BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,263
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Oyster Bay Lacrosse League - Spring League Registration
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, this is an interesting feed. My observation after reading is that they very well may be a true 2019 team, just not be according to age. Parents living through their children tend to leave them back. Not for academic reasons, but so that they will be the big boy on the field. Impressive.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Typical NY narcissism. It seems you are the only ones using the 12/31 cut off but every other part of the country should adhere to your rules? You don't follow the US Lacrosse age guidelines yet you expect US Lacrosse to protect your little darlings from all of the big, bad animals on the other side of the Goethals?

A couple of weeks ago Crush parents were puffing about winning a 2019 tournament when their own 2019 team didn't even make it out of pool play. Now you are questioning the mindset of some kids from Philly? Mindset? Why wouldn't they want to play a team that just won a 2019 tourney? If they were scheduled to play 91 2019, I'm sure they would have played them instead.

And Johnny didn't blow by the LI kid because he was a year younger. Johnny blew by him because the kid thought he was better than he really is and tried to "D up" Johnny at midfield instead of dropping into the hole. I guarantee both teams got better after competing against each other.

Most likely close to 2 years younger, but why even bother counting.
I ask again, why do you knowingly play down against younger smaller kids? How does your team get better doing this?
Have you ever tried playing on age? Perhaps you should schedule a few games against those scary 2018 teams from LI. You know, the one's the Crabs need 15 and 16 year olds to beat. They are the same age and size as your kids. I think we all know the answer to that question...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately, you can skim every age group in this forum and see the same argument. UNTIL, US Lacrosse steps in and demands a card issued with a picture, verified by a birth certificate, and withold insurance for any event, this will continue to happen. There are plenty of other youth sport governing bodies who establish and enforce the rules. US Lacrosse is failing the sport and its membership. Why are we members if they don't support the membership?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical NY narcissism. It seems you are the only ones using the 12/31 cut off but every other part of the country should adhere to your rules? You don't follow the US Lacrosse age guidelines yet you expect US Lacrosse to protect your little darlings from all of the big, bad animals on the other side of the Goethals?

A couple of weeks ago Crush parents were puffing about winning a 2019 tournament when their own 2019 team didn't even make it out of pool play. Now you are questioning the mindset of some kids from Philly? Mindset? Why wouldn't they want to play a team that just won a 2019 tourney? If they were scheduled to play 91 2019, I'm sure they would have played them instead.

And Johnny didn't blow by the LI kid because he was a year younger. Johnny blew by him because the kid thought he was better than he really is and tried to "D up" Johnny at midfield instead of dropping into the hole. I guarantee both teams got better after competing against each other.

After reading a bunch of threads on this site I have concluded one thing for sure......there are a lot of kids named Johnny that play lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this horse is beaten to death already. can't wait for this weeks schedule to come out so that this discussion will finally be behind us for everyone on this thread that is not a Rising Son or Crush parent.

We have all read your sides to the story. the game is over. neither of your teams had to take this game but you both decided too. You both knew what you were getting. For us "merely average parents" can we have the thread back now?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters 2021 won 12-3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters 2021 v Igloo 2022?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters 2021 beat Igloo 2022 by 3. Good game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters pretty much played man down the entire game - should of been 12-3 I guess. Hd 10 or more penalties on defense going up much smaller kids. shouldn't be playing younger teams, not help to either team,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After reading a bunch of threads on this site I have concluded one thing for sure......there are a lot of kids named Johnny that play lacrosse.
yeah I hate that term too !

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It may help Jesters gain some confidence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters pretty much played man down the entire game - should of been 12-3 I guess. Hd 10 or more penalties on defense going up much smaller kids. shouldn't be playing younger teams, not help to either team,

Funny interpretation. Igloo 2022 has played up all winter and has never been accused of causing a defense to have penalties. Anyway if that's what makes you feel good about a tight game with younger kids, good luck. Or maybe the defense should practice more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Jesters defense had a lot of penelties when I saw them play in a recent game agaist a 2021 team.

Funny interpretation. Igloo 2022 has played up all winter and has never been accused of causing a defense to have penalties. Anyway if that's what makes you feel good about a tight game with younger kids, good luck. Or maybe the defense should practice more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Jesters defense had a lot of penelties when I saw them play in a recent game agaist a 2021 team.

It was a sloppy defensive game but not a tight game. Is what it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow a Jester parent claims they could not blow out a younger team because the Jesters defense took too many penelties. Nice. I see it in a different way. The younger Igloo team was passing and running around the Jester defense and the only way to stop about 5 more sure goals was to take a penalty for each. Igloo could have had 5 more goals if not for those penalties!!! Get over it and don't blame your own defense for those goals!!! It ia a team sport.

It was a sloppy defensive game but not a tight game. Is what it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Jesters 2021 beat Igloo 2022 by 3. Good game.

[quote=Anonymous]Jesters 2021 v Igloo 2022?

Shouldn't be playing younger teams??? No one signed up to play younger teams. Who writes schedules ?? Who plays up all the time?? Is what it is. They lost. They got a lot of penalties. Move on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shouldn't be playing younger teams??? No one signed up to play younger teams. Who writes schedules ?? Who plays up all the time?? Is what it is. They lost. They got a lot of penalties. Move on!

Jesters 2021 vs. 91 Smash 2022 this Saturday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the 91 Crush game at St Anthony's this weekend. It was a nice sunny day. BUT....the 91 parents who were screaming nearly in a play by play style need to look at a video of themselves. Embarrassing. You all can't seem to get how ridiculous you sound when you verbally hammer a 6th grader on the field. For your kids sanity and confidence....stop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the 91 Crush game at St Anthony's this weekend. It was a nice sunny day. BUT....the 91 parents who were screaming nearly in a play by play style need to look at a video of themselves. Embarrassing. You all can't seem to get how ridiculous you sound when you verbally hammer a 6th grader on the field. For your kids sanity and confidence....stop.

People love to exaggerate and end up keeping this team, you all seem to either hate or envy, in the spotlight- talk about free advertisement for 91. I was there too, after another game as well, and the parents were not going crazy on their kids- lighten up. There are crazy parents on every team. There are passionate parents on every field. Can we move on from this one crush game- there are many other teams and kids that played this past week end too. New week end, new games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids can't hear you anyway. And if you dissect the game on the way home and highlight all things why they lost, even sadder.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/more-family-fun/201202/what-makes-nightmare-sports-parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters 2021 vs. 91 Smash 2022 this Saturday.

Awesome dude, thanks so much for letting everyone know. I may not be able to get to the game. Do you think it will be on ESPNU?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Field of Dreams Massapequa, NY Massapequa, NY
Mitchell Field
Uniondale Uniondale
Team Team Turf Team Turf Team
1PM RVC 5/6 vs LI EXPRESS 2020 Wolverines 3PM Outlaws 2018 Silver vs LIE NYC 2019
2PM Icon 2021 vs LIE 2021 Wolverines 4PM Outlaws 2019 Silver vs LIE NYC 2019
3PM Icon 2021 vs OUTLAWS 2021 BLACK 5PM Outlaws 2018 Silver vs Legacy 2018
4PM LIE NYC 2020 vs Revenge 2020
5PM Daler Nation 2021 vs LIE NYC 2020
6PM Daler Nation 2019 vs LIE NYC 2020

Saturday April 12th Sunday April 13th

Grundy School Holbrook Holbrook St Anthony's Huntington Huntington
Front Team Front Team Turf Team Turf Team
8AM Team 91 2021 Orange vs LI EXPRESS 2021 Wolves 8AM LI JESTERS 2018 Gibons vs Vipers 8
9AM Building Blocks 2023 vs LI EXPRESS Honey Badgers 2023 9AM TOP SIDE 7/8 vs Vipers 8
10AM Building Blocks 2023 vs Jesters 2022 B 10AM Top SIDE 7/8 vs Huntington Hawks 2019
11AM Team 91 2022 Smash vs Jesters 2021 A 11AM Huntington Hawks 2019 vs LI EXPRESS Berry
12PM LI EXPRESS 2021 Barracudas Blue vs Jesters 2021 A 12PM LI EXPRESS 2019 Terps vs RVC 7/8
1PM LI EXPRESS 2021 Barracudas Orange vs Jesters 2021 B 1PM West Islip Lions 2018 vs RVC 7/8
2PM Team 91 2020 Titanium vs Jesters 2019 B
3PM Team 91 2022 United vs Jesters 2022 A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[size:14pt][/size]I thought HHH Dukes was the best PA team? We played them with our 2020 Terps missing 3 top players and beat them 11-3. With our top players we beat them like 20-2. Maybe the Rising Sons should play HHH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see the Honey Badgers stepping out for their spring debut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U guys r [lacrosse]..igloo 2022 lost to jesters 2021..it is what it is..When a taller defender poke checks a smaller attacker..they get poked in the facemask...give me a break...u lost..maybe next time...and yes those jester defenders are physical..lol..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U guys r [lacrosse]..igloo 2022 lost to jesters 2021..it is what it is..When a taller defender poke checks a smaller attacker..they get poked in the facemask...give me a break...u lost..maybe next time...and yes those jester defenders are physical..lol..

No doubt igloo 2022 lost to an older jesters team in a close game. To suggest that jesters trains their kids to poke check at exactly 4' 3" and can't adjust up or down is silly. Physical? No. Just bad defense. Many teams play up and never before has a parent been so stupid as to suggest that the older team can't defend the younger team because of height. You are a moron. Enjoy the win, real meaningful game. Let's see how you guys do in the tournaments, I assume you play in the B division again this year so chances are you will see igloo 2022 again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No doubt igloo 2022 lost to an older jesters team in a close game. To suggest that jesters trains their kids to poke check at exactly 4' 3" and can't adjust up or down is silly. Physical? No. Just bad defense. Many teams play up and never before has a parent been so stupid as to suggest that the older team can't defend the younger team because of height. You are a moron. Enjoy the win, real meaningful game. Let's see how you guys do in the tournaments, I assume you play in the B division again this year so chances are you will see igloo 2022 again.

Are you the moron.. the taller older v younger small and the d pole getting penaltie has always been a factor.. even before this site was up and running.

This is not new

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Jester or Igloo parent but have seen both teams play. Jesters defense is bad. No other way to put it. The team can score and they have a good goalie but the defense runs around, has limited stick skills and get beat one on one. Once beat they take bad penelties. The Jesters are a B team that plays in the A bracket. They will learn soon that they are a B team. Igloo 2022 is a solid team. If they play the Jesters 10 times I think Igloo would win 6 of them. A win by 3 goals does not place the Jesters in a higher bracket then Igloo. If these Jester parents think the Jesters are far better then 2022 Igloo just because they won a game by 3 goals it shows they are joke. Read this thread above. Jesters first reported the score as 12-3. Seems you can't believe anything a Jester says!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you the moron.. the taller older v younger small and the d pole getting penaltie has always been a factor.. even before this site was up and running.

This is not new

True, the age old discussion, how does the 10 year old long pole guard the the 9 year old attackman. We have no solution our 10 year olds poke high and the 9 year old are low and we lose. This dilemma has plagued us from even before the days of BOTC. What a loser you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not new

Love the d pole talk at 9/10 years old and love the spelling of "penaltie" funny stuff. Unknowingly (big word, don't embarrass yourself, look it up) you give jesters a bad name when you think you are defending them. Put the Budweiser down and sleep it off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not new

Love the d pole talk at 9/10 years old and love the spelling of "penaltie" funny stuff. Unknowingly (big word, don't embarrass yourself, look it up) you give jesters a bad name when you think you are defending them. Put the Budweiser down and sleep it off.

Hey Jack Arse, it doesn't just apply to 9/10. It happens at 12 and 13... 13/14 some smart coaches even use it as a strategy. Put little petey at attack and watch the flags fly. Big johnny cant seem to defend but can help but push down on the smaller boy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo defenders don't use a long pole in 4th grade. Gives all teams an advantage against igloo and they still play solid defense. I never thought I would be on here posting for igloo but reading these Jester parent post makes me laugh and want to respond because the Jesters are not very good. I don't see any post telling us how they did against the top 5 2021 teams that they have played. Should we post a couple of those scores???? Funny stuff.

This is not new

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters 2021 played in "B" brackets last year, they won a couple of "B" championships and contended in others. If this was your sons team what would they do? Stay in "B" and continue on the same path, or try and compete in "A" and take some lumps? They are a "B+" team and not claiming much more.

There are morons on this forum on both sides of every argument, to call a bunch of 5th grade boys a "joke" may leave something to be desired.

I have my own kids or friends playing on every team, there is good and bad in each, including the parents. I have three children playing; 2021, high school and college. Relax a bit with the "joke" assessment, many of these kids in all of 2021will not even be playing by the time JV comes around let alone college.

Not a Jester or Igloo parent but have seen both teams play. Jesters defense is bad. No other way to put it. The team can score and they have a good goalie but the defense runs around, has limited stick skills and get beat one on one. Once beat they take bad penelties. The Jesters are a B team that plays in the A bracket. They will learn soon that they are a B team. Igloo 2022 is a solid team. If they play the Jesters 10 times I think Igloo would win 6 of them. A win by 3 goals does not place the Jesters in a higher bracket then Igloo. If these Jester parents think the Jesters are far better then 2022 Igloo just because they won a game by 3 goals it shows they are joke. Read this thread above. Jesters first reported the score as 12-3. Seems you can't believe anything a Jester says!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read the post again please. I think it means parents are a joke not the kids.
Jesters 2021 played in "B" brackets last year, they won a couple of "B" championships and contended in others. If this was your sons team what would they do? Stay in "B" and continue on the same path, or try and compete in "A" and take some lumps? They are a "B+" team and not claiming much more.

There are morons on this forum on both sides of every argument, to call a bunch of 5th grade boys a "joke" may leave something to be desired.

I have my own kids or friends playing on every team, there is good and bad in each, including the parents. I have three children playing; 2021, high school and college. Relax a bit with the "joke" assessment, many of these kids in all of 2021will not even be playing by the time JV comes around let alone college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Badgers looked great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Badgers looked great.

Badgers are a LI Expeess team? Is there a 91 team at that age also? Which is the better team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has the warriors, but the honey badgers are the better team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters are a second class organization at best. let these animals talk

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually 91 has the Bandits, who is probably the best team at 2023.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So LI express is again the top team. Years ago they had the top teams then it seemed 91 dominated, I guess it's bsck to li express

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard