. Oh yea.....you didn't get a jacket either

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bloviate about my son 1) getting a good education 2) playing a sport in high school 3) being happy ....? I am sure you have your priorities straight. Didn't I see you in Penn last week wearing YOUR SON'S travel team windbreaker?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bloviate about my son 1) getting a good education 2) playing a sport in high school 3) being happy ....? I am sure you have your priorities straight. Didn't I see you in Penn last week wearing YOUR SON'S travel team windbreaker?

That's what you should have said. But you Mr excuse maker had to try and degrade the students/athletes at other institutions to make yourself feel better. No reason to put down other student/athletes who are working as hard or harder than your little junior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Half of the 91 kids are going to Duke, because the Duke assistant coach is making bank all summer long.

Yeah because that's how a top team and program operates clearly your boy is sub par and it's your fault

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's what you should have said. But you Mr excuse maker had to try and degrade the students/athletes at other institutions to make yourself feel better. No reason to put down other student/athletes who are working as hard or harder than your little junior.

No he didn't do that. Read his posting, no degrading, just a point made. Take it easy, breathe deep and relax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about 2 of the Asst. coaches at Duke are part of 91

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not degrading student/athletes at any school. I was pointing out that you shouldn't judge schools and their athletic programs solely on Ws and Ls, in fact the point I made was that if a kid is focusing on his academics but not playing but is still happy then it is a good thing for him. I was pointing out that certain people (in many cases parents who should know better) - make a high school choice primarily influenced by the success of the lacrosse program rather than what was the right choice for them, these people might need to reassess their priorities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that have to do with the Kellenberg Coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So?? They have kids who play for 91. Is that not allowed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm. They are Duke coaches. Are they now allowed to talk to parents/kids on the sidelines. A call to NCAA may need to be made to ensure no violations of the new rule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm. They are Duke coaches. Are they now allowed to talk to parents/kids on the sidelines. A call to NCAA may need to be made to ensure no violations of the new rule.

Snitches get stitches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not degrading student/athletes at any school. I was pointing out that you shouldn't judge schools and their athletic programs solely on Ws and Ls, in fact the point I made was that if a kid is focusing on his academics but not playing but is still happy then it is a good thing for him. I was pointing out that certain people (in many cases parents who should know better) - make a high school choice primarily influenced by the success of the lacrosse program rather than what was the right choice for them, these people might need to reassess their priorities.

sorry dont get the... dont judge the athletic programs soley on the W's. Huh, what?!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you have gotten off the point...getting a yellow jacket just for participating isn't the same as working super hard for four years waiting to be a senior doing everything the coaches tell you to do etc and then knowing that the kellenberg coaches play less talented junior favorites-

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe you care more about a yellow jacket? I can't believe that you use the excuse that kellenberg plays better teams therefore 2/6 record is ok! Kellenberg has always played these opponents- why suddenly does that justify s loosing season? These coaches are ignoring talented kids with lots of heart on their own bench do they can play their favorites - like kids from their own side teams or sons of other coaches. There are seniors being ignored for juniors- but you think that they should be happy to get a yellow jacket?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Snitches get stitches

Scary........from some soft lacrosse coaches.......I think not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Snitches get stitches

Then you're just a wuss tattle tail

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Snitches get stitches

Then you're just a wuss tattle tail

Sounds more like an all boys school wuss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sorry dont get the... dont judge the athletic programs soley on the W's. Huh, what?!?

1) Go back and read the original post referring to the priorities of athletics at the school.
2) you obviously don't have a child who attends there. (not a knock)

At Kellenberg, athletics tend to be secondary if not tertiary and sports are considered a part of a larger holistic approach to allowing students to grow during their high school experience. The priorities are 1)growth as a member of the Catholic Church 2) Academics 3) being an active participant in activities that promote the values of the school (of which sports are one) Of course everyone wants to win and they prepare to but not "at all costs". Believe me, that is not how it was at my high school and there are times I scratch my head but I have to remind myself it is not about me, it is hard to argue when I see him playing well, a happy kid and working both on and off the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Snitches get stitches

So.....you're a "hard guy"??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Go back and read the original post referring to the priorities of athletics at the school.

At Kellenberg, athletics tend to be secondary if not tertiary and sports are considered a part of a larger holistic approach to allowing students to grow during their high school experience. The priorities are 1)growth as a member of the Catholic Church 2) Academics 3) being an active participant in activities that promote the values of the school (of which sports are one) Of course everyone wants to win and they prepare to but not "at all costs". Believe me, that is not how it was at my high school and there are times I scratch my head but I have to remind myself it is not about me, it is hard to argue when I see him playing well, a happy kid and working both on and off the field.

Yyaaaawwwwnnnn.
Did writing this drivel make you feel better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Snitches get stitches

So.....you're a "hard guy"??

Your wife confirmed I am. Ever wonder where she goes when she isnt around. She also confirmed your not. Oh by the way she told me to let you know this morning your ED prescription is ready.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
keep drinking the kellenberg kool-aid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yyaaaawwwwnnnn.

I don't have to write this to feel better. I did my homework ahead of time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yyaaaawwwwnnnn.

You did your homework and made up the priorities? It NEVER says their first priority is growth as a member of the Church. Cut out your phony, holier than though BS. God isn't impressed.

If you can just use GOOOOOOGLE then you can get the real stuff.

"Kellenberg Memorial High School combines the proven curriculum and methods of a successful tradition with modern pedagogical advances to provide its students with a rich, qualitative educational experience. The Kellenberg Memorial High School program, offered in an atmosphere of positive Christian commitment, requires a thorough study of the basic intellectual disciplines, while offering extensive cocurricular and extracurricular opportunities for practical application and personal understanding."

Just as boring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yyaaaawwwwnnnn.

You did your homework and made up the priorities? It NEVER says their first priority is growth as a member of the Church. Cut out your phony, holier than though BS. God isn't impressed.

If you can just use GOOOOOOGLE then you can get the real stuff.

"Kellenberg Memorial High School combines the proven curriculum and methods of a successful tradition with modern pedagogical advances to provide its students with a rich, qualitative educational experience. The Kellenberg Memorial High School program, offered in an atmosphere of positive Christian commitment, requires a thorough study of the basic intellectual disciplines, while offering extensive cocurricular and extracurricular opportunities for practical application and personal understanding."

Just as boring.

Have a nice day!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Third tier

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Third tier

Explain please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Third tier

Third tier

Explain please.

But they are men of good moral character.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Third tier

Third tier

Explain please.

But they are men of good moral character.

Son, when you grow into an adult you will look back and realize that your arrogance held you back in so many ways. Some kids learn this lesson sooner than others. They tend to find what they want from life sooner. A little humilitu goes a long way.

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard