BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,558
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26
Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Difference is the Turtles are affiliated with Express.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm Laughing! All of this banter is reminiscent of the comments made about the Turtles over the past few years. They're older, they're this, they're that.....blah, blah, blah.

Now 12 of them are committed to top schools. We will be saying the same for Crush in a couple years. Keep complaining, its entertaining! And PS: Coaches DO NOT CARE how old the kid is!!
You must be one of the Crush parents hoping to have their son commit to a college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm Laughing! All of this banter is reminiscent of the comments made about the Turtles over the past few years. They're older, they're this, they're that.....blah, blah, blah.

Now 12 of them are committed to top schools. We will be saying the same for Crush in a couple years. Keep complaining, its entertaining! And PS: Coaches DO NOT CARE how old the kid is!!

Seriously, no comparison. Turtles had/have much more depth in their roster. They could be missing 3-4 kids and not miss a beat at a tournament Crush is built around 3-4 kids. In close games a handful of kids never see the field. Crush rests their middies at attack so that they stay on the field. Attack parents seem to be OK with that. Really? Keep dreaming Crush mommy's and daddy's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USL Guidelines:

Leagues and associations should organize competition by age, and consider physical, cognitive, and emotional maturity when grouping players. For leagues or associations in which some local programs choose to organize their teams by grade, those teams should play in the age division determined by the oldest player on their roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be one of the Crush parents hoping to have their son commit to a college.

Hoping?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously, no comparison. Turtles had/have much more depth in their roster. They could be missing 3-4 kids and not miss a beat at a tournament Crush is built around 3-4 kids. In close games a handful of kids never see the field. Crush rests their middies at attack so that they stay on the field. Attack parents seem to be OK with that. Really? Keep dreaming Crush mommy's and daddy's.

Turtles never beat teams the way Crush does at this age. Sorry nice try though. You need to stop being so jealous and negative. Just look at the facts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoping?

Yes, hoping. Better get some good grades and SAT scores to go with those stick skills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I'm Laughing! All of this banter is reminiscent of the comments made about the Turtles over the past few years. They're older, they're this, they're that.....blah, blah, blah.

Turtles never beat teams the way Crush does at this age. Sorry nice try though. You need to stop being so jealous and negative. Just look at the facts! [/

So your saying that running up the score against weak competition dictates college scholarships. You Crush Mommy and Daddy's are clueless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoping?

I am going to tell you right now, that there are kids on Crush that will play lacrosse in college and there are kids on Crush that will not, just like plenty of other 2020 teams out there. If you really think that every kid on that team is going to play in college, you are totally delusional. Or maybe you have been brain washed into thinking that because the team is dominant at 12 years old, that means something! LOL what that means is they have received good coaching and have practiced more than others. There are kids in the 2020 age group that have not even picked up a stick yet that will be total stud lacrosse players in the next few years. College coaches are looking for stud athletes, and from the few times I have seen Crush play, they are well coached, but I would NOT say all of those kids are outstanding athletes. Time will tell and FYI no one will care what team you played for or what your record was when you were 12

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoping?

I am going to tell you right now, that there are kids on Crush that will play lacrosse in college and there are kids on Crush that will not, just like plenty of other 2020 teams out there. If you really think that every kid on that team is going to play in college, you are totally delusional. Or maybe you have been brain washed into thinking that because the team is dominant at 12 years old, that means something! LOL what that means is they have received good coaching and have practiced more than others. There are kids in the 2020 age group that have not even picked up a stick yet that will be total stud lacrosse players in the next few years. College coaches are looking for stud athletes, and from the few times I have seen Crush play, they are well coached, but I would NOT say all of those kids are outstanding athletes. Time will tell and FYI no one will care what team you played for or what your record was when you were 12

Keep telling yourself that! The majority of Crush is going D1 (top tier). You will see, Ive been though it twice and this team will be #1 in commitments come two years (like Crabs, Green Turtles,etc.). My son does not even play for them, but I am a fan! Not implying that there are many other stand out players that will definitely be getting scholarships, including my son, but you can't deny the dominance of that team! Express Terps will be right behind, then a few here and there.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best and most educated post EVER. Hopefully they will get a clue soon so we can all move on.

"I am going to tell you right now, that there are kids on Crush that will play lacrosse in college and there are kids on Crush that will not, just like plenty of other 2020 teams out there. If you really think that every kid on that team is going to play in college, you are totally delusional. Or maybe you have been brain washed into thinking that because the team is dominant at 12 years old, that means something! LOL what that means is they have received good coaching and have practiced more than others. There are kids in the 2020 age group that have not even picked up a stick yet that will be total stud lacrosse players in the next few years. College coaches are looking for stud athletes, and from the few times I have seen Crush play, they are well coached, but I would NOT say all of those kids are outstanding athletes. Time will tell and FYI no one will care what team you played for or what your record was when you were 12"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys make me laugh
Hoping?

Keep telling yourself that! The majority of Crush is going D1 (top tier). You will see, Ive been though it twice and this team will be #1 in commitments come two years (like Crabs, Green Turtles,etc.). My son does not even play for them, but I am a fan! Not implying that there are many other stand out players that will definitely be getting scholarships, including my son, but you can't deny the dominance of that team! Express Terps will be right behind, then a few here and there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel bad for the unprepared Crush parent who's son decides to move to the Village upon graduation and join an improv group. The kid will be happy but the parents will be a wreck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I feel bad for the unprepared Crush parent who's son decides to move to the Village upon graduation and join an improv group. The kid will be happy but the parents will be a wreck. [/quote

I feel bad for any parent of a 12 year old kid that is even thinking about where their kid is going to play lacrosse in college! Come on now, at 12 you have NO IDEA what you want to study or where you want to go to school. Much less, if you want to make the commitment to play a sport in college. There are clearly LOTS of crazy people out there...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I feel bad for the unprepared Crush parent who's son decides to move to the Village upon graduation and join an improv group. The kid will be happy but the parents will be a wreck. [/quote

I feel bad for any parent of a 12 year old kid that is even thinking about where their kid is going to play lacrosse in college! Come on now, at 12 you have NO IDEA what you want to study or where you want to go to school. Much less, if you want to make the commitment to play a sport in college. There are clearly LOTS of crazy people out there...

You are so wrong! My son already has his top 5 picked. And no I'm not kidding. He is 100% commited and we are here to support that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are so wrong! My son already has his top 5 picked. And no I'm not kidding. He is 100% commited and we are here to support that.

Top 5???? Like he even knows what he's freaking choosing. Your stoned!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

His choices went something like this....

1-Hopkins, cause my Dad said so.
2-Duke, cause a Blue Devil is cool.
3-Notre Dame, cause that little Irish guy is cool.
4-Alany, cause pony tails RULE.
5-Dener, cause their helmets are cool and my Dad drinks lots and lots of Coors beer and that's from Colorado so I think that's cool.

Way to support juniors choices at 12 years old.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoping?

Yes, hoping. Better get some good grades and SAT scores to go with those stick skills.

They can get into Cuse, Hopkins or Maryland with average grades if they are top players. Just won't be able to look at Duke, UVA or the IVYs as options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoping?

They can get into Cuse, Hopkins or Maryland with average grades if they are top players. Just won't be able to look at Duke, UVA or the IVYs as options.

Seriously?????
Why are you entertaining a discussion about college choices for 12 year old boys? Let them figure out how to shave and get to 2nd base first. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoping?

Do the height test as well. Add 5 inches to mom's height add it to yours and divide by 2. That's your boy give or take an inch. Good luck! Because if your under 5' 8' he better be lightening fast for D1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoping?

You are not serious, please tell me you have told your kid that it is OK to not do well in school, because you are a "stud" lacrosse player. Holy cow, are you in for a ride awakening when your boy perfects the saying "do you want fries with that". But hey, when I was little you should have seen how awesome my team was!! LOL you guys are hysterical

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need better than average grades for those schools. Don't forget SATs. I have seen great/top players over the years with average SATs and better then average grades not get into top or even lower level schools. The grades dictate what school you go to. Lax may bump you a little like a B- average MAY get you into a B AVERAGE school but it won't get you into a B+ school.Remember lacrosse is not a money maker for schools. Even Hofstra wants better than average grades for a great lax player. WAKE UP PARENTS.

Hoping?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoping?

You are not serious, please tell me you have told your kid that it is OK to not do well in school, because you are a "stud" lacrosse player. Holy cow, are you in for a ride awakening when your boy perfects the saying "do you want fries with that". But hey, when I was little you should have seen how awesome my team was!! LOL you guys are hysterical

No one is advocating for their kid not to focus on grades, but in all honesty- just like not every kid is an athlete- not every kid is a student either. Over my years in teaching, I have seen students become successful because they were smart, or athletic, or musically gifted or a superb artist. It is a rare student that has it all, but those are the ones that the Ivy schools want- the ones that have it all. There is a school for everyone and no one should put down any school and again, no one is advocating for your kid not to try in school. I do think if parents put a quarter of the money and time into tutoring as they do into training their kids, our kids would be doing a whole lot better on their finals and regents - just an observation. GL to all the kids as they go through their MS years, - because many will be taking regents before they even graduate MS and it could impact their future. These are the years to get serious and put some extra time into studies- especially with all the early recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need better than average grades for those schools. Don't forget SATs. I have seen great/top players over the years with average SATs and better then average grades not get into top or even lower level schools. The grades dictate what school you go to. Lax may bump you a little like a B- average MAY get you into a B AVERAGE school but it won't get you into a B+ school.Remember lacrosse is not a money maker for schools. Even Hofstra wants better than average grades for a great lax player. WAKE UP PARENTS.

Hoping?

My son has the lax skills and grades (A+ in everything) to get into any school of his choice at this point. All he needs to do is maintain. As long as this is what he wants, and you can not "force" my son to do something he does not want to. We will be there with all the support he needs. We will make the sacrifices needed for his success. I am fully aware that there are no guarantees, and that things can change. Right now, the sky's the limit!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles never beat teams the way Crush does at this age. Sorry nice try though. You need to stop being so jealous and negative. Just look at the facts!

If you're not a parent of #34, #2, or #29, there's nothing to be jealous about. Crush is totally reliant on these three players (and the specialist face off kid they borrow from Smithtown/Legacy/Sweet Lax, etc.). Excellent team, but take away #34 and you'd be lucky to beat the top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post. Agreed. Enjoy your sons success and some good luck to go along with all the hard work he has and will continue put in. There are a number of tremendous athlests on the crush team. (fl$ parent) You get out what you put in and we practice and play maybe a quarter of what crush and express do. I expect that to ramp up with age though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A+ in everything!! Wow you must be proud he did so well in 6th grade. Let me say that again...6th grade. Hate to say it but middle school and highschool is a whole new ball game academic wise. Let the kid be a kid. You sound ridiculous talking about these kind of things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A+ in everything!! Wow you must be proud he did so well in 6th grade. Let me say that again...6th grade. Hate to say it but middle school and highschool is a whole new ball game academic wise. Let the kid be a kid. You sound ridiculous talking about these kind of things.

Give it a break- not too many kids are A+ students and athletes at a high level- even in 6th grade. Many MS kids are already accelerated and are taking 7th grade classes so that they can take regents in 8th grade. This dad should be proud. Obviously his kid has smarts and good work habits which is more than half the battle...and I am not the kid' s dad or his wife!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post. Agreed. Enjoy your sons success and some good luck to go along with all the hard work he has and will continue put in. There are a number of tremendous athlests on the crush team. (fl$ parent) You get out what you put in and we practice and play maybe a quarter of what crush and express do. I expect that to ramp up with age though.

It's good to know that no one should waste their money to try out for this team..They can still stick with the organization and pay the tryout fee but remember you will always be second fiddle or the ugly step child...Maybe it would be better to look at other organizations..Plenty out there and cheaper for tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give it a break- not too many kids are A+ students and athletes at a high level- even in 6th grade. Many MS kids are already accelerated and are taking 7th grade classes so that they can take regents in 8th grade. This dad should be proud. Obviously his kid has smarts and good work habits which is more than half the battle...and I am not the kid' s dad or his wife!

Be proud dad/mom. You need to lay the foundation and it seems you have.

Many of the student athletes these days especially in lacrosse are those students with the higher marks. There is a thread stating there are a few towns which 2019 kids have already taken their first regents; some in both Math and Science. That means they will have fulfilled their NYS regents requirement by the end of Freshman year (if that means anything by then).

Think of it this way, Colleges will have a great resume to look at coming out of freshman year; the same resume as some Jr's. It is apparent that athletics isn't the only thing getting accelerated in some houses. Sorry your not in the know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many of the student athletes these days especially in lacrosse are those students with the higher marks. There is a thread stating there are a few towns which 2019 kids have already taken their first regents; some in both Math and Science. That means they will have fulfilled their NYS regents requirement by the end of Freshman year (if that means anything by then).

Think of it this way, Colleges will have a great resume to look at coming out of freshman year; the same resume as some Jr's. It is apparent that athletics isn't the only thing getting accelerated in some houses. Sorry your not in the know.

I guess the best lacrosse players are also the smartest in their class and the not so smart ones play football:)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess the best lacrosse players are also the smartest in their class and the not so smart ones play football:)

If you don't position yourself with a respected club team and good grades going into your freshman year, getting recruited will be a hek of a lot harder, trust me, I'm only giving this advice from experience! Do with it what you want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're not a parent of #34, #2, or #29, there's nothing to be jealous about. Crush is totally reliant on these three players (and the specialist face off kid they borrow from Smithtown/Legacy/Sweet Lax, etc.). Excellent team, but take away #34 and you'd be lucky to beat the top teams.

This is taken from the website of a group that runs youth lacrosse tournaments. How easy would it be if US Lacrosse just adopted and enforced this set of rules?

Roster Rules

1. No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.
2. US Lacrosse age guidelines will be used for the U11, U13 & U15 divisions. Age eligible High School players may compete in the U15 A division. They are ineligible to compete in the U15 B division.
3. U15 players must have been born after August 31, 1998.
4. U13 players must have be born after August 31, 2000.
5. U11 players must have been born after August 31, 2002.
6. U9 players must have been born after August 31, 2004.
7. Placement in the Rising 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th Grade divisions will be dictated by the highest grade of any player on the team.
8. No High School graduates are eligible.
9. Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated and forfeit any opportunity to advance to the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is taken from the website of a group that runs youth lacrosse tournaments. How easy would it be if US Lacrosse just adopted and enforced this set of rules?

Roster Rules

1. No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.
2. US Lacrosse age guidelines will be used for the U11, U13 & U15 divisions. Age eligible High School players may compete in the U15 A division. They are ineligible to compete in the U15 B division.
7. Placement in the Rising 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th Grade divisions will be dictated by the highest grade of any player on the team.
9. Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated and forfeit any opportunity to advance to the playoffs.

I think this is a good start and I think this is what [lacrosse]'s TOC said- maybe even taken from their site, however- I still think the u11, U13, u15 is too far spread. I am not saying they have to follow the hockey standard of year born- maybe a 15 month spread would be more appropriate. I think play would be much more consistent and safe with better rules et in place. I am on the fence about playing on more than one team though- as long as the kid is rostered on both teams as a player, and not just a guest, I do not have a problem with that. It appears a lot of kids play for their town and their club team, especially in HS- and having to choose a team makes things difficult, especially with subtle threats about future playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roster Rules

I think this is a good start and I think this is what [lacrosse]'s TOC said- maybe even taken from their site, however- I still think the u11, U13, u15 is too far spread. I am not saying they have to follow the hockey standard of year born- maybe a 15 month spread would be more appropriate. I think play would be much more consistent and safe with better rules et in place. I am on the fence about playing on more than one team though- as long as the kid is rostered on both teams as a player, and not just a guest, I do not have a problem with that. It appears a lot of kids play for their town and their club team, especially in HS- and having to choose a team makes things difficult, especially with subtle threats about future playing time.

I think playing for your town and travel club is fine, what isn't fine is playing on more than one travel team. That isn't allowed in hockey or soccer, two sports that get it right with respect to age regulations and being well organized youth sports (leagues, tournaments, regional/national tournaments etc.). Pick a team, stick with those players and stop the nonsense of bringing in guest players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why? Because you said so? Many times club and travel play in the same tournaments. I agree that kids should only play one division. No switching from A to B (for clubs), but playing up should be ok. Sometimes clubs are short players and need to bring in extra kids. Sometimes town plays B and club plays A. That should be Ok too. There is really no conflict then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why? Because you said so? Many times club and travel play in the same tournaments. I agree that kids should only play one division. No switching from A to B (for clubs), but playing up should be ok. Sometimes clubs are short players and need to bring in extra kids. Sometimes town plays B and club plays A. That should be Ok too. There is really no conflict then.

Yes, purely because I said so. I am the one and only almighty LaxGod who makes proclamations that shall not be disputed. I am the only one who makes reasonable, well though-out statements on this site and all those that shall challenge me will burn in Baltimore [lacrosse]!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
what I don't understand is how a club team can be short players for any given tournament. You try out, make the team and commit to play on that team and whatever tournaments they play in. Peiord. Why do some people have the need to play for more than 1 club team? If you are not happy with a team you are on, move on next season and find a better fit. But to play for more than 1 club team is ridiculous. Besides the fact that the boys will be burnt out by the time they play Varsity, the teams they play on get accused of loading their roster and cheating when "guest" players play. No team should ever be short players for any tournament if they have a roster of 20+ players. Commit to one team and play your heart out for that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxmomx3
what I don't understand is how a club team can be short players for any given tournament. You try out, make the team and commit to play on that team and whatever tournaments they play in. Peiord. Why do some people have the need to play for more than 1 club team? If you are not happy with a team you are on, move on next season and find a better fit. But to play for more than 1 club team is ridiculous. Besides the fact that the boys will be burnt out by the time they play Varsity, the teams they play on get accused of loading their roster and cheating when "guest" players play. No team should ever be short players for any tournament if they have a roster of 20+ players. Commit to one team and play your heart out for that team.

Vacation
Injury
Death in Family
Prior commitment
None of your business
Etc..........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The grade based is a big question that has been tossed around often. Grade based still allows the hold backs to shine when clearly on age they would not!

Example in 6th grade 2020 - Have age parameters on the grade based division so they cant skirt the system. Make the U breakdown the mixed pot of 2 years as it was meant to be; if you have a holdback play u13. If you want to play up that is what U bracket is for. If you have a hold back that doesn't qualify for u13 you are an embarrassment.

I also disagree with only being able to play one team. Why cant town and travel coexist. Sure it might be taxing on some athletes but not all athletes are the same, not all play as much as others. Why put pressure on a child to chose travel over town (or visa versa right Smithtown and Three Village)

Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard