BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
NEW Kellenberg Head Coach!
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This is kinda of interesting- LI Express sent out a tweet this morning that one of there Directors Mike Schwalje was just named Head Coach of Kellenberg HS...if u want to see it they are @ExpressLacross on twitter. They sent it out like 9am, so they seemed like they wanted the word out quick!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: NEW Kellenberg Head Coach!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AND?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations!!!! Great pick up for Kellenberg.He is a great Coach and a great man!! Good Luck to Coach S and the team!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Mike Schwalje, The LI Express must be real upset that he's gone! NOT! puh-lease. Just another Avenue for the Express to make more$$$$$$$. Thats what its all about!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As your name indicates you are a newbie...there is no mention of Coach S being gone.Quite the opposite. He is working hard to build a great program and the players are very happy. His position is being cheered on by all at Express. The great thing is these coaches are from many different parts of lacrosse,catholic and public schools. Good Luck to all!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
HEY ANONYMOUS what are you hiding from? your exactly right.....he isnt gone. he will be with the LI Express. just another Avenue to put more doe in Chanun"checks" pocket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LAXMAN
HEY ANONYMOUS what are you hiding from? your exactly right.....he isnt gone. he will be with the LI Express. just another Avenue to put more doe in Chanun"checks" pocket.

Chanun"checks" now thats funny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the washed up athletes, or better yet those that never played a sport but live through their kids, that spew crap on this and the other forums.Its great, keep hating on those that have had success on the field and with the programs that they built up to fit a need for those that want it. Remember you can choose to play or not play wherever you want.Just stop with the personal bashing because you didnt think of the idea and don't have the skill and knowledge to do what other successful people have done for those that want it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW, talk about spewing CRAP. As one of the people you refer to as A WASHED UP ATHLETE living thru my children lets get things straight, played a sport professionally, won in collage and the pro ranks and have a safe deposit box with a couple of rings that are worth more then many new cars. You are right in assuming however that I never played the sport of lacrosse even though it is the national sport of my home country ( Canada )I could go on but because according to you I don't have any skill or knowledge I'm heading over to the soup kitchen instead of my winter vacation home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, there's been a couple seasons now under Schwalje. What's the call for where Kellenberg is headed in the competitive landscape of LI lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still don't have their big boy pants on - not a single quality win against a winning team the entire season. Enough said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very good manager of great talent but not a great developer of talent. They'll be competitive in the lower ranks but will take a while to challenge the big dogs. Surprised that Chammy and St A's didn't thump them harder but then again all of the Catholic coaches are Express buds and K-wiz and Moran probably took their foot off the gas early.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Still don't have their big boy pants on - not a single quality win against a winning team the entire season. Enough said.

Whats it going to look like herein 2014

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 kellenberg has arguably the best attack, lefty, x and Righty all play for top club teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 kellenberg has arguably the best attack, lefty, x and Righty all play for top club teams.

WOW!! Who cares!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And next year they will leave and go to St A's or Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They would be 8th graders, are any of them going to Kellenberg next year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WOW!! Who cares!

Who are you considering the best left attack in 2018? Would love to hear this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you figure? By far best 2018 attackmen are from Smithtown. One will attend Chaminade, the other HSE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean kids who aren't yet enrolled in the school? Pretty funny if so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you figure? By far best 2018 attackmen are from Smithtown. One will attend Chaminade, the other HSE.

Stop it Dad, you're embarrassing me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell me who the best attackmen is in 3 years. When they are all physically maturer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell me who the best attackmen is in 3 years. When they are all physically maturer.

Will probably be the same names, the skill level in off the charts now. Size is not as important for attack. Look at 8th grader from CSH last year ripping it up on varsity. If your son is not one of the best by 8th grade chances are it is not going to magically happen when he completes puberty, sorry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will probably be the same names, the skill level in off the charts now. Size is not as important for attack. Look at 8th grader from CSH last year ripping it up on varsity. If your son is not one of the best by 8th grade chances are it is not going to magically happen when he completes puberty, sorry

You are not seriously saying that... Kids are talented for sure, things can and will change as kids not only develop physically, but mentally and skills wise as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are not seriously saying that... Kids are talented for sure, things can and will change as kids not only develop physically, but mentally and skills wise as well.

I am totally serious. The best will continue to be the best with very little movement in or out of this group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am totally serious. The best will continue to be the best with very little movement in or out of this group.

You've got a very myopic view of human ability.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will always be a few that surprise us, but a leopard rarely changes his spots!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will always be a few that surprise us, but a leopard rarely changes his spots!

You are as smug, as you are misinformed. First, with the exception of a few "little guys" Mathies and Sankey, etc, the size of D1 attackmen is on the rise. As is the size of every other player on the field. That's just a fact. Think Thule at Army, Walsh at Colgate and Maltz at Syracuse, all over 6'2". If a kid is not 6ft plus, fast, and strong, forget it. Might be able to get away with it now, but over the next 12 to 18 months the size and speed of the defensemen these kids will be facing on the recruiting trail will shock you. Not saying smaller kids can't play at the next level, but it will be tougher and tougher. BTW there are other attackmen that can compete against the best from extreme and terps, don't kid yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ones that are considered the best (by dads watching lax) will be amongst the upper tier players throughout HS - if they continue to have a desire to play. However, kids will emerge. I hate the term "catching up" so I won't use that. You'll simply see more and more quality players out there over the next few years. And... you'll see kids fade - from being laxed out from the 3rd grade, HS life, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Checks" I thought it was cash only.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: References Removed
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I ask a legitimate question without getting sarcastic and belittling responses? What is the gap between Kellenberg and Chaminade / St. Anthonys on the lax field? My son is in 7th grade and starting to think about high schools. He is a very strong B / low A level player right now but loves the game. He is probably a better football "prospect" but prefers lax first. I have heard from a college coach friend of mine in the past that his team really wouldn't recruit the Catholic league except for the "big two". I think Kellenberg is a fine academic school and that is what I like about it but I am trying to asses whether my son would have a chance to play the game he loves which would enhance his HS experience.

- a confused father

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What travel team does he play on? Is he on a A team or B? Because if he is on a B team now chances are he would not see playing time at chaminade. He would have a better shot at kellenberg. Seems they really don't send kids div 1 lax at kellenberg. Where chaminade probably send 12 to 18 kids a year to div 1 schools. Same with st. Anthony's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not to belittle or demean but I don' think a decision should be based on whether or not your son will one day wind up playing Varsity Lacrosse. What happens if he gets hurt? He falls out of favor with the coach for some unknown reason, he tires of lacrosse, the academic rigors are more than can handle and play sports. The decision to attend these schools mentioned should be about the right fit academically and socially before ANY sport comes into your decision. I just went through this my son, and those were our deciding factors before sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't listen to him. Not being on an A team in 7th grade mean nothing. It's hard to get on an A team sometimes because some kids have been there since 4 th grade and take spots. The guy asked for a genuine opinion and you give him one of your 91 or Express A team Mumbo Jumbo. You think a D1 coach isn't gonna find a kid who goes to Kellenberg ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax buddy!!! That is genuine opinion. And let's look at recruiting. How many kids in the last 10 yrs out of kellenberg went div 1? So let's see what answer u have for that? I guess your son couldn't make one of those teams so u bash it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax buddy!!! That is genuine opinion. And let's look at recruiting. How many kids in the last 10 yrs out of kellenberg went div 1? So let's see what answer u have for that? I guess your son couldn't make one of those teams so u bash it!
In the las 5 years kellenberg-7 D1 / St Ants 63 D1/ Chaminade 52 D1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to Ty Xanders- a 2017 from Kellenberg verbally committed to Fairfield very recently.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure you don't know how many kids went D1 from Kellenberg. That is not the point. The original poster wanted to know the difference between the 3 schools. Chaminade and St. Anthony’s are two of the top programs in the country every year. They get majority of the “elite” lax players around LI. Both schools have over 100 players try out for their Varsity teams. They only take 30. So that means 70 or so players will not be playing at their schools. Chaminade is better academically. Kellenberg is the “baby brother” school of Chaminade. They generally follow the same academic standards and curriculum. Kellenberg’s Lacrosse team is a couple of steps (3-4) below the “top two”. I know the coach (who coached at St.Anthony’s and is an Express director) is trying to build a program (he has been there 3 years I think). He gets some really good kids and some not so good kids. I am sure some of them went “somewhere” to have the privilege of playing lacrosse in college. But the bottom line is education. All three schools are excellent academically and send 99% of their graduates to college. And those colleges don’t care about whether or not the student was on an A or B travel team in 7th grade….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fyi - The head varsity coach at Kellenberg also coaches the 2018 Express B team (Wolverines). And the Express has historically done a great job recruiting. Just go their site. BTW - that B could compete and win against any A team. AA teams probably not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to Ty Xanders- a 2017 from Kellenberg verbally committed to Fairfield very recently.

Is that supposed to surprise anyone? Most top D1 schools are almost finished with there 2016. Looks like they are moving on to 2017..... They will be signing 2018 this summer

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard