BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Team Long Island added 3 very good players to a strong team going to give Igloo a battle for 2nd and don't rule out Express who quitely added some depth to their strong core of 8, and 91 United. I would not be surprised to see it be a four pony race for the number 2 spot on the Island between Team LI, Igloo, 91 United and Express. I still believe from what I saw at the try outs that Smash is still sitting all alone at number 1. Good luck this season should be some fun games on Long Island at the 2022 level.

Saw those 2022 Express Minutemen today. They added a ton of talent.

Who are express 2022 minutemen and where did you see them? While hanging out by youth lax fields in your free time creep or just come forward and say your kid made the team. Last yeAr express 2022 was 3rd rate at best they will be 2nd rate this year. Enjoy "minuteman".

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at Cantiague park last night my son plays for the Jay Dogs. The game before ours was a team called House of Pain? all 91 and Igloo kids playing a town team from Port Wasington. I was very impressed with Ports team as the played this club team very close. Does anybody know anything about either of these teams.? Love to see town teams playing well.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Was at Cantiague park last night my son plays for the Jay Dogs. The game before ours was a team called House of Pain? all 91 and Igloo kids playing a town team from Port Wasington. I was very impressed with Ports team as the played this club team very close. Does anybody know anything about either of these teams.? Love to see town teams playing well.
"House of Pain" is one of the tag lines used by the Syosset Lacrosse Club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you! We were extremely proud of our boys!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Port Washington Teams 2021 and down are all starting to play together and are going to be very good. Great coaches trying to keep it home. Its a big town with a big pool of kids, leadership needs some work though.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A town team losing to a stacked club team full of igloo and smash players by one with 30 seconds left in the game says a lot about leadership and coaching. Port should be proud of what they are getting done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A town team losing to a stacked club team full of igloo and smash players by one with 30 seconds left in the game says a lot about leadership and coaching. Port should be proud of what they are getting done.

Stacked? I'm a Smash parent and haven't heard anything about our players taking part in this game. Sure it wasn't another town team (CSH?) that has a few Smash and Igloo players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a bunch of port kids play on igloo, too. Cant you all be happy these young men are playing lacrosse..Playing it better than any of us ever did at their age. they are probably better at 9yrs old than you morons played at 16, too.
Enjoy it now, too many kids take the wrong direction during their teenage years and never play sports again... girls, booze, drugs, and mostly the PARENTS, who drive them to the practices, DRIVE them to Drink, chase broads, and all the other negative stuff..Enjoy the ride.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm guessing fl$ will stink again. Team Igloo, Team LI, Smash, Jesters, Express all sound like they are shaping up..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stacked? I'm a Smash parent and haven't heard anything about our players taking part in this game. Sure it wasn't another town team (CSH?) that has a few Smash and Igloo players?

I asked about house of pain last year as I saw them play and they were very good. The answer I was given was that they are a bunch of kids from different towns. Many have played together before. CSH, syosset, garden city, Roslyn, mineola. Some play club ball some don't, varying levels of skill just coming together to play lax.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a bunch of port kids play on igloo, too. Cant you all be happy these young men are playing lacrosse..Playing it better than any of us ever did at their age. they are probably better at 9yrs old than you morons played at 16, too.
Enjoy it now, too many kids take the wrong direction during their teenage years and never play sports again... girls, booze, drugs, and mostly the PARENTS, who drive them to the practices, DRIVE them to Drink, chase broads, and all the other negative stuff..Enjoy the ride.

i am a parent of a boy on the house of pain team that played port washington. the team has some boys from smash, some boys from igloo and some from other teams. it's a very good team. the port washington team also has a few boys from igloo. it was a great game and lots of fun to watch. that as well as the amazing skills of some of hte boys from both teams are the only things worht discussing about this game!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ 2022 going to be very weak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it really necessary to bash a team of 9 year olds? Maybe fl$ 2022 will not be as good as Smash, Igloo, etc. and the other elite teams but we are still talking 9 year old boys who are excited to be on a team. Fortunately (or should I say hopefully) they don't know BOTC exists so they won't have to ready a silly post like the above one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it really necessary to bash a team of 9 year olds? Maybe fl$ 2022 will not be as good as Smash, Igloo, etc. and the other elite teams but we are still talking 9 year old boys who are excited to be on a team. Fortunately (or should I say hopefully) they don't know BOTC exists so they won't have to ready a silly post like the above one.

I agree. The name calling and bashing is such nonsense. It is nice to hear about how teams shaped up coming out the blocks. But to put down a team makes no sense. I was at three difference tryouts and they were all well attended. This age group comes down to how well the boys are coached. Remember this group now can use poles... Travel 4th grade PAl 5th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could not agree more. Great to watch good lax at this young age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also please don't use the word Elite to describe 9 year olds... do you think Archie Manning ever told Eli or Peyton they were elite when they were 9? Doubt it, probably still doesn't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With 2021 and down, they have retained all kids- with no defections to clubs, as told to me by one of their parents. 2019, 2020 and 2021 are all doing the same thing independent of on another.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PW 2021 team played a Huntington team that seemed to have a good number of club players as well. Close physical game. Nice to see town teams being competitive. Not sure what the outcome was, but that team also seemed to be holding their own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm thrilled that someone has taken the time out to update everyone on the rankings of the 2022 age group.
Seriously get a life. These are 8 and 9 year old kids. My son plays on Smash and I could care less where you "rank" them and who the number 2 teams are.
The important thing is that your child should be playing where he is going to enjoy the experience and get better.
LOSER

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With 2021 and down, they have retained all kids- with no defections to clubs, as told to me by one of their parents. 2019, 2020 and 2021 are all doing the same thing independent of on another.

There were Port kids at the Outlaws and True Blue tryouts for some of these years. I don't think they are all playing for the town team only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Port Washington Teams 2021 and down are all starting to play together and are going to be very good. Great coaches trying to keep it home. Its a big town with a big pool of kids, leadership needs some work though.

Do you truly believe that (keeping it home) is the best way to help players develop? Do you believe that it will help all of the kids reach their potential?
Are there any other sports or activities that have proven that the best way to develop is to "keep kids that happen to live in the same zip code together"??

Please identify where this model works?

With few exceptions, in all endeavors in order for someone to become the best that they can be that person must be with others who are better than they are.

Academics, Music, Drama, Singing, dancing etc... and yes Athletics, in order to reach ones full potential it would be better to be in the company of the "better, smarter, more talented" players, singers, dancers, musicians, students, athletes, etc...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you truly believe that (keeping it home) is the best way to help players develop? Do you believe that it will help all of the kids reach their potential?
Are there any other sports or activities that have proven that the best way to develop is to "keep kids that happen to live in the same zip code together"??

With few exceptions, in all endeavors in order for someone to become the best that they can be that person must be with others who are better than they are.

Academics, Music, Drama, Singing, dancing etc... and yes Athletics, in order to reach ones full potential it would be better to be in the company of the "better, smarter, more talented" players, singers, dancers, musicians, students, athletes, etc...

In addition to playing on tournament teams the Port Washington boys ill be doing town based tournaments which helps the feeder system to the high school. Get off your high horse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bay Shore, Three Village, Port Washington, SWR, ESM all have strong HS programs with players going to play in college and they play tournament ball as a town team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bay Shore, Three Village, Port Washington, SWR, ESM all have strong HS programs with players going to play in college and they play tournament ball as a town team.

Not questioning who has strong HS Programs. Questioning the logic of thinking that only playing with kids who happen to live in the same district is the best way to develop a player.

It will not help an athlete reach their potential.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not questioning who has strong HS Programs. Questioning the logic of thinking that only playing with kids who happen to live in the same district is the best way to develop a player.

Are you joking with that? They have strong programs with strong players yet you say it won't help an athlete reach their potential. They win championships but I guess it is the power of their zip code because obviously they couldn't possibly be great players if they don't play club ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you joking with that? They have strong programs with strong players yet you say it won't help an athlete reach their potential. They win championships but I guess it is the power of their zip code because obviously they couldn't possibly be great players if they don't play club ball.

What is it that you do not understand?

Simply being on a good team does not equate to a player reaching their potential.

Garden City, Manhasset, CSH, Chaminade, Saint Anthony's, Syosset, Massapequa etc... also have had very strong HS teams. Many of their kids have also played outside of the town. I think if you were to compare how the top players have done in their college careers you would find that the kids who expanded their "lacrosse world" have outpaced the others. Or better yet, compare how they compare in college to the kids that come out of the MIAA.

Never said the players would not be "good" I said they would not reach their potential.

Lacrosse is growing rapidly across the country, it is becoming more competitive everyday. If you think that The Long Island Kids will keep pace by limiting their lacrosse experience continue to push to the town only model.

But yet once again the question was not answered.

Please identify another sport or activity where the best in the world think that the best way to develop is to "play, train, compete, participate" with others who only live in their town.

And yes their are exceptions to every rule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this is a debate that will go on forever. I don't know what the right answer is. In MY Opinion and I am not an expert, I would think that the more you have your stick in your hand the better you can become. I also believe that you need to play with and against better players to get better. Others have different opinion and I respect that. What I think is wrong is that these coaches say you go outside our program you will never play here. Bottom line is that if the player is better he or she should play. We need to remove all politics from these school programs. We all pay taxes, take the politics out and take the better players no matter where they played at the youth level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
let them swim or wrestle. Run track... all about the athlete!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
let them swim or wrestle. Run track... all about the athlete!

I don't think anyone said anything about only playing only one sport.

The best in the sports that you mention do not train/play only with others from their town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a life. Or better yet, a job!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a life. Or better yet, a job!

Wow! thats original.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is going to Halloween Havoc from this age group. 91 Smash will be there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Minutemen will be there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And 91 smash will be one of the teams that actually cares about a fall tournament. Everyone else will be evaluating their new players and enjoying the fun of playing in an off season tournament with a new team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And 91 smash will be one of the teams that actually cares about a fall tournament. Everyone else will be evaluating their new players and enjoying the fun of playing in an off season tournament with a new team.

What an angry fellow you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is 91 smash? Is this a developmental team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will take your question at face value and assume you're not trying be a jerk. Smash is Team 91s A team at the 2022 level. Not a developmental team as they've been playing together 2+ years. And a great group of kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will take your question at face value and assume you're not trying be a jerk. Smash is Team 91s A team at the 2022 level. Not a developmental team as they've been playing together 2+ years. And a great group of kids.

The assistant coaches of this team have told me that the player's parents care way too much about the results of 3rd grade(last year)lacrosse games. You sound like the leader of the pack. Go find an Igloo parent and you can spend the day talking about how great your 9 year olds are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kidding me right? 9 year olds? Why would you assume that I would know who a 9 year old team was? What have they accomplished at 9 years old?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The assistant coaches of this team have told me that the player's parents care way too much about the results of 3rd grade(last year)lacrosse games. You sound like the leader of the pack. Go find an Igloo parent and you can spend the day talking about how great your 9 year olds are.

Sorry, just saw this. I was busy running my kid through pre-dawn wind sprints.

Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard