BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 26 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh please crush mommies if your son isn't the faceoff Middie or the lefty keep dreaming anyone of those kids are replaceable and will be replaced. I do agree your coach is a great poacher I mean recruiter ha ha

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Was Yale an "A" or "B" bracket that 2020 Viper won?

There was no designation by A or B. Played 3 Connecticut teams and one from Jersey

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If playing your own age is down then yes, crush and express are guilty. let's get it together people

Re the Terps, playing in the B division of your age group is playing down - look at the results. You need to get it together and stop pretending that what you are doing is perfectly normal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So first, the mother who rendered her aid....that is what she is supposed to do. You don't get bonus points. 2nd, the kids from 91 were swinging their sticks at our kids from Loonies like baseball bats at the end, there were several punches thrown and even one kid told our coach to go F himself in the handshake line. Some days I didn't wish I had to be a role model could I would light your daddy's up.

From the sounds of it, this team should not be invited back. Unfortunately, it is behavior like this that makes everyone from LI look bad, and there have to be some decent Long islanders out there, right?!

This team added several ex-Crush players to the roster who were not satisfied with their limited playing time on Crush. Along with them comes their crazy parents. Please don't judge LI'ers by these maniacs. Their entire lives are devoted to 12 year old lacrosse and they can't handle losing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If playing your own age is down then yes, crush and express are guilty. let's get it together people

Re the Terps, playing in the B division of your age group is playing down - look at the results. You need to get it together and stop pretending that what you are doing is perfectly normal.

It was a U13 tournament, that means "U13:
All players must be 12 years old or younger on the August 31st preceding competition. It is recommended that when multiple teams exist within a program, the program should consider physical size, skill, and maturity when organizing teams."

Terps 2020 are a technically a U12 team, so playing in the U13 B bracket made the most sense without knowing which teams were entering the tournament, of which there were 32. The competition was not strong and nobody was happy about it - coaches, players or parents, but in the past few years this tournament had good competition (age appropriate for playing in the B division - a number of good 2020 teams didn't attend this year). To imply that the team entered the "B" division simply to win a trophy is ridiculous, they did it to win fiddle sticks!

Breakers 2020 is a legit A team and the Terps beat them solidly, 9-2 in the semis. Wish the competition was better but there's nothing they could do about once the team showed up.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Farmingdale Laxfest wasn't a real tournament? There were an abundance of good quality B teams there. What team does your son play for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Oh please viper go into real A tournaments and see how u do!!!" that is a silly comment... Go into tournaments and play lacrosse is what this is all about. If you need to say My Son plays on an A team and we go to real A tournaments, do that but don't put anyone else down for playing and winning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course there are good Long Islanders, coach from Outlaws 2020 made two of his kids shake hands when he noticed they didn't shake hands with a kid from another team. And this was after suffering a loss. Much respect!
So first, the mother who rendered her aid....that is what she is supposed to do. You don't get bonus points. 2nd, the kids from 91 were swinging their sticks at our kids from Loonies like baseball bats at the end, there were several punches thrown and even one kid told our coach to go F himself in the handshake line. Some days I didn't wish I had to be a role model could I would light your daddy's up.

From the sounds of it, this team should not be invited back. Unfortunately, it is behavior like this that makes everyone from LI look bad, and there have to be some decent Long islanders out there, right?!

There are definitely decent LIers out there but unfortunately LI is becoming known for sending rude, disrespectful and unsportsmanlike thugs out of state. And before you say that people only hate because those teams are good - please get a clue and look at your team's behavior. Would love the competition the LI teams bring but please leave the bad attitudes, cursing and slashing thug kids and the crazy rude parents at home and just play lacrosse the way the game is intended to be played and be classy. Those teams do themselves, their kids and this region a huge disservice with all the nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps knew weeks in advance the competition at Summer Sizzle as did all the other teams. The schedules were also posted several weeks ago. "A" only had 8 teams due to their also being a "rising 8th grade bracket" at the tournament. Either you are one of the best or you are not - guess you are not in the same class as Crush.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was but you played in b. Just saying from your older teams down. Start playing in the more tough tournaments and see how you guys do. Challenge yourselves if your that good. Even would like to see your 8th grade team play in a real A tournament.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agree, and of course the instigator wont reveal what "A" team his son plays on. just a trouble maker who probably never played sports but was lucky enough to marry an athletic woman who passed down the good genes!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The schedule was published weeks ago. It's not like they had no idea who they might be facing until Saturday morning.

Is what they did "right" according to how the rules are written, yes. Is it appropriate given the skill, ability, and track record of the team? Absolutely not. I'm quite sure that if Crush came down to this tournament and did the same the Terps would either stay away or be out here whining up a storm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

8-10 2020 Terps boys as a group tried to cut the line at the speed shoot at Summer Sizzle, pushing several younger kids aside, language totally inappropriate in line and gave the workers at the booth a hard time. Where were their parents while their kids are being rude and disrespectful? Please stay on LI if you are going to behave this way while you are out of state. This is why nobody wants the NY teams in their region- the entitlement, the behavior and the disrespect to fellow human beings on and off the field. Teach your kids and parents that they can be great teams while also being good people - not mutually exclusive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh please crush mommies if your son isn't the faceoff Middie or the lefty keep dreaming anyone of those kids are replaceable and will be replaced. I do agree your coach is a great poacher I mean recruiter ha ha

I guess the coach skipped your son?

Bottom line- every team has their best 3 kids that can be game changers and any team can be broken down a bit if they are not there. The difference is, this team has a list of kids that would jump to join Crush, and the kids behind the "three" are all talented A level kids. The same could be said for the TERPS. LI should be proud to have two very talented teams with great coaching.

It is sad so many adults pick on the better teams. I see no reason why TERPS or CRUSH should be forced to play up because they are the best that 2020 has right now. Playing up comes with a price, and the price isn't losing, but getting hurt, playing bigger kids. Would you want your little Johnny playing against a kid that weighs 60 pounds more than he does and wears a mens L, with a size 11 foot?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was but you played in b. Just saying from your older teams down. Start playing in the more tough tournaments and see how you guys do. Challenge yourselves if your that good. Even would like to see your 8th grade team play in a real A tournament.

Next year maybe they will. This year was a rebuilding year for 2020. Historically they weren't a strong team and this year there were some good additions which brought up their level of play. They can be proud of their success this year as there are plenty of B teams that didn't win any tournaments. It doesn't mean they suck because they didn't play in A brackets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

8-10 2020 Terps boys as a group tried to cut the line at the speed shoot at Summer Sizzle, pushing several younger kids aside, language totally inappropriate in line and gave the workers at the booth a hard time. Where were their parents while their kids are being rude and disrespectful? Please stay on LI if you are going to behave this way while you are out of state. This is why nobody wants the NY teams in their region- the entitlement, the behavior and the disrespect to fellow human beings on and off the field. Teach your kids and parents that they can be great teams while also being good people - not mutually exclusive.

Your kidding, right? and I'm sure your boys were sitting under their tent working on math problems between games. Get a life you moron .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess the coach skipped your son?

Bottom line- every team has their best 3 kids that can be game changers and any team can be broken down a bit if they are not there. The difference is, this team has a list of kids that would jump to join Crush, and the kids behind the "three" are all talented A level kids. The same could be said for the TERPS. LI should be proud to have two very talented teams with great coaching.

It is sad so many adults pick on the better teams. I see no reason why TERPS or CRUSH should be forced to play up because they are the best that 2020 has right now. Playing up comes with a price, and the price isn't losing, but getting hurt, playing bigger kids. Would you want your little Johnny playing against a kid that weighs 60 pounds more than he does and wears a mens L, with a size 11 foot?

It is NOT playing "up" to play the "A" level in an age based tournament. Playing "B" in a tournament that offered B, A and a rising 8th grade division when you claim to be one of the best U13 teams out there is playing down or if you are not sure, find grade based tournaments. Pool play goals for Terps were 53 and against were 2. That was over 5 games.You are good - you are not THAT good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A 2020 team *should* be in the 13B division this Summer, unless they are playing up. And, although it may be appropriate for some teams to play up due to their high skill level, it is certainly legitimate to avoid playing older kids due to safety , particularly at an age when some kids are hitting puberty and some aren't. Sounds like folks have plenty to post about without raising that false issue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what level of success would make you believe they are an A team if they played in the A bracket? .500?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One o f many who left team because of bad coaching. Coach (parent coach) was good about x and o's but was all about winning at all costs. Talent level is not at level coach wants and can't accept it so will do anything to win. He gives li and 91 a bad name and why they keep him around is the problem. Changing the team name is not going to hide bad guy. Even core group is looking to move on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again, in a U13 tournament, top-tier 2020 kids playing A is not playing up.

The argument that we are keeping them safe is weak - teams who can move the ball and execute plays are much less vulnerable than those teams who have to grind out ground balls and rush the goal to score. There were a good number of big kids with poor skills in the B division, those are the ones to look out for.

I'd argue that you are putting your kids at more risk by exposing them to some big 170 lb 7th grader who feels the need to take someone out while his team is getting thrashed 12-0

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From the sounds of it, this team should not be invited back. Unfortunately, it is behavior like this that makes everyone from LI look bad, and there have to be some decent Long islanders out there, right?![/quote]

8-10 2020 Terps boys as a group tried to cut the line at the speed shoot at Summer Sizzle, pushing several younger kids aside, language totally inappropriate in line and gave the workers at the booth a hard time. Where were their parents while their kids are being rude and disrespectful? Please stay on LI if you are going to behave this way while you are out of state. This is why nobody wants the NY teams in their region- the entitlement, the behavior and the disrespect to fellow human beings on and off the field. Teach your kids and parents that they can be great teams while also being good people - not mutually exclusive. [/quote]

Your kidding, right? and I'm sure your boys were sitting under their tent working on math problems between games. Get a life you moron .[/quote]

So it is okay for boys to be pushing aside younger kids, cursing and giving workers a hard time?!? That makes it so much clearer and is exactly why so many LI teams get a bad reputation - it is NOT okay and your calling people morons really shows the example that you set for your kids and your attitude in general. Our kids were on line, following the rules and being respectful of those around them (really is not that hard- you should try it some time) . This is the same way we and their coaches expect them to play on the field because if you have not yet figured it out, there is a direct correlation between expectations for behavior on and off the field which carries over into all areas of their life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first time we encountered Crush parents we all said "who are these people"? Ever since it has always been more of the same. I doubt there is a parent out there who has shared the sideline with Crush who would say that their lacrosse experience has been enhanced as a result, quite the opposite. I've met other Team 91 parents who were very nice, and also somewhat embarrassed by Crush.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kidding, right? and I'm sure your boys were sitting under their tent working on math problems between games. Get a life you moron .

So you are saying it's ok the way they acted. You make no sense. Your goal should be to try and help get into college not go to jail.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
They can be proud of their success this year as there are plenty of B teams that didn't win any tournaments. It doesn't mean they suck because they didn't play in A brackets.

And they didn't win precisely because of antics like this. No one said they suck, quite the opposite. What I'm hearing people say is "your team us very good, they should go play where the competition us a better match for them". In this U13 tournament they had that option.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first time we encountered Crush parents we all said "who are these people"? Ever since it has always been more of the same. I doubt there is a parent out there who has shared the sideline with Crush who would say that their lacrosse experience has been enhanced as a result, quite the opposite. I've met other Team 91 parents who were very nice, and also somewhat embarrassed by Crush.

The parents are what they are, yes it's a shame but life sometimes life isn't fair. They didn't say much when their kids were being pushed around and manhandled at Laxfest ( that wasn't fair either but they took their lumps and moved on while being humbled). Taking a good beating once in a while is not a bad thing. They learned from it and did better this week. They didn't cry after being beaten physically by kids a year older. They came back and won a tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
They can be proud of their success this year as there are plenty of B teams that didn't win any tournaments. It doesn't mean they suck because they didn't play in A brackets.

And they didn't win precisely because of antics like this. No one said they suck, quite the opposite. What I'm hearing people say is "your team us very good, they should go play where the competition us a better match for them". In this U13 tournament they had that option.

Got it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush does not have only three great players. They have a well oiled machine. Lets start with middies. They have two very good wing middies. These boys are real workhorses. transitioning the ball and rarely make mistakes. The center is shared by two of the best f/o boys in the grade. Smart to pick up the second after the other boy (excellent as well) left to Titanium. Possessions are pretty much automatic. Can't say enough about the attack. Left is so good that you don't always appreciate the great talent in the other two. They move the ball effortlessly. Defense is very strong as well. they cause so many turnovers that the goalie is hardly shot on and will face the same problem as goalies of other great teams as they get older. It is hard to judge them. There second line is made up of all AA players as well. This team did not get where they are by accident. They work incredibly hard and are actually very nice boys. I understand they are easy to hate because of what they have achieved. Three kids can't make a team but I think if you took away the lefty and wing middie the team would be more similar to Terps. And for those who are comparing this team to the Turtles, I have seen both through the years. At this point Crush has been more dominant in all area based on level of play and scores.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express goalie father-angry guy-guarantee he was the guy that typed "moron".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The parents are what they are, yes it's a shame but life sometimes life isn't fair. They didn't say much when their kids were being pushed around and manhandled at Laxfest ( that wasn't fair either but they took their lumps and moved on while being humbled). Taking a good beating once in a while is not a bad thing. They learned from it and did better this week. They didn't cry after being beaten physically by kids a year older. They came back and won a tournament

Maybe they didn't cry....but they did get a new faceoff kid. Crush excels on offense. However, when they don't win faceoffs and have to play defense they are no longer head and shoulders above other 2020 teams. Their defense hasn't had to play a lot of defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they didn't cry....but they did get a new faceoff kid. Crush excels on offense. However, when they don't win faceoffs and have to play defense they are no longer head and shoulders above other 2020 teams. Their defense hasn't had to play a lot of defense.

You make a very good point. That is why I can't understand who would want to play defense for that team. You hardly see any action at all. YOur better off playing for a middle of the road team and see ing more action. I can hear it already " They learn more in practice from us teaching them then any game will bring". What it means is "we need people to fill in our roster to cover the cost and are ok receiving medals everytime we win"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The boy on our team ( looneys) is going to be fine. Thank god as it was scary.
As far as the Crush banter , we unlike many other clubs try to play every tournament they are in? Our boys have formed a friendship and a mutual respect with Crush we even shared a tailgate yesterday. In addition I know the Rising Sons have also done things with Crush and the boys are friends. The one common denominator here is the Crush bashing from express daddies. We have played Crush countless times and they have beaten us different ways and we are a top 2020. Personally wish it was as easy as stopping 3kids my reply to that is which three on which day as we have seen 34 22 29 2 12 99 they move the ball like a college team. The boys and parents are good people and even though were from Maryland the kids could be teammates someday. Keep it class LI (ex) when you can not beat a team which no team in their grade ever has we result to this, well I guess money can't buy everything

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The boy on our team ( looneys) is going to be fine. Thank god as it was scary.
As far as the Crush banter , we unlike many other clubs try to play every tournament they are in? Our boys have formed a friendship and a mutual respect with Crush we even shared a tailgate yesterday. In addition I know the Rising Sons have also done things with Crush and the boys are friends. The one common denominator here is the Crush bashing from express daddies. We have played Crush countless times and they have beaten us different ways and we are a top 2020. Personally wish it was as easy as stopping 3kids my reply to that is which three on which day as we have seen 34 22 29 2 12 99 they move the ball like a college team. The boys and parents are good people and even though were from Maryland the kids could be teammates someday. Keep it class LI (ex) when you can not beat a team which no team in their grade ever has we result to this, well I guess money can't buy everything

Coach...I don't think my kid is to much into partying with a team that always keeps beating us up. Maybe you should schedule a weekend where you play the Crush 5 times over the weekend this way it would be cheaper for you and then you can enter other tournaments that your team can win at. Telling your kids they have no chance before the game starts each tournament isn't fun. Have you tried different ways to beat them. You should be able to figure it out at least once. Try not to keep playing second fiddle to them. It doesn't help your kids. Schedule a second meeting with them in August so your team can play them 5 more times over a weekend and see where you stand but entering every tournament they are in sounds like you enjoy being their punching bag. I assume your the coach since you study their numbers and hang out with them all the time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They only beat you by 6 this weekend. I guess it pays to tailgate with them so hopefully they take it easy on you. Trying to figure out where the mutual respect comes from.. It seems there is the Crush and then everyone else no real top teams after that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I forgot they beat you by 11 in the finals. There can be no respect there at all. 2 Games beaten by 17 goals makes for a beating in my book

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can we all get along?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does, but it sounds like this classy Marylander is taking his hat off to what 91 has put together and done. Doesn't make his team any worse or yours, for that matter--both tops in the country it would seem for '2020. Again, I'm from LI and with fl$, no horse in the race. Hey, when Tiger Woods was running show in the golf world it wasn't because there were no other great golfers in the world he was just at his zenith and was tough to touch...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One o f many who left team because of bad coaching. Coach (parent coach) was good about x and o's but was all about winning at all costs. Talent level is not at level coach wants and can't accept it so will do anything to win. He gives li and 91 a bad name and why they keep him around is the problem. Changing the team name is not going to hide bad guy. Even core group is looking to move on

They should go to the Legacy and True Blue tryouts this year. I assume they are looking to upgrade their top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what level of success would make you believe they are an A team if they played in the A bracket? .500?

As long as they are playing competitive games and the kids are improving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trust me put the faceoff Middie and the big lefty attack man on the other top team and THEY become the best team . sorry to burst any bubbles of the other kids but those 2 kids make everything work. The other kids are good no doubt but they can't carry it like the 2 stars can and thats a fact. Play without them and let's see how it goes and don't say they have them on their team cause the other kid plays on another team too

Page 22 of 26 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard