BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26
Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After one day of play at Summer Sizzle, Terps - 38, their competition - 1, just sayin'

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
After one day of play at Summer Sizzle, Terps - 38, their competition - 1, just sayin'

Just saying…. that perhaps they are in the wrong division?!? Shameless when a team purposely registers themselves in the "B" Division to win a Championship yet brags on these forums how they are # 2 behind the Crush, who would never register in anything but "A". Shame on Terps and shame on Aloha for allowing it when they are a well known very competitive U13 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re Terps - they do themselves and their players a disservice when they pick tourneys with relatively little competition out of state and then register as a "B". The unsportsmanlike nature of doing this to fellow lacrosse teams is just seen for what it is and in the end just distracts from the fact that they are a talented team. Can't have much pride when you roll over teams like that in a "B" division and on the other hand claim to be one of the top U13s. Hopefully, the other teams down there at Sizzle also know what the Terps are doing in their pursuit of a "championship" and can walk away knowing that a more deserving team should be the Champion. Gives all of LI a bad name out of state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree, not bragging on the Terps, quite the opposite. A real shame for the true B teams in the bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Aloha's already paying attention to them, no Friday game, and no 8:00 am games...what gracious hosts!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush wins NXT easily, as did Legacy and Terps in their tourneys this past weekend. Any others I'm leaving out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush wins NXT easily, as did Legacy and Terps in their tourneys this past weekend. Any others I'm leaving out?

Yes Legacy and the Terps won their tournaments against the B and C teams that they played. They should be embarrassed to play the teams that that they played against this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations to Crush who played A, presumably Legacy did also. Terps can not claim to be in the same class. They did not "win" a Championship - they sandbagged 31 other teams in pursuit of a trophy. Nobody is in awe.
We are all just embarassed for them and by them registering as "B" to win a trophy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes Legacy and the Terps won their tournaments against the B and C teams that they played. They should be embarrassed to play the teams that that they played against this weekend.

West Islip gave Legacy a good fight as a town team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations to Crush who played A, presumably Legacy did also. Terps can not claim to be in the same class. They did not "win" a Championship - they sandbagged 31 other teams in pursuit of a trophy. Nobody is in awe.
We are all just embarassed for them and by them registering as "B" to win a trophy.

Legacy played the Hitmen, Tomahawks and West Islip. That's a B tournament.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I witnessed some craziness on the sidelines this weekend at the NXT cup! The parents/coaches and players on them 91 Titanium were literally out of control. I don't know what these parents are thinking when they behave the way they did. The kids have obviously learned to follow their lead because they were cursing on the field and they played very dirty. I can just say, it was a sorry display of sportsmanship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush played in 6th grade and won by 88-8 margin why play there? They already proved they can be the best 7th grade team oh wait, their star player was playing on another team in the 7 division and never shall the paths meet! Lol it must suck to base your whole team on 1 player but whatever gets you thru I guess. The coach can still tell everyone what a great TEAM they have ha ha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I witnessed some craziness on the sidelines this weekend at the NXT cup! The parents/coaches and players on them 91 Titanium were literally out of control. I don't know what these parents are thinking when they behave the way they did. The kids have obviously learned to follow their lead because they were cursing on the field and they played very dirty. I can just say, it was a sorry display of sportsmanship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush has several "star" players and a lot of depth. Their new additions are working out very nicely. That's what happens when you have an experienced coach who knows how to recruit the best players. I agree that they need to play up more. They are able to maintain good relationships and share players with other teams because of good sportsmanship agreements, nothing wrong with that. They're plenty of very good 2019 teams Crush can play while avoiding DD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush has several "star" players and a lot of depth. Their new additions are working out very nicely. That's what happens when you have an experienced coach who knows how to recruit the best players. I agree that they need to play up more. They are able to maintain good relationships and share players with other teams because of good sportsmanship agreements, nothing wrong with that. They're plenty of very good 2019 teams Crush can play while avoiding DD.

The words Crush and sportsmanship should not be used in the same paragraph.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ won Crimson Classic in Boston. Tomahawks were really the only strong competition though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, I read some things on here about the coaches from Titanium before this weekend and nothing that was said did any justice. Usually its a few bad apples but in their case its a whole crate full of them. Love how the coaches knocked off the last 90 seconds of the Sons game by arguing a call that was in their favor. Two childish coaches that would not leave the field as the time continued to dwindle. Complete a-hole parents, kids and coaches. Surprised 91 allows this to go on. I wish there was video of you 91 titanium dads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As long as the kids aren't too big. we see what happens when they play against size. and that's ok because it is to be expected. That's why when they get to HS everything evens out as usual

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I witnessed some craziness on the sidelines this weekend at the NXT cup! The parents/coaches and players on them 91 Titanium were literally out of control. I don't know what these parents are thinking when they behave the way they did. The kids have obviously learned to follow their lead because they were cursing on the field and they played very dirty. I can just say, it was a sorry display of sportsmanship.

What happened [/quote
The very first call of the game had the parents screaming (and it was a call that went against the other team), they went down 2-0 right away and the parents were going off the deep end. One dad got kicked out (but came right back and his son congratulated him about that after the game), security had to be called because everyone was afraid it was going to get ugly, 91 players were slashing the other team off ball, players were cursing on the field. I truly felt it was all an attempt to intimidate the refs and the opposing players. Just all around ugliness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As long as the kids aren't too big. we see what happens when they play against size. and that's ok because it is to be expected. That's why when they get to HS everything evens out as usual

Thing is Crush boys are growing just like everyone else. The difference is that they are just better lacrosse players. They are more skilled and have much better lax IQ. The reason for that is innate ability combined with an extreme dedication to the sport. As time goes on, most of the Crush boys will continue to dominate. I say this because the best boys on all teams will continue to be the best. Yes some will fade and others will emerge. Everything does not even out in HS. The good kids will still be the good kids, for the most part. I really hate to bring up the Turtles, but the two teams are rather similar in their domination of the sport. The Crush boys will follow the Turtle path. I have already heard many college coaches talking about them. They are on the radar and being watched already. That is not hearsay, I heard it from the mouth of several D1 coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thing is Crush boys are growing just like everyone else. The difference is that they are just better lacrosse players. They are more skilled and have much better lax IQ. The reason for that is innate ability combined with an extreme dedication to the sport. As time goes on, most of the Crush boys will continue to dominate. I say this because the best boys on all teams will continue to be the best. Yes some will fade and others will emerge. Everything does not even out in HS. The good kids will still be the good kids, for the most part. I really hate to bring up the Turtles, but the two teams are rather similar in their domination of the sport. The Crush boys will follow the Turtle path. I have already heard many college coaches talking about them. They are on the radar and being watched already. That is not hearsay, I heard it from the mouth of several D1 coaches.

Turtles much more balanced and didn't rely solely on three players. Crush is good team but everything flows through three kids that play 90-100% of every game. That's not an equation to get your kid recruited. Nice to be part of a winning team but you're kidding yourself if you think anyone knows about your kid outside of the big 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was the boy hurt vs Titanium ok?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Was the boy hurt vs Titanium ok? [/quote

I forgot about that play, yes luckily the boy that was hit in the head while he was down is ok. Another real classy play by 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles much more balanced and didn't rely solely on three players. Crush is good team but everything flows through three kids that play 90-100% of every game. That's not an equation to get your kid recruited. Nice to be part of a winning team but you're kidding yourself if you think anyone knows about your kid outside of the big 3.

Here we go talking about recruiting 12 year olds again! You people need to get a grip. I also wonder if anyone of these parents that are so worried about their kid getting recruited actually played a sport in college?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, I read some things on here about the coaches from Titanium before this weekend and nothing that was said did any justice. Usually its a few bad apples but in their case its a whole crate full of them. Love how the coaches knocked off the last 90 seconds of the Sons game by arguing a call that was in their favor. Two childish coaches that would not leave the field as the time continued to dwindle. Complete a-hole parents, kids and coaches. Surprised 91 allows this to go on. I wish there was video of you 91 titanium dads.

Team 91 Titanium Parents = WT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ won Crimson Classic in Boston. Tomahawks were really the only strong competition though.

Viper won its bracket at Yale. 3 consecutive tournament wins.
Liberty Shootout 13B
LI Laxfest 6B
Yale Bullgog Bash

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? It is amazing the garbage people make up.

Most importantly the boy on the Looney's is OK and they were being cautious, better safe than sorry.

One of the first on the field to check on the boy was a Titanium mother in the medical field to offer support.

The coach of Titanium stayed well after the tournament to contact the other team, tournament directors to find out how the boys was doing.

Regarding what actually happened there was no hit in the head, he was hit in the neck by the ball, an unfortunate accident. Luckily he is fine.

But to take an injury to slander a team is what is classless.

I forgot about that play, yes luckily the boy that was hit in the head while he was down is ok. Another real classy play by 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I witnessed some craziness on the sidelines this weekend at the NXT cup! The parents/coaches and players on them 91 Titanium were literally out of control. I don't know what these parents are thinking when they behave the way they did. The kids have obviously learned to follow their lead because they were cursing on the field and they played very dirty. I can just say, it was a sorry display of sportsmanship.

What happened [/quote
The very first call of the game had the parents screaming (and it was a call that went against the other team), they went down 2-0 right away and the parents were going off the deep end. One dad got kicked out (but came right back and his son congratulated him about that after the game), security had to be called because everyone was afraid it was going to get ugly, 91 players were slashing the other team off ball, players were cursing on the field. I truly felt it was all an attempt to intimidate the refs and the opposing players. Just all around ugliness.

Any actions by the kids are just a reflection of their parents. Sounds like they were way out of line. Sounds like the coaches were also. Yet people keep going back to that team. Like anything else, it's our choice as parents whether or not we want our sons involved with that type of atmosphere. The core group loves it and they turnover 6 to 8 kids every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most importantly the boy on the Looney's is OK and they were being cautious, better safe than sorry.

One of the first on the field to check on the boy was a Titanium mother in the medical field to offer support.

The coach of Titanium stayed well after the tournament to contact the other team, tournament directors to find out how the boys was doing.

Regarding what actually happened there was no hit in the head, he was hit in the neck by the ball, an unfortunate accident. Luckily he is fine.

Sorry wrong game and wrong injury. I thought you meant the kid that got hurt in the Rising Sons game. That is the kid that was hit in the head when he was down. I am glad to hear the Looney's boy is OK too! BTW, not one ounce of slander, saw it. However, I blame the out of control parents and coaches for letting the players get over emotional and out of control.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps played B division and were 78-4 going into the final (2 of the four came from the same team). So it appears they are the equal of Crush in one area - playing down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So first, the mother who rendered her aid....that is what she is supposed to do. You don't get bonus points. 2nd, the kids from 91 were swinging their sticks at our kids from Loonies like baseball bats at the end, there were several punches thrown and even one kid told our coach to go F himself in the handshake line. Some days I didn't wish I had to be a role model could I would light your daddy's up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If playing your own age is down then yes, crush and express are guilty. let's get it together people

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love it. Talking Di schools . Why haven't they been asked to commit already. I'm sure half those D1 coaches hope they still have a job in 2021.. Could it be that they play more lacrosse then anyone at their age at this point. SOme kids do summer BB at the same time. Innate ability..LOL. Great stuff. They aren't all going to the same school. Make two teams out of them that would benefit everyone so they all can get better. They are good enough to make the others around them better. SO if you are not good in 6th grade your future in lacrosse could be coming to an end if you don't have that innate ability that these special kids only have. I hope all of their PAL teams went undefeated in all of their towns as well. Get a life and be real. Thanks for the morning chuckle..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was Yale an "A" or "B" bracket that 2020 Viper won?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So first, the mother who rendered her aid....that is what she is supposed to do. You don't get bonus points. 2nd, the kids from 91 were swinging their sticks at our kids from Loonies like baseball bats at the end, there were several punches thrown and even one kid told our coach to go F himself in the handshake line. Some days I didn't wish I had to be a role model could I would light your daddy's up.

Not sure why teams from LI feel like it is OK to act like this?! I feel sorry for the kids because they are going to get nowhere in life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm hoping that these comments are untrue - kid told coach to go "f" himself?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From the sounds of it, this team should not be invited back. Unfortunately, it is behavior like this that makes everyone from LI look bad, and there have to be some decent Long islanders out there, right?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh please viper go into real A tournaments and see how u do!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course there are good Long Islanders, coach from Outlaws 2020 made two of his kids shake hands when he noticed they didn't shake hands with a kid from another team. And this was after suffering a loss. Much respect!

From the sounds of it, this team should not be invited back. Unfortunately, it is behavior like this that makes everyone from LI look bad, and there have to be some decent Long islanders out there, right?!

Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard