BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,504
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the score of the fl$ vs Vipers 2018 game last Sat?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did not play.. game was rescheduled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7th grade Crabs edged out Superstar 365 by 1 goal in the last 30 seconds?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont know about superstar, but crabs beat express terps by 2 with a last second goal while terps were attacking to try and tie the score. Good game, crabs are big and fast team. Can play with any of the best li teams.

As an express parent I would say 91 orange, crabs, express terps...in that order.

Team LI also very good but they are a true u-13 team so a bunch of 8th grade boys on the team. They will be very competitive at u-13 tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dont know about superstar, but crabs beat express terps by 2 with a last second goal while terps were attacking to try and tie the score. Good game, crabs are big and fast team. Can play with any of the best li teams.

As an express parent I would say 91 orange, crabs, express terps...in that order.

Team LI also very good but they are a true u-13 team so a bunch of 8th grade boys on the team. They will be very competitive at u-13 tournaments.

Wait, what? How can you beat somebody by 2 on a last second goal? And aren't the Terps always attacking to try and score a goal or is that just at the end of the game? Thanks for the chuckle.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calm down...they were down by one with a minute left. the other team was playing keep away and express double teamed the ball. The kid had the ball knocked away and it bounced to another kid in fron of the crease for an easy goal...

Sorry if you didnt understand...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually the Crabs were killing the clock with a one goal lead at the end of the game and had the ball in the offensive zone, Express created a turnover and when the D was flipping the ball to the goalie it got stolen and scored by Crabs for a two goal victory, although it was a one goal game with 5 seconds to play it never really seemed like the Express could beat them, Crabs had a lot of big strong kids with excellent skills - Express seems to have a lot of medium sized kids with excellent skills. Excellent game to watch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait, what? How can you beat somebody by 2 on a last second goal? And aren't the Terps always attacking to try and score a goal or is that just at the end of the game? Thanks for the chuckle.

Ahh you open up and play a very attack oriented game leaving yourself open to breakdowns on defense. You do this when your down goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 orange beat express 7 4 and crabs 8 2.......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs are a true U-13 also.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The crabs u13 team are all 7th grade kids with one or two 6th grade kids.
Just for anyone's info the crabs u13 played club 91 two weeks ago in MD which was the crabs first game playing together.

For some reason the crabs were very nervous and played like it.
I can't wait for a re-match with club 91 as I think it will be a very different out come and a great game to watch.
We will see at the crabfest which I think club 91 is signed up for this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grade should not matter...i know much of the club lacrosse world still goes by it, but birthdate should... Because they are in 6th/7th grade does not solely qualify them for U-13, being born between the US Lacrosse guidelines does. So if we are talking U-13 leave it at that, and not what school grade they are - people unfortunatley can and will manipulate that. I understand this is a 2018 thread - but if US Lacrosse ever gets its act together and enforces the rules they have written...it will be easier for everyone to understand and follow.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grade should not matter...i know much of the club lacrosse world still goes by it, but birthdate should... Because they are in 6th/7th grade does not solely qualify them for U-13, being born between the US Lacrosse guidelines does. So if we are talking U-13 leave it at that, and not what school grade they are - people unfortunatley can and will manipulate that. I understand this is a 2018 thread - but if US Lacrosse ever gets its act together and enforces the rules they have written...it will be easier for everyone to understand and follow.....

in US lacrosse isn't it U17, U15, U13, U11 and U9? and if that is the case then every tournament and age group would have two years in it and create more mismatches and age problems then we have now. going by grade keeps all these kids that are in one grade playing against each other all year, both club and school. Seems really stupid to me to go by two year age brackets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs complies with US lacrosse age guidelines. Only kids born on September 1st 1999 or later can play for U13. That is also the guideline for NPYLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Relax Besides The Best Team 2018 is Team Long Island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Relax Besides The Best Team 2018 is Team Long Island

I think you have to beat Team 91 or Express at least once before saying that...how about one win against either team before the chest thumping?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for anyone's info the crabs u13 played club 91 two weeks ago in MD which was the crabs first game playing together.

I can't wait for a re-match with club 91 as I think it will be a very different out come and a great game to watch.
when you lose 8-2 to Team 91, just say "good game" and move on - don't make excuses. you two will play again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any middle school teams scrimmage yet? Just curious whats the average size of a MS team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any middle school teams scrimmage yet? Just curious whats the average size of a MS team?

My sons team is a mixed 7/8th grade team due to budget cuts and the coach took 36 players. Until 2 years ago when there was a separate 7th and 8th grade team they usually took around 30 kids so not too much difference.

I'm not sure what the rules are regarding mixed grade MS teams but last year our mixed team played exclusively full 8th grade teams. Didn't matter since they went 9-0 but I know there are other mixed grade teams locally.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

7th grade average size 5'3" - 126 lbs
8th grade average size 5'6" - 144 lbs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gelinas (ward melville) is a mix of 7th and 8th with approx 40 kids. Huge size difference between this particular group of 7th and 8th graders...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

when you lose 8-2 to Team 91, just say "good game" and move on - don't make excuses. you two will play again.

It's been a few years for me but are the Maryland parents still "out of control" ranting, raving, stomping, crying, whining at every call against their kids and expect to influence the refs and subsequently the outcome of the game? What is it with them down there? Must be a cultural thing that they feel entitled/empowered to participate on those terms. I've never seen anything like it - hope its gotten better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's been a few years for me but are the Maryland parents still "out of control" ranting, raving, stomping, crying, whining at every call against their kids and expect to influence the refs and subsequently the outcome of the game? What is it with them down there? Must be a cultural thing that they feel entitled/empowered to participate on those terms. I've never seen anything like it - hope its gotten better.

Crab parents were great at the Express 2018 game, nice to talk to before and after the games and well behaved during the game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, most of the parents from crabs were excellent, as were their boys. However, there is always one father that loudly complains against the refs...Happens at every game and every team has one...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My sons team is a mixed 7/8th grade team due to budget cuts and the coach took 36 players. Until 2 years ago when there was a separate 7th and 8th grade team they usually took around 30 kids so not too much difference.

I'm not sure what the rules are regarding mixed grade MS teams but last year our mixed team played exclusively full 8th grade teams. Didn't matter since they went 9-0 but I know there are other mixed grade teams locally.

We have heard about your 9-0 middle school team already....Get the hint...nobody cares.. Im sure your kid is breaking the current middle school scoring record also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We have heard about your 9-0 middle school team already....Get the hint...nobody cares.. Im sure your kid is breaking the current middle school scoring record also.

It's people like you that are ruining this site! No questions can be answered or comments made without pathetic losers like yourself who's kids obviously can't even make the school team mouthing off.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Language Violations
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong...you seem to have to prop up your kids team every time you make a statement instead of just making a statement. Also you fail to name the team so others can verify your BS about the 9-0 team that won by 9 goals every game. But then again it is MS Lax in which lesser players play almost half the game!! Therefore I can only conclude that not only is your first team super even your second team is made up of superior players. Now we all know thats BS !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our MS carries about 25 for 7th, another 25 for 8th, and an additional 25 for a combined 7/8 team. The two grade teams are considered "A" level, and the 7/8 team is probably "B" level, although opinions vary on the talent level among the teams.

Lax is a "no cut" sport in our town, so after the grade teams there are one or two intramural teams per grade (they play each other, the grade teams, and other schools).

So, about 37 kids per grade playing at a higher level than intramurals, with the intramural teams still playing competitive lacrosse. Seems to work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our middle school is also a combined 7th/8th grade team. A lot of good players did make the team, but unfortunately a lot of kids didn't even get a look. Seems like coach picked mostly boys from the football team, as he coaches both sports. Too bad kids can't try out with masks on!! Seems like it would be the only fair way....
And how can you have a tryout for over 60 kids and not assign them to wear a number or something so you know who is who?? Just doesn't seem right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What town is that.

Our MS carries about 25 for 7th, another 25 for 8th, and an additional 25 for a combined 7/8 team. The two grade teams are considered "A" level, and the 7/8 team is probably "B" level, although opinions vary on the talent level among the teams.

Lax is a "no cut" sport in our town, so after the grade teams there are one or two intramural teams per grade (they play each other, the grade teams, and other schools).

So, about 37 kids per grade playing at a higher level than intramurals, with the intramural teams still playing competitive lacrosse. Seems to work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our middle school is also a combined 7th/8th grade team. A lot of good players did make the team, but unfortunately a lot of kids didn't even get a look. Seems like coach picked mostly boys from the football team, as he coaches both sports. Too bad kids can't try out with masks on!! Seems like it would be the only fair way....
And how can you have a tryout for over 60 kids and not assign them to wear a number or something so you know who is who?? Just doesn't seem right.

Were the majority of kids that didn't get a fair look 7th graders? Some coaches take less skilled 8th graders over 7th graders since it's there last year to play MS lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our middle school coach did this too -- he coaches another sport and he invited all those players to the tryout (some don't even play lacrosse!) and he took them all. Apparently even gave them direct special instruction during the tryouts (like that doesn't stand out to the rest of the boys!).

I guess his plan is to take a few Bruce Jenners and turn them into Paul Rabils. Good luck with that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am truly sorry if this impacted your sons chance of playing MS ball.

But I applaud a coach that looks at his/her future kids during the off season sports (to gain knowledge of players before a season). This is a huge advantage for a coach going into a season.

Any good coach knows you can take a great basketball player (especially defensive minded player grd/frwd with good feet) and turn them into a good (Big) Lacrosse player. Especially defensive.

My old coach years ago said "if you ever want to know who an athlete is have your boys play basketball. Regardless if they CAN play hoops (well), you will see who the athletes are, who the leaders are and who the hard workers are. These are all positive attributes and building blocks to any team sport.

The same is true that a great RB/QB in MS may make a good middie. A FB maybe Attack or Defense. Same with soccer.

Ill admit many things have changed since the 90's but Id bet if my coach were still alive today he'd say to find a good football/soccer player look at the lax fields for your diamond in the rough.

but again it is hard for that player who may have gotten cut.

Our middle school coach did this too -- he coaches another sport and he invited all those players to the tryout (some don't even play lacrosse!) and he took them all. Apparently even gave them direct special instruction during the tryouts (like that doesn't stand out to the rest of the boys!).

I guess his plan is to take a few Bruce Jenners and turn them into Paul Rabils. Good luck with that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Several Terps teams headed to MD to face the Crabs and another local team this weekend...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Given the budget cuts, in middle school, I see an opportunity for for profit clubs to take advantage of this. Any reson why they have not sprouted up more spring/summer travel clubs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Given the budget cuts, in middle school, I see an opportunity for for profit clubs to take advantage of this. Any reson why they have not sprouted up more spring/summer travel clubs?

I agree. In most districts MS lax is a waste of time, even for the average player who makes the team, for a variety of reasons stated here. Terrible coaches, mandated play time, poor fields, and awful competition just to restate a few. I think if the top clubs offered practice three times a week and games on the weekends at OBLL and Kingspoint, there would be no need for MS lax. In some cases, I think the same holds true for many HS teams. All the nonsense about these gready premadona HS coaches who bench kids for trying to get better over the summer by playing at a higher level, and not on some mediocore town summer team that they run and profit from. Who needs it? No college coach is going to any HS game unless it's one of the top HS that we all know. For 85 or 90 percent of the kids playing on their HS team it's nothing more than stick time in preparation for the summer. Total waste.
I think they should abolish all MS sports and just have intramurals for those that want it. Every other sport can be played at a higher level outside of school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. In most districts MS lax is a waste of time, even for the average player who makes the team, for a variety of reasons stated here. Terrible coaches, mandated play time, poor fields, and awful competition just to restate a few. I think if the top clubs offered practice three times a week and games on the weekends at OBLL and Kingspoint, there would be no need for MS lax. In some cases, I think the same holds true for many HS teams. All the nonsense about these gready premadona HS coaches who bench kids for trying to get better over the summer by playing at a higher level, and not on some mediocore town summer team that they run and profit from. Who needs it? No college coach is going to any HS game unless it's one of the top HS that we all know. For 85 or 90 percent of the kids playing on their HS team it's nothing more than stick time in preparation for the summer. Total waste.
I think they should abolish all MS sports and just have intramurals for those that want it. Every other sport can be played at a higher level outside of school.

That last sentence is without a doubt the dumbest thing I've read on this board.

The rest of it is the second dumbest thing I've ever read on this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here, Here

That last sentence is without a doubt the dumbest thing I've read on this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here, Here

Obviously, you are an insecure highly threatened school coach of some sort at a district that is not a lax power house. Don't be afraid of competition, ultimately it's better for the kids. What was said above it not dumb, it's 100% true. Every sport offered at the MS level can be played at a higher more competitive level. It's just a fact! In the case of lacrosse, it is overwhelmingly the case in most of the MS programs on LI. Not dumb my highly intimidated friend, not dumb.
With regard to getting rid of MS sports: It's a great idea, no need for it anymore. Put the money into the HS programs. Reduce the employee head counts and lower pension and insurance costs. Not dumb.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any results from the Maryland trip? Heard the West Coast Stars came in to play also. Good to see lacrosse growing.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard